• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
My question is this...

Why do people on FG pick characters with awful rolls KNOWING they're going to spam rolls?
....awful...rolls?

Dude do you not see how tiny she is? That roll is ****ing godlike yo.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
FML DIED EVERY SINGLE TIME BY DISABLE -> USMASH

Crappy gimmick that ended up working on me smh I suck. :///////
Typical response from anyone: "Don't get hit". :p

Anyway, challenging Mewtwo from the top, front, and perhaps the back might not be good while in the air, especially for characters with sweet-spot aerials or short range since Mewtwo's tail is a massive disjoint - it's all wiggly and ****. Mewtwo's Dair supposedly comes out at frame 15 and even though Nair is fairly fast - frame 6? -, I don't think Mewtwo has an option against Zelda's Uair even though it's slowish because it's a disjoint and rising Nair might work along with perhaps Nayru's Love.

Also, Mewtwo's freaking Dtilt spamming and Up Smash connecting so freaking well compared to a special, sassy princess. The end lag on Dtilt is almost nonexistent, it does 5%, and it sets up for a Fair or whatever. The Mewtwo didn't do it, but apparently, Nair doesn't have a landing hitbox like it did in Melee, so while there might not be a lot of end lag, Mewtwo's not going to get much out of it unlike Falco's landing Fair and I believe Pikachu's landing Bair.

Edit: One more thing, hi Phillip. :p

Last edited:

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Anyone up for some wii u matches?

In the mode to play more casually so don't expect too serious matches from me.

Dude default Palutena is so 2014

Mewtwo has Palutena's jab1 but with 2 less frames of startup, 4%, and better options off it

and his tilts aren't trash
I didn't bother buying Mewtwo because I predicted and was right about him not being a good character

My brother plans on getting him though so whatevs

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Eh, I'm still not convinced he is a bad character only after 2-3 days. I think he can still be good he has tools after all.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
... No wonder Samus is OP, omg why didn't I see this before!?
Welcome to For Glory, Ridley.

Eh, I'm still not convinced he is a bad character only after 2-3 days. I think he can still be good he has tools after all.
Mewtwo? If that's who you're talking about, people are feelin' that Mewtwo's mid tier at the very least. Talk about first impressions, huh? Remember Falc- ... *goes into depression mode*

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
I didn't bother buying Mewtwo because I predicted and was right about him not being a good character

My brother plans on getting him though so whatevs
wow you say that like you weren't fanboying over his eventual return every day since the release of brawl

it's been a looooong seven years
I knew he was going to suck but that didn't stop me; yew gorls know what I mean

There's a lot of amazing stuff about the character, but there's also a ton of bad and he has nothing against pretty much every relevant character.

Like I said earlier today though, I wouldn't put him below #30...I just wouldn't put him much higher than that either. Something as simple as getting his Melee weight back would help him out a ton, but wouldn't fix his issue of slow startup on all his moves and no approach (but would probably be enough to get me to consider him more seriously because dying at 93% to Yoshi usmash today broke my heart). I'm still holding out hope that he'll get a tweak of some sort on the 28th, along with his customs.

Also I swear his usmash is even worse at keeping people in it than Zelda's at this point :/

Last edited:

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Also I swear his usmash is even worse at keeping people in it than Zelda's at this point :/
Unless you DISABLE them smh :^)

IMO Mewtwo has lots of problems against the more aggressive and campy higher tiers, but can do VERY well against the lower tiers. As of now I think he's mid or mid-low at worst.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Unless you DISABLE them smh :^)
Not even then, unfortunately...I should probably be saving these replays but I've had so many characters fall out of disable>usmash that I've started to go for fsmash for the damage instead, despite it having way less kill power.

A Ganondorf even fell out when I was watching Da:015: play him earlier today.

SBphiloz4

NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Not even then, unfortunately...I should probably be saving these replays but I've had so many characters fall out of disable>usmash that I've started to go for fsmash for the damage instead, despite it having way less kill power.

A Ganondorf even fell out when I was watching Da:015: play him earlier today.
Wtf how come I didn't drop out of it once--

Oh wait

I was using the GAMEPAD

C-stick is a lot harder to mash on that

..... wow

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
I only use default or shiny for Greninja because those are just the ones I'm used to. The others just make Greninja look weird to me and it's a bit distracting.

I do appreciate his gray and purple palettes though, for the most part Greninja has a pretty great selection of palettes, they just don't work with me.

wow you say that like you weren't fanboying over his eventual return every day since the release of brawl

it's been a looooong seven years
I knew he was going to suck but that didn't stop me; yew gorls know what I mean
my bro is cool with Mew2

i dont rly care that much

also, ur face

I like Lucina again
stop killing me. im dying already LMAO

Also, I called the suicide hotline and I now second Zelda. I finally saw the light. If I'm already good with Fox, why the hell should I use Shulk? This worried me so I decided to use a character who's non-trivially worse than Shulk

Zelderp.

Soul.

Dear developers, please add customs in FG so that I can see the salt of HSB on name tags. pls.

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Jr. needed palette swaps, not stupid Koopalings
Making the Koopalings into alts essentially takes away from what they are as characters. Now, they're more like the red alt of Bowser Jr. with sunglasses and a different voice. Even if they ended up clogging the roster or were just Assist Trophies, they'd be more than just alts of Bowser Jr.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
There's a lot of amazing stuff about the character, but there's also a ton of bad and he has nothing against pretty much every relevant character.

Like I said earlier today though, I wouldn't put him below #30...I just wouldn't put him much higher than that either. Something as simple as getting his Melee weight back would help him out a ton, but wouldn't fix his issue of slow startup on all his moves and no approach (but would probably be enough to get me to consider him more seriously because dying at 93% to Yoshi usmash today broke my heart). I'm still holding out hope that he'll get a tweak of some sort on the 28th, along with his customs.

No, I can't agree with this at all. This is all theroy-crafting based on 2-3 days of evidence. If it was a couple weeks maybe, but barely anyone has had time to potentially find tech to fix some of these issues.

Bare in mind this isn't even fanboyism. I never like mewtwo as a character. I just find it very silly to judge an entire character in such a short amount of time. :/

But ah well. It is what it is.

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Wtf how come I didn't drop out of it once--

Oh wait

I was using the GAMEPAD

C-stick is a lot harder to mash on that

..... wow
Huh, doesn't the C-stick not work for SDI in this game? I wouldn't know, I only have 3DS...I think falling out of Mewtwo's usmash is a character or positioning thing rather than a DI thing anyway, some characters just seem to fall under the hitbox in the middle of the attack and then it's a free shield/punish before the last hit.

I'll have to start saving replays I guess (and then laugh as it never happens to me again~)

Sick elevator finish on that shulk btw, you go gorl :200:

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
Making the Koopalings into alts essentially takes away from what they are as characters. Now, they're more like the red alt of Bowser Jr. with sunglasses and a different voice. Even if they ended up clogging the roster or were just Assist Trophies, they'd be more than just alts of Bowser Jr.
The Koopalings are barely characters themselves. Most of their personality can be expressed just by their designs and voices. Nothing of value is being lost by making them alts.

SBphiloz4

NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Alright a 2-0 for me

GORLS I'M NOT 13TH FOR ONCE LOL

At worst imma be 7th.

AND I'M USING THE GAMEPAD TO PLAY WTF

This is a sign. Brb switching to the gamepad for my optimal controller. :^)

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Whats going on? I don't like twitch streams. They always lag hard for me. Really makes matches painful to watch.

Top Bottom