• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
i am bored

S TIER - REALLY GOOD
:4gaw::4pikachu::4pacman::4greninja::4metaknight::4zelda:
A+ TIER - VERY GOOD
:4sonic::4charizard::4villager::4falcon::4dk::4miibrawl:Helicopter Kick:4bowser:
A- TIER - GOOD
:4peach::4zss::4shulk::4myfriends::4ganondorf::4miibrawl:Piston Punch:4megaman:
B TIER - USABLE
:4palutena:Jump Glide:4mario::4ness::4yoshi::4littlemac::4drmario::4marth::4lucina::4rob::rosalina::4luigi::4bowserjr::4olimar::4sheik::4miigun:Cannon Uppercut
C TIER - PASSABLE
:4mewtwo::4palutena:Warp:4miigun:Lunar Launch:4palutena:Rocket Jump:4pit::4darkpit:
D TIER - LACKING
:4robinm::4dedede::4wario::4samus::4miibrawl:Soaring Axe Kick:4miisword:Stone Scabbard
E TIER - SPIN2WIN
:4tlink::4link::4miisword:Hero's Spin:4wiifit:
F TIER - BAD
:4miigun:Arm Rocket:4kirby::4diddy::4miisword:Skyward Slash Dash:4fox::4falco::4duckhunt:
J TIER - SAKURAI WHY
:4jigglypuff:

feel free to criticize :^)
WII FIT HAS A GREAT RECOVERY IT GOES VERY HIGH WHEN YOU MASH IT AND IT STAGE SPIKES AND IT GOES HIGHER THAN MOST OF THE CAST FYRYRHF WHAT

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
I've never seen people rage so much about Ness's B-Throw before this game even though it was this way since the 64.
They're just salty cause he's not a punching bag with psychic powers this time around. Also, kill throws in this game are really powerful for the same reasons whoever else said: people love to sit in their shields.

Tbh I also found it annoying in Brawl, and I kind of restricted myself from using it to kill when I played with friends because killing with throws in general felt kinda cheap before. Now I don't really care very much, though it's also true that most of the people I play with are more "competitive" oriented.

its a lizard

some people have reptilian fetishes

i like tails

;__;
How Australian of you.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
@ Rizen Rizen
what do you think about Shocking Spin+Meteor Bombs against characters that can't edge-guard for ****
Shocking Spin on the ground is so satisfying to land
So I already thought Shocking Spin was a worthless custom pre-1.0.6, but default Spin Attack got startup+endlag+knockback buffs now and as far as I know those didn't apply to Shocking Spin. I don't see the point to it unless you want to relive the 64 days.

EDIT: Just tested and both Shocking and default get red lightning on Mario at 110% on 3DS FD lol
yeah there is no point in it whatsoever now

Last edited:

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
I agree with @ Macchiato Macchiato

WFT's Up-B is super underrated, really. It's got pretty great vertical and horizontal coverage, it moves super fast, and has hitboxes everywhere. I think I've managed to get more successful edgeguards on teleporters than on WFT for some reason.

Still can't beat the bowling ball, though :4villager:

Rizen

Smash Legend
@ Rizen Rizen
what do you think about Shocking Spin+Meteor Bombs against characters that can't edge-guard for ****
Shocking Spin on the ground is so satisfying to land
TBH that sounds terrible. Link wouldn't need to be edge guarded, only hit a short distance off the stage to seal his fate. Meteor bombs arguably have their uses, although I still prefer normal bombs, but shocking spin is a terrible move. The recovery is trash, it's laggy as heck and the power is sub-par with Link's other kill moves which are safer anyway.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
TBH that sounds terrible. Link wouldn't need to be edge guarded, only hit a short distance off the stage to seal his fate. Meteor bombs arguably have their uses, although I still prefer normal bombs, but shocking spin is a terrible move. The recovery is trash, it's laggy as heck and the power is sub-par with Link's other kill moves which are safer anyway.
I have no idea how bad shocking spin is, but could using the hookshot instead be better for recovering?

Rizen

Smash Legend
I have no idea how bad shocking spin is, but could using the hookshot instead be better for recovering?
The claw shot is very predictable, has no attack when tethering and only works from a certain area below and to the side of the ledge. If it was the only recovery Link could use it would be very easy to gimp. It can be a great mix up when pretending to recover high then FF air dodge under the ledge>clawshot tether recover. But it wouldn't work without another recovery and shocking spin doesn't cut it.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny

Instant hard counter.

Tether recoveries are actually pretty good in this game for a multitude of reasons, but if you have to rely on a passive recovery that is limited to going to the ledge you're in trouble.

There's also a slight issue in that you can't use zairs while in tumble, so in specific situations you may need to attack/airdodge first and then be out of tether range by the time it ends.

(side note, CPU Link usually tethers instantly but when I put Luma there he just stalled for a second like "well, ****". I found it amusing.)

Last edited:

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
@ Antonykun Antonykun , I believe this is your cue.
Why Villager is a Troll
1.) "Innocence" and "Comedy"

Villager comes from Animal Crossing a game where you wander around a Villager and help it grow. The closest thing there is to "combat" is hitting people with your net and planting pitfalls. When it comes to power levels in Smash it's very easy to see AC!Villager as the weakest of all the smashers. As such Villager is a character who does not translate well in a fighting game like Smash, not if you take yourself seriously anyways. Villager is, instead, played for laughs He walks around and "fights" by doing stuff he would do on a regular play session of AC, minus fishing, actually you can make the assessment that Villager is unaware that he's even fighting in the first place. He can pocket the most impossible things like a full charged shot of plasma, or a bike three times his size with little to no effort. In short Villager was designed to be a funny character who still has his home game's innocent charm.
Because of this Villager can do many horrible things such as burying people alive and chopping people with an ax and still look innocent.
2.) No. 1 Shirt
9/10 when someone say Villager they think of No. 1 Shirt also known as :4villager:and for good reason as he was the only Villager in their reveal trailer. Anyways him being a the first villager people think of is huge for Villager's reputation as a troll. If you know Villager then you recognize No. 1 Shirt's face. His face is also relatively easy to draw meaning that many artists just draw Villager's face as opposed to their usual face style making his face very recognizable and can be recognized regardless of whether or not he's actually wearing the No. 1 Shirt. For example one time i had the misfortune of finding an almost naked Wolverine picture (damn internet) and the only thing that clued me into that guy being Wolverine were his claws because he wasn't wearing a clothes that would allude to him being Wolverine. Villager is one of the few "Humans" capable of this trait the others are :4mario::4luigi::4drmario::4ganondorf::4wario::4tlink:and:4wiifit: and all do so by having a very distinguishable body feature (though :4ganondorf: does so by having a specific combo of dark skin red hair and fabulous hairdos)

Now onto the face itself. Villager's face is very cute and childish his eyes are very large and round ect. ect. what really makes the face make Villager look like a troll is that his eyes are NOT centered like he's looking away in a "I didn't do it" fashion giving him the look of a harmless prankster. The only other Villager to be looking away is 4 Ball Shirt

Anyways that wraps up why Villager is a troll.
Pending @ Antonykun Antonykun 's further elaboration, let me offer this:

plz

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
So I already thought Shocking Spin was a worthless custom pre-1.0.6, but default Spin Attack got startup+endlag+knockback buffs now and as far as I know those didn't apply to Shocking Spin. I don't see the point to it unless you want to relive the 64 days.

EDIT: Just tested and both Shocking and default get red lightning on Mario at 110% on 3DS FD lol
yeah there is no point in it whatsoever now
Thanks, just curious
I haven't used Shocking Spin much but I just wanted to know if it had practical use
Now if whirling leap ledge snapped....... :v

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
Warning Received
Why Villager is a Troll
1.) "Innocence" and "Comedy"

Villager comes from Animal Crossing a game where you wander around a Villager and help it grow. The closest thing there is to "combat" is hitting people with your net and planting pitfalls. When it comes to power levels in Smash it's very easy to see AC!Villager as the weakest of all the smashers. As such Villager is a character who does not translate well in a fighting game like Smash, not if you take yourself seriously anyways. Villager is, instead, played for laughs He walks around and "fights" by doing stuff he would do on a regular play session of AC, minus fishing, actually you can make the assessment that Villager is unaware that he's even fighting in the first place. He can pocket the most impossible things like a full charged shot of plasma, or a bike three times his size with little to no effort. In short Villager was designed to be a funny character who still has his home game's innocent charm.
Because of this Villager can do many horrible things such as burying people alive and chopping people with an ax and still look innocent.
2.) No. 1 Shirt
9/10 when someone say Villager they think of No. 1 Shirt also known as :4villager:and for good reason as he was the only Villager in their reveal trailer. Anyways him being a the first villager people think of is huge for Villager's reputation as a troll. If you know Villager then you recognize No. 1 Shirt's face. His face is also relatively easy to draw meaning that many artists just draw Villager's face as opposed to their usual face style making his face very recognizable and can be recognized regardless of whether or not he's actually wearing the No. 1 Shirt. For example one time i had the misfortune of finding an almost naked Wolverine picture (damn internet) and the only thing that clued me into that guy being Wolverine were his claws because he wasn't wearing a clothes that would allude to him being Wolverine. Villager is one of the few "Humans" capable of this trait the others are :4mario::4luigi::4drmario::4ganondorf::4wario::4tlink:and:4wiifit: and all do so by having a very distinguishable body feature (though :4ganondorf: does so by having a specific combo of dark skin red hair and fabulous hairdos)

Now onto the face itself. Villager's face is very cute and childish his eyes are very large and round ect. ect. what really makes the face make Villager look like a troll is that his eyes are NOT centered like he's looking away in a "I didn't do it" fashion giving him the look of a harmless prankster. The only other Villager to be looking away is 4 Ball Shirt

Anyways that wraps up why Villager is a troll.

plz
Bro, you took the cue too seriously.

The correct answer as to why Villager is such a troll is because of the ABSOLUTE. LACK. Of ****S. GIVEN.

Preach madafakka

Dat tree juggling, though, omfg.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm back from some P:M shenanigans

Ike/Zelda seems to be the way to go for me. I LOVE Ike. Quickdraw jumps all day

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
Bro, you took the cue too seriously.

The correct answer as to why Villager is such a troll is because of the ABSOLUTE. LACK. Of ****S. GIVEN.

Preach madafakka

Dat tree juggling, though, omfg.
Well the lack of flips was implied in section one

besides I really like to talk about Villager.
Like @ CatRaccoonBL CatRaccoonBL one time asked me about how to play Villager while I had a nasty stomach virus. and I gave him a full guide's worth of content

Last edited by a moderator:
Ike's disjoints are also insane. I wish f-air came out faster but n-air is NUTS. B-air is a bit hard to land but it can combo off from d-throw. With the engine, I can make dumb and legit reads with freaking f-smash. F-SMASH. I can also QD and jump backwards to mix it up.

It's like I'm playing Shulk with all arts combined except shield and jump art.

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
Good morniiiiing

Question: Is it worth checking the CCI thread now
I stopped looking at it because it turned into the Competitive Complaining Impressions thread

Good morniiiiing

Question: Is it worth checking the CCI thread now
I stopped looking at it because it turned into the Competitive Complaining Impressions thread
It depends. You can bet your sass that everyone or most of the people here will say no. I'm inclined to say no too, I guess

I remember back in the old times of the CCI thread, someone suggested a rule that players can't talk about their own mains in the thread. Wat? Like, yeah there will be bias but they ARE the ones that know their mains best right? So....

Wat? Also, I'm acting like I don't know the guy. I actually remembered who posted it.
Currently waiting for berserker to secondary the whole cast:drohmy:
This is P:M I'm talking about :U

Last edited:
Zelda is fantastic in P:M

Zelda : Din's fire
Ike : Quick draw

Reasons why I love 'em

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
Reasons why I love Zelda in PM:
- She's an actual character
- Kicks are ridic
- Cancelling Nayru's and Farore's
- Din's
- Ftilt has Brawl's great angle but you can actually combo into it
- It's the only game where she wasn't brutally destroyed by Sakurai

Last edited:

Soul.

Re: pls no character balance
Where was that posted. The Misimpressions thread? lol

Last edited:

Azriel Auxifur

Smash Cadet
Going to repost these here. Welcome to the Zelda Social where the coffee is spiked with fairy dust. :p

Speaking of Sakurai. https://twitter.com/ZeRoSSB/status/592202367203840000 I know this is probably off topic but this is so much yes. DADDY SAKURAI:pikachu: greatest reward a smasher could ever get, Hopefully zero and m2k can shout him some tips for balance and ask him what happened with metaknight with brawl looool
@thehard LOOOL

why does it seem like Sakuri's right shoulder got cut off

Last edited:

berserker00

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Berserker10
3DS FC
1220-7875-3865
Switch FC
6493 3764 6404
Reasons why I love Zelda in PM:
- She's an actual character
- Kicks are ridic
- Cancelling Nayru's and Farore's
- Din's
- Ftilt has Brawl's great angle but you can actually combo into it
- It's the only game where she wasn't brutally destroyed by Sakurai
Raging so hard against @ Berserker. Berserker. 's PM Zelda until I used Snake and Link and his face be like

Project M Link <4
Project M Link <3 indeed right @ Berserker. Berserker. ?

Speaking of Sakurai. https://twitter.com/ZeRoSSB/status/592202367203840000 I know this is probably off topic but this is so much yes. DADDY SAKURAI:pikachu: greatest reward a smasher could ever get, Hopefully zero and m2k can shout him some tips for balance and ask him what happened with metaknight with brawl looool
@thehard LOOOL

why does it seem like Sakuri's right shoulder got cut off
If he asked Sakurai to bring back Diddy Kong's old u-air tho

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Today's thoughts on characters:
:4luigi:I can't handle how much he slides when shielding or his lack of offstage game or reliance on his double jump to recover, dropped.
:4zss:Uhh...I dunno. Boost Kick is gdlk, 1F jab is cool (though its reward is bleh), nair is love. Utilt/dtilt are surprisingly laggy for what they are, tether grabs are bleh (is her pivot grab worse than standing grab? It seriously feels like it has less range and more end lag), actually landing the kill can be surprisingly annoying without a Boost Kick cleanly connecting or a ledge trump bair. Neutral is also awkward. Might fool around with her more later but not really feeling it.
:4mewtwo:Kinda thinking more and more that I might put more time into this character. Even if he isn't that great he's pretty fun, and I love how early he can close out stocks.
:4lucario:probably giving up on
:4dedede:Might pick him back up! Seeing Big D play him at NWM was pretty inspiring, and Dedede is my favorite Kirby character. I still think he's bad, but a little patience goes a long way.
:4kirby:Also kinda tempted to pick up, utilt bair dair are so good and he doesn't have too hard a time killing. Also low profiles a ton of stuff.
:4wario2:Bike is gdlk for edgeguarding. I still hate this character though.

/stuff

Top Bottom