• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Jestar

Prinsass of Hyrule
NNID
JML-64
Switch FC
2130-3831-9341
four swords was my first zelda game (didnt get into the series until melee came out where i thought link was cool)

lots of nostalgia in that game, and is my 3rd or 4th favorite zelda game... i seriously hope they remake it for wii u or some other console, a lot of potential in it
The GBA one or Four Swords Adventures?

Adventures was incredible.

Shrokatii

Smash Lord
NNID
thtarwarth
3DS FC
2406-5322-4533
The GBA one or Four Swords Adventures?

Adventures was incredible.
oh yeah, guess i shoulda clarified, four swords adventures.

i know its different from the rest of the franchise, but that doesnt mean its bad, according to a lot of people, the zelda series tends to get a bit repetitive in its formula

Last edited:

Jestar

Prinsass of Hyrule
NNID
JML-64
Switch FC
2130-3831-9341
oh yeah, guess i shoulda clarified, four swords adventures.

i know its different from the rest of the franchise, but that doesnt mean its bad, according to a lot of people, the zelda series tends to get a bit repetitive in its formula
In adventure's case, being different is a good thing.

I really like the "platformer like" level structure it had and collecting force gems was good fun.

Also nearly every level had a boss in it which was pretty awesome.

It's also 1 of only 2 Zelda games to have the Gerudo tribe in it which is huge in my opinion.

There's also tons of good references to the games released before it.

I'd definitely would buy it again if it ever gets released again.

I'd rank it 6th out of all the Zelda games I've played, which is all of them.

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
characters whose up/down aerials are functionally similar: :4villager::4shulk::4marth::4lucina::ivysaur:
characters whose forward/backward aerials are functionally similar: :4villager::4zelda::4duckhunt:

we see that villager is the least original character in terms of aerials

Shrokatii

Smash Lord
NNID
thtarwarth
3DS FC
2406-5322-4533
In adventure's case, being different is a good thing.

I really like the "platformer like" level structure it had and collecting force gems was good fun.

Also nearly every level had a boss in it which was pretty awesome.

It's also 1 of only 2 Zelda games to have the Gerudo tribe in it which is huge in my opinion.

There's also tons of good references to the games released before it.

I'd definitely would buy it again if it ever gets released again.

I'd rank it 6th out of all the Zelda games I've played, which is all of them.
yeah i agree. im actually pretty sure ive played every zelda game, but i havent beaten them all. whenever i do a playthrough of the original i always get stuck on the same dungeon, forgot the name, and zelda II is just overly hard (and im one who really hates how video games are super easy nowadays, but Zelda II is on a whole different level)

still working on Link's awakening, its also a pretty good game.

and i also need to correct myself, Oracle of Seasons was actually my first zelda game, but when i got it i never realized it was a zelda game, which led to me to think Four Sworfs Adventures was my first and it just carried with me, but Four Swords Adventures was my second.

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
four swords was my first zelda game (didnt get into the series until melee came out where i thought link was cool)

lots of nostalgia in that game, and is my 3rd or 4th favorite zelda game... i seriously hope they remake it for wii u or some other console, a lot of potential in it
They did have that Four Swords 25th anniversary thing on DSi a couple years back.

Fun game. The only Zelda game I actually own as a matter of fact, and one of two I've played. It's good.

Shrokatii

Smash Lord
NNID
thtarwarth
3DS FC
2406-5322-4533
They did have that Four Swords 25th anniversary thing on DSi a couple years back.

Fun game. The only Zelda game I actually own as a matter of fact, and one of two I've played. It's good.
actually that post was incorrect, four swords adventures was my, well, actually second zelda game, but it's probably my 4th favorite zelda game.

but yeah, the 25th anniversary edition of the original four swords was pretty fun, but adventures was way better, you should play that sometime

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
actually that post was incorrect, four swords adventures was my, well, actually second zelda game, but it's probably my 4th favorite zelda game.

but yeah, the 25th anniversary edition of the original four swords was pretty fun, but adventures was way better, you should play that sometime
I don't have friends :<

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Awake again. Let's go to work.

Lightning is painful.
Well yes, but I'm still worried about something like this:

Yeah, the Wii U is pretty sparse on good games. I'd probably get more of the Mario platformers except I don't like platformers. Outside of Smash and Mario Kart, the notable games (present and future) seem to be Bayonetta 2, The Wonderful 101, Hyrule Warriors, Splatoon, the Mario platfomers (don't know all of them or all their titles), Xenoblade X, Game & Wario, Pikmin 3, Kirby and the Rainbow Curse, the forthcoming Zelda title, Yoshi's Wooly World, and arguably Captain Toad. That's not a lot. Personally Guacamelee looks pretty fun and I may get it at some point. Other non-first party games that are good are Shovel Knight, Shantae, Rayman Legends, and Yooka-Laylee. Don't forget about Matthew Taranto, Tadpole Treble either.
It is a bit sparse I suppose, but for what it's worth, the games it does have are some of the most brilliant games of this generation.

I'll vouch for Guacamelee as well. Combat is a ton of fun and only gets better as the game continues, everywhere you go is gorgeous, and the soundtrack is phenomenal. On the subject of indie titles I'll also vouch for the BIT.TRIP series, if you're into rhythm games.

Def. That was a good freebie. Wish there were more good freebies like that.

Shrokatii

Smash Lord
NNID
thtarwarth
3DS FC
2406-5322-4533
I don't have friends :<
me neither, that game solo is still amazing. i actually barely ever played the multiplayer. the ost is some of the best of the series, albeit only remixes of ALTTP music, its still good. i used to always love trying to find out how to kill stationary shadow link, those were good times

Tilk

Smash Ace
NNID
Mrs.Tilk
3DS FC
0104-1633-6707
Still have my four swords anniversary edition.

Aside from that, everytime I want to do casuals it seems like I always get busy within a couple of minutes.

So in fear of karma, I'll ask not to play casuals while also meaning the opposite. Here goes nothing.

"Does anyone NOT want to play casuals?"

Wow I'm weird....

Edit: Well never mind! I just got a call to head to the grocery store for my room mate to make food for tonight. While I want to play, the thought of lasagna for dinner is way too overwhelming.

(WHY DOES THIS HAPPEN TO ME??)

Last edited:

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Aside from that, everytime I want to do casuals it seems like I always get busy within a couple of minutes.
Preach.

Sorry about not getting with you this weekend by the way, I got tapped to chaperone and couldn't get on. Dunno if you actually had availability, just said I would.

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
Still have my four swords anniversary edition.

So in fear of karma, I'll ask not to play casuals while also meaning the opposite. Here goes nothing.

"Does anyone NOT want to play casuals?"

Wow I'm weird....

Edit: Well never mind! I just got a call to head to the grocery store for my room mate to make food for tonight. While I want to play, the thought of lasagna for dinner is way too overwhelming.

(WHY DOES THIS HAPPEN TO ME??)
The universe just doesn't want you to play.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
@ CatRaccoonBL CatRaccoonBL Ty for playing! GG, you're really good. That last SD sucked tho :/
Anything I need to improve on?
Thanks GG. I obviously lost to your Zelda so I can't help you there. As for Shulk I also can't help you since the first time was such a lag fest meaning I only got to see your true shulk once.

Honestly, I just can't figure out Zelda no matter how many times I fight her.

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
Thanks GG. I obviously lost to your Zelda so I can't help you there. As for Shulk I also can't help you since the first time was such a lag fest meaning I only got to see your true shulk once.

Zelda's so awkward a character that I doubt the Zelda mains have figured her out.

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
Last edited:

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
characters whose up/down aerials are functionally similar: :4villager::4shulk::4marth::4lucina::ivysaur:
characters whose forward/backward aerials are functionally similar: :4villager::4zelda::4duckhunt:

we see that villager is the least original character in terms of aerials
Don't make me snipe you with a slingshot <3

Rizen

Smash Legend
It took me a long time to figure out how to fight Zelda. I kept playing her like the Brawl MU at first and getting Farow-ed. Zelda can be deceptively hard to fight at first but gets much easier with practice and MU knowledge. Things like shield farow's when you see Zelda start, DI the elevator, roll forward past phantom, how to time/spacing punishing Nayru's (which has surprising reach), and to respect Zelda's Dair hitbox make the MU manageable.

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
Don't make me snipe you with a slingshot <3
it's ok your grounded moves are all unique <3

Also if you're on 3DS click on the Zelda character portrait. It allows you to see where Zelda will appear a bit before she actually does. Works with Palutena, Mewtwo, Rosalina as well

Last edited:

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Zelda's so awkward a character that I doubt the Zelda mains have figured her out.
I mean yeah thats basically it. I think my biggest problem is I can't figure out how to approach her at all. If I play offensively, I get assaulted by quite a bit of attacks that do lots of damage to both Luma and Rosalina. If I play defensively, the second I instinctually drop my shield is the same second I get lightning kicked or Nayru's love. And even playing defensively means a grab. Not to mention din's fire hitting Luma.

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500

You have to be reaaaaaaaally careful with how you attack her shield cuz if you don't space properly BAM you're dead at 20-60% (rage dependent)

Top Bottom