• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
omg... it's 20 degrees right now and I'm shivering.... It's so cold I'm going to dieeeeeeeeeee
It's ~18°C here and it's the nicest weather we've had in weeks. I guess you were right about Australians complaining about stupid things. :secretkpop:

Latte

Smash Ace
I got a 30 Composite score on my ACT and I was dead tired during it lol I could probably get a better score if I try, but YOLO
u go gurl

I wasn't too tired during mine, but I guessed on over half of the science portion. I think I got a 21 on that part of the test, which is actually better than I expected :secretkpop:

Last edited:

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Farenheit is more accurate than Celsius, oddly.
what even does this mean

I mean, I suppose it's more accurate since you have more to measure, but it just makes so much more sense to say that 0 degrees is freezing and 100 degrees is boiling

u go gurl

I wasn't too tired during mine, but I guessed on over half of the science portion. I think I got a 21 on that part of the test, which is actually better than I expected :secretkpop:
Oh snap gorl! Luckily for you I killed the science portion with a 34, so I'm pretty sure I'll be able to help you! (I mean, if you want help. If not, that's also cool too I guess lol) Don't ask me about the writing portion though lol

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Who doesn't love Fahrenheit? 32° for freezing and 212° for boiling are super obvious and not random at all.

Celsius makes more sense, but I'm so used that Fahrenheit that people enjoying 30° weather will always sound like a sick joke to me.

Last edited:

Latte

Smash Ace
Oh snap gorl! Luckily for you I killed the science portion with a 34, so I'm pretty sure I'll be able to help you! (I mean, if you want help. If not, that's also cool too I guess lol) Don't ask me about the writing portion though lol
Thanks for the offer, but I'm probably not going to retake it. I don't have any particular college I want to get into. A 27 will definitely be good enough for whatever college I would want to go to, anyway.

A 34 tho. Good job!

Koiba

코이바 ❤
NNID
SprinkledKittens
3DS FC
4055-7129-2437
Gurls, what's a good fake internet name? I want to troll on all my friend's youtube videos.
I need a first name and a last name:happysheep:
please help

Soul.

Hmm. A BnB thread on the competitive subforum.
Time to waste my time doing all of them.
Gurls, what's a good fake internet name? I want to troll on all my friend's youtube videos.
please help
Trollius McTroll

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
please help
Goddess Rosalinda

or you could try Sanic Bawler :secretkpop:

Last edited:

Koiba

코이바 ❤
NNID
SprinkledKittens
3DS FC
4055-7129-2437
I was thinking of rasalina is da best but it's on g+ so I don't know how to do it.
And my friends do minecraft so maybe something casual?

Soul.

I was thinking of rasalina is da best but it's on g+ so I don't know how to do it.
And my friends do minecraft so maybe something casual?
Get a Cranky Kong icon, then name the thing "git gud"

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
I can understand being used to it, but USA is like, the only country in the world who hasn't moved on from the Imperial system.

Why use a system of measurement that is based on the width of an average man’s thumb or the size of a barleycorn, I don't get it

What baffles me even more is that some Americans actively DEFEND the system because they think it's superior, and that clearly the other 99% of the world are morons for using metric

UMM

HELLO?

Code:
1 foot = 12 inches
1 yard = 3 feet
1 chain = 22 yards
1 furlong = 10 chains
1 mile = 8 furlongs
I actually need to know why this is a thing ^

Rizen

Smash Legend
^I've never heard anyone use furlong or chain.

The problem with Celsius is there are so few numbers. Humans can't survive at hotter temps than 140f, 60C but they can survive quite a bit colder than freezing temperatures (except Australians :troll:). Fahrenheit has a much better range imo. It's easy for me to say 70f is perfect weather, 74f is a tad hot and 66f is a tad cold. I'm not against metric but celsius needs more range.

PS I cheated:
http://www.metric-conversions.org/temperature/fahrenheit-to-celsius.htm

Last edited:
Thanks for the offer, but I'm probably not going to retake it. I don't have any particular college I want to get into. A 27 will definitely be good enough for whatever college I would want to go to, anyway.

A 34 tho. Good job!
Thanks! And you too gorl!!

please help
xX420BlAeZiT_360GlAeZiTXx

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
^I've never heard anyone use furlong or chain.

The problem with Celsius is there are so few numbers. Humans can't survive at hotter temps than 140f, 60C but they can survive quite a bit colder than freezing temperatures (except Australians :troll:). Fahrenheit has a much better range imo. It's easy for me to say 70f is perfect weather, 74f is a tad hot and 66f is a tad cold. I'm not against metric but celsius needs more range.

PS I cheated:
http://www.metric-conversions.org/temperature/fahrenheit-to-celsius.htm
APPARENTLY YOU PEOPLE HAVENT HEARD OF DECIMAL PLACES EITHER

Thanks! And you too gorl!!

xX420BlAeZiT_360GlAeZiTXx
I can understand being used to it, but USA is like, the only country in the world who hasn't moved on from the Imperial system.

Why use a system of measurement that is based on the width of an average man’s thumb or the size of a barleycorn, I don't get it

What baffles me even more is that some Americans actively DEFEND the system because they think it's superior, and that clearly the other 99% of the world are morons for using metric

UMM

HELLO?

Code:
1 foot = 12 inches
1 yard = 3 feet
1 chain = 22 yards
1 furlong = 10 chains
1 mile = 8 furlongs
I don't even lol It just makes my physics harder!

UkeNicky

Smash Ace
NNID
UkeNicky

UMM

HELLO?

Code:
1 foot = 12 inches
1 yard = 3 feet
1 chain = 22 yards
1 furlong = 10 chains
1 mile = 8 furlongs

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
I've literally never heard of a chain and furlong before. We were always taught 12 inches to a foot, 3 feet in a yard, 5280 feet in a mile, etc.

edit: That reminds me about how Europe and the like use commas and decimals opposite of how the U.S. does. Like, I always do a double take when I see stuff like 17.999 and $13,88. That is the one thing that I think the U.S. does better.

Last edited:

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
I'm not surprised you people don't use them because they're so unbelievably stupid.

I just copied a bunch of those out of a wiki article.

Koiba

코이바 ❤
NNID
SprinkledKittens
3DS FC
4055-7129-2437
But they won't know the joke behind the rosie matchup unfortunately...:sadsheep:
How about like "Jinny hoovsvergaternet" or something like this? XD

UkeNicky

Smash Ace
NNID
UkeNicky
omfg......... im ded
Stop that *shoves Phoenix Down yo throat*

Btw maybe they think it's superior cuz "Imperial" has such a superior sounding feel to it.
Defend the Imperialist Empire!
Idk something like that, nothing has to make sense in this thread

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
imperial is 4 kings, we cant swep to metrci because thats not royal enuff for us

edit: That reminds me about how Europe and the like use commas and decimals opposite of how the U.S. does. Like, I always do a double take when I see stuff like 17.999 and $13,88. That is the one thing that I think the U.S. does better.
I've never seen this before.

Iceweasel

Smash Ace
@ KuroganeHammer KuroganeHammer
Never heard of a chain, and never used furlongs, but I agree that metric is clearly the superior system. Officially, the US has switched to metric, but because the laws are still written using the old system, and nobody is required to use the new system for any purpose besides nutrition information* (no requirement that I'm aware of, at least), we still keep using this craptacular system of units.

*Technically, we cheat there too. I'm not sure how this is legal, but the dietary calorie used in the US is actually a kilocalorie for any other purpose. It has something to do with writing it using a capital C instead of a lowercase C, but how the hell that flies in court (besides the obvious cash injection) is anyone's guess.

Last edited:
Top Bottom