• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Legend of Zelda Zelda MMORPG

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
I've never played nor seen anybody play World of Warcraft. Though, I did play Guild Wars for a short while and I've heard that it's basically a simplified WoW. Can anybody confirm or deny this?

I'd prefer that a Zelda MMO is a hardcore dungeon crawler, and has a heavy focus on PvE rather than PvP. Plenty of epic boss monsters should be found throughout. I think that if a Zelda MMO was done right, it would become the definitive PvE experience.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
I used to think a Zelda mmo would be so sweet. I used to love mmos, though. WoW, FFXI, etc, I played so many for so long, I realized how bad they can be, and life-killing they are. Look up Dynamis-Jeuno or something, lol. Anyways, back on topic, the problem would be storyline. A group of hylians fighting Gannon? That sounds icky, the storyline would be so flawed. Pokemon could pull this off because storyline hasn't existed for years now, but Zelda storylines have gotten better, not worse, so that would hurt it quite a bit. I didn't read everything but someone suggested Nintendo opposes mmos, but really, the Phantasy Star game is really close. They will oppose any commitment mmos like WoW though, as Nintendo seems intent on making us healthy(ier).

Spire

III
BRoomer
I've never played nor seen anybody play World of Warcraft. Though, I did play Guild Wars for a short while and I've heard that it's basically a simplified WoW. Can anybody confirm or deny this?

I'd prefer that a Zelda MMO is a hardcore dungeon crawler, and has a heavy focus on PvE rather than PvP. Plenty of epic boss monsters should be found throughout. I think that if a Zelda MMO was done right, it would become the definitive PvE experience.
WoW is totally about character customization and exploration while Guild Wars is based strongly on instances. It's not necessarily a dumbed down version, rather a game built on certain WoW elements with a focus on others.

Guild Wars 2 looks to be very similar to WoW, but better.

MarioMariox2

Smash Ace
NNID
KunehoKun
3DS FC
0748-3131-6459
The legend of Zelda.

Minus Zelda

Plus Stat building

Minus Adventuring

Plus Talking

Minus characters like Midna or Navi

Plus Generic Weapons

Minus Master Sword (cause there's only supposed to be one)

Et cetera.

This concept is very "Hit or Miss". But for Nintendo, what isn't nowadays. (Though Nintendo always hits, yay!)

zaneebaslave

Smash Journeyman
They always "Hit"?

*thinks about "imagine: Babyz", "imagine: teaching", "Littlest Petshop", "Red Steel", "Pajama Sam", etc.*

and the worst part is... they actually spelled "Babies", "babyz".... Who does that?

Spire

III
BRoomer
They always "Hit"?

*thinks about "imagine: Babyz", "imagine: teaching", "Littlest Petshop", "Red Steel", "Pajama Sam", etc.*

and the worst part is... they actually spelled "Babies", "babyz".... Who does that?
Well, those aren't exactly Nintendo games.

Kingdom Come

Smash Lord
@Shimazu

No way in hell should it be player vs ganon. If anything it should be the imprisoning wars, or it could be during the great flood and you could fight off pirates or something.

MarioMariox2

Smash Ace
NNID
KunehoKun
3DS FC
0748-3131-6459
@Shimazu

No way in hell should it be player vs ganon. If anything it should be the imprisoning wars, or it could be during the great flood and you could fight off pirates or something.
Agreed, you're not supposed to beat an MMORPG.

finalark

SNORLAX
the classes could be adventurer, farmer, and shopkeeper- universal classtypes.
Um... question: How are "Farmer" and "Shopkeeper" unviseral classtypes?

Okay, in an MMORPG here are your basic classes:

Tank (Guy who keeps the monsters busy while other dudes wack 'em)

DPS (Damage per. second. Rapidly dealing damage in small amounts over a peroid of X seconds, ranged or otherwise)

Nuker (Usually a spellcaster who runs out of mana quickly, but can pretty much cause mass genocide just by blinking, usally die in like, one hit though)

Healer (Speaks for itself)

And then from there they usally just have variants on these.

Kingdom Come

Smash Lord
Wow forgot about this one.

And dude, Tanker, Nuker, Healer, and DPS are actually classes that's what you are based on your stats, skills, and character.

A class would be like

Hylians & Kakariko ppl:
Knight A.K.A. Warrrior
Priest
Sorceress (Female)
Rogue (M/F)
Necromancer (Evil)

Gorons: - All Male
Wrestler A.K.A. Warrior
Sorcerer

Zora:
Royal Guard A.K.A. Warrior
Rogues
Sorceress (Female)

Kokiri:
Scout (M/F)
Druid

Gerudo: - All Female
Assassin
Priestess (Good)
Witches (Evil)

Some classes can only be good and some can only be bad. Some can be either/

Spire

III
BRoomer
I just remembered this huge spreadsheet that Skyler and I were working on regarding a Zelda MMORPG. If I can find it and present it in good fashion, I'll get it up here.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Hehe like I said, when I find it, I'll put it up. We started a couple charts for classes and armor/weapon types. I think we were working on a complete overhaul when we gave up on the idea.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
The project started before this forum was made ;_; Sorry dude.

I hope Spire can find the document, because I can't. I'm not sure if it survived the transition between my old computer to my new one. It was super cool, and if we cleaned it up a bit, I'd love to share it.

Kingdom Come

Smash Lord
Oh yeah definitely. I just meant I think I am the only one who might feel as strongly as you do about this, maybe even more.

Dude, we can start from scratch. I would love to help build up something.

Master Sword: Sword of evil's bane. Only usable by Link.
Strength-1337
Speed-1337
Durability-1337 of 1337
Magic-1337

See?

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
Hylians should be able to trample Kokiri using horses. :p

Spire

III
BRoomer
I think there is a better chance of this game being made than of an actual live action movie.
There's a better chance of Zelda being converted to any and all game genres before a movie is made as of right now.

Ganonsburg

Smash Lord
There's a better chance of Zelda being converted to any and all game genres before a movie is made as of right now.
Control Ganon in an RTS? Heck yes. Knowing Nintendo's knack for strategy/puzzles, it would (hopefully) be way better than Microsoft's attempt with the Halo franchise.

:034:

Top Bottom