• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zelda Franchise Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Her cloak oh yes.

And Demise could work for a Ganondorf alternative.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Demise's flaming hair is a reference to ganon. So it's possible.
I'd love to see ganon using Demise's sword in the alt
fighting against Ghirahim.

:phone:

Mirron

Smash Journeyman
I could actually see myself playing as Impa. I like Sheik's design, but Impa's is a lot more my style all things considered. And I hope Demise isn't the default Ganon appearance, it... looks really weird, at least to me, I'd much rather have a different design for Ganondorf.

Though, I do think alternate costumes referencing other characters is a good thing, and should be more of it. Not sure what they'd do for Zelda that isn't literally Zelda, but Ganondorf has a plausible one in the form of Demise, and personally (assuming the likely (if disappointing) scenario he doesn't get in) I could see a Minish Vaati as an alt for Toon Link, they have similar builds and designs to some extent, even if the powers would be entirely different.

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
Midna could be Zelda's alternate costume. Not to mention extreme fanservice. As for Link...Dark Link? Link really has bad alternate choices.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Midna could be Zelda's alternate costume. Not to mention extreme fanservice. As for Link...Dark Link? Link really has bad alternate choices.
Zora Armor, Magic Armor, and Ordon Clothes come to mind.

Zuby

Smash Journeyman
All that talk a few pages back about Ganondorf being based on the tech demo...

Why are we so sure it'll be Skyward Sword Link when this is waiting in the wings?

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
@Swampasaur
Sure, but with Demise, Vaati, and Midna as possible alternate costumes, different clothing seems... very dissapointing.
Zora Armor could be built into his blue recolor. Magic Armor could be an alternate color, along with Ordon clothes.

Also, Zuby, Smash 4 will very likely come out before then

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
All that talk a few pages back about Ganondorf being based on the tech demo...

Why are we so sure it'll be Skyward Sword Link when this is waiting in the wings?

Because that's just the design from TP right down to the very fibers and his ordon sword, it's just a much better character model of him. Aonuma already went on record saying that won't be representative of what Zelda wiiu will be like. Everything there in that demo is based on TP, which would be no different from brawl link.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Because that's just the design from TP right down to the very fibers and his ordon sword, it's just a much better character model of him. Aonuma already went on record saying that won't be representative of what Zelda wiiu will be like. Everything there in that demo is based on TP, which would be no different from brawl link.

It's either this look or a revamped SS look. And they already have this model...

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
You know what's funny?

At Spaceworld 2000, they showed a Zelda tech demo for the Gamecube. It had a fairly realistic art style, and some people thought that it would be a full game. Instead, we got Wind Waker.

At E3 2011, they showed a Zelda tech demo for the Wii U. It had a fairly realistic art style, and some people thought that it would be a full game. Instead, we got Wind Waker(HD).

I know history repeats itself, but this is very uncanny.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
You know what's funny?

At Spaceworld 2000, they showed a Zelda tech demo for the Gamecube. It had a fairly realistic art style, and some people thought that it would be a full game. Instead, we got Wind Waker.

At E3 2011, they showed a Zelda tech demo for the Wii U. It had a fairly realistic art style, and some people thought that it would be a full game. Instead, we got Wind Waker(HD).

I know history repeats itself, but this is very uncanny.
Never noticed this.

TO0n Zelduh confiremd!!!!1111!!!1

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
Introducing...
WIND WAKER 3D!!

With Spotpass and Miiverse. E10. Above picture is definitely legit. 100$ price tag

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
I'll support anything Zelda in Smash 4.
Impa, Vaati, Ghirahim, heck, even a Darknut. :awesome:

Except Tingle and Groose, that is.

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
Why? Seriously, if they decide to use this art style, I'll wholeheartedly support it.

Art style is one thing, but the design of the character model was not based around what is required for smash brothers, it would require an overall that just isnt worth the time. The design wouldnt be a problem, the only thing is though that it would be exactly TP link, which there is nothing wrong with, but if thats the case he would only look like a cleaner version of brawl link. They used the same design twice for OOT link in melee, but due to there not being another adult link during that point OOT link still fit the bill. Where as now we have a more than qualified replacement in SS link, who will not only represent a new game and the wii era, but he will also give them room to bring in possible new moves or other items from his game too.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I'll support anything Zelda in Smash 4.
Impa, Vaati, Ghirahim, heck, even a Darknut. :awesome:

Including Tingle.
Fixed it for you.
Why do people keep hating Tingle? Nintendo did a favor and reduced him from an NPC to cameos. You can't let Tingle die!

Mirron

Smash Journeyman
Honestly, I don't like Tingle, but I can't say he's undeserving. The number of recurring figures Zelda has is really small, and most of them are already in SSB. Impa and Vaati are the other two, and both of them rank much higher on my list, but I consider the second incredibly unlikely. Which is a shame, Vaati is a really cool figure, and I'd like seeing him appear more often. He's got a lot of moveset potential, and could no doubt pull off some pretty darn cool things if they let him appear. Plus his Minish form is adorable, and would no doubt be the form they'd use.

I don't like Tingle because... he's really not all that interesting. And I have a hard time seeing a moveset of his being what I'd like, especially compared to the likes of Vaati and Impa. But that's just me.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
TP and SS Link are very a like. They could use that demo model, then add Skyward Sword's color scheme and give him Skyward Strike. I'm not seeing the problem really?

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Suddenly I want Groose and Linebeck in this game.

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
I do not see anything charming or good about him at all. Balloons? Balloon Fighter. Ugly? Waluigi. Old? Ganondorf. I cannot, however, deny the fact that he is deserving of a spot, albeit a bad chance. I also hate the thought that a 35 year old man wants to be a fairy...

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
He probably had a bad youth or something.

But I just keep it with Impa.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
If tingle appears, he'll probably be a joke character. TheCreator made a moveset for him.
@Fastblade
IIRC in MM, he says no fairy has come to him yet.

Mirron

Smash Journeyman
Honestly, he might be a silly character, but that doesn't mean he'll be a bad fighter. G&W is certainly silly, but he's still capable of holding his own in SSB. I just don't have much desire for Tingle over other potential Zelda (or even just Nintendo) figures.

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
Exactly what Mirron said. Every thing.
@FalKoopa
Oh, thanks for clearing that up. Still bugs me, though.

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
^i agree with both of you, I'd just rather have a character from the Zelda series who was more interesting and had some sort of major role.

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
To be fair, Tingle is the only character from the Zelda universe to have his own spin off series... And apparently has an evil uncle, I think?

D

Deleted member

Uncle Rupee is just how the guy is known; he's not LITERALLY Tingle's uncle.

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
Oh, ok. Thanks.

So, how about stages? Anyone?
Personally, I'd like to see
Skyloft (Skyward Sword)
Ganon's Castle (Ocarina of Time)
and Dragon Roost Island (Wind Waker)

With the Bridge of Eldin returning.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Skyloft is a must!

A stage on the train from Spirit Tracks could be really cool as well!

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I do not see anything charming or good about him at all. Balloons? Balloon Fighter. Ugly? Waluigi. Old? Ganondorf. I cannot, however, deny the fact that he is deserving of a spot, albeit a bad chance. I also hate the thought that a 35 year old man wants to be a fairy...
Tingle did not say he wanted to become a fairy. He said he believed he is the incarnation of a fairy and he was waiting for a fairy to come to him. He wanted to have a fairy companion like Link and the Kokiri people did.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Temple is just too awesome and must return. I'm serious.

It's one of my favorite stages in both Melee and Brawl. I'd like to see it return in SSB4, and I don't care if it's DLC and have to pay extra money for it.

This is how I would choose the Zelda stages:

New stages:
Skyloft (Skyward Sword) - Avaliability: Default
Sort of like Brawl's Delfino Plaza by having platforms to take you the many parts of the town. Cameos would include the townsfolk, Loftwings flying around the stage (including Link's red one) and Beedle's shop would also appear, perhaps could be one of the stops. Music selection would be mostly from Skyward Sword.

Spirit Tracks (Spirit Tracks) - Avaliability: Default
You fight on top of the Spirit Train, which travels through Spirit Tracks' overworld, including the sea part, the forest area, the snow area, the volcano area and the desert. Would run on a loop around those five zones of the overworld, basically. Hyrule Castle and the Tower of Spirits would cameo in the stage, as well as pesky enemies that would serve as obstacles. Music selection mostly from Spirit Tracks, Minish Cap and both Four Sword games.

Ganon's Castle (Ocarina of Time 3D) - Avaliability: Unlockable (complete Classic Mode using Ganondorf on Hard or higher difficulties)
Fighting would take place on the area outside the castle. The Sages' rainbow bridge would be visible and there would be no obstacles in this more straightforward stage. Music selection comprised mostly of songs from Ocarina of Time as well as songs associated with villains, like boss themes and obviously Ganondorf's Theme.

Pirate Ship (The Wind Waker HD) - Avaliability: Unlockable (complete Classic Mode as Toon Link on any difficulty)
Not the same as Brawl's, but rather a new version with enhanced graphics. Would have the same obstacles as the Brawl version but this time it could stop on some important islands from Wind Waker, taking the fight to places like Dragon Roost Island, Windfall Island, Outset Island, Forest Haven, Greatfish Island and the Forsaken Fortress. Other small generic islands would also randomly appear in the background. Other sights would be the Tower of the Gods, the Triangle Islands, Tingle Island and the Ghost Ship. Would offer the same music selection as Brawl's Pirate Ship, plus music from Phantom Hourglass and one or two new remixes.

Returning stages:
Bridge of Eldin (Twilight Princess) - Avaliability: Default
Recreation of the Brawl stage. Same music selection.

Great Bay (Majora's Mask) - Avaliability: Unlockable (Play as a The Legend of Zelda character in Vs. mode 20 times)
Recreation of Melee's stage. Same music selection as Melee, plus new remixes and some original themes from Majora's Mask.

DLC:
Hyrule Castle
From the original Smash. Would offer new songs and be graphically updated with full HD graphics. Gameplay-wise, it would be a recreation of the original stage.

Temple
From Melee. Would offer the same two songs in Brawl as well as few new remixes mostly from Zelda II.

Ember Reaper

Smash Journeyman
Skyloft(Skyward Sword)
Neutral Stage

Ganon's Castle (OOT)
Neutral Stage

Spirit Train (Spirit Tracks)
Many obstacles, maybe like Big Blue?

Clocktower (Majora's Mask)
Some obstacles, may be a neutral. Change time?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom