• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Rizen

Smash Legend
I didn't play video games for a while then I played them too much so I'm giving my thumb a rest today.

Koiba

코이바 ❤
NNID
SprinkledKittens
3DS FC
4055-7129-2437
sooo ive been picking up pikachu again and i remembered how fun he was

halp @redfeatherraven or @ Soul. Soul. or anyone who plays pikachu

all i know is qa, dthrow>uair>uair>nair/bair/fair
Hooray for late replies and school:happysheep:
For:4pikachu: you really want to use d throw to utilt for maximum damage. And then then you use uairs and nairs and all that stuff.

up throw to thunder is harder to avoid at higher percent's and can get a lot of damage.

Forward/down smash and skull bash is kinda meh, only for punishes. Sometimes you can do fair to up smash. QA is life for:4pikachu:.

Heavy skull bash is probably his best custom in my opinion. It's fast which the others kinda lack.

Last edited:

Twili

The Queen
Premium
NNID
dearlyxbeloved
3DS FC
3368-2389-1288
Switch FC
3149 6967 1296
Yooka-Laylee is coming to Wii U. I think I'll actually fund this now. It looks really good, and I haven't even played a Banjo-Kazooie game.
I'm usually wary of new things, but I loved Banjo-Kazooie and was extremely disappointed that it died where and how it did. I love the thought of a new 3D platformer, so I'll probably buy this when it comes out. I mean hey, it'll at least be another game for my Wii U; all I have is Smash and MK8.

SpiralGalaxies

Smash Lord
NNID
SpiralGalaxies
I'll try. I play Bowser too as a safety net, since I've had some more success with him. (And thanks for the matches, I now have another punching bag along with Sheik. : D)
The one thing I noticed about your bowser was that you used Down B a lot. It's a good move but it seemes to be punished easily so maybe try to cut back on it? I'm not sure on the specifics so take this with a grain of salt. Good matches though! <3

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
I'm usually wary of new things, but I loved Banjo-Kazooie and was extremely disappointed that it died where and how it did. I love the thought of a new 3D platformer, so I'll probably buy this when it comes out. I mean hey, it'll at least be another game for my Wii U; all I have is Smash and MK8.
If you fund it now, the console version is only like $23. I think I'm going to save some money and get the console version with physical rewards (like a manual and random stuff like that) because it's a once in a lifetime chance and the game looks fantastic so why not?

As for Wii U games, I have Smash, MK8, Hyrule Warriors, and Mario 3D World. They're all fun, but the Wii U really needs better games. Woolly World and the other games coming out look good, I guess.

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
I keep forgetting about Wooly World and how much I want it.

At least it and Splatoon are the only games I'm really interested in buying so far.

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
What exactly are the differences between Pika's skull bash customs?
Heavy Skull Bash doesn't travel as far but does more knockback and damage iirc

idk what the other one is, it's not useful anyway
I keep forgetting about Wooly World and how much I want it.

At least it and Splatoon are the only games I'm really interested in buying so far.

(DO NOT CLICK ON THIS IMAGE IT IS FAIRLY LARGE AND MAY BREAK YOUR SCREEN)

Last edited:

Soul.

lol splatooon
What exactly are the differences between Pika's skull bash customs?
Heavy Skull Bash: Less distance, more damage near the start
Shocking Skull Bash: Hits multiple times, last hit launches the opponent.

Last edited:

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
Heavy Skull Bash doesn't travel as far but does more knockback and damage iirc

idk what the other one is, it's not useful anyway

(DO NOT CLICK ON THIS IMAGE IT IS FAIRLY LARGE AND MAY BREAK YOUR SCREEN)
Oh yeah I need to get Xenoblade on the New 3DS as well.

Koiba

코이바 ❤
NNID
SprinkledKittens
3DS FC
4055-7129-2437
lol splatooon

Heavy Skull Bash: Less distance, more damage near the start
Shocking Skull Bash: Hits multiple times, last hit launches the opponent.
shocking skull bash has a lot more end lag than the other 2 and chars can fall out leaving just a couple percent on them. The final hit has launching power and can go through enemies. Heavy skull bash is the faster variation and what everyone else said.

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
Wow.
The Character Impressions Thread is turning into a salt lake.
. . .
Although, it probably already has.

Soul.

shocking skull bash has a lot more end lag than the other 2 and chars can fall out leaving just a couple percent on them. The final hit has launching power and can go through enemies. Heavy skull bash is the faster variation and what everyone else said.
lol yeah I guess.
wait what do you mean by faster variation. I think I get it but just making sure

Koiba

코이바 ❤
NNID
SprinkledKittens
3DS FC
4055-7129-2437
lol yeah I guess.
wait what do you mean by faster variation. I think I get it but just making sure
It starts a lot faster than the others but it doesn't go as far. But :4pikachu: is already a boss at recovery with wall jump and QA so it doesn't really matter.

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
Yeah, the Wii U is pretty sparse on good games. I'd probably get more of the Mario platformers except I don't like platformers. Outside of Smash and Mario Kart, the notable games (present and future) seem to be Bayonetta 2, The Wonderful 101, Hyrule Warriors, Splatoon, the Mario platfomers (don't know all of them or all their titles), Xenoblade X, Game & Wario, Pikmin 3, Kirby and the Rainbow Curse, the forthcoming Zelda title, Yoshi's Wooly World, and arguably Captain Toad. That's not a lot. Personally Guacamelee looks pretty fun and I may get it at some point. Other non-first party games that are good are Shovel Knight, Shantae, Rayman Legends, and Yooka-Laylee. Don't forget about Matthew Taranto, Tadpole Treble either.

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
Yeah, the Wii U is pretty sparse on good games. I'd probably get more of the Mario platformers except I don't like platformers. Outside of Smash and Mario Kart, the notable games (present and future) seem to be Bayonetta 2, The Wonderful 101, Hyrule Warriors, Splatoon, the Mario platfomers (don't know all of them or all their titles), Xenoblade X, Game & Wario, Pikmin 3, Kirby and the Rainbow Curse, the forthcoming Zelda title, Yoshi's Wooly World, and arguably Captain Toad. That's not a lot. Personally Guacamelee looks pretty fun and I may get it at some point. Other non-first party games that are good are Shovel Knight, Shantae, Rayman Legends, and Yooka-Laylee. Don't forget about Matthew Taranto, Tadpole Treble either.
Tadpole Treble looks super neat. I backed the BitF kickstarter so I'm getting a copy. :D

Rizen

Smash Legend
Outside of Smash and Mario Kart, the notable games (present and future) seem to be Bayonetta 2, The Wonderful 101, Hyrule Warriors, Splatoon, the Mario platfomers (don't know all of them or all their titles), Xenoblade X, Game & Wario, Pikmin 3, Kirby and the Rainbow Curse, the forthcoming Zelda title, Yoshi's Wooly World, and arguably Captain Toad.
+DKC Tropical Freeze, Monster Hunter 3U, Darksiders II, Arkham City, Wind Waker HD, Zombi U.

Edit Rayman Legends and Shovel Knight are both great platformers.

Last edited:

Jestar

Prinsass of Hyrule
NNID
JML-64
Switch FC
2130-3831-9341
There's also the new Star Fox game coming at some point out even though we STILL haven't seen it and barely know anything about it.

E3 can't come soon enough.

Soul.

Meanwhile the 3DS has a huge library of games and nobody pays attention to it except some.
NX, please be a handheld

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
I've heard Nintendo Land is decent as well.

Rizen

Smash Legend
The E shop has several good games too. I bought Metroid Prime Trilogy, Shantae, LoZ Minish Cap and Shovel Knight and recommend all of them.

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
+DKC Tropical Freeze, Monster Hunter 3U, Darksiders II, Arkham City, Wind Waker HD, Zombi U.

Edit Rayman Legends and Shovel Knight are both great platformers.
I meant to include DKCRTF, whoops. Don't know much about the others except Wind Waker and I didn't include it because it's a remake (unless there are some bonus features I'm unaware of). Are the ones you listed exclusive to Wii U? AFAIK all the ones I have before are except Guacamelee, Yooka-Laylee, and Shovel Knight are (not sure on Rayman Legends).

That said, I only have Smash and MK8. I want to get Splatoon, Hyrule Warriors, the new Zelda, and maybe TW101, Shantae, and Yooka-Laylee.

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
Ok I've finally finished reading everything. How are all the Zelda gorls doing this afternoon? It's raining where I am and it's just gross outside so bleh

Rizen

Smash Legend
I meant to include DKCRTF, whoops. Don't know much about the others except Wind Waker and I didn't include it because it's a remake (unless there are some bonus features I'm unaware of). Are the ones you listed exclusive to Wii U?
DKC Tropical Freeze, Monster Hunter 3U, Wind Waker HD, Zombi U are exclusive. Rayman Legends was supposed to be but ended up on other consoles too.

Jestar

Prinsass of Hyrule
NNID
JML-64
Switch FC
2130-3831-9341
Ok I've finally finished reading everything. How are all the Zelda gorls doing this afternoon? It's raining where I am and it's just gross outside so bleh
That's like the exact opposite of what's happening where I am.

The temperture hit 27 degrees celsius and the sun has been out all day.

Summer came early where I am.

Koiba

코이바 ❤
NNID
SprinkledKittens
3DS FC
4055-7129-2437
That's like the exact opposite of what's happening where I am.

The temperture hit 27 degrees celsius and the sun has been out all day.

Summer came early where I am.
In Canada both of those happened today. It rained and it was steaming.:sadsheep:

Top Bottom