• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
Oh my hex @ Macchiato Macchiato plz get a grip on the double posts. It appears it happens most when you want to respond to something just after posting. To prevent this you can click 'reply' on whatever you wanted to respond to next, and then select>copy/cut that quote box and paste it + write your response in your first response post.
But then they won't get the notification that I quoted them if I edit. Oh I'm so conflicted

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
The more I play Smash 4 on Wii U the more I realize how ****ty the stage list it. 3DS and every game before it has such good stage picks, whether competitive or not, then you have the Wii U version. This has always irked me but now it's getting to the point where I don't want to pick a stage because they're all so dumb.

help me

WHY DO THEY SUCK SO ****ING MUCH?

Jaguar360

Smash Lord
NNID
Jaguar360
3DS FC
0516-7348-2137
This is the part where I complain about music I wish was in sm4sh

Battle theme - Golden Sun
Galaxy Man - Mega Man 9 (and more but idk drawing blanks)
Gooper Blooper Medley - Paper Mario Sticker Star
Eclipse of the Sun - Hyrule Warriors (AND BASICALLY EVERY OTHER SONG FROM THIS GAME SAKURAI PLS)
Pokemon stuff (too lazy to get music links for everything): Gen 2 Lance/Red theme, Gen 3 Elite 4, X/Y Lysandre theme, X/Y Elite 4
Dang, all of these are really good! I need to listen to vgm from more series and actually play all of these games too!

Pokemon music I wish was in Smash
Battle! vs Rival Brendan/May - Pokemon OR/AS
Hoenn Champion Battle Music - Pokemon BW2
Battle! Suicune - Pokemon HGSS
Battle! Ho-oh - Pokemon HGSS
Victory Road - Pokemon BW
Decisive Battle! N - Pokemon BW
Battle! (Azelf/Mespirit/Uxie) - Pokemon DPPt

Smash Wii U has a really good Pokemon music selection though. I want a Wii U :(

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
@ Macchiato Macchiato well it's either between that or IsmaR will steal your soul when I'm not looking. Weigh the options... :secretkpop:

Edit : Also, your response posts (Even in this fast moving thread.) are still pretty recent for anyone here, so they'll likely see it anyways.

Last edited:

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
But then they won't get the notification that I quoted them if I edit. Oh I'm so conflicted
Hit reply on everything you want to reply to

wait for the draft to save before moving on

or just copy paste that into the bottom box next page

TADA

Soul.

The more I play Smash 4 on Wii U the more I realize how ****ty the stage list it. 3DS and every game before it has such good stage picks, whether competitive or not, then you have the Wii U version. This has always irked me but now it's getting to the point where I don't want to pick a stage because they're all so dumb.

help me

i have the same problem tbh
how dumb are they, exactly? After a while Smashville/Battlefield gets stale af

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767

help me

...Huh?The 3ds stage list is awful if anything. The wii u version is amazing.

The 3ds has Battlefield, FD, Prism tower, Reset Bomb Forest, Tomadachi life, Yoshi island, and Arena Ferox, Gaur Plains. Thats it and not even to some people.

The wii u version has BF, FD, Smashville, T&C, Wuhu, Skyloft, Halberd, Better Gaur Plains, Kalos, Mario Circuit (8), Garden of Hope, Pilotwings (when no one camps), Delfino Plaza, Kongo Jungle 64, Mario Galaxy, and Duck Hunt. I might even be forgetting a few.

Last edited:

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646

help me

what

3DS has literally 5 stages

Wii U has like 10 starter stages

EDIT:
wait did not see "whether competitive or not"

either way Wii U has superior music

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Dang, all of these are really good! I need to listen to vgm from more series and actually play all of these games too!

Pokemon music I wish was in Smash
Battle! vs Rival Brendan/May - Pokemon OR/AS
Hoenn Champion Battle Music - Pokemon BW2
Battle! Suicune - Pokemon HGSS
Battle! Ho-oh - Pokemon HGSS
Victory Road - Pokemon BW
Decisive Battle! N - Pokemon BW
Battle! (Azelf/Mespirit/Uxie) - Pokemon DPPt

Smash Wii U has a really good Pokemon music selection though. I want a Wii U :(
I didn't mention ORAS since it came out at the same time as Smash Wii U and I figured Sakurai would avoid music spoilers for it, otherwise I would've tossed in Zinnia's theme

Pokemon has a lot of good music

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
I actually really hate the stage selection in the 3DS version. The only stage there that even remotely interests me is Prism Tower.
I can definitely agree to this

Prism Tower is cool, Arena Ferox is fun. Gaur Plain is Xenoblade with the best music around. everything else is kind of trash

especially Tomodachi Life

screw Tomodachi Life

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
3DS stage selection is total ass

The only thing I appreciate about it is the omega versions of Magicant, Arena Ferox, Wily's Castle, and Gaur Plains for music counterpicks; and Yoshi's Island.

I'm always like "I should play on more platform stages" but then I look at the 3DS stage list and realize everything sucks

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
...Huh?The 3ds stage list is awful if anything. The wii u version is amazing.

The 3ds has Battlefield, FD, Prism tower, Reset Bomb Forest, Tomadachi life, Yoshi island, and Arena Ferox, Gaur Plains. Thats it and not even to some people.

The wii u version has BF, FD, Smashville, T&C, Wuhu, Skyloft, Halberd, Better Gaur Plains, Kalos, Mario Circuit (8), Garden of Hope, Pilotwings (when no one camps), Delfino Plaza, Kongo Jungle 64, Mario Galaxy, and Duck Hunt. I might even be forgetting a few.
what

3DS has literally 5 stages

Wii U has like 10 starter stages

EDIT:
wait did not see "whether competitive or not"

either way Wii U has superior music
Even when you're talking about competitive stages, the ones on the Wii U are pretty stupid. They're all similar to one another and offer no variety, it ends up getting stupid after a while. All the stages that are legal on the 3DS are different from each other. Smashville + Town and City is pretty much Final Destination with some random platforms, and has super bland aesthetics. Wuhu Island has one of the ****tiest layouts of any Smash stage ever, even when playing casually. Skyloft's layout is pretty bland with no diversity for a moving stage, and most of the ones are intrusive and stupid. Halberd is Halberd, sit on curved Final Destination all day then deal with dumb hazards. Pilotwings is super lol and campy, Delfino Plaza is a returning stage although it is alright, water is annoying, Kongo Jungle 64 is way too big, Duck Hunt is walled Final Destination with horrible aesthetics and stupid camping positions.

Same could probably be said for the 3DS but at least those stages look good. They have much better layouts for fighting, too.

Mario Circuit 8 is amazing though.

but these are just opinions. maybe I've been playing too much or something. aesthetics for wii u stages are just overall ****ty tbh

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
3DS stage selection is total ***

The only thing I appreciate about it is the omega versions of Magicant, Arena Ferox, Wily's Castle, and Gaur Plains for music counterpicks; and Yoshi's Island.

I'm always like "I should play on more platform stages" but then I look at the 3DS stage list and realize everything sucks
I actually forgot Magicant was a thing

3DS stages suck
Even when you're talking about competitive stages, the ones on the Wii U are pretty stupid. They're all similar to one another and offer no variety, it ends up getting stupid after a while. All the stages that are legal on the 3DS are different from each other. Smashville + Town and City is pretty much Final Destination with some random platforms, and has super bland aesthetics. Wuhu Island has one of the ****tiest layouts of any Smash stage ever, even when playing casually. Skyloft's layout is pretty bland with no diversity for a moving stage, and most of the ones are intrusive and stupid. Halberd is Halberd, sit on curved Final Destination all day then deal with dumb hazards. Pilotwings is super lol and campy, Delfino Plaza is a returning stage although it is alright, water is annoying, Kongo Jungle 64 is way too big, Duck Hunt is walled Final Destination with horrible aesthetics and stupid camping positions.

Same could probably be said for the 3DS but at least those stages look good. They have much better layouts for fighting, too.

but these are just opinions. maybe I've been playing too much or something. aesthetics for wii u stages are just overall ****ty tbh
I definitely see where you're coming from. Too many flat stages smh you guys need some Yoshi's Island

I like Duck Hunt though, it has Famicom Medley and Murasame Castle

Last edited:

「 Derk 」

4th times the charm...
NNID
D3RK-SSB4
Switch FC
SW-6389-5985-3965

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
Wii U has Kalos Pokémon League so that already makes the Wii U have the best stage selection to me.

I also like Wooly World, Mario Circuit 8, Town and City, Wuhu, Skyloft and when it comes to Omega stages I like Palutena's Temple, Windy Hill and Wily's Castle.

Pretty much the only stages that really annoy me in the Wii U version are 75mm and Pokémon Stadium 2.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
oh oh oh

and for Sonic they should've taken songs from Sonic the Fighters, because that game had a legit OST

would pick whatever stage had this all day long tbh

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
I'm gonna make a collection of infractions.

It will be like hunting trophies.

I don't like most of the Wii U stages either. I feel Brawl had much better, diverse and fun stages in general :(

Still wouldn't go back to Brawl, though. Such a bad game.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I hate that Rosalina can setup Luma under the ledge and jab continuously to edgeguard. You can't get to the ledge, you can't land unless there's a platform away from the stage and if you do land, she can just stop and hit you. What the hell, man?!

SpiralGalaxies

Smash Lord
NNID
SpiralGalaxies
Is this how playing Zelda feels like?

EDIT: someone should paste Zelda's head onto this, I feel it would fit.

Last edited:

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
...Nah. Let's look at the stage. Golden plains? Has a weird gimmick. Rainbow road, overpowered hazards. Paper mario bad layouts overpowered hazards. Unova league overpowered hazards. 3d land scrolling stage. Mushroomy kingdom scrolly stage. Jungle japes ew. Corneria bleh. Distant planet...alright. Pac maze, weird points gimmick, Wily caslte, lol Yellow devil. Find mii...it's ok, but the boss ruins it a bit. Magicant ew flying man but either wise ok. Dream land bad layouts scrolling stage. Flat zone 2 is baaaaaaaaad. Boxing ring is eh, (but it is is on both versions). Balloon fight is also bad.

Scrolling stages don't lend itself to fighting at all. I have no idea what you are talking about. :/

Also the stages look ugly because 3ds.
Huh? I mean huh?
Especially duck hunt. "stupid camping positions." I don't see people camp on that stage. Also wuhu island having a bad layout. Play on it enough times, and you will realize it has the most balanced, most fun and creative layouts ever. Even outside competitive it is fun to play. AND awesome music. I don't see Kongo jungle 64 bigness mattering that much. Skyloft isn't bland.

Last edited:

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
Would anyone mind doing me and Aero a favor?

We had a very...interesting match where we spammed Nayru's Passion and tried to be as sassy as possible. :^) Would anyone mind uploading it to Youtube if I sent it to them on their Wii U?

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Would anyone mind doing me and Aero a favor?

We had a very...interesting match where we spammed Nayru's Passion and tried to be as sassy as possible. :^) Would anyone mind uploading it to Youtube if I sent it to them on their Wii U?
@ 「 Derk 」 「 Derk 」 @ FullMoon FullMoon

pls the world needs to see this

Last edited:
Top Bottom