• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zelda Franchise Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
So far we have:

Playable:

Link
Zelda
Toon Link
Sheik (as a seperate character)

Assist Trophies:

Skull Kid
Tingle
Midna

I still think Ganandorf likely to be playable (just hoping that he has a unique moveset this time) and if there were another character from the Zelda franchise I would like to see playable, I would say Impa or Ghirahim.

Last edited:

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
No more Links. No more Zeldas. No more Ganon(dorf)s.

Impa, Vaati or bust.

Everybody else is either redundant or a 1-shot villain.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
If Vaati isn't gonna show up in Hyrule Warriors, I think his fate is doomed. It would be the perfect time to bring him back I feel. But yes, Impa I feel is the most likely. And am happy people finally have come to this conclusion.

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
If Vaati isn't gonna show up in Hyrule Warriors, I think his fate is doomed. It would be the perfect time to bring him back I feel. But yes, Impa I feel is the most likely. And am happy people finally have come to this conclusion.
Hyrule Warriors doesn't have any part to deal with Smash 4, I believe Smash 4 was too late in developement to even consider anything Hyrule Warriors, especially when Dynasty Warrior's games generally have a low developement time. He also has no way of appearing in Hyrule Warriors even if it wasn't too late, as I don't recall him being in OoT, TP, or SS.

smashingDoug

Smash Lord
Hyrule Warriors sadly only seems to be focused on OOT TP and sigh SS.

Last edited:

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
It's confirmed that Hyrule Warriors will have characters, weapons and scenarios as DLC. Maybe it's a good time to include characters from other games.

But to me, they choosed this 3 games to keep some visual coherence.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Characters will be DLC to? That's quite good news. Am thinking we'll probably see Toon Link and Tetra if that's the case before anyone else. As for DLC costumes, am hoping for Skyward Sword Impa and Ocarina of Time Impa. They seem obvious. Also would like to see Ocarina of Time Sheik, and a Smash-inspired Sheik (Brawl or SSB4). Classic Link and OOT Young Link could also potentially be DLC costumes for Toon Link.

Anyway, speaking of Smash, I still see Impa as most likely.

Ghirahilda

♥Smash Beauty♥
NNID
Marcelinho21
WIth our fabulous Ghirahim being an AT, Now we have 5 possibilities:

Toon Zelda
Impa
Tetra
Vaati
"Curve Ball" - (Mask Salesman, Great Fairy, etc someone nobody expect)

It's pretty impressive the amount of Zelda ATs that we have:
Tingle
Midna
Skull Kid
Ghirahim
Four potential characters for newcomers... and three of them are one-shoot

I really don't know what to say at this point...

Toon Zelda would be for sure a Zelda clone now, since Zelda have phantom has one of her moves...
Tetra, I really don't even know what to say, I think that with transformation gone she can easily lost to Toon Zelda
Impa is a great one, (but please don't use Hyrule Warrios for reference to her moveset, I want something that could REALLY represent her in Zelda main series)
Vaati is the more unique of them, but relevance could be a problem?

And I secretly want Great Fairy

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
At this point, i think we can really only hope for an impa alt costume for sheik, sakurai has already missed too many good opportunities to add newcomers for the zelda franchise. I dont even have faith that ganondorf will have been overhauled anymore, there is a lot of tradition sticking as it is and he might be another casualty.

smashingDoug

Smash Lord
WIth our fabulous Ghirahim being an AT, Now we have 5 possibilities:

Toon Zelda
Impa
Tetra
Vaati
"Curve Ball" - (Mask Salesman, Great Fairy, etc someone nobody expect)

It's pretty impressive the amount of Zelda ATs that we have:
Tingle
Midna
Skull Kid
Ghirahim
Four potential characters for newcomers... and three of them are one-shoot

I really don't know what to say at this point...

Toon Zelda would be for sure a Zelda clone now, since Zelda have phantom has one of her moves...
Tetra, I really don't even know what to say, I think that with transformation gone she can easily lost to Toon Zelda
Impa is a great one, (but please don't use Hyrule Warrios for reference to her moveset, I want something that could REALLY represent her in Zelda main series)
Vaati is the more unique of them, but relevance could be a problem?

And I secretly want Great Fairy
well what could they do for a impa move set we never seen her fight only once in SS and didn't she lose. so unless sakurai is felling creative like her did with zelda. its either a clone of sheik or Hyrule Warrios

Speculator

Smash Ace
With so many written off Impa is the most likely, which means we probably aren't getting a Zelda newcomer. Pretty much the main drawback of the Zelda/Sheik split.

Cpt.

Smash Lord
I think Ganandorf is still pretty likely (just hoping that he has a unique moveset this time) and if there were another character from the Zelda franchise I would like to see playable, I would say Impa or Ghirahim.
LOL go edit that buddy

Last edited:

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
Agreed. The character that I'm concerned the most with is ganondorf. If Ganondorf doesn't change from Brawl then he might as well get cut and replaced with a different villain. I highly doubt it'll happen though now that we have custom move sets. Ganondorf's warlock punch might get changed and added to C. falcon's custom specials.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom