• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
I hate that Falco's upB can kill Luma when I put it offstage to edgeguard. Hopefully that dumb bird gets nerfed in 1.0.8!

Huh? I mean huh?
Especially duck hunt. "stupid camping positions." I don't see people camp on that stage.
It's kind of a MU dependent thing, but the tree platforms are so high off the ground that it can be hard to safely do anything about someone camping them. In the extreme cases of Mac and Ganondorf, they can't even get on the tree without double jump + upB iirc.

I don't think the tree is imbalanced by any stretch of the imagination, but camping it is possible and I've seen it done in a few tournament sets.

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
I'm sure it's a :079: moment but gengar is gonna be in pokken
shadow ball.jpg
The only problem I have with Sm4sh's stages is that they brought 75m back.

Just... why??
because sakurai hates you, duh (actually it was probably 0 work on the developers part to turn it into "HD")

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
The matches we had confirmed to me that Zelda's custom specials have made some of the worst moves in the game even worse.

Soul.

Wii U is literally 3DS on HD lol. GCN controller changes nothing.

When someone talks about the 3DS version the rest is like:
1. I don't care about it
2. I have a home console bias
3. "I hate 3DS", which leads to:
- Johns
- More hate
- "Casualized" argument
- It shouldn't have existed

Why can't both games' communities get together.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
To be fair. Due to how Big stages work in smash 4, you pretty much never have to play on stages like both the temples and 75M.

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
Smashville + Town and City is pretty much Final Destination with some random platforms, and has super bland aesthetics.
i see someone doesn't like having the AC characters watching on ok.
I mean if we are going to play "that game" though with competitive stages Yoshi's Island + Fountain of Dreams + Dreamland 64 are literally battlefield knockoffs with an extra gimmick added and the other not ballefield/ripoff that are still legal is FD and pkmn stadium :/

「 Derk 」

4th times the charm...
NNID
D3RK-SSB4
Switch FC
SW-6389-5985-3965
Would anyone mind doing me and Aero a favor?

We had a very...interesting match where we spammed Nayru's Passion and tried to be as sassy as possible. :^) Would anyone mind uploading it to Youtube if I sent it to them on their Wii U?
Sure, send me a friend request and the video.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I hate that Falco's upB can kill Luma when I put it offstage to edgeguard. Hopefully that dumb bird gets nerfed in 1.0.8!
The moment Falco's Fire Bird kills anything is the moment you walk up to the player and uppercut him. There is no reason why that pitiful move should kill or gimp anything, instead it should be the opposite. Fire Bird should have been removed from the game and Falco's kit entirely. No Up Special for you, "ace pilot".

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
So is 1.0.8 been announced or something or are people just tossing that around?
It hasn't been announced. Some people seem to be assuming there'll need to be another patch to make Mewtwo available to the general public, but as far as I understand, that's an eShop thing, not a Smash update.

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Seems like I missed the Zelda social tournament matches today. Was out the whole day at a local tourney, and I didn't have any WIFI so-- ; w ;

But out of about 50+ entrants, I got 9th place with our queen :4zelda:, so I'm pretty happy about that~. No streamed matches, but the bracket is below. Hope I made all you gorls proud~ :happysheep:

http://expbar.challonge.com/SmashBrosAprilArmageddon

Tournament Log:

Pools
vs :4link: 2-0 W (Tech'd an attempted stage spike and he went too deep and couldn't recover gg)
vs :4falcon:1-2 L (I beat in pools last tourney, but he sent me to loser's this time around)
vs:4sheik:/:4bowser: 2-0 W
vs:4ness:2-0 W (First match I beat him in under 30 seconds lol)
vs:4falcon:2-1 W (Same Falcon guy, ended up taking the last stock with dem ELEVATOR ledge roll read whoo~)

Took second in my pool~

Tournament
(The rules were weird in that because I lost once in pools, I'm immediately sent to loser's bracket for Top 16 wtf)
vs :4tlink:/:4myfriends:2-0W (IT'S THAT SAME IKE/SHULK GUY I ALWAYS KEEP EXPOSING. I won again :^) )
vs :4mewtwo:0-2 L (SAME MEWTWO GUY I LOST IN THE ONLINE TOURNEY LMAO)

Highlight of the tourney was this Ness guy who got second in his first official Smash tourney. He had a match against a Villager where he reflected the Lloid Rocket with the bat while the guy was riding on it and killed him smh :^)

Soul.

lmao I go to the Pika social and I find someone complaining at how the thread works.
"I hate how this is both a social/qa thread. make a separate qa thread!!! its common sense!"

Last edited:

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Oh yeah, one more thing.

"Yo who's that Philip guy who's wrecking everyone with Zelda?"

I think my mission has been accomplished.

Bottom tier intimidation propaganda whoop whoop~

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
So... apparently it's possible for Rosalina and Luma to get desynced and perform two different moves at the same time?

It looks like Rosalina was doing utilt, was hit by the fireball, Luma's utilt came out, and Rosalina used fsmash. I doubt this is going to be useful in an actual match, but when I was watching the video this gif is from it really caught my eye

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
So... apparently it's possible for Rosalina and Luma to get desynced and perform two different moves at the same time?

It looks like Rosalina was doing utilt, was hit by the fireball, Luma's utilt came out, and Rosalina used fsmash. I doubt this is going to be useful in an actual match, but when I was watching the video this gif is from it really caught my eye
It's "useful" with Luma's jab

by which I mean "it's a silly gimmick that can catch people off-guard when they don't know about it"

also basically my favorite gimmick ever though because the results are usually amusing

D

Deleted member

I wonder what it would be like if every single one of us were mods for a day...

:happysheep:RED TYRANT PARTYYYY!~:happysheep:

Top Bottom