• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zelda Power Rankings *Official as of 03-10-10*

Bandit

Smash Lord
Welcome to the Official Zelda Power Rankings

The List
1. Darkmusician
2. Riot (GodAtHand)
3. Jujux
4. Veggie
*5. ScaryLB59
*5. sniperworm

*Both #5's were given ample arguments but it was unanimously decided that it was too close of a call to make at this time.

The entire ranking was unanimously agreed upon.

Criteria For the Ranking:
- 1v1 Results
- 2v2 Results
- Strength of Region
- Victories vs Well-known Smashers

The panel is set to reconvene after Apex in August to reconsider a fresh list. If anything major happens before, we will take it under consideration to make any adjustments.

This OP will be updated soon with a more graphic representation as soon as I am able to complete it (tournament johns).

Discuss!

The Panel
- Bandit
- Darkmusician
- KayLo!
- Riot (GodAtHand)
- Veggie

Half-Split Soul

Smash Lord
It seems you decided to keep DM at the top. Time to edit the FAQ part of the guide again KayLo! :p

BTW, how does the "victories vs well-known smashers" criteria apply to Europeans, in this case Jujux? I don't think you Americans can really tell who're the well-known smashers of France (or any other European country for that matter).

Bandit

Smash Lord
HSS said:
BTW, how does the "victories vs well-known smashers" criteria apply to Europeans, in this case Jujux?
It's how we could incorporate money matches, and it is considered in strength of region. I didn't include this but criteria was not equally weighted.

Including Jujux as part of the rankings was difficult because of how much we don't know about Europe, but his inclusion was unavoidable with the consistent results in large tournaments.

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
Also, it probably isn't that hard in checking out the French players through the results or even asking.

Congrats to everyone that made the list!

Bandit, Are the reasons everyone is ranked where they are, gonna be put up? I'm just curious lol.

Bandit

Smash Lord
I don't plan on putting up the reasons (also don't know if I can since we did this on Xat). Perhaps when we make changes I will.

I can tell you, in general, consistency in tournament placings was a key factor. Nobody was decided on based on one great tournament run.

AzNfinesse

Smash Journeyman
excellent power rankings!

now, to figure out a way to get some results with zelda in cali....maybe i should move back to the east coast? it seem a lot more LT friendly out there.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
You realize you don't have to post in order to convey that message to him right? Prevents unecessary spam. haha jp.

Good rankings I approve of this list cept I would have switched DM and Riot around.

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
It's cool and also this thread is looking good. hopefully it maintains!

Half-Split Soul

Smash Lord
It's cool and also this thread is looking good. hopefully it maintains!
I think you could help this by locking or at least renaming the previous thread by Mars.That place has pretty much served its purpose already, and having two power rankings threads with the word "official" in their titles is confusing to say the least.

Bandit

Smash Lord
I've been telling the panel for a week, but I finally will have time this weekend to finish the graphical representation of the Zelda PR.

I own and manage my own baseball team, am the editor of a car club newsletter, and work 40 hours a week so I have been quite busy this week due to overlapping deadlines and meetings.

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
LOL @ NL not being there.

Oh well, I can see this very much. Nice job everyone who made it. :)

MrEh

Smash Hero
Well, NL doesn't use Zelda in tournament.

But then again, 95% of the players here don't use Zelda in tournaments, so he actually could be included. lol

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
NL has used Zelda in tourney (iirc from talking to him at Pound), but I think only when he gets her on random. Or something.

Either way, he uses her as much as he uses any other character, so she only appears for like.... one match per every other tourney, lol, if that.

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
Lol, sorry to bring this back up but any updates on this?

It has been about 3 months from last update. :X

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
Uhhhhh..........I guess I did some.

Auree has been doing alright where he is.

GFox has had good placings.

DM is DM

Riot is doing singles again (YAY!)

Only ones that haven't done much are Jujux (who has big tourney in July) and Veggie (who is active, just probably been busy.)

I dunno...

EDIT: I still wanna see the graphical representation Bandit!

Yea, I haven't forgotten!!!!

LOL

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
Even though you probably not gonna be at Apex, I'm still coming for your #1 spot sir. Me and Riot have the same plan lol.

Delicious answer now makes me hungry.

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
Even though you probably not gonna be at Apex, I'm still coming for your #1 spot sir. Me and Riot have the same plan lol.

Delicious answer now makes me hungry.
That's good. I hope you both have good results this summer.
D:

I'll one day get the chance to be a contender for the #1 spot of Zelda.

....One day....

Bandit

Smash Lord
Uhhhhh..........I guess I did some.

Auree has been doing alright where he is.

GFox has had good placings.

DM is DM

Riot is doing singles again (YAY!)

Only ones that haven't done much are Jujux (who has big tourney in July) and Veggie (who is active, just probably been busy.)

I dunno...

EDIT: I still wanna see the graphical representation Bandit!

Yea, I haven't forgotten!!!!

LOL
LOL I forgot.

We agreed to meet up after APEX to re-evaluate.

Personally, Ed has really taken a step forward with his recent results now that he beat Candy who was #1 in the MD/VA Power Rankings. I've played Candy and watched him consistently place top 3 for a good 6 months in my region beating a bunch of recognizeable names, so it's something that has stuck with me ever since I saw it.

In fact, the guy running the MD/VA PR talked with me the other day and was talking about how this "random Zelda" beat Candy and it will knock him off the #1 spot in the rankings. I quickly asked who it was and he said "some guy named Ed." I laughed and pointed out that he is not "random." Rather, he's on our PR. He then pointed out that it was still a loss to a Zelda which is inexcusable. I couldn't stop laughing at that notion.

/Ed Campaign

Just had to say that, but we will get back to the rankings in August. We'll have a couple major tournaments, the MLG's, and things to consider then which is why we decided to wait that long to revisit.

MrEh

Smash Hero
A win's a win, but always remember to take it for what it's worth.

Consistency is the key here.

Bandit

Smash Lord
beating candy with zelda deserves an up i believe, regardless of whether candy was on his game or not.
I'm not sure if the win will warrant Ed moving up, but I believe it solidifies his standing. I haven't done my research like I would if I was doing a vote on the other players, but I was singing my praises on a good performance that deserved noting.

A win's a win, but always remember to take it for what it's worth.

Consistency is the key here.
You are 100% correct. Consistency was a HUGE factor in our discussions.

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
Yay I'm being campaigned lol. I gotta do more if I'm gonna pass Riot and/or DM, or anyone in front of me for that matter. Hopefully I can start knocking off some more of the FL guys lol. The state is way too good!

Top Bottom