• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zelda Franchise Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I think Ganondorf should keep his TP design actually. It looks a lot better than his OoT design imo.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Aye, so Link being a righty means he's fake. So that means...

-Green-eyed Sonic is not the real Sonic
-New haircut Dante in DMC5 is not the real Dante
-Short sleeved Mario in Sunshine is not the real Mario
-24/7 brown-eyed Ash in the Pokemon anime is not the real Ash
-Marth wearing pants in any game is not the real Marth
-Pit in Uprising is not the real Pit

Because, apparently, trivial things like these define whether a video game character is real or not. Though, who's to say a bunch of 0s and 1s are real in the first place?

I agree. Lets try to stray away from this silly debate. I don't think I've said who I'd like for Zelda reps. Out of all the possible candidates, I wouldn't mind seeing Tingle, despise me not liking the character. I mean, he has his own series and whatnot, but I think he'd make the perfect troll fighter. Maybe that's the main reason why I'd like him in lol.
How do visuals not matter in a visual medium?

Also no, New Dante is not the real Dante

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Reasoning why Link should be left handed in Smash 4:

If Link is Left handed, 0% of the fans would be annoyed (Read: not care).

If Link is Right handed, 0.01% of the fans would be annoyed. Troll

So, Link should be left handed in Smash 4.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
@Psycho I never said they don't matter. I'm just trying to figure out why people are getting their panties in a bunch when small, trivial things are changed to protagonists. The Dante one was a bad example, hence why I agreed with Swampa.

Anyway, I'm not a big fan of the design of OoT Ganondorf. I just think that if Link and Zelda are going to have their SS designs, if Ganon has his WW design he won't be the odd one out (in terms of looks), as long as Toon Link stays. Then again, they could come up with an art style for Ganon similar to SS or a new style all together for all of them.

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
Idk Toon Gannon was only in one game, Toon Zelda gets my Vote. Or Vaati. Hes been in a good amount of games and im sure we havn't seen the last of him
So? Twilight Princess Ganondorf was only in one game. And if we're gonna be technical, all the Ganon(dorf)s are the same person. I do agree with Vaati, though. Unfortunatly, there's not much demand for him nowadays. The best I can see Vaati getting is an Assist Trophy, in which he ravages the stage in one of his forms. Unless he's in the new Zelda, that is. Then he will definitely not be the flavor of the month. Unlike Zant. And Ghirahim.

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
...Meh. Wind Waker HD certainly helps, but that's about it. Overall, I'm not 'against' her, but I'd much rather see Ghirahim, Vaati, Dark Link, etc. instead. Tetra, on the other hand...:awesome:

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
You know in Melee how there's an event match (18) where you're against Dark Link? The first time I beaten it, I thought that you actually unlock Dark Link after. Not only as a palette swap, but have dark powers or something. Boy, I was wrong, and disappointed lol. But I'm glad that in Brawl Link has a Dark Link costume.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Tetra is a character I wouldn't mind either. She and Impa could inherrit most of Sheik's moves and style. Think Tetra would have shorter range on moves than Sheik, but be equally as fast, throw daggers instead of needles, and have the Grappling Hook as side B, which also works as a tether. Down B Imhave no ideas for yet.

Ideal Zelda roster if there is room for 6 characters for me :

Skyward Link (Hero of Time and TP Link alts, also Skyloft Casua clothes costume, Dark Link also should return)
Skyward Zelda / Hylia (Skyloft pink dress alt, Sage of Time and TP serious Zelda alts)
Skyward Impa (Sage of Shadows Impa alt, red costume as Old Woman robed Impa, Sheik OOT alt, Sheik Brawl alt)
Toon Link (Four Swords colors alts, classic Link costume, Wind Waker casual clothes, Spirit Tracks costume)
Toon Ganondorf (don't know howmother costumes would look with his twin blades, could be seriously aaesome though)
Tetra

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
No please no.

Also, I think Zelda could use a few cosmetic changes in her moveset as Hylia's incaration. Make her attacks have a golden glow aroundher or something, similar to Lucario's Aura. And rename her attack's to match her nee incaration. Say, Hylia's Fire for example? Or use the crystal barrier for neutral B?

And Impa as solo Sheik please.

Ove

Smash Journeyman
Seriously, it would be awesome if they changed to Ganondorf's Oracle of Season/Ages design for the next Smash.

His best design by far.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Seriously, it would be awesome if they changed to Ganondorf's Oracle of Season/Ages design for the next Smash.

His best design by far.
It is pretty cool....

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
It looks dorky to me

Look at the pointed shoes and massive collar.

Ove

Smash Journeyman
The collar symbolizes dominance.

Real wizards should have pointy shoes, Psycho. Everyone knows that!

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
I like Oracle of Seasons Ganondorf. To me, he looks like Captain Harlock meets Casshern. Minus the beak nose. But that would make one cool alt costume.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
The robe and belt are cool. And he looks more like a wizard than in any other games. He's also slimmer, yet still muscular as ****. I wouldn't mind if they had a Ganondorf similar to this in Zelda Wii U.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Ganondorf could have an alt representing each major game as it seems.
One each for Ocarina of Time, Wind Waker, Twilight Princess, Oracle games, Skyward Sword (demise).

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
Well, it depends, really. If we get WW Ganon, it'd be weird to see Oracle Ganon act fat and slow. On the other hand, if we get, say, OoT Ganon, it's be weird to see TP Ganon move so quickly. The way I see it, Oracle and Ocarina Ganon can be alts for each other, while TP, WW, and SS have alts for each other.
That's not to say they can't have costumes similar to other designs. I apologize if that's what you meant.

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
Perhaps not that fat, but he's certainly not as fit as the other Ganon's. And he also has a larger body. Dat chest.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Well, it depends, really. If we get WW Ganon, it'd be weird to see Oracle Ganon act fat and slow. On the other hand, if we get, say, OoT Ganon, it's be weird to see TP Ganon move so quickly. The way I see it, Oracle and Ocarina Ganon can be alts for each other, while TP, WW, and SS have alts for each other.
Given the kind of game Smash Bros. is in the first place, a little weirdness wouldn't hurt. :laugh:

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
Lol, yea. This is the same place where Jigglypuff solos Samus, after all.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Perhaps not that fat, but he's certainly not as fit as the other Ganon's. And he also has a larger body. Dat chest.
So he's stockier (which is not directly related to fitness, but more or less genes) than his previous incarnations. Thing is though, this is all the art style of the game. The bigger pirates have the same build when you realize that the robe is very baggy as seen in this photo I used in the Impa thread.

Oracle Ganondorf looks like he came out of Justice League with that shoulder:waist ratio.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom