• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zelda Franchise Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still think Ghirahim (Skyward Sword) should be playable while Groose w/ Groosenator (Skyward Sword), Spirit Toon Zelda (Spirit Tracks), and Epona (Ocarina of Time 3D) are the Zelda ATs.

We will get many more ATs this time.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
If Ghirahim gets to be playable, Impa is all the more likely. Just sayin'.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
And suddenly after the last post, nobody came in here. Yet a group of certain men insissted on trolling the Impa thread, purely cause I was stating Dr.Mario is the worst character rehash the Smash games ever had. :rolleyes:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Don't expect Ghirahim and Sheik at the same place. That's all I'm saying.

Ove

Smash Journeyman
Impa has more history than Ghirahim and she has appeared just as recently as Ghirahim. Why anyone would think that Ghirahim would be chosen before Impa is beyond me.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Because Sakurai doesn't care about what nerds think is important.

"SO SHE APPEARED IN AN INSTRUCTION MANUAL IN 1986, WHO GIVES A **** MAN?!"

Zuby

Smash Journeyman
I won't be surprised if we don't see any new Zelda characters. My betting money is on exactly the same line-up, but with tweaked designs and movesets.

And frankly I think Impa and Ghirahim would be pushing their luck to be Assist Trophies.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Sheik is still not likely however. They could also just remove Sheik without adding Impa if you'd prefer...? :rolleyes:

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
I won't be surprised if we don't see any new Zelda characters. My betting money is on exactly the same line-up, but with tweaked designs and movesets.
After two games with no new additions (baring a young link) Zelda character representation is easily due for a little change up at this point. It just remains to be seen how it will happen, and who they will go with.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
After two games with no new additions (baring a young link) Zelda character representation is easily due for a little change up at this point. It just remains to be seen how it will happen, and who they will go with.
I tend to disagree. Quite frankly, the only characters Zelda really needs are Link, Zelda, and Ganondorf. There's nobody else in the series that really reaches that level of importance. So I don't think that the Zelda roster really needs to change all that much. Only way I could see another character being "needed" is if we start seeing a lot more of Vaati, which I doubt we will.

Still say Ghirahim, because Skyward Sword would practically be where they draw the most from. For Link and Zelda, that works. But Gannondorf can't and thus they need a villain specifically for them.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Why do you guys even bother arguing anymore?

Is it to be able to say, "I told you so," somewhere down the road? If so, man, I guess... I can't do this anymore though. I still support Impa over any other Zelda character but truth be told, I'd be happy if they added anyone, even Tingle. At least the series would get more representation.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Impa supporters aren't even trolls man. I'm starting to believe the conservatives are just refusing to open up, and now even are on troll-level of unacceptance to us Impa supporters.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Impa supporters aren't even trolls man. I'm starting to believe the conservatives are just refusing to open up, and now even are on troll-level of unacceptance to us Impa supporters.
Impa supporters aren't trolls, mind you. Those who shove Impa (or anyone, for that matter) down others' throats are trolls.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Those who get Impa shoved down the troaths could've been a lot more open-minded about the idea though.

A lot more open-minded

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Our minds have been locked. They can't be opened. :troll:

And Impa doesn't have the key. :p

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
All I'm saying is Zelda changing genders with down B isn't the answer either. :rolleyes:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Go and ask around how many people would want a separate Sheik. It works in hacked games as Project M, but not so much in an actual Smash game. People would complain why there are two Zelda's playable. At least solo Impa makes a lot more sence.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Go and ask around how many people would want a separate Sheik. It works in hacked games as Project M, but not so much in an actual Smash game. People would complain why there are two Zelda's playable. At least solo Impa makes a lot more sence.
Please tell me honestly, how many have complained about two Mario's being in Melee?
Or two Links being playable in Brawl? :smirk:

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I guarantee you Impa would not be solo, and would not get a moveset of her own. The switch from Sheik to Impa would purely be an aesthetic choice, with nothing to do with her role or history or whatever. So you may as well keep Sheik in Smash for the sake of consistency, since Smash does not necessarily follow what happens in other games. Because why keep switching out the characters if it makes such a trivial difference? I'll say it again: This is Smash, not LoZ, and in Smash, Zelda transforms into Sheik. That's just how it is.

Perhaps it is worth pointing out that LoZ characters are not handled by Sakurai? So this choice may not be up to him. I hadn't really considered that before, though it probably doesn't make much of a difference.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
You can't keep playing this game with me Fal, quoting me everytime 'fixing' my posts in the opposite manner.

Skyward Sword is likely to get content anyway. And I'd like to say this in return: If Smash 4 doesn't follow Ocarina or Twilight Princess' style, SHEIK is doomed. :reverse:

And honestly, do you expect OoT or TP content in Smash 4?

I really don't.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793

I really don't.
It isn't really impossible, you know.

I can't say about TP, but with the release of the OoT remake, we can expect some content from there, at least in the 3DS version. :)

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
In the 3DS version yeah, but both versions are without doubt gonna get content of Skyward Sword. And I can say for certainity that it'll be mostly SS-styled for the Zelda cast, with some Wind Waker stuff there also of coarse due to Wind Waker HD.

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
Vaati was the main villain for Minish Cap and both of the Four Swords games. He's only beaten by Ganon for number of appearances.

If you're not sure, do some research. You're already on the internet.
I have done my research and I know what he does. I would rather actually play Minish Cap and find out first hand but I'm lacking the funding right now. And Koume and Kotake appear more times than Vaati. If you did your research you would know that. :p

Tingle
I think he is the most likely. He's highly popular in Japan and is the only Zelda character to have their own spin-off. In that aspect he's kinda like the Yoshi of the Zelda world. I personally don't like him and generally get annoyed when I see him. All in all he meets all of Sakurai's requirements and he's certainly well known by him. I wouldn't mind him being an AT really as long as you can send him flying like Chansey.

Impa
This old school character has been around since the beginning. She's appeared in 9 games which is second only to Tingle. Even as an elderly lady she has a lot of power and can fight off monsters. She's know for her ninja abilities and teaching Zelda to be Sheik. I think she has a lot of potential in Smash and should get some notoriety.

I also don't see what makes Ghram Cracker so special. Yes, he's weird and fabulously creepy but he wasn't that special fighting I thought. Also the ending of Skyward Sword really made him lack luster. [collapse=spoiler] Where he was Demise's sword.[/collapse]

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Sheik not being in Skyward Sowrd means nothing. She wasn't in Twilight Princess and she was included. Mind you, she was planned for TP, but she wasn't included. So they simply slapped a TP redesign on her and kept her in the game.

There is absolutely nothing pointing towards Sheik getting cut. At all. Her not appearing in a game isn't going to stop her from getting in. Also, just because Sheik appears to be manly doesn't mean Sheik is a man. That was never stated as far as I know.

Finally, adding a character just to take another characters moveset is stupid and pointless. If we're getting a new character, I want a new moveset too.

D

Deleted member

People forget to mention how Impa looks like a post-op ******. Or a hermaphrodite; whichever floats your boat.

Except for Fat Impa. She's just a fat-bottomed girl, and fat-bottomed girls make the rockin' world go 'round. [/queen]

Don't expect Ghirahim and Sheik at the same place. That's all I'm saying.
Ghirahim is the 5th character, Sheik is just a Impa alt for Zelda. :smirk:
You can't keep playing this game with me Fal, quoting me everytime 'fixing' my posts in the opposite manner.

Skyward Sword is likely to get content anyway. And I'd like to say this in return: If Smash 4 doesn't follow Ocarina or Twilight Princess' style, SHEIK is doomed. :reverse:

I really don't.
Twilight Princess? No, unless Ganondorf gets it
Ocarina of Time 3D? Alt costumes at most......like Sheik for Impa (possibly even a AT like Epona)
In the 3DS version yeah, but both versions are without doubt gonna get content of Skyward Sword. And I can say for certainity that it'll be mostly SS-styled for the Zelda cast, with some Wind Waker stuff there also of coarse due to Wind Waker HD.
Toon Link will be Spirit Tracks based (with some Wind Waker HD)

Ganondorf should go Wind Waker HD as well, leaving Link and Zelda an open villain spot for Ghirahim.
People forget to mention how Impa looks like a post-op ******. Or a hermaphrodite; whichever floats your boat.

Except for Fat Impa. She's just a fat-bottomed girl, and fat-bottomed girls make the rockin' world go 'round. [/queen]

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Sheik was way more popular in the Melee days than now as well. And her being planned for Twilight Princess might've meant she actually had a future in the series. But why they didn't bring her back for Skyward Sword then? It even had Impa, so her training Zelda to be Sheik was possible. Yet- they didn't do it in the end. And there was no concept art for Sheik either. So she wasn't gonna be in the game AT ALL. Meanwhile, Impa shows us a huge ammount of abilities of her own, plus a character development and story-influence that knocks Sheik out of any water she might've been laying in since 1998. Impa is overall just a far better developed character than Sheik. And I'm not even suggesting a full Sheik moveset copy on Impa. I'm suggesting Impa to have Sheik's 'style'. Meaning, a fast combo based character like Sheik. Sure she could borrow some of Sheik's moves when she's gone to, but at least her specials would be 100% unique from Sheik.

And it's not like they didn't do this sort of thing before. Ike has Roy's neutral B, Lucario has Mewtwo's B more or less, and his Forward Smash. Meanwhile other people immitate Mewtwo through these moves: Wolf's F Air, Charizard's F Tilt, Lucas's Down Smash and Neutral Air.

So while the whole idea Impa -> Sheik may seem and look like a Toon Link -> Young Link sort of deal, it might as wel, become a Lucario -> Mewtwo sort of thing, but this time it's actually justified. Sheik MAY replace Impa pf coarse later IF she ever would show up in a new Zelda game. Which to me, seems extremely unlikely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom