• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Gay Ginger

Make Smash Bros. Gay Again
Switch FC
3923-4397-1697
Oh! I almost forgot! Thank you to everyone who participated in the conversation on masculinity and men's health with me.

I got a 20/20 :D

UkeNicky

Smash Ace
NNID
UkeNicky
imperial is 4 kings, we cant swep to metrci because thats not royal enuff for us

I've never seen this before.
Aero, we'll never be metric (metric)
It's just not in our blood

Actually though, I have to say I have nothing against the metric system.
Use what you've gotta use to get by.

I've heard of furlongs but never chains o:
I mean like, I know of one kinda chain but I had no idea it was a form of measurement.

The Zelda Social, where learning is fun!

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Guys, I get that there are certain parts that you don't use. Metric is the same:

1 centimeter = 10 millimeters
1 decimeter = 10 centimeters
1 meter = 10 decimeters
1 dekameter = 10 meters
1 hectometer = 10 dekameters
1 kilometer = 10 hectometers

We don't use decimeteres, dekameters or hectometers. I was mainly pointing out the fact that the numbers used for imperial are about as bad as Zelda is in Smash 4.

Rizen

Smash Legend
APPARENTLY YOU PEOPLE HAVENT HEARD OF DECIMAL PLACES EITHER
Apparently you haven't heard of apostrophes :p.
A base ten system is easier to work with but converting an entire country with road signs, books, speed limits, etc would be extremely hard and costly.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Apparently you haven't heard of apostrophes :p.
A base ten system is easier to work with but converting an entire country with road signs, books, speed limits, etc would be extremely hard and costly.
You're completely right.

That's why rest of the ENTIRE world hasn't done it either.

Oh wait.

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
I've never seen this before.
I thought it was only Europe that did it, but I guess I was wrong. Here's a fun map:

blue=point puke green=comma nice green=??? the wikipedia page doesn't say red=Eastern Arabic Numerals grey=data unavailable

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Oh! I almost forgot! Thank you to everyone who participated in the conversation on masculinity and men's health with me.

I got a 20/20 :D
Glad I could help! What did you have to do with our answers, anyway?

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Good to see that you use the Glorious Metric System :denzel:

Koiba

코이바 ❤
NNID
SprinkledKittens
3DS FC
4055-7129-2437
LOL you gurls are the best! I had to write these down XD
Thankies to y'all:happysheep:
And what should I ask them? I`m going to be anonymous so it's going to be fun. :D

Nammy12

Smash Lord
NNID
Nammy12
I thought it was only Europe that did it, but I guess I was wrong. Here's a fun map:

blue=point puke green=comma nice green=??? the wikipedia page doesn't say red=Eastern Arabic Numerals grey=data unavailable
I'm pretty sure Canada uses point as well.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome

That would explain it, both our countries are blue. lol

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer

Canadian green means they use both (presumably the English speakers use decimals, and Québec uses commas, being French-speaking).
It's mostly to do with languages, I think - continental European languages like French, German, Spanish, etc. use commas, while English uses decimals. China and Japan I don't know about - probably influence from the English speaking world.

Last edited:

Rizen

Smash Legend
You're completely right.

That's why rest of the ENTIRE world hasn't done it either.

Oh wait.
You go ahead and lay out your plan and how to finance it to fix something that's not broken within our country and we'll talk.

Gay Ginger

Make Smash Bros. Gay Again
Switch FC
3923-4397-1697
Just saying, saying decimals in French sounds ugly af.

Instead of saying 5.5 (five point five) they'd say 5,5 (cinq virgule cinq).

Like I love French but virgule is an ugly word. @Princess Toady please confirm :p

Last edited:

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
That would explain it, both our countries are blue. lol
The only reason I know about it is because I've taken almost 4 years of French (and I plan to major in it when I go to college, but that's beside the point).

The French (it might be a European thing idk) also separate telephone numbers like 0X XX XX XX XX instead of XXX XXX-XXXX.

Last edited:

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
The only reason I know about it is because I've taken almost 4 years of French (and I plan to major in it when I go to college, but that's beside the point).

The French (it might be a European thing idk) also separate telephone numbers like 0X XX XX XX XX instead of XXX XXX-XXXX.
We do that here too.

It's honestly easier. The US just likes things not to make sense imo.

IT'S THE COUNTRY OF COMIC SANS.

evmaxy54

Smash Champion
NNID
maXywashere
[quote="UkeNicky, post: 19139335, member: 282710"I mean like, I know of one kinda chain but I had no idea it was a form of measurement.[/quote]
I think we all know of one kind of chain

image.jpg

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
@berserker. @Reserved

Very late, but noticed you two talk about Bandana Dee and Magolor earlier.

I still support Bandana Dee as my most wanted newcomer myself. Magolor is cool as well.

The reason Bandana Dee is my most wanted is...partly due to personal reasons. Though there is also me liking the spear ability, me liking waddle dees, me thinking he is adorable, growing up with Super star ultra, etc.

Magolor is interesting and I do think he has a chance. Despite him being importance once, hal likes milking him. In the 20th anniversary game Magolor is your opponent in the special rooms. He gets a keychain in Triple deluxe and even shows up to annoy you once during the final music level in Dedede Drum Dash Deluxe.

Speaking of the music, there is also crowned. Crowned is heavily associated with Magolor. Crowned also is milked by Hal. Showing up in games and even getting remixed in the latest one.

There is also the fact Magolor got a trophy. There is that.

Again, all that said, still want Bandana dee the most.

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
I remember when I used to like Papyrus. Ewwwwwww.
Also, we all know Canada is the best country. :happysheep:

Last edited:

Rizen

Smash Legend
It's ok, look, I understand. You're free to keep using the Imperial System and its nonsensical units of measurements.

I just think that for internationals it just causes unnecessary confusion-- and the occasional loss of of a multimillion dollar spacecraft I guess.
Great, way to completely dodge my point. It's easy to ***** about something, especially in other countries, but fixing the problem is something else. Americans complain about other countries all the time too. I could probably find dumb things about Australia. I'm just saying every country has their stupid quirks but there's no point in nit picking them. It's hard to change society.
/just saying :ohwell:

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
I'M LATE BUT I HAVE A COLORED SQUARE NOW!

So do I fit in?

Last edited:

Jestar

Prinsass of Hyrule
NNID
JML-64
Switch FC
2130-3831-9341
****ing Quebec.
Why learn French when you have English?
Tell that to the province right next to Quebec.

Half the people here speak a language you can't even understand.

It ain't easy living in the only bilingual province in the country.

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
dumb things about Australia
-the wildlife
-the lingo (thong means flip-flop in Australia wtf)
-GOLDEN GAYTIMES
-the wildlife
-people complaining about the beautiful weather
-the wildlife
-the accent (depending on how strong it is)

Also, the wildlife. Except for wombats. They're adorable and can stay.

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
Got some guy on FG. Beat him for 5 straight matches as Zelda, after which he presumably tried to communicate some profanity via name tags (I only saw it changing back to his normal one, so I don't know what exactly). He picked Ness next game, and won with a lucky PK Flash. "SHREKT" I then proceeded to elevator him three times in the following two games, down-taunted, and left.
That guy right now: :salt::salt::salt::salt::salt::salt::salt::salt:
Ugh, I just had a really bad FG experience where I just couldn't win. Several of my opponents were pretty good, so I can't complain too much. But the last one, after beating me consistently, changed his tag to "YOU•TRIED:)". Condescending much? And I still get irritated that people can't figure out that there's a space input.

omg... it's 20 degrees right now and I'm shivering.... It's so cold I'm going to dieeeeeeeeeee
I was going to say how one of my cousins married and Australian and he got to experience snow for the first time when they visited us, but then I realized that 20°C is pretty dang comfy, especially if it's sunny. So you're just a wimp.

I agree with @ Rizen Rizen that I prefer Fahrenheit because it's more precise without using decimals. But I also agree with you that the freezing and boiling points are pretty arbitrary compared to Celsius. The easy solution is to shift everything down 32 degrees!

I am think the metric system is more practical than the imperial system but I'd have a hard time thinking of my measurements in meters and kilograms instead of inches/feet and pounds. Though aren't kilograms technically a measurement of mass? Why don't you use newtwons, huh? (That's actually a question I want to ask a scientist lol)

Bonus question: at what temperature do Fahrenheit and Celsius intersect?

I got a 34 on my ACT BTW.

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Should I write like this from now on to be completely e d g y?:happysheep:

Last edited:

UkeNicky

Smash Ace
NNID
UkeNicky
Great, way to completely dodge my point. It's easy to ***** about something, especially in other countries, but fixing the problem is something else. Americans complain about other countries all the time too. I could probably find dumb things about Australia. I'm just saying every country has their stupid quirks but there's no point in nit picking them. It's hard to change society.
/just saying :ohwell:

Cascade Kitchen Counselor here

Let's not start the whole international hate on each other now.
You know what we need right now?

There is nothing a cup of tea can't solve~

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
I was going to say how one of my cousins married and Australian and he got to experience snow for the first time when they visited us, but then I realized that 20°C is pretty dang comfy, especially if it's sunny. So you're just a wimp.
No.

This is our winter.

Top Bottom