• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
Gamepad is really comfortable. Was my controller of choice before pro controller.

Also, made a kickass dinner, but now I'm too full to finish it. I'm so sad... It's not going to be as good tomorrow.

Edit: loving the sass walk to open games. :D

Last edited:

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Gamepad is really comfortable. Was my controller of choice before pro controller.
I do agree with it being comfortable. However, there is one fatal flaw for me with it ever since I started using it. When using the second stick, it just sometimes not even registers anything, So I end up standing there looking like an idiot because the game refuses to use a tilt/aerial.

I myself rather get a gamecube adaptor. I have plenty of GC controllers anyway that need to be put to good use.

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Whats going on? I don't like twitch streams. They always lag hard for me. Really makes matches painful to watch.
Doing an online tourney that is streamed ATM (instead of studying for final exams GG me)

Going to be 7th at worst of 28 entrants. WITH THE GAMEPAD TOO WTF

Oh yeah, better sum up my rounds. Ahem, the log.

:4charizard:vs:4sheik: Win (Opponent counterpicks Zelda lol)
:4charizard:vs:4zelda: Lose (I swear, how did I lose lol)
:4charizard:vs:4zelda:Win (2-1, moving forth)

:4charizard:vs:4ness:Lose (I switch to the queen LOL)
:4zelda:vs:4ness:Win
:4zelda:vs:4ness:Win (2-1, moving on)

:4zelda:vs:4mewtwo:Lose
:4zelda:vs:4mewtwo:Win
:4zelda:vs:4mewtwo:Lose (1-2, Sent to loser's)

:4zelda:vs:4shulk:Win
:4zelda:vs:4shulk:Win (2-0, moving on)

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
The Koopalings are barely characters themselves. Most of their personality can be expressed just by their designs and voices. Nothing of value is being lost by making them alts.
Ludwig has the most personality out of all of them because of his... hair. The thing about them is that their own designs are what makes them unique. It's the same with Mario, Daisy, Toad, and more. Without Ludwig being a magician, Morton being a powerhouse, Iggy being whatever he is, and reducing them to Bowser Jr.'s height, making them essentially be Bowser Jr. as this mischievous, Clown Car riding Koopa, they're nothing be just alts. They lose what they are as archetypes of enemies for Mario and co.; they're just another Clown Car fighter. That's the great thing about designs where you can tell a whole story just by what someone looks like. With designs, there are defining things about them like with Morton, it's his build and you can assume he's the muscle of the group. Or take someone else like Ken from Street Fighter. The red gi, long hair, and facial expression gives off this fun-loving, carefree fighter versus Ryu's more stoic, serious vibe.

Then you look at Alph and that's pretty much okay since Olimar, Alph, Louie, the President, and the rest all use Pikmin in the same way in Pikmin. Lucina and Dark Pit? Yeah, we get it, Luci masqueraded as Marth, but the difference is that Luci imitated Marth and was said to fight like Chrom (and Owain was said to do so too). Even if they used the same style of swordplay, they wouldn't be the same fighters. Luci might have favored diagonal and vertical slashes while Chrom might have favored sweeping swings that were simple and covered him. It's not even said if that's truly how Marth fought since it's been centuries since anyone seen Marth fight. As a clone, you take out who Lucina is along with who Roy is - judging from Sword of Seals's sprites, Roy was more flashy than Marth.

Dark Pit's a literal clone, but he had his own flair different to Pit. Great, fantastic, why not make Dark Pit a different character who happens to look like Pit? And we don't get that don't we. Hell, you could argue that Lucas was a different character who looked like Ness and Lucas is a different fighter unlike Dark Pit in SSB4. What happened to Dark Pit and Lucina is that they took a design and forced it onto someone else. Luci goes from being a princess from a doomed future to a female Marth while Dark Pit is just a recolor who sounds like an *** to some.

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
LUMAAAAAAAAAA

7th place, gorls. Pretty happy about my performance. :^)

Dat second game though hahahaha

Rizen

Smash Legend
The Koopalings should get their own games without Bowser or Kamek. See how they shine in the spotlight.

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
I'm thinking of picking up the pooch :4duckhunt:
I need to play a character that has hitboxes that don't work right apparently after most of Zelda's got fixed
I can never keep an avatar for more than a few days at a time smh

I'm becoming Macchi but with avatars :^(((
old school tiki though (looks 1000% better then new tiki),
anyways changing avatars a lot shouldn't be to hectic so long as you keep them with in a "theme"
and before you say anything, waifu does not count as a theme
The Koopalings should get their own games without Bowser or Kamek. See how they shine in the spotlight.

better than I expected

Last edited:

|ven|

ᵔᴥᵔ かわいい ᵔᴥᵔ
NNID
Hyuven
If I lose games 3-5 times with an avatar, I consider it bad luck after and switch LOL

Soul.

i'd like someone find me a good Pikachu avatar.
or something. I've been using Pikachu avatars on this thing for a long time now...

I'm probably going to stay with this avatar for life. I had it on for quite a while.

Random thought:

Opponent's thought process against speed Shulk:
- He's gonna use n-air. Readying my shield

What's really in the Shulk's head:
- I'll just run up to his face and grab him lol

Why is grabbing a good rush down option in this game? Seriously... Wtf Sakurai.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
@ SBphiloz4 SBphiloz4 gorl you need more Rosa MU exp - rolling toward Rosa out of Luma's jab at a distance where you're gonna stop in front of her, standing around at Luma Warp distance, you seemed kind of unsure about when Luma could or couldn't attack too like after a throw you were standing there shielding forever waiting for the attack when you actually had a ton of time to dash attack Luma and kill it off (Luma can only act when Rosa can act, and because of some weird technicality with hitstun, after she gets pummeled).

Probably worth noting that ledge trump sweetspot bair is a thing on Rosalina if you're on point.

I'd have to watch the VODs again to point more things out but I feel like you would've won easily if you knew more about what you could do in the MU and what not to do to give Rosa free openings. And in spite of all that it was a really close set haha, good work gorl :4zelda:

Why is grabbing a good rush down option in this game? Seriously... Wtf Sakurai.
I mean...if it wasn't, what's going to keep me from just holding shield every time my opponent tries to approach? It's good that there's an offensive option that beats shield because it forces other defensive options out of the opponent and beats the option that beats other aggressive actions.

Somebody find me a good Heliolisk avatar please.
tbh I love your current avatar

I took a look through pixiv just in case but didn't find anything better

Last edited:
I mean...if it wasn't, what's going to keep me from just holding shield every time my opponent tries to approach? It's good that there's an offensive option that beats shield because it forces other defensive options out of the opponent and beats the option that beats other aggressive actions.
Idk. It feels weird even until now. Eh, whatever. I guess
I like the current one too.

EDIT: I see a split/double post...
Yeah. I didn't notice until I put down my 3DS. Lol

Last edited:
Top Bottom