• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
im from australia and was forced to play so im just going to spam dtilt and jab and be the wall zelda wishes she could be offline

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
When said "Jank" actively gets in the way of the battle through stage hazards (PS2, Halberd, Skyloft, Wuhu though the latter two are less obnoxious), transformations that promotes camping (Delfino, PW, Skyloft) or walk-offs (Skyloft, Delfino, Wuhu, Skyloft, Castle Siege, WFS) in which players can abuse to create a stalemate, then yes they should be banned.

I would've put Lylat here if it wasn't fixed from the whole free-fall bug thing it sometimes had when the stage tilted because that would unfairly ruin someone's momentum.
"Actively get in the way of battle" doesn't matter when they are predictable. It isn't getting in the way, it is using to your advantage. And 1 second distractions doesn't hurt anyone. At all. Like I have no idea how you can consider these obnoxious. 1 second out a 5 minute or 8 minute match. Even if you say something like "it happens repeatedly," ok. 5 seconds out of an entire match.

Camping is an ugly word when used towards anything that isn't permanent or able to be done to such an extent it is almost impossible to hit your opponent. The correct word to use here is "defensive." A layout that promotes defensive play isn't bad. Especially since people are still going to get hit most likely. This game is already defensive, so if defensive playstyles bother then I'm sorry, this isn't the game for you.

Last up and the most important one because people get this wrong all the time:
The idea that all walk-offs are of equal toxicity. They are not.

In fact, temporary walk offs are pretty tame. Here's the thing, when I made my comment on how walk-offs are bad was because the person performing the walk-off camp get the advantage.

That doesn't apply to temporary walk-off because of one simple reason. The stage comes back. And when the stage comes back, where is the person who is performin the walk-off camp? Off the stage. And what does that mean he is now in? A disadvantage situation.

In this situation, there is no advantage to walk-off camping because no is stupid enough to rush towards there when they can just wait 11 seconds and get their free damage/kill. And before you say, "Well they can walk back to the stage before it comes back." Why would the opposing player let them do that? If the camper gets hit, he is right back off the stage. There is literally no point in camping on temp walkoffs.

On non-permanent walk-off stages, the advantage is at the center of the stage. So no pro player would give that up to perform a stupid gimmick no one will fall for and also will bite them in the butt.

So no. None of it should be banned. All of these stages are fair, and any problem you see with them either isn't that big of deal or don't actually happen in a serious match.

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
"Actively get in the way of battle" doesn't matter when they are predictable. It isn't getting in the way, it is using to your advantage. And 1 second distractions doesn't hurt anyone. At all. Like I have no idea how you can consider these obnoxious. 1 second out a 5 minute or 8 minute match. Even if you say something like "it happens repeatedly," ok. 5 seconds out of an entire match.

Camping is an ugly word when used towards anything that isn't permanent or able to be done to such an extent it is almost impossible to hit your opponent. The correct word to use here is "defensive." A layout that promotes defensive play isn't bad. Especially since people are still going to get hit most likely. This game is already defensive, so if defensive playstyles bother then I'm sorry, this isn't the game for you.

Last up and the most important one because people get this wrong all the time:
The idea that all walk-offs are of equal toxicity. They are not.

In fact, temporary walk offs are pretty tame. Here's the thing, when I made my comment on how walk-offs are bad was because the person performing the walk-off camp get the advantage.

That doesn't apply to temporary walk-off because of one simple reason. The stage comes back. And when the stage comes back, where is the person who is performin the walk-off camp? Off the stage. And what does that mean he is now in? A disadvantage situation.

In this situation, there is no advantage to walk-off camping because no is stupid enough to rush towards there when they can just wait 11 seconds and get their free damage/kill. And before you say, "Well they can walk back to the stage before it comes back." Why would the opposing player let them do that? If the camper gets hit, he is right back off the stage. There is literally no point in camping on temp walkoffs.

On non-permanent walk-off stages, the advantage is at the center of the stage. So no pro player would give that up to perform a stupid gimmick no one will fall for and also will bite them in the butt.

So no. None of it should be banned. All of these stages are fair, and any problem you see with them either isn't that big of deal or don't actually happen in a serious match.
I disagree with you and I'm a silly person so you know what comes next.

:4darkpit:

Jaguar360

Smash Lord
NNID
Jaguar360
3DS FC
0516-7348-2137
you find smash 4 zelda fun? smh.
Just because she's lesser compared to much of the cast doesn't mean she's not fun to play :'(

She wouldn't be my second-most used character if she wasn't.

Or I'd be a masochist.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
stages?

three stage starters

Battlefield/Starterville/Final Destination

Counterpicks:

Delphino/T&C/Halberd/Duck Hunt/lylat

every other stage is rubbish

Last edited:

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
...Huh?

Gusty Garden, In the Final, Comet Observatory, Galaxy 2 final boss, 3d World final boss, Championship road, both Galaxy 1 & 2, main themes, and Bowser's Galaxy Generator are all chopped liver or something? I mean, some of those songs are even widely regarded as the best video game music of all time. 0_0
I don't have a whole lot of personal connection with any of these songs.

A lot of what I look for in VGM is if it reminds me of prior experiences. Xenoblade is my favorite game so of course I would like it. Uprising was stellar, so that gets included, and I played basically every Pokemon game up to 5th gen all the way through and have Y (have not beaten though)

I've beaten Galaxy, and played a little of Galaxy 2, but have no experience with 3D World. Also, I don't feel like a lot of those songs work well as fight music
I disagree with you and I'm a silly person so you know what comes next.

:4darkpit:
wait there was someone you hadn't placed in Dark Pit tier yet

go figure

Last edited:

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
I don't have a whole lot of personal connection with any of these songs.

A lot of what I look for in VGM is if it reminds me of prior experiences. Xenoblade is my favorite game so of course I would like it. Uprising was stellar, so that gets included, and I played basically every Pokemon game up to 5th gen all the way through and have Y (have not beaten though)

I've beaten Galaxy, and played a little of Galaxy 2, but have no experience with 3D World. Also, I don't feel like a lot of those songs work well as fight music

wait there was someone you hadn't placed in Dark Pit tier yet

go figure
I guess I can see what you mean. At the same time, good music is good music to me. I have no connection with Style Savvy, but that remix always makes me excited.

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
I guess I can see what you mean. At the same time, good music is good music to me. I have no connection with Style Savvy, but that remix always makes me excited.
If a piece of music is outstanding, I'll love it (see The valedictory elegy). I didn't have the time to listen through all of the Galaxy songs, so I just turned Rosalina in the Observatory on full, Gusty Garden and Egg Planet on medium, and everything else is hovering around 1/4.

I should check them out though. Maybe if I have time...

Smash why do you have so much music ;-;

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Also, Lucario's wall cling/jump can be used over and over again until the time stops. Cool ****, but stuff I didn't know, so on Duck Hunt I got caught off guard.

BAir so good. Lucario just has to stay grounded (which usually means more pellets). And his ASC momentum **** stuff is really annoying to get a BAir in.

He loses to pellets until he gets in high aura. He still kinda loses to pellets, but he doesn't really care... and aura spheres are scary for both because of skull barrier in customs meta. Iunno. It's probably even, because it's not like Lucario's moves are super easy to land.
lol, I commented on his wall cling being absurd in here before v: Greninja loses height as he repeatedly wall jumps; Lucario can recover from the bottom of the magnifying glass on walled stages just by wall jumping repeatedly. iirc there is some weird cling limit or something though as I'd eventually have him fall off the wall if I tried to stall like that indefinitely.

I can see even, in hindsight my comments on the MU would kind of make it like Luc v Sheik where Luke just gets crapped on in neutral but has the potential to make a comeback fast if his opponent slips up.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
April 28, v1.0.8
:roypm:
- Announced
I hate his voice so much in Melee and PM. HAW, HAW, HEEE-YAH, SHAAA, TORIYAH! Seriously, what the hell were they thinking when they gave him that voice?! Oh, right, they weren't because Villager's "voice" was removed, Zelda's design is FUBAR'd, and Mewtwo sounds like a generic villain and his spoken lines are still removed. At least get someone else to do the lines... I mean, what is this? Hollywood acting where you need to hire Christopher Lee? Get freaking Steve Blum to do it or Nolan North.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
If a piece of music is outstanding, I'll love it (see The valedictory elegy). I didn't have the time to listen through all of the Galaxy songs, so I just turned Rosalina in the Observatory on full, Gusty Garden and Egg Planet on medium, and everything else is hovering around 1/4.

I should check them out though. Maybe if I have time...

Smash why do you have so much music ;-;
I always take the time to listen to each piece of music. Music is one of my most beloved parts of gaming so I'm always on the look out for good tracks.

And yeah, it does have a lot of music...yet...it manages to disappoint me.

*Looks at Kirby and Pikmin selection*

Koiba

코이바 ❤
NNID
SprinkledKittens
3DS FC
4055-7129-2437
I hate his voice so much in Melee and PM. HAW, HAW, HEEE-YAH, SHAAA, TORIYAH! Seriously, what the hell were they thinking when they gave him that voice?! Oh, right, they weren't because Villager's "voice" was removed, Zelda's design is FUBAR'd, and Mewtwo sounds like a generic villain and his spoken lines are still removed. At least get someone else to do the lines... I mean, what is this? Hollywood acting where you need to hire Christopher Lee? Get freaking Steve Blum to do it or Nolan North.
Kirby's voice in smash 4 is so bad I hate it and the only reason I don't like facing kirby. Diddy, pika, ness and fox are annoying too

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Kirby's voice in smash 4 is so bad I hate it and the only reason I don't like facing kirby. Diddy, pika, ness and fox are annoying too
Isn't Kirby's basically an updated version? In other words, it's the same voice actor/actress. Bowser, DK, and Diddy's are just bad too since their current voices in their games are goofy and fun while here, you have a Godzilla reject, a generic gorilla, and a generic, wannabe Bruce Lee monkey.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Oh, right, they weren't because Villager's "voice" was removed
...Huh? Villager never had a voice. And even if he/she did it wouldn't make any sense whatsoever. Am I understanding this conversation correctly?

Last edited:

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
I always take the time to listen to each piece of music. Music is one of my most beloved parts of gaming so I'm always on the look out for good tracks.

Environmental Noises though

best track

Koiba

코이바 ❤
NNID
SprinkledKittens
3DS FC
4055-7129-2437
Isn't Kirby's basically an updated version? In other words, it's the same voice actor/actress. Bowser, DK, and Diddy's are just bad too since their current voices in their games are goofy and fun while here, you have a Godzilla reject, a generic gorilla, and a generic, wannabe Bruce Lee monkey.
Wait it's still the same voice actor? *googles it* Oh, it is.. why does it sound more annoying then? :/

Koiba

코이바 ❤
NNID
SprinkledKittens
3DS FC
4055-7129-2437

I don't think the kirby selection isn't that bad...:sadsheep:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
...Huh? Villager never had a voice. And even if he/she did it wouldn't make any sense whatsoever. Am I understanding this conversation correctly?
Villager had voice clips during the early builds of the game, so grunts and stuff like what Mario, Luigi, and infamously, Link do.

On another note, Fox's voice would be fine if he didn't speak (or redone...). It's like a higher pitched version of Jim Walker's Fox in Brawl, but the spoken lines are way different and way more annoying than in Star Fox 64 (3D) where Mike West's Fox sounded fine and Mark Lund's Falco was sassy, classic Falco, but in SSB4, West sounds grating and Lund sounds bored as hell. I'd take bored as hell over grating.

Wait it's still the same voice actor? *googles it* Oh, it is.. why does it sound more annoying then? :/
Same with Mike West sounding fine in Star Fox 64 or how Lund's Falco had attitude and didn't sound like Kevin Miller for one of his line; his Final Smash line, "Personally, I prefer the air", sounds like Sly Cooper. First time I heard it, I was confused and sort of excited that Falco would sound be voiced by Miller. Sly is witty, charming, and fun which could make for a more playful and less grumpy bird Falco.

For Kirby, I don't really care since it sounds like Kirby.

Last edited:

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
@ kenniky kenniky

Mario Galaxy stage music:

Best ones are Rosalina in the Observatory, Super Mario Galaxy, Gusty Garden, Theme of SMG2, Bowser's Galaxy Generator, Fated Battle, Sky Station Galaxy, Champion Road, The Grand Finale

Set all these to max except gusty, theme of smg2, skystation and fated battle, set these to half

congrats, welcome to the best music selection ever

also who said kirby music is bad? it's literally the only redeeming feature of the series
earphone users beware

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
I don't think the kirby selection isn't that bad...:sadsheep:
It isn't bad per say, but it is the hugest disappointment to me in all of smash.

There was a single remix of a modern Kirby song anyway. Heck, the modern kirby songs that were included were average grass themes.

I could make a list of 50 modern Kirby songs that should've been included in this game. Highlights include mask dedede, Crowned, Moonstruck blossom, revenge of the enemy, The greatest warrior in the galaxy, another dimension, Sky Tower, Piggy Enemy and the list goes on.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
It isn't bad per say, but it is the hugest disappointment to me in all of smash.

There was a single remix of a modern Kirby song anyway. Heck, the modern kirby songs that were included were average grass themes.

I could make a list of 50 modern Kirby songs that should've been included in this game. Highlights include mask dedede, Crowned, Moonstruck blossom, revenge of the enemy, The greatest warrior in the galaxy, another dimension, Sky Tower, Piggy Enemy and the list goes on.
idk since i dont play kirby but dedede's theme and gourmet race are MASTERPIECES and almost all you ever need

OMG

WE SHOULD HAVE A STAGE MUSIC TIER LIST

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
@ kenniky kenniky

Mario Galaxy stage music:

Best ones are Rosalina in the Observatory, Super Mario Galaxy, Gusty Garden, Theme of SMG2, Bowser's Galaxy Generator, Fated Battle, Sky Station Galaxy, Champion Road, The Grand Finale

Set all these to max except gusty, theme of smg2, skystation and fated battle, set these to half

congrats, welcome to the best music selection ever

also who said kirby music is bad? it's literally the only redeeming feature of the series

earphone users beware
I really wanted to like this post. But then you just had to add this:
@ kenniky kenniky
it's literally the only redeeming feature of the series
Why must you hurt me in this way? :sadsheep:

Villager had voice clips during the early builds of the game, so grunts and stuff like what Mario, Luigi, and infamously, Link do.
Still wouldn't have liked it since it doesn't make sense. Also, I don't remember that all. Like, I saw gameplay videos when following this game and I never heard once the villagers make sounds.

idk since i dont play kirby but dedede's theme and gourmet race are MASTERPIECES and almost all you ever need

OMG

WE SHOULD HAVE A STAGE MUSIC TIER LIST
Just like how Fountain of Dreams is the much better version of Gourmet Race, masked dedede is 10x better then King Dedede's theme.

And where would we even start with 50+ Stages?

Top Bottom