• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

|ven|

ᵔᴥᵔ かわいい ᵔᴥᵔ
NNID
Hyuven
academy.png

OOMG I LEFT FOR A COUPLE HOURS AND COME HOME TO THIS ;o;. I WOULD LOVE TO THANK THE ACADEMy. EVERYONE WHO GAME ME MU PRACTICE. THE MAIN HUNTY ZELDA AND @Macchiato FOR MAKING ME DRINK EVER SINCE I JOINED THE BOARDS.​

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Least favorite characters to fight: :4diddy::4sonic::4olimar:
Least favorite characters to fight in lag: :4link::4tlink::4falcon::4dedede::4yoshi:
Favorite characters to fight::4megaman: :4ganondorf::4greninja::4littlemac::4ness:

I guess. Everyone else I'm cool with fighting, except amusingly kind of Rosalina because I don't have much MU experience against her despite being familiar with playing her. I even got rocked in the ditto the last few times I played it. I guess I just don't have a good feel for when to prioritize removing Luma and when to ignore it, or how to get rid of it without getting punished. Perhaps I should watch replays and see what my opponents do...except I haven't played wifi much since 1.0.6 dropped and didn't record my old replays :facepalm:

I don't know where I sit with Fox because I have fun in advantage against him but he's miserable to fight otherwise.

/randommusings

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
Real brief on the topic of :4littlemac:

People need to stop acting like he's a free stock once you throw him off the stage and that's all he is. Yes, his recovery is exploitable, but unless he's just too far away you'll have to work to keep him away. He can kill quickly and is a legitimate threat on the ground, given that his title are some of the best in the game, his great dash speed, and armored smashes. This isn't at anyone at particular, most at FG players that they to lame me out and then get bopped.

Real talk though, his DThrow would be great if he actually had an air game.

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Least favorite characters to fight: :4diddy::4sonic::4olimar:
Least favorite characters to fight in lag: :4link::4tlink::4falcon::4dedede::4yoshi:
Favorite characters to fight::4megaman: :4ganondorf::4greninja::4littlemac::4ness:

I guess. Everyone else I'm cool with fighting, except amusingly kind of Rosalina because I don't have much MU experience against her despite being familiar with playing her. I even got rocked in the ditto the last few times I played it. I guess I just don't have a good feel for when to prioritize removing Luma and when to ignore it, or how to get rid of it without getting punished. Perhaps I should watch replays and see what my opponents do...except I haven't played wifi much since 1.0.6 dropped and didn't record my old replays :facepalm:

I don't know where I sit with Fox because I have fun in advantage against him but he's miserable to fight otherwise.

/randommusings
Should this be a thing?

Least favourite characters to fight: :4gaw::4lucario::4sonic::4fox:
Characters I always have trouble against: :4jigglypuff::rosalina::4pit::4wario2::4mewtwo:
Least favourite characters to fight in lag: :4falcon::4link::4luigi::4mario::4tlink::4ness::4littlemac::4yoshi:
Characters I like to fight against: :4bowserjr::4ganondorf::4wiifit::4rob:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Oh, I might actually be wrong about dthrow>upB. It's a really tight window in training (on :4darkpit:) which says to me that rage or DI probably invalidate it.

Good to know from the perspective of fighting Mac I guess, his grab is bad and his throws aren't amazing either so shield is pretty safe against him. Most Macs don't realize their dtilt (and ftilt?) are safe on shield though, or don't space them properly. And I've only fought one Mac in the past few months that even used down-fsmash at all.

Least favourite characters to fight: :4gaw:
Is it the usmash? :4gaw:

dislikes::4rob::4zss:
I can kind of agree with these too, though ROB mainly just bothers me in lag and ZSS is usually just because their players are flowcharty...though she was my least favorite character to fight back when I played :4dedede::4greninja:.

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
Real brief on the topic of :4littlemac:

People need to stop acting like he's a free stock once you throw him off the stage and that's all he is. Yes, his recovery is exploitable, but unless he's just too far away you'll have to work to keep him away. He can kill quickly and is a legitimate threat on the ground, given that his title are some of the best in the game, his great dash speed, and armored smashes. This isn't at anyone at particular, most at FG players that they to lame me out and then get bopped.

Real talk though, his DThrow would be great if he actually had an air game.
Fox completely and entirely ****s on him, though. Like, it's depressing how bad that MU is.

Watching Attack on Titan. P Good stuff

I like fighting :rosalina::4myfriends::4link::4pikachu::4ness::4robinf:
I dislike fighting :4sheik::4fox:(1.04 :4diddy:)
I dislike fighting in lag :substitute: - Everyone

Last edited:

Soul.

There was this scrub who used Fox, taunting like a coward while I was using Little Mac.
**** fox scrubs

If people played Mac like how Mayweather played against Manny, people would have a higher impression on him. I guess

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
Characters I hate fighting:

:4rob::4luigi::4yoshi:(!!!!):4olimar::4sheik::4tlink::4link::4fox::4duckhunt:(with anyone but Zelda):4megaman::4pikachu::4zss::4villagerf:(when campy):4samus:(in lag):4lucina:(her voice grates my ears):4sonic:

Edit: Should have said ALL OF THEM.

Last edited:

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
Aww, alright. We can play together some other time, then!

Speaking of Ryan, I played League with him earlier today. I kind of feel bad for him because of how poorly I was playing.
Oh well :^)
It's ok. He thinks you're funny, and you won't upset him.

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Is it the usmash? :4gaw:
That and Dash Attack. Haha.

I remember getting bodied by a G&W who was just spamming Dash Attack, UpB and Down Air and I couldn't do anything about it lmao. Those were the days.

Can't seem to be able to fight him ever since.

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
I'm more concerned about Fern's change and I still can't get over Ginger's.

At least you're still Pikachu.

Last edited:

Soul.

I literally cannot change my avatar to something that is not Pikachu. smh

Last edited:
Forgive me for my lack of knowledge regarding Mac but I'm trying him out again because I'm bored. People say that Falcon has the worst disadvantaged state in the game but what about Mac? Why hasn't anyone brought him up? Just asking

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Forgive me for my lack of knowledge regarding Mac but I'm trying him out again because I'm bored. People say that Falcon has the worst disadvantaged state in the game but what about Mac? Why hasn't anyone brought him up? Just asking
Counter, invincible upB, superarmor neutralB, partially invincible sideB I guess.

He has more landing options and as limited as his recovery is he can mix it up at least.

Also he's smaller and doesn't fall as fast so he isn't as free to juggle.

EDIT: Also his frame 1 invincible upB can be used to escape gaps in things, like in a Mac ditto you can upB out of another Mac's rapid jab and actually hit him with it. He's also got that frame 2 nair for poking out of aerial strings.

Last edited:

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
I literally cannot change my avatar to something that is not Pikachu. smh
cat.jpg

I just wanted to post this Norwegian forest floof
people just stopped playing him all of a sudden, but ya its bad. His Up B can put out a quick hitbox and he has a counter to work with so he can at least mix it up. I don't really know a lot about the mac though. :4duckhunt: is like the only character I've played with an actual fall speed
Counter, invincible upB, superarmor neutralB, partially invincible sideB I guess.

He has more landing options and as limited as his recovery is he can mix it up at least.

Also he's smaller and doesn't fall as fast so he isn't as free to juggle.
sigh Zelda'd
49085144_p0.jpg

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Fox completely and entirely ****s on him, though. Like, it's depressing how bad that MU is.
Some of the Foxes say it's the opposite, but I feel like it's because they're fishing for jab cancels against a character who arguably has the best rapid jab and a decent Gentleman.

Little Mac apparently weighs the same as Falco, but considering air speed, fall speed, gravity, etc., they're different, but it's kind of funny. In lag, all counters are godplayer and following people in lag is also a pain, so that's why I feel like Little Mac's disadvantage isn't super bad, but yeah, it's bad. At least he has a counter and a fast Nair unlike Captain Falcon.

Last edited:

Soul.

Real quick someone, are smash 4 doubles in the same level as brawl doubles.
inb4 no but they will once the potential of customs is discovered

Last time I fought a Game and Watch with Shulk was at December. It felt really easy but that's because I figured his habits out so EASILY and knew when smash art+vision is going to be used. Every time I was going to fast fall above him, he uses u-smash so I just vision that instead. He also spams dash attack whenever I whiff so I just whiff d-tilt then use vision.

Soul.

I honestly think Pika vs. GDubs is even, if not in Pika's favor (duh).
Not like it matters when you have scrubs expecting the Neutral B so that they can fill their bucket and use Oil Panic

This thread is too quick for me. 6 hours of sleep and all of a sudden, there are like 5-8 new pages.

Did that nair > u-tilt > f-air > air slash thing again except of Gandaldorf but I ran out of space for replays (wtf how?)

Top Bottom