• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Potpourri

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2921-9942-8562
I've been trying Dr. Mario and I have to say, I really like how he plays. I have never used normal Mario before so I cant make any comparisons between the two (but I'm sure that Mario is better). Does anyone know how to recover with Doc though? Down B doesn't seem to helping....

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
I kinda gave up on the Character Competitive Complaints thread because nothing productive ever comes out of that place. I just go there to see what's their target of the day.

To be really honest I think the high tiers are fine the way they are right now, the only thing the new patches need to do is buff the lower tiers a bit so they stand more of a chance and then things would be just great.

Hell, I'm even fine with Sonic even though he's still no less agravating to play against.

I kinda gave up on the Character Competitive Complaints thread because nothing productive ever comes out of that place. I just go there to see what's their target of the day.

To be really honest I think the high tiers are fine the way they are right now, the only thing the new patches need to do is buff the lower tiers a bit so they stand more of a chance and then things would be just great.

Hell, I'm even fine with Sonic even though he's still no less agravating to play against.
Agreed. They really just need to buff the low tier and mid tier characters then we're golden. I won't disagree though that some characters' move/s need some nerfing/tweaking (Ness' b-throw, Sheik's needles, etc.) but whatever

Trieste SP

Smash Champion

I've been lurking there since the beginning and I have to agree with you.

Jestar

Prinsass of Hyrule
NNID
JML-64
Switch FC
2130-3831-9341
I've been trying Dr. Mario and I have to say, I really like how he plays. I have never used normal Mario before so I cant make any comparisons between the two (but I'm sure that Mario is better). Does anyone know how to recover with Doc though? Down B doesn't seem to helping....
Mario basically trades power for more speed and a better recovery.

Customs help Doc's recovery out a lot.

Soaring Tornado and the up b that goes high (but doesn't do any damage) help him out a lot.

He can also wall jump so there's that option as well.

Down B takes a ton of button mashing to get any height, but soaring tornado can go far even with small amounts.

I recommend using a double jump after using a tornado to get the best boost out of it since the end lag can make him drop too far away from the ledge.

Last edited:

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
I don't main Zelda, but I've heard a lot about this thread, so I thought I would start lurking here. Hello! :bee:

I just clicked aero's link

This thread was locked because of some Rosalina flaming? Mess.
I don't main Zelda, but I've heard a lot about this thread, so I thought I would start lurking here. Hello! :bee:
YO Burgundy

I'm gonna get an earful for this >_>

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
The CCI thread is useless for Smash 4. The game has no depth whatsoever, it's just mindgames into little chip damage, then eventually some smash attack read for a kill. There's nothing to discuss about the game besides character-exclusive tech stuff and how broken some custom moves are.

edit: should correct this, very few characters have depth. Pac-Man, Duck Hunt (sorta) and Shulk would probably fit here. everybody else is no-depth generic button mashing.

Last edited:
Yeah. We got a good number of Monado boyz here

Just make sure you still post at the Colony 6 social. I don't want that place to become inactive all of a sudden because of this thread. Lol :p
The CCI thread is useless for Smash 4. The game has no depth whatsoever, it's just mindgames into little chip damage, then eventually some smash attack read for a kill. There's nothing to discuss about the game besides character-exclusive tech stuff and how broken some custom moves are.
Thank you Levnei~

The game is really accessible for anyone. Easiest Smash game to get used to. It isn't necessarily a bad thing though.

Last edited:

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
Agreed. They really just need to buff the low tier and mid tier characters then we're golden. I won't disagree though that some characters' move/s need some nerfing/tweaking (Ness' b-throw, Sheik's needles, etc.) but whatever
I'm really not expecting them to ever change Ness's B-Throw simply because it always had that kind of kill power since Ness's debut, so I doubt they're going to bother changing it now. Same with Sheik's needles in previous games, they always worked like so I doubt they're going to change how they work much other than maybe adding more end lag or start-up to it, and they kinda tried doing that in 1.0.4 and that didn't amount to much in the end.

warionumbah2

Smash Master

edit: should correct this, very few characters have depth. Pac-Man, Duck Hunt (sorta) and Shulk would probably fit here. everybody else is no-depth generic button mashing.
Silly kirby main.:4metaknight:

ho2kirby:

1. Jump forward

2. Bait

3. If they don't fall for it, go back do 1 and 2 again

4. If they fall for it, b-air

aero did this better tho

Last edited:

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Smash 4 is unfortunately pretty shallow in gameplay. Which is why many people can indeed pick up the game very easily. It's a good thing for the scene to grow, but at the same time, you'll have people who think Din's Fire is OP or that Little Mac loses to Marth 8:2, or that 0:10 MUs exist in the game, which also hampers the growth of the metagame lmao.

warionumbah2

Smash Master
Um. You main a Kirby m8
MK is basically a tiger and kirby is a lion, same family but one is bigger and stronger than the other. Or MK is just an adult version of kirby since hes portrayed as a child. Leaning towards the first option.
ho2mk:

1. stand still while opponents have seizures from your menacing glare

2. dash attack > U-Air x20 > Shuttle Loop

3. repeat if not dead
Ho2kirbeh

1.run around catching people while ducking

2.press loads of buttons in neutral aka spaz out

3.dair into braindead A mash galor

Last edited:

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Lol at dthrow sucking
To be fair, vectoring was a thing.

Actually the more I look at it, the only thing I was really wrong about was grab being faster (Well... it was by a frame...) and like...usmash being more reliable.

2:30am posts suck

good night

Jestar

Prinsass of Hyrule
NNID
JML-64
Switch FC
2130-3831-9341
Welcome! :)

50% of the people here don't main Zelda but still post anyway which is part of the reason this place is so big.
You got a ton of Shulk people, @ FullMoon FullMoon who's the resident :4greninja:here, @ Ffamran Ffamran who rants (rightfully so) about :4falco: all day, @ warionumbah2 warionumbah2 the dark knight :4metaknight:, and @ redfeatherraven redfeatherraven who uses:4pikachu:and likes people's posts so much that he "kills their alert boxes".
Edit: And @Soul. also uses:4pikachu:so there's another one.

Edit 2: @ Antonykun Antonykun is the resident villager here. He likes the rugby shirt one the most if you haven't noticed.

I probably missed a few others but I think you get the point.

Have a nice stay!
Crazy stuff sometimes happens here though...

Last edited:

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Omg you're in Louisville! Help literally no one here plays Smash. x-x
You're asking me for help? Hoo boy.

Well if you feel like driving an hour and change, I can probably hook you up.

and @ redfeatherraven redfeatherraven who uses:4pikachu:and likes people's posts so much that he "kills their alert boxes".
I got a gif in the works for that actually.

Apt description, thank you. I would say let's not forget about the avi shenanigans but there haven't been any lately.

@ Jestar Jestar Don't forget about @Soul. :4pikachu:
Also this. Soul's legit.

Last edited:

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
ho2kirby:

1. Jump forward

2. Bait

3. If they don't fall for it, go back do 1 and 2 again

4. If they fall for it, b-air

aero did this better tho
Ho2kirbeh

1.run around catching people while ducking

2.press loads of buttons in neutral aka spaz out

3.dair into braindead A mash galor
wat

ho2kirby:

1. hup cancel to annoy opponent
2. crouch walk everywhere
3. kirby dance
4. spam dair
5. u-tilt x20 > u-air > upper cutter

Wow. Decisive arts is basically easy-mode/shulk-is-too-hard-for-me mode. Speed all day. Disrespect yo. Winning with decisive speed shows that you totally have a fantastic understanding of Shulk. Indeed. Mmm.

How to decisive Shulk

1) Switch to speed art

2) Run out of speed? Wait out the REALLY SHORT cooldown (4 seconds iirc or someting)

3) Go speed again

4) Do 1,2, and 3 again and again

Top Bottom