• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

2004Zilla

Smash Master
NNID
2004Zilla
I usually don't like to talk about my personal problems here, but wow, do I feel like ****. My God, this is not how I remember being ill feels like. My body feels like it's just going to shut down. I just want to roll up into a ball and cry.

Jestar

Prinsass of Hyrule
NNID
JML-64
Switch FC
2130-3831-9341
Yea he really did write that (has deleted the tweet but still... LOLOLOLOL)
85 silly... silly people smh
Those 85 people just gave away their affiliation.

Better arrest them before they continue out their fallen leader's "mission"

In all seriousness...

It's good that he deleted the tweet...

Except everyone screen capped it!!!!!

Remember kids: Some opinions are best kept to yourself.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
what's so bad about down smash?
Very unsafe, bad damage, no follow-ups, and poor coverage.

The back hit is good for catching rolls and using D-Smash at the edge of the stage makes it nice for snatching kills, but that's about all it does for Mario. It has it's place but everything else in Mario's moveset does it's job better.

If I had to rank Mario's worst moves it'd be:

1. D-Smash
2. F-air
3. F-tilt

That's the thing, Mario's moveset is so good even his worst move is really good :p
This is true though.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
If I had to rank Mario's worst moves it'd be:

1. D-Smash
2. F-air
3. F-tilt
Is fair really that bad? Even if it's situational it hits a lot harder than his other aerials and dthrow>fair is a thing near the ledge at higher percents

Or I guess what I mean to say is, what does F-tilt offer him that makes it better than F-air?

Soul.

I'm okay with Sonic though. His voice is no longer ****.
When did everyone start complaining about Falcon again tho?

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
I'm okay with Sonic though. His voice is no longer ****.
When did everyone start complaining about Falcon again tho?
After he became more widespread in For Glory than Little Mac

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
I don't think I've actually posted in this thread for almost 50 pages or so. I've just been watching

Some of the posts here...

I mean, they were like, 5+ pages ago. Should I give them spam warnings anyways?

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
Is fair really that bad? Even if it's situational it hits a lot harder than his other aerials and dthrow>fair is a thing near the ledge at higher percents

Or I guess what I mean to say is, what does F-tilt offer him that makes it better than F-air?
F-air is a hard read tool. Good amount of risk for a substantial amount of reward. The reason why it's one of the worst is because it lacks the utility necessary for it to be used on stage. It's unsafe on block (not enough shieldstun or shield push, and laggy as all hell), and it's pretty much the reason why it's recommended for most Marios to keep their back turned and rely on B-air for spacing, which is an issue because if by any point we're hit, we're facing our opponent.

F-tilt is better purely because it's Mario's longest ranged poke and it has more utility. It's only real issue is it's damage. 7% is not a lot for an F-tilt, and it has no follow-ups. Outclassed by N-air, Jab, and D-tilt in that order. However, B-air > F-tilt is a true combo and that's 17.5% damage, and that usage alone puts it over F-air in my eyes.

That said I think every Mario player, especially the pocket Mario players loves F-air. It's the game changer, the all or nothing move, the essence of why you should play Mario.

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
I don't think I've actually posted in this thread for almost 50 pages or so. I've just been watching

Some of the posts here...

I mean, they were like, 5+ pages ago. Should I give them spam warnings anyways?
you're the mod it's your job
I've heard this joke before

no :p
I always enjoy playing against a falcon, no matter who I'm playing

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
F-air is a hard read tool. Good amount of risk for a substantial amount of reward. The reason why it's one of the worst is because it lacks the utility necessary for it to be used on stage. It's unsafe on block (not enough shieldstun or shield push, and laggy as all hell), and it's pretty much the reason why it's recommended for most Marios to keep their back turned and rely on B-air for spacing, which is an issue because if by any point we're hit, we're facing our opponent.

F-tilt is better purely because it's Mario's longest ranged poke and it has more utility. It's only real issue is it's damage. 7% is not a lot for an F-tilt, and it has no follow-ups. Outclassed by N-air, Jab, and D-tilt in that order. However, B-air > F-tilt is a true combo and that's 17.5% damage, and that usage alone puts it over F-air in my eyes.

That said I think every Mario player, especially the pocket Mario players loves F-air. It's the game changer, the all or nothing move, the essence of why you should play Mario.
Perfect bait for a Back Slash :demon:

Shrokatii

Smash Lord
NNID
thtarwarth
3DS FC
2406-5322-4533
I always enjoy playing against a falcon, no matter who I'm playing
I'd like a good explanation on how he is fun to play against. Imo, no freaking character is fun to play against unless you aren't playing seriously. It just doesn't make any sense. Are huge disjoints on a character that's supposed to be rushdown and upclose fun to play against?

Jestar

Prinsass of Hyrule
NNID
JML-64
Switch FC
2130-3831-9341
Thanks for acknowledging me. :)
I was actually gonna say something but I got distracted from that M2K tweet.

Better late than never I suppose.

Get well soon!

Here's something that (hopefully) makes you feel better.

Last edited:
Top Bottom