• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zelda Franchise Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
No, the FSA is the different one. TP is the same Ganon as OoT, WW, ALttP, and Zelda 1, just in a different universe.
Really? Could have sworn they were different.

volbound1700

Smash Master
So I picked up and played my original NES Adventures of Link last night. Within an hour and a half I played through one game of three lifes and beat the 1st palace, went and got the hammer, and beat the second palace. I lost my final life in the 3rd palace (I lost 1 life in a fall that hurt my chances).

I ended this game with lvl 6 life, lvl 5 magic, and lvl 5 attack.

Probably not the best run all time but it has to be up there.

volbound1700

Smash Master
OOT is Ganon's start. The time line splits so although it is the same person, it is him in a different universe.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
You know, one thing always bothered me. How come those Sages in TP could capture Ganondorf to sentence him to death?

volbound1700

Smash Master
Diddy, I always thought that story followed shortly after OOT and that Link had beaten Ganon and he was turned over to the Sages to judge.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Except in FSA. Hyrule Historia confirms it's a reincarnation, NOT the same Ganon as the other games.
So I guess that means that we can see Ganondorf again in the Wind Waker timeline.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
So I guess that means that we can see Ganondorf again in the Wind Waker timeline.
It's a possibility, though as stated the FSA Ganon is not the same as in TP(they share a universe), so a future WW-timeline Ganon wouldn't have memory of what happened in WW.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Aren't they the same person, just with a different body?

It's a reincarnation, which means they have the same soul.

Does it specifically say reincarnation? Because in Zelda 2 it seems his followers have rituals that can summon him back into the world of the living

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Does it specifically say reincarnation? Because in Zelda 2 it seems his followers have rituals that can summon him back into the world of the living
Yes, in Hyrule Historia it specifically says reincarnation. If you play FSA, it's made clear that this Ganondorf is entirely new.

DoubleAgentXies616

Smash Rookie
Ok, whoever STILL THINKS Toon Link is not as relevant anymore, has not heard of the upcoming Wind Waker Remake for Wii U.
I believe Toon Link will return, I think they shouldn't fix what isn't broken!
That means sticking with the Zelda/Sheik combination (Sheik was a top in Melee and was hard to master in Brawl), and Ganondorf cannot possibly be taken out, being the main antagonist.

Or if Ganon were to be taken out, maybe to be replaced with Girahim? I would HATE to see that happen but it could happen.
Or maybe Vaatii? Not everyone who knows about TLOZ knows him, but Nintendo can do some weird choices!

Still, I think all triforce characters ought to stay, obviously updating the Adult Link to his most recent version. And PLEEEEASE, making him and the rest of the triforce chars strong AGAIN.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Toon Link would be more flavorful if he had all new special moves (items from his games).

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Ok, whoever STILL THINKS Toon Link is not as relevant anymore, has not heard of the upcoming Wind Waker Remake for Wii U.
Those who say that Toon Link is irrelevant need to do their own research. Then again, what exactly is "character relevancy?"

Out of the 16 Zelda games, 7 have the cel-shaded Link. Doing the math, 7/16 = 43,75%... that's little less than half of the entire franchise (excluding remakes, except ALttP remake for GBA due to having Four Swords as a multiplayer mode).

Besides, Sakurai always defended that it wouldn't feel right to not have a younger Link. Considering we're getting a Wind Waker remake, I think Toon Link's chances may be better than some think.

And it's not like he can't be unique from Link... he could have Bombchu, the Whip, Deku Leaf, Skull Hammer and many other items from his games.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I uncovered a disturbing piece of evidence from Toon Link's Dojo Page:

Those who have played Link should enjoy playing Toon Link, too. As a rule, the special moves are the same.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Yeah well Skyward Link shouldn't use a boomerang, and Toon Link cannot use Skyward Strike. Hopefully that makes things a little different for them.

Also, the Hurricane Spin varries a lot from regular Spin Attacks, and Toon Link could use elemental arrows as well.

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
My opinion
Link, Zelda, Ganondorf, and Toon/Young/Kid Link will make a return.

I don't believe there will be any playable additions but if I was a betting man this would be my chances.
Tingle > Impa > Toon variations > Other reoccurring character (King of Hyrule, Kome/Kotake, The Goddesses, etc...) > One shot favs (Skull Kid, Darunia, etc...)

Side note how did Kome and Kotake appear in Oracle of Ages/Season when they clearly died in OOT?

Anyways, this isn't to say that you may see recent characters appear as assist trophies. Ghirahim and Groose might show up as an AT. This is just practical and not a dream team. I certainly do ot wish for Tingle to be in it but he does seem the most likely out of all the character of the Zelda Universe.

Sharkarat

Gibdo Knight
3DS FC
3754-7599-5366
My opinion

I don't believe there will be any playable additions but if I was a betting man this would be my chances.
Tingle > Impa > Toon variations > Other reoccurring character (King of Hyrule, Kome/Kotake, The Goddesses, etc...) > One shot favs (Skull Kid, Darunia, etc...)
I agree with that, but personally I would add Vaati.
Tingle > Impa > Vaati > Toon variations > Other reoccurring character > One shot favs

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
How does Ganondorf come back a thousand times despite being killed by Link? :troll:
Well one Ganondorf has the Triforce of Power and essentially a god. He can be stabbed in the face and still talk to you like it was just a mere flesh wound. When he does die he requires the blood of Link to resurrect himself (feature in Zelda 2). Its possible that Links from different ages were killed by followers of Ganon which made him revive. This doesn't count the times he was simply imprisoned like in OOT.

I agree with that, but personally I would add Vaati.
Tingle > Impa > Vaati > Toon variations > Other reoccurring character > One shot favs
I kinda position Vaati with the "other reoccuring character" section though I feel he hasn't really stood out as a main villain. Though the only game I've played him in was Four Swords Adventures and he didn't stand out that much to me. I certainly don't have enough information about him to know where he stands.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I kinda position Vaati with the "other reoccuring character" section though I feel he hasn't really stood out as a main villain. Though the only game I've played him in was Four Swords Adventures and he didn't stand out that much to me. I certainly don't have enough information about him to know where he stands.
Vaati was the main villain for Minish Cap and both of the Four Swords games. He's only beaten by Ganon for number of appearances.

If you're not sure, do some research. You're already on the internet.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
ZeldaWiki is a good place to start for those who don't know much about the series or haven't played a particular game. I think it's a one of the more complete wikis of all I found on the internet.

Sharkarat

Gibdo Knight
3DS FC
3754-7599-5366
He probably stand out more as a main villain in the other two where he actually is the main villain and not just second to ganon. Atleast I feel that he is more important than other "other reoccuring characters".

And the the only toon variation i realy think has a chance is Toon Zelda/Sheik/Tetra, but I don't know where I would put her likehood except somwhere between Vaati and higher than Tingle.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
You want to know more about Vaati? Play Minish Cap. You'll learn to love him. :awesome:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I think Impa is way more likely than Tingle. Or any other potential newcomer whatsoever for the Zelda series.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom