• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
UPDATE ON THE YEWTEWB GUY: Things become civil

He got real mad after that, but surprisingly he didn't RQ. But it did mean I had more time to troll his *** (though none of them were as good as that one) :3
CRYING PLEASE THE SASS LEVELS ARE SUPPOSED TO SKYROCKET, NOT LEAD TO CONSENSUS.

i am bored

S TIER - REALLY GOOD
:4gaw::4pikachu::4pacman::4greninja::4metaknight:
A+ TIER - VERY GOOD
:4sonic::4zelda::4charizard::4villager::4falcon::4dk::4miibrawl:Helicopter Kick:4bowser:
A- TIER - GOOD
:4peach::4zss::4shulk::4myfriends::4ganondorf::4miibrawl:Piston Punch:4megaman:
B TIER - USABLE
:4palutena:Jump Glide:4mario::4ness::4yoshi::4littlemac::4drmario::4marth::4lucina::4rob::rosalina::4luigi::4bowserjr::4olimar::4sheik::4miigun:Cannon Uppercut
C TIER - PASSABLE
:4mewtwo::4palutena:Warp:4miigun:Lunar Launch:4palutena:Rocket Jump:4pit::4darkpit:
D TIER - LACKING
:4robinm::4dedede::4wario::4samus::4miibrawl:Soaring Axe Kick:4miisword:Stone Scabbard
E TIER - SPIN2WIN
:4tlink::4link::4miisword:Hero's Spin:4wiifit:
F TIER - BAD
:4miigun:Arm Rocket:4kirby::4diddy::4miisword:Skyward Slash Dash:4fox::4falco::4duckhunt:
J TIER - SAKURAI WHY
:4jigglypuff:

feel free to criticize :^)
>Zelda is pretty much UpB the character
>But wait, people have better UpB moves than her

No wonder she sucks.

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
>Zelda is pretty much UpB the character
>But wait, people have better UpB moves than her

No wonder she sucks.
actually Zelda > Sonic

zelda is now in S tier for the first time in her life

Farorae

Smash Ace
i am bored

S TIER - REALLY GOOD
:4gaw::4pikachu::4pacman::4greninja::4metaknight::4zelda:
A+ TIER - VERY GOOD
:4sonic::4charizard::4villager::4falcon::4dk::4miibrawl:Helicopter Kick:4bowser:
A- TIER - GOOD
B TIER - USABLE
:4palutena:Jump Glide:4mario::4ness::4yoshi::4littlemac::4drmario::4marth::4lucina::4rob::rosalina::4luigi::4bowserjr::4olimar::4sheik::4miigun:Cannon Uppercut
C TIER - PASSABLE
:4mewtwo::4palutena:Warp:4miigun:Lunar Launch:4palutena:Rocket Jump:4pit::4darkpit:
D TIER - LACKING
:4robinm::4dedede::4wario::4samus::4miibrawl:Soaring Axe Kick:4miisword:Stone Scabbard
E TIER - SPIN2WIN
F TIER - BAD
:4miigun:Arm Rocket:4kirby::4diddy::4miisword:Skyward Slash Dash:4fox::4falco::4duckhunt:
J TIER - SAKURAI WHY

Poor jiggly :( also at least Zelda is high tier in something...

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Noooooooooooo. ;_;

Who else will sarcastically talk about how much of a goddess Rosalina is with me?...

...*Stares at waifu* @ SBphiloz4 SBphiloz4
Gorl, I'll convert you to believe that Zelda is the true goddess in this, and will do anything to dominate you to make you think so~

@ EODM07 EODM07 the opening to Yamada-kun and the 7 Witches is legitimately one of my most listened songs ATM, as well as the ending song to The Heroic Legend of Arslan. c:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Gorl, I'll convert you to believe that Zelda is the true goddess in this, and will do anything to dominate you to make you think so~

@ EODM07 EODM07 the opening to Yamada-kun and the 7 Witches is legitimately one of my most listened songs ATM, as well as the ending song to The Heroic Legend of Arslan. c:
So far for me, its definitely Ore Monogatari!!'s. Before it was Kill la Kill's 2nd OP and Nisekoi's 1st OP. :3

OH @ Lavani Lavani

I'll give one good thing about smash art

It's really dumb if you combine it with Vision

I countered jabs and KO'd opponents at ridiculously low percentages (~70-80%?)

But that's about it. This art blows. I'll go back to P:M Zelda soon

Rizen

Smash Legend
@ McKnightlíght McKnightlíght are you in the USA? I might play a few.
i am bored

S TIER - REALLY GOOD
:4gaw::4pikachu::4pacman::4greninja::4metaknight::4zelda:
A+ TIER - VERY GOOD
:4sonic::4charizard::4villager::4falcon::4dk::4miibrawl:Helicopter Kick:4bowser:
A- TIER - GOOD
B TIER - USABLE
C TIER - PASSABLE
D TIER - LACKING
E TIER - SPIN2WIN
F TIER - BAD
J TIER - SAKURAI WHY

Zelda's should be SS tier. I'm not sure how you're judging these but several things look really out of place:
Like having Mario/DR.Mario/Little Mac so high, I'm guessing it's factoring in KO potential. Diddy/Kirby/Fox below Link/TL. Robin tied with Wario. Ike and Ganon so high (Link's upB is better than Ganon's). And some other more minor things.
/imo

Last edited:

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
@ McKnightlíght McKnightlíght are you in the USA? I might play a few.

Zelda's should be SS tier. I'm not sure how you're judging these but several things look really out of place:
Like having Mario/DR.Mario/Little Mac so high, I'm guessing it's factoring in KO potential. Diddy/Kirby/Fox below Link/TL. Robin tied with Wario. Ike and Ganon so high (Link's upB is better than Ganon's). And some other more minor things.
/imo
You are added. Fuujintopia is in America of course.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
I thought it was me understanding the English grammar wrongly since I assumed native speakers didn't make any mistakes, or at least not simple ones like these.
As a native speaker lemme lay this one down for you.

Every native English speaker makes mistakes. Mistake one is assuming they're any good at speaking English.

The best English I've read and heard has been from non-native speakers, every time, because non-native speakers tend to give a **** while native speakers throw around run-on sentences and other grammatical atrocities and make up big words and ignore the piss out of commas and spew neologisms involving piss and wear nifty shades.

I spot one potential mistake in your post. You could play bingo with my mistakes every time I open my mouth.

And that's all I got to say.

Two final thoughts.
UP B TIER LIST
S TIER - REALLY GOOD
:4pikachu::4greninja:
Yes. This man gets it.
UP B TIER LIST
B TIER - USABLE
:4littlemac:
No. This man doesn't get it anymore.

I'm going to bed. G'night.

Trela got 2nd place with Mewtwo at TGC

Edit: Yep. Only Mewtwo. He beat Dent1

Last edited:

Trieste SP

Smash Champion
The best English I've read and heard has been from non-native speakers, every time, because non-native speakers tend to give a **** while native speakers throw around run-on sentences and other grammatical atrocities and make up big words and ignore the piss out of commas and spew neologisms involving piss and wear nifty shades.
I'm not a native speaker of English and it's kinda true. I'm really careful on my spellings and make sure my sentences are grammatically correct pretty much all the time. But it's kinda hard keeping track of all the languages that I speak.

People who speak my native language treat the language the same way a native speaker of English would just like what you said.

Don't get me started on the dialect I use.

Last edited:

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
I'm not a native speaker of English and it's kinda true. I'm really careful on my spellings and make sure my sentences are grammatically correct pretty much all the time. But it's kinda hard keeping track of all the languages that I speak.

People who speak my native language treat the language the same way a native speaker of English would just like what you said.
I think it's a native speaker thing. We kind of take our native tongues for granted, whatever they are.

The upside to this, if it can be considered such, is that playing fast and loose with a language offers it opportunity to morph into new configurations, allowing it in some sense to evolve and adapt.

The downside is we get everything playing on the Bravo network. I'm really not sure it's worth it, but there you go.

Seriously, now. Bed. Going to it.

「 Derk 」

4th times the charm...
NNID
D3RK-SSB4
Switch FC
SW-6389-5985-3965
English would probably be a lot easier to learn if we didn't have 10+ words that meant the same thing or multiple words that sound the same but mean completely different things.

Trieste SP

Smash Champion
English would probably be a lot easier to learn if we didn't have 10+ words that meant the same thing or multiple words that sound the same but mean completely different things.
To be honest of all the languages that I speak, English is the easiest aside from my native tongue to learn.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
The thing is I don't do this. Whenever I speak my native tongue, people state that I speak like a book (literature).
Mostly an averages thing. You're simply better than the average.

I flip-flop between eloquent and irreverent online. In person, half the time I speak too much, and the other half I speak gibberish.
Remember, kids. Never take an English lesson from a yellow rat, no matter how astonishingly chill.

You are gonna put all those poor thesaurus writers out of a job.

Did you think of that? You monster?

....BED. Bed. To bed. Going. Goddamn it.

Last edited:
More people are jumping on that Lucina wagon

I did the same too. Using the green haired color. The one I dub as, "Terra Branford"

「 Derk 」

4th times the charm...
NNID
D3RK-SSB4
Switch FC
SW-6389-5985-3965

I did the same too. Using the green haired color. The one I dub as, "Terra Branford"
I never bothered with Marth. I tend to like female characters more than male characters because they are usually better designed or more unique in their play style. Decided to try Lucina and instantly loved the control I had over spacing. She just flows really well. Her dash could end a little faster though. I was sliding a lot when I was trying to dash back and forth but that was probably more of me being new to the character and trying to play her like Zelda lol.

Last edited:

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767

Such disrespect towards Nowi. ;_;

Also, hearing how hard English is apparently always makes me thankful I'm a native speaker of it. :3

My grammer are goodly.

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
@ Rizen Rizen GGs! I wish my "Jab the character" (Ike) was a lot better :p

Also, wow you rekt my cancer with Link, I'll need a rematch one of these days buddy.

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
Sheik's UpB is really really good and probably better than Zelda's. It kills early, has a million set-ups, great hitbox, a wind and reappearance hitbox (WHY?!) and no lag if you Up B diagonally (LIKE WHYYYY AS IF SHE WASNT GOOD ENOUGH ALREADY). Even if you do lag, the lag is pretty small so it's very safe. Ugh.

Also, why is Falcon so high?? His Up B is awful.

As a native speaker lemme lay this one down for you.

Every native English speaker makes mistakes. Mistake one is assuming they're any good at speaking English.

I spot one potential mistake in your post. You could play bingo with my mistakes every time I open my mouth.
To be honest many non-native speakers will start doing the same thing when they get to live in the country of the language htey are learning and get used to speaking the language everyday. It takes a lot of effort to speak eloquently all the time, and it's not always even needed. At times just getting the point across works just as well.

The best English I have read and heard is probably mostly from native speakers who focus on speaking as correctly as possible, but many scientific articles written in perfect English are written by non-native speakers, showing that it's very possible to write in eloquent English despite it not being your mother tongue, much to my relief.

Of course it depends on a variety of factors such as linguistic background, age at which your started learning, how long you have learned it blablabla but I don't feel like writing an essay about that now :p

That's probably the same in every language. I don't have this problem a lot in English because my native language is Dutch and there's usually a direct translation in Dutch for every English word. Now Japanese on the other hand...

English spelling is atrocious though. I feel sorry for American/English elementary kids. I swear learning Japanese characters is easier than learning English spelling.

Last edited:

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
@ Rizen Rizen
what do you think about Shocking Spin+Meteor Bombs against characters that can't edge-guard for ****
Shocking Spin on the ground is so satisfying to land

Last edited:
Top Bottom