• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zelda Franchise Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sharkarat

Gibdo Knight
3DS FC
3754-7599-5366
Desintregrate/Warp, Energy ball, Energy field. those just sound like she would be a Zelda clone.

Hair+Wolf Link could potetially be at least somewhat unique.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
About who are you talking?

A 3rd Link is as redundant as a 3rd Zelda.

Impa is still the best option.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Well desintegrating is more of a visual uniqueness, when dodging (like Mewtwo dispearing in his air dodge). I agree that the warp is indeed similar to Zelda. The energy orb can be used differently, by the way. I wonder how her energy field can work in smash.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Midna has had her chances. Just because this game follows Twilight Princess in it's design don't suddenly expect Midna to become playable now. Especially not with Wolf Link. I mean, c'mon.. 3 Links? Guess it's not as bad as 4 Zeldas what everyone seems to suggest but still...

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
Impa, Tingle, Vaati, Tetra

Those are the four I see having a chance. I don't see Sakurai going for Toon Zelda or Toon Ganondorf because he really doesn't have a reason to. The toon/young aspect of Link is all he's ever stated needing two of. Add that on top of the fact that they aren't very original in the game where Sakurai seems to be constantly dishing out original ideas. As to Midna, she's another one shot character and even then she doesn't have the bonus of being in either of the last 2 Zelda games. Same goes for Zant. Skull kid is an assist. Ghirahim is still a one shot and slowly fading in popularity as time puts more and more distance between Smash and Skyward Sword.

Sobreviviente

Smash Lord
Impa is far more than 'the Toad of Zelda'. Impa actually has importance in the plot. Which is far more than Toad did in Super Mario games. Not to say they are not comparable, cause they are but Impa is a lot more important overall, mainly due to her competence. :rolleyes:She actually CAN protect Zelda if Link is not around. Can't say the same about Toad and Peach.
Mainly because mario doesnt take the plot too serious in first place, of course impa is more developed.
And you are talking about toad as a specie, not The Toad character. Peach takes care of herself when The Toad is around, she doesnt need anybody to begin with.

btw, the toads as a specie are supposed to be funny and useless, unlike the hyrule forces who are just useless... and at least the Toads try to help you, while the forces of hyrule are waaay too bussy dying.

- -
Tetra is only redundant when comes to the transformation gimmick, but she is a toon character, further more, basically, she is sheik taking the lead over zelda, and that alone is a real and refreshing change to the character (more than Toon Link at least).

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
How would you guys feel if this guy became a playable character?

After all, he's proven in the past he has special powers. He can distinguish Link even as a Wolf and can clear the Cave of Ordeals.​
Ugh, Tilty!!

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I'd like to see Vaati the most. I'm always up to play as the Bad Guys in Smash. And he's the only other bad guy in Zelda that was important in more than one game. Tetra would be a good choice too. But no Zelda character is all that likely to be honest.

Well, maybe a certain someone. They showed up recently too. And someone on the boards are very vocal about their inclusion. I'm talking about Tingle of course.

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
Zelda may be one of Nintendos biggest franchises, but it's slim
Pickings for major characters. Ideally, all we really need is Link Zelda and Ganondorf. Toon Link is a nice extra.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Ganon, Ridley, and to a lesser degree Bowser could make up the "large" echelon of characters. I'd love Ganon and I believe he's totally viable. We have two Links and two Zeldas, why can't we have two Ganons?

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Hmm... Maybe if Tetra made use of some of Toon Link's tools like the grappling hook.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Hyrule really is about strange people. That is what makes the Zelda games so much fun is interacting with the bizarre citizens.

We have Link, Zelda, and Ganondorf representing the triforce.

Sheik while also a good representation for the Wisdom attribute that Zelda possesses, also represents the Sheikah lore which has some presence in several of the games.

Tingle would represent the extreme wackiness that Hyrule is really all about.

TeamFlareZakk

I have a Zelda item idea, how about the Skull Mask, what does it do?

It makes you look like a monster!

In fact instead of just the Bunny Hood, they should put all the Happy Masks from OoT in.

They could have some sort of effects too, but we won't know until we use them, just because they did nothing in OoT doesn't mean SSB wouldn't add some sort of effect.

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
Include Navi as a playable character, so I can beat the **** out of that annoying fairy.

dimensionsword64

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3609-1605-6649
Reasons for Vaati
Unique
Only recurring villain besides Ganon and Twinrova
Relevant because of Four Swords Anniversary Edition
Popular

TeamFlareZakk

I have to say it because of my Avatar, how about Aviel or Nabooru, Gerudos rule!

Wegenbarth

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3609-1252-6127
I hierd dat dimensionsword64 likez Mudkipz Waati, is dis true?

Ontopic:
For me, I would feel displeased if Ghirahim is a newcomer. Its like as if Zant was a Newcomer in Brawl.
Vaati would be acceptable for me, since he appeared in some more games.

I'm also content with Diddy's Waifu (Impa) for obvious reasons, even though I hope not as a Shiek replacement if she is the only Zelda newcomer, since she wouldn't be a newcomer at all.

The one who deservers it the most in my opinion are Tingle and the MaskSalesman, their weird- and creepyness conquered my heart. <3

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
I have to say it because of my Avatar, how about Aviel or Nabooru, Gerudos rule!
Gerudos are awesome... I'm sad that they didn't really make it to the big leagues like the Zora and Gorons. Even if they are 100% just desert Amazons, heh. They would look great with modern 3D graphics.

I feel like Kuome and Kotake (Twinrova, Ganondorf's Godmothers) would make fun Assist Trophies.

dimensionsword64

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3609-1605-6649
I hierd dat dimensionsword64 likez Mudkipz Waati, is dis true?

Ontopic:
For me, I would feel displeased if Ghirahim is a newcomer. Its like as if Zant was a Newcomer in Brawl.
Vaati would be acceptable for me, since he appeared in some more games.

I'm also content with Diddy's Waifu (Impa) for obvious reasons, even though I hope not as a Shiek replacement if she is the only Zelda newcomer, since she wouldn't be a newcomer at all.

The one who deservers it the most in my opinion are Tingle and the MaskSalesman, their weird- and creepyness conquered my heart. <3
Dis is true.

Ontopic:
My most wanted Zelda newcomer is Vaati, then Twinrova. They are both recurring main villains that are unique and have lots of moveset potential.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Call me weird but Vaati is probably the only villain I don't like. And probably the only Zelda important character I don't like. I don't hate... but he is "meh" for me.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Well, he does have some uniqueness, but I don't really like his motives as a villain. It's too much "being bad is cool. I'll be bad". Even if every villains end up wanting world domination, I really like what drives Yuga or Xanto Zant (damn French name for Zant). Even Ghirahim, even if it's a bit cliché. I like the word "even".
It's not a bad character, by the way! And I agree his final form is cool.

dimensionsword64

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3609-1605-6649
I just really like Vaati for some reason. He stands out to me from the other villains.

Although Yuga's also pretty cool.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Well, it's taste. My personal favorite villain is Zant.

The thing with the Zelda franchise is that it's quite like pizza: even if it's not of your taste, it's still pretty good! :awesome:

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Exactly right! Like I don't necessarily want Ghirahim in Smash, but I still think he's a cool character.
Well, as a Smash character (we are here for that, after all), my personnal pick would be Midna. Maybe with Wolf Link (it's not like Mario/Dr Mario bothered us in the past).

It's because sidekicks are a big part of the Zelda games, at least since Ocarina of Time. But... For some reasons, I don't see Navi/Taya/the Red Lion or Fi as a character. Especially the Red Lion. We have the hero, the damsel not so in distress, the helping character, the villain and the clone. To me, it's just missing the sidekick.
That's why I'd want Midna. Also, because of dat ***

dimensionsword64

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3609-1605-6649
Well, as a Smash character (we are here for that, after all), my personnal pick would be Midna. Maybe with Wolf Link (it's not like Mario/Dr Mario bothered us in the past).

It's because sidekicks are a big part of the Zelda games, at least since Ocarina of Time. But... For some reasons, I don't see Navi/Taya/the Red Lion or Fi as a character. Especially the Red Lion.
What are you talking about? Red Lion would be amazing! :troll:

Seriously though, that's a good point. The only problem that I have with that is I feel MIdna is an old character which I think makes it so she doesn't have priority over one of Zelda's many villains.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom