• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Soul.

They changed Pac-Man's stock icon in the game. ehh?
Holy ****, there are way too many characters I want to main/learn to play. Seriously, look at all of these: :4bowserjr::4charizard::4duckhunt::4greninja::4jigglypuff::4lucas::4marth::4megaman::4metaknight::4mewtwo::4alph::4palutena::4peach::4pikachu::4robinf::rosalina::4samus::4sheik::4tlink::4villagerf::4wiifit::4yoshi::4zelda::4zss:.

I'm becoming Macchiato halp
i've been in the lab with like, half of these characters lmao

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
Like, I hate fighting Jiggly until I remember that I can elevator her at 1/3 of 1/5 of a percent

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
SO. MUCH. THIS. I'll take a "bad" Zelda that is massive amounts of fun to play as than a "good" Zelda that has a fun factor of -2.

I also didn't like what they did with Wolf either (that butchered up smash:grrr:)
you find smash 4 zelda fun? smh.

SpiralGalaxies

Smash Lord
NNID
SpiralGalaxies
Oh it's no trouble! I thought you might be ready since you were browsing smashboards. Sorry to bother you.

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
Halberd has that nice low ceiling and super telegraphed hazards though
>super late response

Last edited:

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Just saw @Yaaay rant about Halberd

I'm with you sis
Link?

Either way, still think Halberd is a perfectly fine stage.

Only the top 8 is being streamed, I think. Didn't you beat @ CatRaccoonBL CatRaccoonBL in Rosalina dittos? I'm pretty sure he's a good player, so you can't be all that bad.

@ McKnightlíght McKnightlíght wow, I guess you're abandoning all pretense of being a computer. Also, I liked when your avatar was sideways. It was kind of amusing. :p
To be fair, first round I suicided twice. Second round we were pretty even. Don't really like the 3ds version. >.>

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Random Mewtwo discovery: his jab1 continues on clank, which is actually hugely beneficial considering how early its IASA is and how poorly jabs tend to lose clank trades

I jabbed a Falcon Kick and had all the time in the world to punish instead of being in the reeling animation from clanking

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Playing DK64. Just realised the reason I got lost in World 3 was because I never went the direction away from Snide's Store.

Me when I didn't realise this till now:

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
To be fair, first round I suicided twice. Second round we were pretty even. Don't really like the 3ds version. >.>
I feel your pain, sis. I've been playing Rosalina since the 3DS release and I still SD with Launch Star all the time. Trying to Launch Star straight up online is one of the worst things.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
I will say it to the end of time. Halberd may be a "jank" stage, but it is still completely fair.

With custom moves, it's the same thing, however with customs moves, you always have to deal with Cyclone Donkey Kong or Timber counter. There is no way for you to stop an opponent from picking Donkey Kong or Villager. So despite custom moves being fair, I can see people's point with it not being fun because you will have to deal with whether it is broken or not.

Here's the thing about stages. You can strike em. You can go the rest of your competitive career without ever playing Halberd again. And because it is still a fair stage, those who do want to play on it, can still do that.

Think it is a waste of a strike? Then how about FLSS? You have almost as many strikes as you could possibly want in that scenario.

It really confuses me how people could want this stage banned so badly. :/

Last edited:

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
But, before a Tournament, I play Smash with only the legal stages of said tournament with my mains (:4kirby::4villager::4pikachu::4tlink::4jigglypuff::4ness::4yoshi::4bowser::4ganondorf::4littlemac::4marth::4link::4falcon:) and its ruleset.
Do these people even know what the term "main" means?

warionumbah2

Smash Master
Not being bias but Helberd is the best stage in the game. :4metaknight:

I've noticed everytime Macchitoto jumps to a new main, 3 new Falcon players are born.

I'm ****ing sick of Falcon, boring as hell its like LM in the 3ds days. What happened to this community? This virus needs to stop there's nothing cool about a hotblooded 39 year old man wearing a helmet.

Wanna know the worst part? THEY ALL PLAY THE SAME! ****ing cancer, CF aka Complete ******.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Devil's advocate: Unlike in Brawl, we have a lot of juggle kill combos that result in 0~30% to death kills on Halberd (and Delfino transitions) as well as a lot of characters with vertically-inclined kill moves. In a way, having a really low ceiling is almost comparable to walkoff camping in terms of the potential for early deaths

As an aside, Skyloft doesn't have the blast zone jank during transitions that Delfino has, does it? If not I'm kind of surprised that Delfino's legal and Skyloft isn't in many places.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Devil's advocate: Unlike in Brawl, we have a lot of juggle kill combos that result in 0~30% to death kills on Halberd (and Delfino transitions) as well as a lot of characters with vertically-inclined kill moves. In a way, having a really low ceiling is almost comparable to walkoff camping in terms of the potential for early deaths

As an aside, Skyloft doesn't have the blast zone jank during transitions that Delfino has, does it? If not I'm kind of surprised that Delfino's legal and Skyloft isn't in many places.
Walkoff camping isn't bad just because it can kill early. Walkoff camping is bad because of the effect it has on competitive play.

With Walkoff camping, I can walk near blast zones and now the match is pretty much forced into a standstill. I suddenly have this massive advantage just by standing there. So now the opponent has to kinda worm his way to even hit the opponent. It isn't fair at all. That isn't exciting at all nor is it fair.

With Halberd's Ceiling, there still needs some work to be done. It isn't an automatic win, and the person should've striked the stage if the opposing character really did have some amazing up air combo string and the person didn't. If they both have amazing up-air combos, then no one really has a serious advantage in this case unlike walk-off camping.

Lastly, early death isn't a bad thing. If it was, Melee wouldn't be popular at all. Melee is a game where characters can die in 5 seconds.

As for Delfino over Skyloft it isn't surprising at al. It is the same reason Wuhu isn't legal. The TOs don't know what they are doing. In a perfect world all three are legal.

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
I think you can get hit during a few of the transitions on Skyloft, so I think that's why it's usually banned. I think Delfino has the same thing so lol hypocrites.

Imo, Wii U stage list should be
Battlefield
FD/Omegas
Delfino
Skyloft
Halberd
Lylat
Castle Siege
Town and City
Smashville
Duck Hunt
Pilot wings
Wuhu Island
Miiverse
And maybe Wii Fit Studio and Pokemon Stadium 2

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
As for Delfino over Skyloft it isn't surprising at al. It is the same reason Wuhu isn't legal. The TOs don't know what they are doing. In a perfect world all three are legal.
>>>>>>>>>>>>
I think you can get hit during a few of the transitions on Skyloft, so I think that's why it's usually banned. I think Delfino has the same thing so lol hypocrites.

Battlefield
FD/Omegas
Delfino
Skyloft
Halberd
Lylat
Castle Siege
Town and City
Smashville
Duck Hunt
Pilot wings
Wuhu Island
Miiverse
I agree with this
Well, idk about Wii Fit
Ah man if it didn't have walk offs

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
>>>>>>>>>>>>

I agree with this
Well, idk about Wii Fit
Ah man if it didn't have walk offs
That's why Wii Fit is under the maybe category. Except for the walkoffs, it's a perfectly fine stage. Chaingrabs are gone, so it could possibly be legal. I doubt it ever will be, though.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny

Battlefield
FD/Omegas
Delfino
Skyloft
Halberd
Lylat
Castle Siege
Town and City
Smashville
Duck Hunt
Pilot wings
Wuhu Island
Miiverse
#NorfairIsFair

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767

Battlefield
FD/Omegas
Delfino
Skyloft
Halberd
Lylat
Castle Siege
Town and City
Smashville
Duck Hunt
Pilot wings
Wuhu Island
Miiverse
Miiverse shouldn't be legal for the simple fact it is just battlefield...unless of course striking battlefield also strikes Miiverse and vice versa.

Pilot wings I originally loved very much and wanted it to be legal...but two problems.

The 1st is you could camp on the first plane. The 2nd problem was you could camp on the second plane...in a spot where they can't even touch you without making themselves incredibly vulnerable.

Top Bottom