• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
That little engine thing on pilot wings is really that bad? I didn't think camping on it would be that big of a deal. I've never played an actual human on that stage so...

Also lol my phone just autocorrected "stage" to "satyagraha."

Soul.

Not being bias but Helberd is the best stage in the game. :4metaknight:

I've noticed everytime Macchitoto jumps to a new main, 3 new Falcon players are born.

I'm ****ing sick of Falcon, boring as hell its like LM in the 3ds days. What happened to this community? This virus needs to stop there's nothing cool about a hotblooded 39 year old man wearing a helmet.

Wanna know the worst part? THEY ALL PLAY THE SAME! ****ing cancer, CF aka Complete ******.
it is the tryhard nature of scrubs that makes them want to use Falcon

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
Yes. This man gets it.

No. This man doesn't get it anymore.
Zelda's should be SS tier. I'm not sure how you're judging these but several things look really out of place:
Like having Mario/DR.Mario/Little Mac so high, I'm guessing it's factoring in KO potential. Diddy/Kirby/Fox below Link/TL. Robin tied with Wario. Ike and Ganon so high (Link's upB is better than Ganon's). And some other more minor things.
/imo
yey explanation time

Up B's were ranked on recovery, safety, combo ability, kill potential, get-out-quick potential, and OoS viability

Little Mac's Up B is bad at recovery but has great kill potential and is really good OoS
Mario and Doc also are great OoS options

Diddy's and Fox's are easily gimpable, it's a tradeoff for their strength in neutral
Link/TL is useful OoS
Robin is bad OoS and not a particularly great recovery given lack of useful hitboxes

Ike's is pretty good? tbh idk I like it, probably overrated it though

I might have given too much credit to command grabs
Sheik's UpB is really really good and probably better than Zelda's. It kills early, has a million set-ups, great hitbox, a wind and reappearance hitbox (WHY?!) and no lag if you Up B diagonally (LIKE WHYYYY AS IF SHE WASNT GOOD ENOUGH ALREADY). Even if you do lag, the lag is pretty small so it's very safe. Ugh.

Also, why is Falcon so high?? His Up B is awful.
They are ranked independent of the character. Also I don't see a whole ton of Vanish kills (although to be fair I haven't seen any post 1.0.6 videos)

I have tendency to overrate command grabs but Falcon's/Ganon's has stupid range and stupid ledge snapping
and it's useful against gimps
WII FIT HAS A GREAT RECOVERY IT GOES VERY HIGH WHEN YOU MASH IT AND IT STAGE SPIKES AND IT GOES HIGHER THAN MOST OF THE CAST FYRYRHF WHAT
ok

to be fair I have not used Wii Fit in maybe 3 months

so I forget everything
so I am going to test

EDIT: wow that's stupid

Up B tier list revision 1 coming up soon

Wii Fit has some really nice aerials 0.o

Like fair is kind of trash but nair and bair 0.0

Also I might secondary Duck Hunt

Last edited:

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
Up B tier list:
SSS: Quick Attack
imo Fire > Quick Attack:4gaw:

because it comes out like frame -2, is a good recovery, and can gimp people super hard

Quick Attack is definitely #2 though

S TIER - REALLY GOOD
:4gaw::4pikachu::4pacman::4greninja::4metaknight::4zelda:
A+ TIER - VERY GOOD
:4sonic::4charizard::4villager:
A TIER - SPIN2WIN
:4dk::4miibrawl:Helicopter Kick:4bowser:
A- TIER - GOOD
:4peach::4zss::4shulk::4miibrawl:Piston Punch:4wiifit::4megaman::4falcon:
B TIER - USABLE
:4palutena:Jump Glide:4mario::4ness::4yoshi::4sheik::4littlemac::4bowserjr::4drmario::4marth::4lucina::4rob::4myfriends::rosalina::4luigi::4olimar::4miigun:Cannon Uppercut
C TIER - PASSABLE
:4ganondorf::4mewtwo::4palutena:Warp:4miigun:Lunar Launch:4palutena:Rocket Jump:4pit::4darkpit:
D TIER - LACKING
:4robinm::4dedede::4wario::4samus::4miibrawl:Soaring Axe Kick:4miisword:Stone Scabbard:4kirby::4diddy:
E TIER - SPIN2LOSE
:4tlink::4link::4miisword:Hero's Spin
F TIER - BAD
:4miigun:Arm Rocket:4miisword:Skyward Slash Dash:4fox::4falco::4duckhunt:
J TIER - SAKURAI WHY
:4jigglypuff:

CHANGELOG
Wii Fit, Kirby, Diddy, Sheik, Bowser Jr. went up
Falcon, Ganon, Ike went down
addition of A tier (SPIN2WIN)
E tier has been renamed "SPIN2LOSE"

everything else is the same I think

Last edited:

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
Oh, I didn't even see Pilotwings on @ Lorde Lorde 's stagelist. Yeah that stage is bad, I've seen some silly matches with turbine camping.

Someone uses that?
There was this tournament where people were getting timed out on that stage consistently
8 mins @_@

Last edited:

「 Derk 」

4th times the charm...
NNID
D3RK-SSB4
Switch FC
SW-6389-5985-3965
Lucina vs Marth is probably my new favorite match up. I instantly feel sassy for getting the first kill :awesome:

evmaxy54

Smash Champion
NNID
maXywashere
I think you can get hit during a few of the transitions on Skyloft, so I think that's why it's usually banned. I think Delfino has the same thing so lol hypocrites.

Imo, Wii U stage list should be
Battlefield
FD/Omegas
Delfino
Skyloft
Halberd
Lylat
Castle Siege
Town and City
Smashville
Duck Hunt
Pilot wings
Wuhu Island
Miiverse
And maybe Wii Fit Studio and Pokemon Stadium 2
Delfino doesn't have any stage hazards like Skyloft or Halberd. It's still not a particularly great stage for competitive play due to some of the transformations promoting camping &/or having walkoffs, changing blastzones (though this needs clarification), water & just being a pain in the ass to play on (though the later is subjective).

WFS, WI, PS2 & Skyloft (& Pilotwings if @ CatRaccoonBL CatRaccoonBL is correct on his criticisms, IDK much about this stage) really shouldn't be considered for competitive play. Too much bull**** happens in every one of them

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
@ Macchiato Macchiato Are you done? GG. What do I need to improve on?
GG sorry I feel off my bed. Improvements? Idk tbh

yey explanation time

Up B's were ranked on recovery, safety, combo ability, kill potential, get-out-quick potential, and OoS viability

Little Mac's Up B is bad at recovery but has great kill potential and is really good OoS
Mario and Doc also are great OoS options

Diddy's and Fox's are easily gimpable, it's a tradeoff for their strength in neutral
Link/TL is useful OoS
Robin is bad OoS and not a particularly great recovery given lack of useful hitboxes

Ike's is pretty good? tbh idk I like it, probably overrated it though

I might have given too much credit to command grabs

They are ranked independent of the character. Also I don't see a whole ton of Vanish kills (although to be fair I haven't seen any post 1.0.6 videos)

I have tendency to overrate command grabs but Falcon's/Ganon's has stupid range and stupid ledge snapping
and it's useful against gimps

ok

to be fair I have not used Wii Fit in maybe 3 months

so I forget everything
so I am going to test

EDIT: wow that's stupid

Up B tier list revision 1 coming up soon

Wii Fit has some really nice aerials 0.o

Like fair is kind of trash but nair and bair 0.0

Also I might secondary Duck Hunt
No fair really isn't, it's great after dropping from the ledge. You can frame cancel the back hit into a smash. It's a good gimp. It does decent damage and KB

Last edited by a moderator:

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
imo Fire > Quick Attack:4gaw:

because it comes out like frame -2, is a good recovery, and can gimp people super hard

Quick Attack is definitely #2 though

S TIER - REALLY GOOD
A+ TIER - VERY GOOD
A TIER - SPIN2WIN
A- TIER - GOOD
:4peach::4zss::4shulk::4miibrawl:Piston Punch:4wiifit::4megaman::4falcon:
B TIER - USABLE
:4palutena:Jump Glide:4mario::4ness::4yoshi::4sheik::4littlemac::4bowserjr::4drmario::4marth::4lucina::4rob::4myfriends::rosalina::4luigi::4olimar::4miigun:Cannon Uppercut
C TIER - PASSABLE
:4ganondorf::4mewtwo::4palutena:Warp:4miigun:Lunar Launch:4palutena:Rocket Jump:4pit::4darkpit:
D TIER - LACKING
:4robinm::4dedede::4wario::4samus::4miibrawl:Soaring Axe Kick:4miisword:Stone Scabbard:4kirby::4diddy:
E TIER - SPIN2LOSE
:4tlink::4link::4miisword:Hero's Spin
F TIER - BAD
:4miigun:Arm Rocket:4miisword:Skyward Slash Dash:4fox::4falco::4duckhunt:
J TIER - SAKURAI WHY

CHANGELOG
Wii Fit, Kirby, Diddy, Sheik, Bowser Jr. went up
Falcon, Ganon, Ike went down
addition of A tier (SPIN2WIN)
E tier has been renamed "SPIN2LOSE"

everything else is the same I think
Um Hero's spin is Swordspider's best up b

Last edited:

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
No fair really isn't, it's great after dropping from the ledge. You can frame cancel the back hit into a smash. It's a good gimp. It does decent damage and KB
I did not think about this

I don't think about ledge dropping or frame cancelling as a Shulk main because LOL FRAME DATA

I can see damage and KB are good but the positioning is strange

On a side note:
Duck Hunt is fun
Cans are cool
Clay is useless
Mexican drug cartel is ok
it's nice using a character that doesn't have a frame average of 12 million
(Seriously Shulk hold the Monado in your HANDS, 90% of your attacks use it)

Um Hero's spin is Swordspider's best up b
LOL WAIT RIP

I AM BAD

DID NOT LOOK CAREFULLY

S TIER - REALLY GOOD
A+ TIER - VERY GOOD
A TIER - SPIN2WIN
A- TIER - GOOD
:4peach::4zss::4miibrawl:Piston Punch:4wiifit::4megaman::4falcon:
B TIER - USABLE
:4palutena:Jump Glide:4mario::4shulk::4ness::4yoshi::4sheik::4littlemac::4bowserjr::4drmario::4marth::4lucina::4rob::4myfriends::rosalina::4luigi::4olimar::4miigun:Cannon Uppercut
C TIER - PASSABLE
:4ganondorf::4palutena:Warp:4mewtwo::4miigun:Lunar Launch:4palutena:Rocket Jump:4pit::4darkpit:
D TIER - LACKING
:4robinm::4dedede::4wario::4samus:
E TIER - SPIN2LOSE
:4miisword:Hero's Spin:4link::4tlink:
F TIER - BAD
:4miibrawl:Soaring Axe Kick:4miisword:Stone Scabbard:4kirby::4diddy::4miigun:Arm Rocket:4miisword:Skyward Slash Dash:4fox::4falco::4duckhunt:
J TIER - SAKURAI WHY

CHANGELOG
SPIN2LOSE tier is higher
Shulk drops because I was comparing too hard to Shulk himself and his lol frame data
rip Swordfighter
it's ok you still have the best costumes

Last edited:

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Delfino doesn't have any stage hazards like Skyloft or Halberd. It's still not a particularly great stage for competitive play due to some of the transformations promoting camping &/or having walkoffs, changing blastzones (though this needs clarification), water & just being a pain in the *** to play on (though the later is subjective).

WFS, WI, PS2 & Skyloft (& Pilotwings if @ CatRaccoonBL CatRaccoonBL is correct on his criticisms, IDK much about this stage) really shouldn't be considered for competitive play. Too much bull**** happens in every one of them
Sooooo. Your reason is "Jank?" You do know why things are legal or not right? Because they are fair or not. Jank is not a reason to ban something. Especially when you can learn the stage to make it not jank or as jank. If you are not having fun/don't know the stage and you didn't even try to learn the stages, then there is no argument.

Jank is the absolute worst reason to ban something because it mostly only affects the person screaming jank.

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
IMO

Wii Fit studio would be great if no walkoffs
Stadium 2 is debatable because of the wind transformation
Skyloft has Delfino syndrome

IMO2
Norfair, Stadium 2, Wily, and Pyrosphere should be legal
start with 5player stage then suicide 3 people

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
imo (unordered in tiers)

S: :4gaw::4greninja::4pikachu::4sheik::4zelda::4miibrawl:2
A: :4sonic::4metaknight::4megaman::4olimar::4villagerf::4pacman::4peach::4charizard::4zss:
B::4lucario::4ness::4littlemac::rosalina::4roy::4darkpit::4pit::4mario::4luigi::4yoshi:
C::4samus::4shulk::4link::4bowser::4dk::4diddy::4drmario::4fox::4dedede::4marth::4lucina::4palutena::4wiifit::4miisword:3:4miigun:2
D::4rob::4robinf::4tlink::4kirby::4myfriends::4duckhunt::4falco::4ganondorf::4falcon::4mewtwo::4wario2:
F::4jigglypuff:

Only including the Mii upBs I know

also it's really hard to just rank upBs in a general sense, because a lot of the poor recovery upBs have potent uses elsewhere (Doc, Mac) and it's difficult to quantify

(& Pilotwings if @ CatRaccoonBL CatRaccoonBL is correct on his criticisms, IDK much about this stage) really shouldn't be considered for competitive play.
I've seen some incredibly dumb matches here with Villager too, but I can't find them and this is shorter+shows what it needs to anyway.

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
imo (unordered in tiers)

S: :4gaw::4greninja::4pikachu::4sheik::4zelda::4miibrawl:2
A: :4sonic::4metaknight::4megaman::4olimar::4villagerf::4pacman::4peach::4charizard::4zss:
B::4lucario::4ness::4littlemac::rosalina::4roy::4darkpit::4pit::4mario::4luigi::4yoshi:
C::4samus::4shulk::4link::4bowser::4dk::4diddy::4drmario::4fox::4dedede::4marth::4lucina::4palutena::4wiifit::4miisword:3:4miigun:2
D::4rob::4robinf::4tlink::4kirby::4myfriends::4duckhunt::4falco::4ganondorf::4falcon::4mewtwo::4wario2:
F::4jigglypuff:

Only including the Mii upBs I know

also it's really hard to just rank upBs in a general sense, because a lot of the poor recovery upBs have potent uses elsewhere (Doc, Mac) and it's difficult to quantify
Quick question: does Mewtwo's or Palutena's travel farther

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Quick question: does Mewtwo's or Palutena's travel farther
Palutena's does while actually warping but I think Mewtwo might go further total with the horizontal momentum afterward

Palutena's warp is generally better though imo, bigger actual warp and less end lag

Last edited:

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
@ Lavani Lavani I got eliminated from my tournament by a Lucario. lol. Yay for lack of MU knoweldge.

I got ASC>usmash'd at 50 and died because lol 175% aura. Took game 2. And then game 3 I activated double team with lemons, because I thought I could punish the kick, but I couldn't because it has no endlag. I knew that I could shield it, and he kept giving it to me so I tried to utilt to end it but got side-B'd instead. I was also told it was invincible? I feel like you would know since you "play" the character.

#NorfairIsFair
but wily? umm... Devil is annoying AF and too intrusive. I'm currently mixed on PS2 and Kalos.

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
#NorfairIsFair
but wily? umm... Devil is annoying AF and too intrusive. I'm currently mixed on PS2 and Kalos.
Wily has no Devil with 5+ people so a possible solution would be to start a 5player match and have 3 suicide.

Wily becomes useful in 3v3s and 4v4s imo because the platforms are really interesting

My new signature
everyone drink up again

RIP Palutena maining 4/25/15 - 4/26/15

Last edited:
Top Bottom