• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zelda future high-tier?

Pubik Vengeance

Smash Journeyman
I know Zelda was so-so in Melee (I always thought she was fairly underrated), however it seems apparent she got buffed in Brawl.

Do you guys think she is gonna be high-tier in Brawl? because I've been having difficulties against her a bit.

Also, sorry if this has been posted, I really did look to see if it has been posted, but I don't frequent the Zelda forums and didn't look that long...

S2

Smash Lord
It is unknown where in the tier list she's going to be.

She certainly is a good character this time around, that's for sure. But the tier list will reflect which characters are being played and winning in tournaments.

We don't know where certain characters are going to be in a few years either, Melee changed a lot and the tier list reflected that as players got better and ATs were found.

Also, keep in mind that Zelda has gotten a little more popular, but not wildly popular despite her buffs. Many of the people on this board are the same ones who were lurking on the Zelda Melee boards.

If Zelda's aren't winning tournaments and the back room doesn't have Zelda advocates who legitimately feel she's worthy of being high tiered, I wouldn't be surprised if she only places moderately well (that might be where she deserves to be ultimately).

Time will tell. If anything, most of the people on this board are fans of the character herself, not the tier placement. The fact that she's much better this time around is icing on the cake.

As with Melee's tier list, ultimately the top half of the list will be pretty accurate and the bottom half will probably always be debated (since the bottom half will have few tournament players to really measure them accordingly - this isn't the fault of anyone, simply its harder to judge exact placements of characters who get less tournament play).

My guess is that Zelda is good enough where despite popularity she'll be high enough in tiers that her spot won't be super debated, it'll make sense given the matchups. As opposed to Melee, where despite an agreed tier list, there was still debate amongst dedicated players over Zelda/Bowser/M2/Pichu's placement amonst the worst 4. Not that it mattered much.

goodkid

Smash Lord
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=153978

It's too early to discuss tiers. I'm struggling with my inner cynic to keep from being cruel, but...

... no more of these threads. Please.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Zelda is good, but it really dosen't matter. The characters are relatively balanced, and it won't matter as much in this game because its mind-gamed oriented.

Anyways, it seems like all the characters in Brawl will be tourney-viable.

Top Tier
Marth
MetaKnight
G&W
Rob
Snake
Toon Link

High Tier
Pit
Olimar
Lucas
King DeDeDe
Pokemon Trainer
Falco
Kirby
Wolf
Wario

Middle Tier
Zelda

sFoster

Smash Journeyman
lol, you are either a troll or don't know anything about zelda for placing some of those people above her haha

goodkid

Smash Lord
lol, you are either a troll or don't know anything about zelda for placing some of those people above her haha
No, this is based on current Brawl tourney results. Most of these characters have won tourneys, and we all know that Zelda is good, but Zelda has not consistantly placed high in tourneys yet.

Check them out for yourself: http://smashboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=119

Kai_

Smash Journeyman
I wouldn't think Zelda is top tier; that's a bit inflated.

She's gotten some big improvements though; enough to potentially place her above her counterpart Sheik.

Luthien

Smash Ace
Most of these characters have won tourneys, and we all know that Zelda is good, but Zelda has not consistantly placed high in tourneys yet.
*Facepalm*

This is why it's too early! "Consistantly" placed high in tourneys? There is no "constant" yet! The game has been out for what, a month? Please, like Drake, I was so hoping that the Zelda forum would be spared this fad. I don't want to see any more estimated tier lists until Brawl at least has a metagame.

Lucrece

Smash Apprentice
No, this is based on current Brawl tourney results. Most of these characters have won tourneys, and we all know that Zelda is good, but Zelda has not consistantly placed high in tourneys yet.

Check them out for yourself: http://smashboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=119
Has it ever occurred to you that such results are also skewed by the number of players that play each character? For all intents and purposes, Yoshi could be a monster of a character, yet he'd be listed in the bottom tiers due to such minimal, if nonexistent, representation.

Half-Split Soul

Smash Lord
*Facepalm*

This is why it's too early! "Consistantly" placed high in tourneys? There is no "constant" yet! The game has been out for what, a month? Please, like Drake, I was so hoping that the Zelda forum would be spared this fad. I don't want to see any more estimated tier lists until Brawl at least has a metagame.
Has it ever occurred to you that such results are also skewed by the number of players that play each character? For all intents and purposes, Yoshi could be a monster of a character, yet he'd be listed in the bottom tiers due to such minimal, if nonexistent, representation.
These two post... I have nothing to add.

S2

Smash Lord
Not only has the game been out less than a month stateside, but representation for certain characters is low, despite they're actual abilities.

My point is, a tier list based on 4 weeks worth of tournies isn't valid results. Especially when character choices are skewed due to the appeal of trying new characters.

Also, Snake? Seriously, above say Olimar or Pit? At the current level of play, that's really not accurate. No tier list is going to be accurate beyond vague predictions of who players think will be good.

goodkid

Smash Lord
Of course my list is not right, they were in no particular order, and I was just putting up where characters where most likely going to be. Most of the characters will be up there on the list, and there is still room for more and for characters to be moved around. That was not an official list and what I meant was that those chars, are most likely going to be top or high tier.

Darkmusician

Smash Master
I know Zelda was so-so in Melee (I always thought she was fairly underrated), however it seems apparent she got buffed in Brawl.

Do you guys think she is gonna be high-tier in Brawl? because I've been having difficulties against her a bit.

Also, sorry if this has been posted, I really did look to see if it has been posted, but I don't frequent the Zelda forums and didn't look that long...
I say if Zelda fits your play style then just go for it. Buffs, nerfs or tiers shouldn't matter.

And just for the record Zelda wasn't so-so in Melee nor was she underrated. She was actually pretty horrible. She was very easy to over power and kill.

rampant_apart

Smash Apprentice

Too early to talk about tiers. [/thread]

Zone

Smash Champion
^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Zelda is good, but it really dosen't matter. The characters are relatively balanced, and it won't matter as much in this game because its mind-gamed oriented.

Anyways, it seems like all the characters in Brawl will be tourney-viable.

Top Tier
Marth
MetaKnight
G&W
Rob
Snake
Toon Link

High Tier
Pit
Olimar
Lucas
King DeDeDe
Pokemon Trainer
Falco
Kirby
Wolf
Wario

Middle Tier
Zelda
Dunno where you get ur info, but From what I've seen Brawl is far from balanced. If you don't got a good projectile at the moment, to force your enemy to come to you so you can bait their attacks or out projectile them, your in for one heck of a ride.

Wolf is Gay.

[Just a funny tidbit]
My friend laid a mine as snake (Down smash), and tripped Immediately after, and killed himself. Costed him the match.

Top Bottom