• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Alphatron

Smash Champion
Sadly, Helioptile was introduced a gen too late. It would have loved the 5th gen meta. RIP weather wars.
Yeah. Ninetales had one generation in OU and now its back to the pits. I know a lot of people hated them, but weather wars were one of my favorite things about Gen 5 when it came to battling with others.

Not to say that I don't use Ninetales anymore. I still do. I just get treated the same way Smash 4 metaknight players get treated.

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
I miss Brawl Sheik so much. She was a much more creative character without the ez win button known as Bouncing Fish. Having Vanish, sweetspot usmash, and sweetspot bair as her only kill moves was actually really fun. Also sliding like 96743893896 feet with DACUS was a blast, too. #plsnerfsheiktobrawllevelsSakutenapls

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Anotha keyword: think
For example the Yoshi boards mod was busy with college (and still is) and his university doesn't even have smash 4 so he had barely any need to be on smashboards much the past 4 or so months (like april-december) until they asked him finally. Posted occasionally every few weeks but not as much as other people that actively were on the board.

Was only once the responsibility was dropped in his hands that there was now a need to be on.
I'm lazy irl, but if somebody just popped by my place and said "hey we need work at Sanic, know how to cook? 8.50 an hour. No cuts and ties, just throw these on and get over here" I'd say **** yeah and start getting up everyday to keep that money/job.

Cuz I fail at interviews and crumble under pressure talking to people irl so it'd be much easier if a job slapped me in the face instead.

Not saying anything rude, just making a point.
Active depends since I think a mod could check in every now and again. That mod might not be there for everything, but that mod would be there to maintain order and encourage activity. A mod can't be there like once per year or once per month. It also depends on the board, so the Rosalina board has an active community and needs someone to prevent issues. In contrast, the Ganondorf board while active, isn't as hopped up like the Rosalina board.

The thing is that apparently, Falco was never active even in Brawl and maybe Melee. SSB4 Sheik is sort of like that too, but then you consider Skype and you know where the activity is: outside of SWF. Those places might not have dedicated mods or have a really active mod. For some places, because a mod frequents that place a lot and has power over the rest of the SSB4 forum, they might as well be considered the mod of that board. Spirst does that a lot.

Of the mods considered, I feel like I was the worst one since I never competed, I didn't know anything about frame data, and I barely and still know little about competition, techniques, and such. Not to mention that I recently joined and was part of the SSB4 Social hodgepodge. Technically, Falco didn't need and still doesn't need a mod. Not even a miracle can turn the Falco boards into something as active as the Lucina, Marth, or Yoshi boards. Greninja needed a mod more than Falco because Greninja's relevant, but Spirst and Liberation were already frequenters. I was basically the bottom of the barrel since I was the only (really) active user associated with Falco.

Last edited:

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Not 100% certain on the context of this phrase, but I have done job interviews and I am socially awkward like 99.99% of the people that play smash lol
Looking people into their eyes is a daunting task for me.
I know that feeling. I was super sheltered growing up but I think I improved a lot in the past few years by forcing myself out there and working. I'm pretty outgoing now for those that have met me but it took a lot of work and it's not totally natural to me but I make it seem that way. As for that cliché I really think showing confidence in what you do is important even if you really aren't. Just try your best and it'll come.

Unfinished Battle is missing from Gaur Plain. What were they thinking about leaving that song out? The valedictory elegy is great too even though it's not from Xenoblade.

Last edited:

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Dsmash spamming? Brawl Zelda comes to mind. Zss too.

I find Pikachus on FG spam quick attack more than anything.

Alphatron

Smash Champion
Gen 5's metagame s ****ing stupid. power creep is ***
I'm not going to deny that but I enjoyed it nonetheless. Plus, it has some of my favorite moments. A few weeks after the game came out, people were laughing at anybody using Octillery, Bidoof, or Glalie for Moody. Then not too long after that, people started screaming about how Moody broke the game and how it was impossible to play. The Drizzle and Swift swim got banned. Then Blazken. Eventually, smogon even tested dragonite and volcorona. By the time Landorus-incarnate was banned, everyone realized that smogon was just trying to ban anything that benefited hyper offense teams. It was hilarious.

I say all that and I say I enjoyed it...but running into an assist liepard on battle spot is one of my worst pokemon experiences. Priority Dark Void / Spore? Priority swagger? Foul play? It really makes me feel like forfeiting right away because the entire battle comes down to flipping coins or hoping you brought a clefable.

And somehow someway I can still cringe at things like the Rosalina boards, I just know I recall going there many months back and had a need to post how they weirded even me out.
Yep. I remember that. At the same page, some guy came out and said that the Mario and Sanic guy and sb182 were crazy, and he told you to avoid talking to them to sustain your sanity

Soul.

I'm not going to deny that but I enjoyed it nonetheless. Plus, it has some of my favorite moments. A few weeks after the game came out, people were laughing at anybody using Octillery, Bidoof, or Glalie for Moody. Then not too long after that, people started screaming about how Moody broke the game and how it was impossible to play. The Drizzle and Swift swim got banned. Then Blazken. Eventually, smogon even tested dragonite and volcorona. By the time Landorus-incarnate was banned, everyone realized that smogon was just trying to ban anything that benefited hyper offense teams. It was hilarious.

I say all that and I say I enjoyed it...but running into an assist liepard on battle spot is one of my worst pokemon experiences. Priority Dark Void / Spore? Priority swagger? Foul play? It really makes me feel like forfeiting right away because the entire battle comes down to flipping coins or hoping you brought a clefable.
Battle Spot in Gen 5 was dumb lol. Drizzle was to the point of getting banned... DrizzleSwim did yeah.
RU and UU were pretty good in Gen 5 I'd say. OU is a ****fest. Never played Ubers and LC.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Does anyone know if there is a thread that compiles Sakurai interviews?

Yep. I remember that. At the same page, some guy came out and said that the Mario and Sanic guy and sb182 were crazy, and he told you to avoid talking to them to sustain your sanity
I vaguely remember something like this happening, but not exact details. Huh.

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
Omg Zelda's dsmash in Melee was god.
OMG yesssss.

When I saw in one clip where Zelda's Dsmash had some sort of IASA in SSB4 pre-release I was praying it was Melee style IASA.

Obvs it was sorely disappointing when it was still Brawl slow. :(

On another note, I was surprised to discover that Melee Dsmash's front hit actually had a higher angle than the back hit. (30 degrees vs 20 degrees. Thanks to PM data sheets, because that move was almost straight up carbon copied data-wise from Melee into PM, aside a tiny improvement. Additionally the back hit was more powerful due to higher damage.) comparison of the hits really reminds me of Brawl LKs.

Last edited:

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Active depends since I think a mod could check in every now and again. That mod might not be there for everything, but that mod would be there to maintain order and encourage activity. A mod can't be there like once per year or once per month. It also depends on the board, so the Rosalina board has an active community and needs someone to prevent issues. In contrast, the Ganondorf board while active, isn't as hopped up like the Rosalina board.
Oh I know, was just saying when we had 0 the board was dead anyways and while we did need a mod to get rid of 4 or so threads to get rid of clutter. It took so long to the point I was just asking a higher up to clean it for us and he did.
Then we got two mods that haven't posted back here for months nor done anything while also not even playing the character.
After that first wave, the 2nd wave of mods is when the dead yoshi boards got their 3rd mod for some reason.

y not do that from the get go while also removing the other two?

The thing is that apparently, Falco was never active even in Brawl and maybe Melee. SSB4 Sheik is sort of like that too, but then you consider Skype and you know where the activity is: outside of SWF.
Mostly now in this time of age.

Of the mods considered, I feel like I was the worst one since I never competed, I didn't know anything about frame data, and I barely and still know little about competition, techniques, and such. Not to mention that I recently joined and was part of the SSB4 Social hodgepodge. Technically, Falco didn't need and still doesn't need a mod. Not even a miracle can turn the Falco boards into something as active as the Lucina, Marth, or Yoshi boards. Greninja needed a mod more than Falco because Greninja's relevant, but Spirst and Liberation were already frequenters. I was basically the bottom of the barrel since I was the only (really) active user associated with Falco.
Nah, there's worse or some that shouldn't even be mods. Hell there's still people that're mods for brawl boards.
Palutena mod mained Diddy until finally wanting to switch back to custom palutena only cause prolly hated being called a tier ***** (which he totally was since brawl days)
Little Mac Pit Dark Pitto and Jr. boards certainly don't look active enough and one of those are 2012/2014 joiners
Actually I think Neo is another new mod cause I don't remember him being on Pit and Shulk.

Again I remember being bored one night and going through all the character boards back in like december or something and at least 20+ boards had no mods until the waves started happening.

「 Derk 」

4th times the charm...
NNID
D3RK-SSB4
Switch FC
SW-6389-5985-3965
People like to complain about 5th gen but I honestly can't stand 6th gen online. 4th gen will always be my favorite. Idk what it is about d/p/pt/hg/ss but I loved the feel of those games, both in game and online. The one thing I enjoyed in 6th gen was how easy it was to communicate and set up battles. Everything else just felt wrong or awkward (megas, priority spam, knock off, no endgame, -ate abilities, etc...)

also this song is pretty awesome so I guess gen 6 wasn't a total bust. :awesome:

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
OMG yesssss.

When I saw in one clip where Zelda's Dsmash had some sort of IASA in SSB4 pre-release I was praying it was Melee style IASA.

Obvs it was sorely disappointing when it was still Brawl slow. :(

On another note, I was surprised to discover that Melee Dsmash's front hit actually had a higher angle than the back hit. (30 degrees vs 20 degrees. Thanks to PM data sheets, because that move was almost straight up carbon copied data-wise from Melee into PM, aside a tiny improvement. Additionally the back hit was more powerful due to higher damage.) comparison of the hits really reminds me of Brawl LKs.
Zelda just lol'd at offstage spacies. They needed perfect (and even more perfect) angling to not be hit by Zelda dsmash when recovering.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Actually I think Neo is another new mod cause I don't remember him being on Pit and Shulk.
He rejoined the ranks. He was a normal moderator who was in charged of smash 4 in general during the ninkia leaks, (where he was one of the main focuses).

He left due to work getting more busy and not having time and interest in the forums.

Work has been less busy for him now and he has regain interest and became character specific mod.

How do I know all this? He is my best friend. :3

Last edited:
Top Bottom