• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
I thank you, captain obvious, for I was dubious enough to think about that

#3dsmasterrace
I have to say the 3DS is tied with the GBA as my favorite console ever (if only there would be GBA games on the Eshop)

Shrokatii

Smash Lord
NNID
thtarwarth
3DS FC
2406-5322-4533
I respond:

Because Wolf isn't here. Yet.
If you ask me, I honestly believe wolf will return. When I saw he was removed, I questioned that more than the intrusion on duck hint, Pac man etc.

And I never even played him

Like, it was just stupid. Starfox has two reps? Really? A series that's been in smash since the beginning? Then, they get 3 reps. One removed. And the game even has the same engine. It makes no sense, which is why I think wolf will be here eventually, possibly alongside like krystal or something

Plus, starfox needs recognition so they can make more/better games

Last edited:

Koiba

코이바 ❤
NNID
SprinkledKittens
3DS FC
4055-7129-2437
If you ask me, I honestly believe wolf will return. When I saw he was removed, I questioned that more than the intrusion on duck hint, Pac man etc.

And I never even played him

Like, it was just stupid. Starfox has two reps? Really? A series that's been in smash since the beginning? Then, they get 3 reps. One removed. And the game even has the same engine. It makes no sense, which is why I think wolf will be here eventually, possibly alongside like krystal or something

Plus, starfox needs recognition so they can make more/better games
Well we might get Ryu because he's really recognizable and Roy because of the files. But isn't it possible if wolf get's replaced by Krystal? More female rep and wouldn't a clone of the other star fox chars

Soul.

I have to say the 3DS is tied with the GBA as my favorite console ever (if only there would be GBA games on the Eshop)
I may have a handheld bias, but whatever. I like them all. Wish there were GBA games on it too, even though I got the Ambassador ones.

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
I'd like a good explanation on how he is fun to play against. Imo, no freaking character is fun to play against unless you aren't playing seriously. It just doesn't make any sense. Are huge disjoints on a character that's supposed to be rushdown and upclose fun to play against?
yes and I don't think anyone plays for disjoints on falcon. Maybe that day will come, but it's certainly not today.
Anyways playing against falcon just feels good. A lot of his kill moves require commitment or a read, if he gets an early kill or a 0-death it was work on his part. When at the end of the day I lost because falcon hit me with a knee or an elbow I feel like I can as a player improve. I will admit Bair is a silly thing to deal with
Where as when I play against something like rob or rosalinda. Who are like beeb boop, what is emotions? Uair! and I die because of stupid shenanigans, I feel cheated, even though what they have done wasn't cheating (trust me I have air dodging rob uairs on local down to a science and it still feels like bull**** when I'm hit by one). Most of my disliking of characters will come down to 1-2 moves they have because of just how downright disgusting they are
GBA was magical and nothing will ever top it now
leave2.png

Shrokatii

Smash Lord
NNID
thtarwarth
3DS FC
2406-5322-4533
yes and I don't think anyone plays for disjoints on falcon. Maybe that day will come, but it's certainly not today.
Anyways playing against falcon just feels good. A lot of his kill moves require commitment or a read, if he gets an early kill or a 0-death it was work on his part. When at the end of the day I lost because falcon hit me with a knee or an elbow I feel like I can as a player improve. I will admit Bair is a silly thing to deal with
Where as when I play against something like rob or rosalinda. Who are like beeb boop, what is emotions? Uair! and I die because of stupid shenanigans, I feel cheated, even though what they have done wasn't cheating (trust me I have air dodging rob uairs on local down to a science and it still feels like bull**** when I'm hit by one). Most of my disliking of characters will come down to 1-2 moves they have because of just how downright disgusting they are
If you're implying Falcon is hard to play and Roslina is easy

then I dunno what to tell you

Last edited:

Shrokatii

Smash Lord
NNID
thtarwarth
3DS FC
2406-5322-4533
never said easy or hard with either of those characters
Well you did say rosalina has cheap shenanigans and falcon has to really commit and try for kills and stuff

That to me is implying one is easy, one is hard, but I may have just read it wrong

Regardless, I don't find any character any fun to play against. as you said, if a falcon does manage to pull of death combos or reads you, then that tells you you need to improve. What's so fun about that? Getting, well, rekt, for lack of a better word, is fun?

Opinions I guess

Last edited:
OH MY GOD

THEY RUINED THE BRAVELY SECOND ASTERISK THEME

UUUUUGGGGHHHHH. IT WAS SOO GOOD IN THE DEMO WTF

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
I wouldn't be as bothered by the disjoint on Falcon's dash attack if the animation more obviously indicated it existed, I spent a really long time losing to it every time I challenged it and never understood why, but just shielding isn't a safe alternative when he can ruin your life off a grab.

Though still most of my gripes about the game come more from "I can't react to this stuff on WiFi" more than "this character is the bane of all happiness"

Regardless, no character is fun to play against
what.

If playing against any character isn't fun for you then how do you enjoy the game?

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
People don't seem very aware that Header works like Gordos, except even easier to reflect.

I've hit WFTs on Wifi that tried to Header an Aura Sphere charge, I don't think the ball has any damage threshold for reflects.

Shrokatii

Smash Lord
NNID
thtarwarth
3DS FC
2406-5322-4533
I wouldn't be as bothered by the disjoint on Falcon's dash attack if the animation more obviously indicated it existed, I spent a really long time losing to it every time I challenged it and never understood why, but just shielding isn't a safe alternative when he can ruin your life off a grab.

Though still most of my gripes about the game come more from "I can't react to this stuff on WiFi" more than "this character is the bane of all happiness"

what.

If playing against any character isn't fun for you then how do you enjoy the game?
combos, hype, playing as my favorite nintendo characters, the competitive spirit, nostalgia, reads, playing with friends, general gameplay

plus, you mightve missed what i said earlier, but i said "no character is fun to play against unless it isnt serious"

Last edited:

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
People don't seem very aware that Header works like Gordos, except even easier to reflect.

I've hit WFTs on Wifi that tried to Header an Aura Sphere charge, I don't think the ball has any damage threshold for reflects.
the ball moves faster though and it is a smaller projectile, it's not like dedede where you can just spam moves and magically reflect a gordo, also header is almost always used in a situation where if reflected it's not hitting the user

Edit: dedede also needs a diet, he's like trying to get hit by gordos

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod

It's just weird when it happened. I thought it caused hit lag at first and stalled Falco in the air or that Falco was trading his entire Nair with Header, but it was just Falco juggling Header which caused more sound effects and WFT just got slapped with a ball like 4 times. Kind of hilarious and weird.

the ball moves faster though and it is a smaller projectile, it's not like dedede where you can just spam moves and magically reflect a gordo
Or immediately snipe it with Falco's default Blaster. There's enough time where Falco can fire on reaction from across the stage and get the Gordo to snap back and hit Triple D's face.

Gay Ginger

Make Smash Bros. Gay Again
Switch FC
3923-4397-1697
I just got a job interview for Thursday to be an online English tutor~

Hopefully it goes well :D

ZeldaFan01

Cassie Shore/Shelby Goodkind (Netflix)
NNID
?
Hello Zelda Sisters, Its been ages.
I keep seeing things on Smashboards like "Ban Zelda" and "Zelda is broken"...What does all that mean?

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
the ball moves faster though and it is a smaller projectile, it's not like dedede where you can just spam moves and magically reflect a gordo
Unlike Gordos the ball doesn't have a hitbox larger than its hurtbox though

Granted Gordo's hitbox shrink every 30 frames, but characters without quick disjointed moves can't safely reflect it until it's been out for like a second

I just got a job interview for Thursday to be an online English tutor~

Hopefully it goes well :D
Good luck with your interview!

I just got done applying for a job as pharmacy technician at Target...hopefully I actually get it, most of the time I apply to places I don't hear back, and the rare chance I do I'm a wreck during interviews...

Top Bottom