• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
So okay things I need to do in Sm4sh:

1. Incorporate Up-Air Spike in my playstyle
  2. Learn to use Hydro Pump on stage more
  3. Stop being so predictable with my approaches and bait spotdodges and rolls better.
  4. Learn the following MUs: :4wario::4olimar::4gaw::4bowserjr::4duckhunt::4miibrawl: and to a lesser extent :4pikachu::4diddy::4palutena:
  5. Learn to Perfect Pivot just in case.

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
Speaking of Ghirahim

Tadashi is an atrocity filled with horny necrophiliacs. The fans of the pairing are even more sickening. :glare:
I don't mind the massive following the character has (he was made to be loveable), but the pairing is very iffy for me too. I wouldn't call its fans sickening, but it's definitely something I'd rather avoid having any kind of contact with. It stings a very awkward string for me.

Ah lovely work then dear :D

And ooh, I try to stay dafuq away from Tumblr. I've seen some ****
I like Tadashi and Hiro but not like slash >~<
I just like cute brotherly love kinda stuff between them and I know one good artist that specializes only in that :3
There's a time and a place for lemons and BH6 shipping is not it.

I think that Ghirahim is freaky but hey some people like it mild to wild in seconds and that's what he delivers.

Actually though, I give him my purely platonic love because he's so fabulous and evil at the same time. You have to admit that's all so very rare for a male character nowadays.
I hate to say it, but Ghirahim's archetype is not really rare from the culture he comes from, which is Japan. And tbh, while I actually do like Ghirahim, his character archetype is very, very damaging because it reflects a very twisted view on homosexuals. Of course, we never really know what the hell Ghirahim's sexuality is, but his flirting with Link and fabulastic attitude are filled with cliches that have their bases in how Japanese culture views gays, which is as perverts and eccentric madmen. The whole "gay and fabulous villain" trope is much worse than people actually realize, imo, because it's the only kind of mainstream representation gay males receive in Japan.

Last edited:

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
I just typed in woman laughing eating salad and way too many relevant pictures came up

2004Zilla

Smash Master
NNID
2004Zilla
Honestly if your ship isn't Link x "It's dangerous to go alone, take this!" Old Man, you can just get out.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Honestly if your ship isn't Link x "It's dangerous to go alone, take this!" Old Man, you can just get out.
Isn't that like pedophilia? And no, even if the Old Man waits, he's going to die 'cause he's old. :p

UkeNicky

Smash Ace
NNID
UkeNicky
Hey. HEY my first page steal.
It just took 1203 pages.

And how convenient right in the middle of awkward topics.

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
It's too bad that Charizard is trash because his palette swaps are great.

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Orange: Charizard
Red: Charmeleon
Yellow: Charmander?
Green: VENUSAUR
Blue: GOLBAT
White: AEROdactyl

no one cares about the other two
Gorl, the weird pinkish one is my favourite.

Yellow is a reference to Charmander and Charmeleon's shinies.
Purple is Ridley :secretkpop:
Green is Reptar, obv.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Oh ****, I forgot about Ridleyzard

but yeah, green is venusaur charizard

i used to call the blue one blastoise but then i was like

wait

golbat is annoying like this charizard is!

Twili

The Queen
Premium
NNID
dearlyxbeloved
3DS FC
3368-2389-1288
Switch FC
3149 6967 1296
Gorl, the weird pinkish one is my favourite.

Yellow is a reference to Charmander and Charmeleon's shinies.
Purple is Ridley :secretkpop:
Green is Reptar, obv.
Thank you, gorl <3

Definitely use a Reptar tag every time I use Charizard.

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
Speaking of Ghirahim
I hate to say it, but Ghirahim's archetype is not really rare from the culture he comes from, which is Japan. And tbh, while I actually do like Ghirahim, his character archetype is very, very damaging because it reflects a very twisted view on homosexuals. Of course, we never really know what the hell Ghirahim's sexuality is, but his flirting with Link and fabulastic attitude are filled with cliches that have their bases in how Japanese culture views gays, which is as perverts and eccentric madmen. The whole "gay and fabulous villain" trope is much worse than people actually realize, imo, because it's the only kind of mainstream representation gay males receive in Japan.
Yeah, Fullmetal Alchemist for the most part does a very good job when it comes to representation.

Except when it comes to gay males.

「 Derk 」

4th times the charm...
NNID
D3RK-SSB4
Switch FC
SW-6389-5985-3965
So... from what I have watched on the Chokaigi stream so far: Come to Japan guys. We will play for glory with items!

No friendly fire in doubles, with items, and 2 min timer. LOL

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
oh...dear...
I don't remember him
like seriously
Uhhhg
anyways I was thinking about how it would be an awesome idea for the incredibly campy and feminine guy to be the one who gets all the ladies while also being completely straight

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
That's the only kind of gay males you'll see in mainstream anime, sadly :/

Another example is Leeron, from Gurren Lagann.

He's a great character on his own, but he's a super hurtful archetype in the general. Specially when you consider Gurren Lagann is an anime that's 100% about being A MAN (that's so ****ing alpha etc), which is represented by piloting robots through your fighting spirit. While most of the cast is male, at least seven named females get to pilot robots through their fighting spirit, but the gay guy? Haha no.

UkeNicky

Smash Ace
NNID
UkeNicky

He's a great character on his own, but he's a super hurtful archetype in the general. Specially when you consider Gurren Lagann is an anime that's 100% about being A MAN (that's so ****ing alpha etc), which is represented by piloting robots through your fighting spirit. While most of the cast is male, at least seven named females get to pilot robots through their fighting spirit, but the gay guy? Haha no.

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon

Yeah when I think about it Japan doesn't really represent gay males very well.

Incidentally I recently began watching an anime that has a lesbian protagonist so this topic came up in a rather coincidental time lol.

Would you like to talk about it? ( ͡o ͜ʖ ͡o)
Why not?

I was camping somewhere with a bunch of random people then some random demonic cult ambushed us and sent us to their prison. I saw all my friends there (from college and school).... only difference is at least one part of their body was missing. One had a finger missing, eye missing, ear missing, blah blah. Seems like this system works in a way that everyone loses a part of their body but the cult ultimately determines it. The newcomers (me and the campers) will lose something 2 days after. So I got a paper then it says I'm losing my SAUSAGE (****). I was like, "OH ****!" Slept then after. Day started and they told me to go to some random room. Saw all the newcomers. THEY STARTED CHOPPING OFF THE PARTS. Then suddenly, the cultist in charge of the chopping was shot in the head by someone. Then the whole prison went into chaos. I climbed over the gate---

Nightmare end. That was creepy ****

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
Yeah when I think about it Japan doesn't really represent gay males very well.

Incidentally I recently began watching an anime that has a lesbian protagonist so this topic came up in a rather coincidental time lol.
I heard of a new anime that tackles the issues Japanese homosexuals face on a daily basis, which is about lesbian girls that... transform into space bears or some weird **** like that. I've heard it's good, but haven't really looked for it. Maybe it's the same?

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
Why not?

I was camping somewhere with a bunch of random people then some random demonic cult ambushed us and sent us to their prison. I saw all my friends there (from college and school).... only difference is at least one part of their body was missing. One had a finger missing, eye missing, ear missing, blah blah. Seems like this system works in a way that everyone loses a part of their body but the cult ultimately determines it. The newcomers (me and the campers) will lose something 2 days after. So I got a paper then it says I'm losing my SAUSAGE (****). I was like, "OH ****!" Slept then after. Day started and they told me to go to some random room. Saw all the newcomers. THEY STARTED CHOPPING OFF THE PARTS. Then suddenly, the cultist in charge of the chopping was shot in the head by someone. Then the whole prison went into chaos. I climbed over the gate---

The Rosalina boards is getting to you man.

I heard of a new anime that tackles the issues Japanese homosexuals face on a daily basis, which is about lesbian girls that... transform into space bears or some weird **** like that. I've heard it's good, but haven't really looked for it. Maybe it's the same?
Uh, no. It's something considerably less weird.

Still pretty weird but that anime you mentioned is an actual thing? Oh Japan...

Last edited:

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
Why not?

Brb, stealing this for my next escapade to get rich.

Your role in the film will be played by Etika.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
I dunno if any of y'all watched http://www.twitch.tv/62bitgaming

but Loser's Finals and Grand Finals were a total splooshfest

warmly waiting for Locke to come back with his war stories as I see he made it pretty far through losers, though I didn't see any of his matches on stream

D

Deleted member

Why not?

Top Bottom