• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zelda, Shiek, or both?

n88

Smash Lord
I play as Zelda because the last time I played as Sheik, I got three-stocked by my little brother. I'm trying to learn how to play as him/her, but She has a suspicious tendency to behave like my Bowser, which is very bad. For now, I'm sticking to Zelda.

L-T!

Smash Apprentice
I mained Sheik in Melee so I know the basic layout of her attacks, but I prefer to play with Zelda. She's so much more fun. I'm starting to practice with Sheik so I'll probably have better reasoning for my choice, and a more unbias answer in a week or two.

lil cj

Smash Lord
I use both...but mostly Zelda
Sometimes I switch to Sheik after my oponent loses their first stock
Then during their last stock I'll rack up damage with Sheik and finish the job with Zelda
I like to switch it up
Zelda/Sheik=High tier
Seperately is a different story

Mr.T 07

Smash Journeyman
i posted earlier that i only use zelda. well now that i was thinking about it. i now start the match as sheik to rack up damage. its alot easier to do with her then zelda so whenever they get to a high enough percent, i knock them off the stage and change to zelda for the kill. plus, whenever they're dead, it gives me time to change back into sheik to rack up damage again and repeat the process! :)

rathy Aro

Smash Lord
I'm starting to wonder if sheik/zelda is ever useful. The whole idea behind it is really to use zelda as a way of making up for sheik's biggest problem, which is (or was) killing. But if sheik can kill reliably, earlier than Zelda can on average then the whole idea becomes a bit pointless. Well, single ftilt to upsmash works on everyone if ftilt is properly decayed and if upsmash isn't decayed it should be killing before 100 percent on most stages. Also sheik's got DACUS and I don't mean spam it like mortar slide, but learn the spacing well so you can punish or follow up with it and also kill before 100. Zelda usually kills after that percent (I think) unless she hits with LK.... and I have no idea how reliable LK is.

Can anyone with tourney experience weigh in? I like using zelda, but I don't wanna waste time switching if it doesn't help.
edit: when I say weigh in, I mean, explain what you think and why. Like if you think sheik/zelda is better in some matchups, say how a typical stock would go and how that compares to going sheik or zelda alone.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
I'm starting to wonder if sheik/zelda is ever useful. The whole idea behind it is really to use zelda as a way of making up for sheik's biggest problem, which is (or was) killing. But if sheik can kill reliably, earlier than Zelda can on average then the whole idea becomes a bit pointless. Well, single ftilt to upsmash works on everyone if ftilt is properly decayed and if upsmash isn't decayed it should be killing before 100 percent on most stages. Also sheik's got DACUS and I don't mean spam it like mortar slide, but learn the spacing well so you can punish or follow up with it and also kill before 100. Zelda usually kills after that percent (I think) unless she hits with LK.... and I have no idea how reliable LK is.

Can anyone with tourney experience weigh in? I like using zelda, but I don't wanna waste time switching if it doesn't help.
edit: when I say weigh in, I mean, explain what you think and why. Like if you think sheik/zelda is better in some matchups, say how a typical stock would go and how that compares to going sheik or zelda alone.
There's a very small percentage window where the decayed ftilt to usmash actually works......so unless you can be perfect every stock then there are going to be a lot of times where you will be letting your opponents live past 150% if you intend on going solo Sheik.

Zelda's bair is one of the more deadlier OoS options in the entire game. If you powershield any semi-laggy attack, your opponent should be eating lightning kicks.

Take for example MK. having your ftilt properly decayed for the usmash is extremely difficult as your going to have to be evading and playing hit and run for most of the match. Switching to Zelda at 100% if you have the chance is a much more prudent option than using Sheiks poor kill options after the window for the tipper has passed.

Mocha19

Smash Journeyman
I personally just go with Zelda. She's always been my favorite character, so why not? Sheik's a part of her, so I go Sheik sometimes in friendlies for fun, but usually I always just stick to Zelda.

Mark1119

Smash Cadet
Both, but I love sheik.

Zelda can get a little predictable and slow, and when you're in a pinch, I prefer Sheik's speed.

RyokoYaksa

BRoomer
BRoomer
There's a very small percentage window where the decayed ftilt to usmash actually works......so unless you can be perfect every stock then there are going to be a lot of times where you will be letting your opponents live past 150% if you intend on going solo Sheik.

Zelda's bair is one of the more deadlier OoS options in the entire game. If you powershield any semi-laggy attack, your opponent should be eating lightning kicks.

Take for example MK. having your ftilt properly decayed for the usmash is extremely difficult as your going to have to be evading and playing hit and run for most of the match. Switching to Zelda at 100% if you have the chance is a much more prudent option than using Sheiks poor kill options after the window for the tipper has passed.
Ftilt -> Usmash with Sheik isn't hard unless you get killed before you get the USmash off or mess up reeealy bad. I am including characters that are (relatively) difficult to ftilt.

MeLL0W

Smash Apprentice
I find Sheik is useful but finding the right time to switch (Due to Sheiks knockback not beign so good) is a problem cause you can't afford a Fsmash to chur face. xD
But i use both anyway.

Iceblade333

Smash Rookie
i use mainly sheik but if it is an opponent that i cant ko or zelda is a better match up i use zelda

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Both...switching between the two characters = moves refreshed.

I honestly think Sheik is better than Zelda. If only just slightly. marsulas covered most of the points. HOWEVER, Zelda does have one thing that Sheik lacks: safe kill moves. Not to mention the ability to actually kill something after predicting an air dodge.

goodkid

Smash Lord
Using both will produce better results than just one. I've just found that out by mixing Sheik/Zelda, use Sheik because she helps Zelda.

Icyo

Smash Ace
For now, I'm just going to focus on Zelda and get everything down then mix it up with Sheik.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
There are plenty of matchups where it is very beneficial to use both.

However, it is very difficult to maintain mastery with both characters, especially since both have to be played so differently.

I, myself, generally tend to use Sheik and only Sheik. However, when I find myself having difficulty getting that KO, I switch to Zelda against the likes of Snake, DDD, or Tlink who have powerful defensive games. My Zelda used to get punished hard when I rushed in too much for KO's, so I improved my Zelda to do very well in those KO-range situations and now my Zelda is pretty solid when I am looking for that KO.

I think I would use Zelda a lot more if my Zelda was better, I would transform more... but I play such an aggressive playstyle that it is hard for me to make the transition sometimes.

BMunich16

Smash Apprentice
I always use both, it doesn't feel right using just one. I tend to use shiek against lighter characters and vise versa.

Mike B

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2895-8237-0519
Zelda for anyone that's heavy and big.

Smaller faster characters = Sheik. Then Zelda for the kill

Hero.

Smash Cadet
I actually treat them as two different characters. I'll only switch if one of them is losing bad in a match.

Elder Sister

Smash Lord
:pWell in melee i used to play with sheik
but in brawl zelda seems to be stronger to my mind
i couldnt imagine to play with zelda, since sheik was very fast and strong but now im trying to play with both what is very difficult since the transformation time in brawl lasts longer than in melee so i change the character when i lost one life

Wolfric

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GoodLuckTrying
Just be smart as in when to swap, I use Zelda against G&W 'til he have 2 charges, THEN I'd swap to Sheik after smashing him away, that's helped me a lot against him for example.

You gotta know your playstyle, and know who gives you a harder time playing Zelda or Sheik, and KNOW when to swap, trust me, you'll end up WAY better than maining just 1 of them, they are not the same character for nothing.

Top Bottom