• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zelda Pride: Just An Idea

TheLake

Smash Master
Zone...):

just when things were getting good....

I will miss you dear ally

you were always the wisest zelda

its a sad day to see you go :(

We should try the Zelda Pride Idea again at RoM3. I'm glad I met Lake and Magus, especially when we played teams with that other low tier player (I forget your name, dude). The funniest stuff happened in our friendlies. Like Zelda's dair out prioritizing Ness PK Thunder self hit rocket thing.

Also, I have a pretty good camera and we should definitely take a photo of all the Melee Zelda players together. Maybe even invite the Brawl Zeldas too? Oh, wait, Revival of Melee. Let's invite the Brawl players at Pound V.

FFFFFFFFF why are there no west coast zeldas and why am I too poor to fly over for rom 3 haha
Isn't most of the west coast dominated by Fox/Falco? Zelda has an easier time vs characters like Marth, Peach, Jigglypuff, Ice Climbers, which are I think more common in the east coast.

Because of MaNg0.

PNaleek

Smash Journeyman
We should try the Zelda Pride Idea again at RoM3. I'm glad I met Lake and Magus, especially when we played teams with that other low tier player (I forget your name, dude). The funniest stuff happened in our friendlies. Like Zelda's dair out prioritizing Ness PK Thunder self hit rocket thing.

Also, I have a pretty good camera and we should definitely take a photo of all the Melee Zelda players together. Maybe even invite the Brawl Zeldas too? Oh, wait, Revival of Melee. Let's invite the Brawl players at Pound V.
lolol

I'll try to make this. Hopefully, I'll be there. Then I can finally show you guys what's up with my Bowser/Zelda. Hahah.

TheLake

Smash Master
Epsilon - It was an absolute pleasure brother! Lovin dem jabs and we gotta like play more or team or somthing

Magus - *bows* Dtilt...to uptilt, it was truley an honor to meet you sir! Way to rep white zelda ma man
very impressive

Zone

Smash Champion
I still have 1 tournament I need to go to. I already told a friend i'd team with him for Tipped off. (I forgot)

EDIT:
On another note, maybe I think Falco vs Zelda is pretty close to even. 55:45 in falco's favor. Because I'm surrounded by really good falco's in FL >.>; and it's like the only practice I get consistently.

Time for me to convert to barlw and be the best Zelda there instead.
worst plan ever. about as good as trying to travel to japan from america by kayak.

I still have 1 tournament I need to go to. I already told a friend i'd team with him for Tipped off. (I forgot)
Get recorded if you can. Share your last tournament games with us so that new Zeldas can follow in your footsteps until they make their own path to travel on.

Zone

Smash Champion
Get recorded if you can. Share your last tournament games with us so that new Zeldas can follow in your footsteps until they make their own path to travel on.
lol, ok I kinda wanna go high tier for Tipped Off because I went Zelda at CEO. But I can surely get some MM against some people recorded. It would serve the same purpose.

Also, You guys know about that european DI? That crap I saw overtriforce(I think that was his name) vs M2k where M2k Downsmashed him, and Overtriforce like crouch cancel teched it at really high% and didn't move anywhere.

I had this idea, I have no idea if it would work or not. But you know how jiggz can smash DI your F-smash into you and rest you? well what if jiggs was 80%, and you F-smash on purose only to european DI/tech it. then punish her sleeping with a kick. *Shrugs* just a thought.

Like I said dunno if that would work.

PNaleek

Smash Journeyman
EPsilon, I'm liking the name change.

And Zone, I think a good Jiggs could just DI the kick. A good Jiggs. lolmango. Anyways, if any Zelda actually got that good to be able to do that on command, that would be awesome.

EPsilon, I'm liking the name change.

And Zone, I think a good Jiggs could just DI the kick. A good Jiggs. lolmango. Anyways, if any Zelda actually got that good to be able to do that on command, that would be awesome.
How can you even practice it? I'd love to learn how to do it. I already crouch cancel EVERYTHING. So adding the tech and quarter circle DI should be the next step I think.

Cosmo!

nerf zelda's dsmash
lol, ok I kinda wanna go high tier for Tipped Off because I went Zelda at CEO. But I can surely get some MM against some people recorded. It would serve the same purpose.

Also, You guys know about that european DI? That crap I saw overtriforce(I think that was his name) vs M2k where M2k Downsmashed him, and Overtriforce like crouch cancel teched it at really high% and didn't move anywhere.

I had this idea, I have no idea if it would work or not. But you know how jiggz can smash DI your F-smash into you and rest you? well what if jiggs was 80%, and you F-smash on purose only to european DI/tech it. then punish her sleeping with a kick. *Shrugs* just a thought.

Like I said dunno if that would work.
Not gonna work, the rest knockback in 1 frame even when DI down+away and ASDI down is still going to put zelda too high up in the air to techroll out of it at any reasonable % (maybe not at 0 but i dont feel like testing)

How can you even practice it? I'd love to learn how to do it. I already crouch cancel EVERYTHING. So adding the tech and quarter circle DI should be the next step I think.
no need to do any fancy quarter circle DI or anything like that. its this simple: when you are going to be hit with a move that won't send you very high on the first frame on knockback, DI it so you will be as low as possible to the ground, while ASDI down at the same time using the C stick, and input the tech right before you get hit. you just need to hold the proper directions.

check out this old vid of me double stick teching out of jiggs uair to rest:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2_uGMIllkg#t=29s

jiggs uair sends upwards so the input was CONTROL STICK LEFT + C STICK DOWN + R

more useful than most people think. also very good against sheik's fair. though I guess you could consider it a quarter circle if you need to DI close to straight down and then want to techroll towards them / similar circumstances.

Zone

Smash Champion
Not gonna work, the rest knockback in 1 frame even when DI down+away and ASDI down is still going to put zelda too high up in the air to techroll out of it at any reasonable % (maybe not at 0 but i dont feel like testing)
ok cool, I was just wondering :D

Trying to be creative.

After Apex, my Falco game just somehow magically improved. And I almost never play Falco. Before Apex, I rarely lasered because I had bad judgement of when to laser and when not to, and I had a pretty bad spacing game as Falco. And now those problems are so fixed. I laser a lot and I laser safely. My spacing game is so on point. I can hit nairs and bairs with only the tip of Falco's legs (because at the tip, the hitboxes are slightly disjointed). I think the last 4 months of Zelda really improved my spacing game (for fairs/nairs and bairs) amazingly well and it can apply to other characters so well. I might pick up Falco as my high/top tier character instead of using Peach from now on, but I don't know. It's like every 6 months I find a new character to main.

For those of you that haven't heard yet...

DBR Presents: GENESIS 2 - July 15-17th 2011 - Antioch, California

GKInfinity and PNaleek, I'll be going. I def want to see some of the west coast Zeldas.

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
OHHHH too good! Yeah, I'll be at genesis 2 for sure. I remember seeing 1 zelda main at the first genesis and he was wrecking people but I unfortunately didn't get a chance to play him. Idk who it was either... which zelda mains went to the first genesis?

Edit: PNaleek- You should go to the merced tournament on the 11th. It's only about an hour 15 minute drive from where you live. We should team too... double zelda lol

PNaleek

Smash Journeyman
I would love to go! The hard part is getting a way there and back.. heh. My aunt probably won't want to drive an hour there and an hour back only to come to pick me up again later.
I'm still going to ask her though. -crosses fingers-

I would love to go! The hard part is getting a way there and back.. heh. My aunt probably won't want to drive an hour there and an hour back only to come to pick me up again later.
I'm still going to ask her though. -crosses fingers-
Hotel together? Although can your aunt trust a random guy on the internets...

PNaleek

Smash Journeyman
Oh that's no problem. It's getting there that's always a challenge.
If I can go to Genesis, of course! We can hotel together. Heck, all the Zeldas should room together.

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
Well I'm already rooming with other people, but pretty much everyone will be staying at the same hotel. No reason not to hang out while we're there. During Genesis 1 tons of people just went room to room playing each other

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
A zelda pride picture sounds legitttt

I wonder if Kawn's going to genesis 2? I'm pretty sure he quit smash a while ago but if he does end up going it'd be cool to get him in the picture as well

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
He's pretty old school. I'm tempted to say he was actually ranked in norcal with zelda for a short period of time, but I might just be thinking of brawl (because he was ranked in brawl for sure). Lol at this old match with it's 6 minute time limit. Not sure how it managed to get 18k views either...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jvrpRFC--M

Top Bottom