• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zelda Franchise Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
Puppet Zelda...? I'm not sure if she really counts, though.
Koume and Kotake are female villains, though. And they're Ganondorf's moms. Minor, yes, but still villains.

Edit: Oh, and Veran.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Are there any female villains AT ALL in the Zelda series?
Well there's Veran from Oracle of Ages.

And Kotate and Koume. Not sure if they count as they're minor villains at best.

volbound1700

Smash Master
Twinrova would be a great character for Zelda actually. They could be a duo like Ice Climbers and fly on brooms. That would be neat, they could never land and that would make them unique.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
So out of the THREE most likey Zelda candidates, who would you rather be in the game?

Toon Zelda / Toon Shiek (Not Tetra)
Ghirahim
Tingle

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Preferably None. But if I HAD to choose one, Ghirahim.
Well yeah, this is assuming they get another. Which probably isn't on the top of Sakurai's list.

I would love to see Ghirahim or Tingle.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
While I find the female Ghirahim to be very... appealing, I find that if he was instead a female his fabulous behavior and appearance would be less interesting for me personally because it would then seem more "natural".

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
If I had to pick one, then Gihrahim. I strongly dislike Tingle as a character, so I don't want him in at all.

I just don't see Toon Zelda/Sheik happening. The time to add them would have been at Brawl. Combine that with the Smash fandoms pathological hatred of anything even resembling a clone and I just don't see them happening.

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
If I have to pick one, it would be Impa. My second choice would be Tingle. Everyone else I don't care for.

I mostly just want Link to be better this time around, and Ganondorf to be re worked.

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
I agree completely (aside from the Tingle part)
As long as Link isn't monkey manure and can actually recover and approach opponents, I'm fine.

Off topic, I thought of a way to give Link the Skyward Strike and keep all his tools from Melee and Brawl.

3Bismyname

Smash Champion
i'd honestly much rather have Toon Zelda. and then Impa when it comes to a newcomer for the Zelda franchise. Ghirahim is just a flavor of the week character and overall i just didnt like him. but to be fair i didnt much care for Skyward Sword as a whole either.

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
i'd honestly much rather have Toon Zelda. and then Impa when it comes to a newcomer for the Zelda franchise. Ghirahim is just a flavor of the week character and overall i just didnt like him. but to be fair i didnt much care for Skyward Sword as a whole either.
Considering the triforce is already accounted for, every character afterwords is not going to have the clout or notoriety they do so would it really be bad to have a current character among them? I feel it would at least be better to have another unique villain, than to have 4 zelda variations on the roster.

3Bismyname

Smash Champion
Considering the triforce is already accounted for, every character afterwords is not going to have the clout or notoriety they do so would it really be bad to have a current character among them? I feel it would at least be better to have another unique villain, than to have 4 zelda variations on the roster.
i dont consider Ghirahim that interesting honestly. and sure we got the core characters already but there are still plenty of reocurring characters who are just as viable. Impa, Tingle, and then theres the option to use toon versions of Zelda or Ganondorf who could very well be VERY different from their non toon counterparts. I would much rather have an all-star as opposed to a one shot. but who's to even say we'll get a new Zelda character. its just as likely that Sakurai will see that the Zelda franchise has its best characters in at this point and can choose not to add any if that is the case.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Ghirahim has a chance as the new Zelda representative for a couple reasons.

1. Smash needs new characters. Sakurai cannot just keep digging into the past.
2. Ghirahim is not necessarily a one shot character. While not an avatar of the triforce like Zelda, Ganondorf and Link, he is an avatar of evil's answer to a reoccurring weapon.

IAm2Sarcastic4U

Smash Journeyman
According to Zeldapedia, the main recurring characters of the series are Dark Link, Epona, Ganondorf, Impa, Link, Princess Zelda, Tingle and Vaati.

If there were to be another character rep for the Zelda series, the ones listed above seem the most logical I guess.

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
Then, why not Vaati?
He's not old, has been in multiple games, and is evil and in a way helps Ganon in Four Swords Adventures.
Basically, going by those points, Vaati, Ghirahim, and Skull Kid have good chances, when they really don't. (Especially SK)
EPONA FOR SM4SH! SHE"S RE-OCCURING!!111! Joking, of course.
Sakurai can do whatever he wants. Point in case, Melee's roster.

3Bismyname

Smash Champion

2. Ghirahim is not necessarily a one shot character. While not an avatar of the triforce like Zelda, Ganondorf and Link, he is an avatar of evil's answer to a reoccurring weapon.
how is using characters who are just a recent but with more prominence to the series than Ghirahim digging into the past. Impa starred in the same game and Tingle may have not had a true role but he was cameod. and with a remake of WW that makes the Toon characters just as relevant . besides that i highly doubt he'll ever get seen again in a Zelda game.

ps. i would love Vaati or Skull Kid. Vaati would have the better shot than Skull Kid though :(

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

Exactly the same arguments Zant and Midna supporters used...

volbound1700

Smash Master
How about Groose? LOL saw the thread. I think Skull Kid would be the best add, he is so different from Ganon/Link/Zelda in their movesets. He would be unique. Ghirahim would still rely heavily on the sword.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Half of Ghirahim's schtick is magic, so heavy reliance on swordplay? I think not. He could be the first "sword & sorcery" type character in smash, whereas Ganon needs to be all heavy warlock ****, utilizing both melee and magic attacks.

volbound1700

Smash Master
I guess I am not too against Ghirahim, I put him in one of my prediction lists but I could see Sakurai passing over him. I think there are other options as great, arguably better.

I would like to just see a new Zelda character generally.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Exactly the same arguments Zant and Midna supporters used...
Well, Midna and Zant were fairly wrapped up as one-shot characters in the ending of Twilight Princess.

Ghirahim's parallels with Fi means he can appear in other games. He has a strong tie to Zelda myth.

volbound1700

Smash Master
They could bring back Midna if they wanted to lol. Just find another way to have the Twilight Realm connect to the real world or better yet do Midna and Zant in one of the different alternate time lines such as the WW Timeline.

volbound1700

Smash Master
They could bring back Midna if they wanted to lol. Just find another way to have the Twilight Realm connect to the real world or better yet do Midna and Zant in one of the different alternate time lines such as the WW Timeline.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Well, Midna and Zant were fairly wrapped up as one-shot characters in the ending of Twilight Princess.

Ghirahim's parallels with Fi means he can appear in other games. He has a strong tie to Zelda myth.
Midna was not wrapped up. The developers even hinted that they might use her again. Ghirahim doesn't even have that kind of recognition.

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
Midna can appear in other games. Ghirahim might not. It's all up to developers.
So? Midna is the Queen/Princess of the Twilight Realm. That's pretty darn important. Vaati is important to Zelda myth. So is Koume and Kotake in a much smaller role. Again, bad points. By that logic, how about Demise or Groose or Fi?

volbound1700

Smash Master
Why not just stick a Goron character in Brawl. Heck he could roll around and smash people and would have very unique moveset lol. Mask Link is a good option although three Links maybe too much.

Spire

III
BRoomer
The truth is, Nintendo can do anything they want with any character they have. Any single character from the franchise (even Error) has a chance of returning and gaining further prominence. Just depends on what Nintendo chooses to do. It's easy to assume that some characters have died with time. Veran and Onox played very specific roles and were destroyed at the ends of their only two games. Zant basically did the same thing. Vaati's recurrence suggests Nintendo could resurrect him whenever. Ghirahim is technically sealed within the Master Sword throughout the entire series, so he could return in any future game that the Master Sword is featured in.

Here are our most likely Zelda candidates for SSB4, in no particular order:
  • Tingle
  • Impa
  • Ghirahim
  • Toon Zelda/Sheik (or Tetra)
  • Demise
  • Vaati
  • New Link
  • New supporting character
  • New antagonist
Who's gonna get in? No idea. Let's wait for E3.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Midna was not wrapped up. The developers even hinted that they might use her again. Ghirahim doesn't even have that kind of recognition.
Do you remember what she did to the Twilight mirror? If the game developers feel like they want to revisit the Twilight Realm, they will find a way to do it. However, the end of Twilight does seem to wrap up the interaction between Light and Dark Worlds.

Ghirahim has the recognition that he is the evil mastersword. I think that is extremely important.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Midna can appear in other games. Ghirahim might not. It's all up to developers.
So? Midna is the Queen/Princess of the Twilight Realm. That's pretty darn important. Vaati is important to Zelda myth. So is Koume and Kotake in a much smaller role. Again, bad points. By that logic, how about Demise or Groose or Fi?
Ghiarhim still could have relevance to the mythology. Think of how Fi is in nearly all Zelda games. Ghirahim can be evil's answer to her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom