• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Trieste SP

Smash Champion
Hey guys, going to go to a local tourney tommorow. Going bust out my (Custom) Zelda and (Custom) Wii Fit.

I'll maybe even use DDD if I feel like it. Hopefully all the time I've spent in the lab with them will pay off.

Oh, and thanks for those of you who have helped me before.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Goddamn the rolls in For Glory... Y'know, I expected more Mewtwo players, but all I've got were the usual cast of characters. Oh well... At least I'm reacting to patterns more often with how people move, but it's freaking stupid that people can get away with roll back and forth. Oh, and the whole charge Smashes and waiting for people to hit. It's stupid and it works since input lag can make it risky to rush in and punish it. Oh, and people who ditto you with the same color and trying to beat you. I had that happen today and the dude just copied me because he like practically everyone out there, doesn't know how to pick a random character to ditto and think they can win.

I should really look into that Smash scene where I live to see if there's some form of SSB4 going on and mooch off of people with Wii U's. :p

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
@ SBphiloz4 SBphiloz4 gorl you need more Rosa MU exp - rolling toward Rosa out of Luma's jab at a distance where you're gonna stop in front of her, standing around at Luma Warp distance, you seemed kind of unsure about when Luma could or couldn't attack too like after a throw you were standing there shielding forever waiting for the attack when you actually had a ton of time to dash attack Luma and kill it off (Luma can only act when Rosa can act, and because of some weird technicality with hitstun, after she gets pummeled).

Probably worth noting that ledge trump sweetspot bair is a thing on Rosalina if you're on point.

I'd have to watch the VODs again to point more things out but I feel like you would've won easily if you knew more about what you could do in the MU and what not to do to give Rosa free openings. And in spite of all that it was a really close set haha, good work gorl :4zelda:
OMG I really do need to learn the MU better. I really had no idea about that Luma thing because it seems like every time I try to combo after my Dthrow, Luma would hit me out of my combo. ; w ;

Thanks gorl. Imma take notes~

I really don't know what to do against :rosalina:smh

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
I restarted my game and got Protoman Helmet+Armor and two other things when it started up...is this something we were supposed to get for free on restart after downloading Mewtwo?

SBphiloz4

NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
@ SBphiloz4 SBphiloz4 Not enough Din's Fire and when you used it you didn't use it at a safe distance. Din's does a good job of getting rid of Luma.
I remember you telling me that Din's works wonders with Rosa, but again, I had no idea when to use Din's to get rid of Luma. Still easily my most uncomfortable MU so far in this game. I think I did a good job in the first game with the Luma killing and all, but started panicking in the next two games, especially the second game.

If there's one character that's going to always stop me in a tourney if I don't adapt, it's her. :^(

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
Gurls I'll have my first offline tournament tomorrow

I'm kinda nervous to be honest. I'm gonna go full frog and see what happens, I guess.

Trieste SP

Smash Champion

I'm kinda nervous to be honest. I'm gonna go full frog and see what happens, I guess.
The first time is always nerve wrecking. I got used to it after a while. Just stay concentrated. You'll do fine. :)

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
I remember you telling me that Din's works wonders with Rosa, but again, I had no idea when to use Din's to get rid of Luma. Still easily my most uncomfortable MU so far in this game. I think I did a good job in the first game with the Luma killing and all, but started panicking in the next two games, especially the second game.

If there's one character that's going to always stop me in a tourney if I don't adapt, it's her. :^(
We can work on the MU sometime but maybe not this weekend due to finals.

Don't be a dbag and think you're all that. Otherwise, you'll be golden and well liked.

Last edited:

SBphiloz4

NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
GOOD LUCK GORLS @ Trieste SP Trieste SP and @ FullMoon FullMoon !!

Hopefully y'all do well. Maybe better than 7th from my and @Macchiato's performances~ >uO

We can work on the MU sometime but maybe not this weekend due to finals..
Yeah, definitely not this weekend for me either. I entered today's tourney as a study break kinda thing, but I ended up going a lot farther than I thought haha.

When the month ends, we should definitely train. c:

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Curious, but does anyone know the Meta Knight vs. Rosalina MU? You can guess why I'm asking. @ warionumbah2 warionumbah2 . I can only guess that Meta Knight would be able to abuse Rosalina's hurtbox and perhaps his Side Smash against Luma, but the question is how Meta Knight gets in without getting punished by Rosalina's disjoints and Luma. Meta Knight's fairly light, right? That might be an issue as well as a good thing along with Meta Knight's multiple jumps. Eh, just thinking...

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
The first time is always nerve wrecking. I got used to it after a while. Just stay concentrated. You'll do fine. :)
Yeah keeping focus is going to be the main thing, otherwise I'm just gonna go

Don't be a dbag and think you're all that. Otherwise, you'll be golden and well liked.
Honestly I don't think I can be a dbag even if I try lol. The way my parents raised me I was pretty much made to be the nicest and most polite I could and now I have my friends say I'm too nice from time to time =V

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
Curious, but does anyone know the Meta Knight vs. Rosalina MU? You can guess why I'm asking. @ warionumbah2 warionumbah2 . I can only guess that Meta Knight would be able to abuse Rosalina's hurtbox and perhaps his Side Smash against Luma, but the question is how Meta Knight gets in without getting punished by Rosalina's disjoints and Luma. Meta Knight's fairly light, right? That might be an issue as well as a good thing along with Meta Knight's multiple jumps. Eh, just thinking...
I don't know much about those two, but I would think that MK would abuse her recovery soooo badly by hovering at the ledge and doing aerials. Rosalina might also have some juggling problems with him. But I think Rosalina might outrange him...ehh just some quick thoughts. Take with multiple grains of salt. :p

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
@ Alacion Alacion if you're still there we can do this thing. let me add you first
I added you already. Do you want customs on or off? I don't care either way.

Pregame johns I haven't touched Smash 4 for 3DS for quite some time.

Last edited:
Once you get to know your Smash buddies well, you can trash talk the hell out of them with out any hesitation. Trash talking is pretty much half the fun of competitive Smash imo. Just watch out and be sensitive to the sensitive ones, and make sure you can back up your ****. Otherwise, you'll be tagged as a big fraud (for the ****s and giggles). It's all fun and games in the end.

Only one you should be wary about are the john-happy/self-centered smashers like what @ Alacion Alacion said

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
um

I think unpatching to check something in 1.0.0 made me lose mewtwo

nevermind he's back now
weird

Last edited:

Edit: This thread is silent.... Ah well, this video may be welcoming for you guys:

Last edited:

warionumbah2

Smash Master
I'll get videos of MKs whooping Rosalinas flat ass later.

Rizen

Smash Legend
Ok, I'll make the room.

Would you rather have 2 or 3 stock?
GGs :)
Naw, that was terrible. Sorry I'm playing so wonky. I've been really stressed out and I'm shaky and fatigued. I keep doing weird stuff and thinking Link still has brawl's grab range lol.

Last edited:

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
GGs :)
Naw, that was terrible. Sorry I'm playing so wonky. I've been really stressed out and I'm shaky and fatigued. I keep doing weird stuff and thinking Link still has brawl's grab range lol.
Oh, I hope things look up for you. If you're feeling all shaky maybe you need something to eat? I get like that sometimes when I (for some reason) decide not to eat all day.

It's actually a good thing we stopped playing when we did, since just a minute after you left my power surged (dumb energy company won't fix this thing that keeps messing up -_-).

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Good morning girls. How is everyone? :4zelda:

Currently starting to do some University Work, gotta get it all done by Tuesday.
And I just saw Episode 3 of Yuki-chan Nagato. (Dammit Haruhi, don't trolley Mikuru away! She's mine! ;_; )

Top Bottom