• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zelda Franchise Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I like her best in her Goddess outfit actually. Would like to see that as her default costume cause it's most asociated with her role as Hylia.

Onyx, I fear that as well. Think I'm gonna be less active when those moments come, preferably keep my opinions quiet cause the stupidity will rule the day on the forums by then...

:phone:

Onyx Oblivian

Smash Journeyman
Character Prediction:

Link, Zelda, Ganondorf,
Demise
, and Hylia.

Do I still have to add spoiler tags to his name? lol

Onyx, I fear that as well. Think I'm gonna be less active when those moments come, preferably keep my opinions quiet cause the stupidity will rule the day on the forums by then...

Agreed. In fact, Right after E3 in general I'm probably going to just be a spectator hahah

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
I like her best in her Goddess outfit actually. Would like to see that as her default costume cause it's most asociated with her role as Hylia.:phone:
I want her to be in her wing ceremony outfit (with the sailcloth), it looks great design wise and makes her stand apart from the rest of the zelda's as the childhood friend she was. And come on if she's in the godess dress sakurai will have to assume the upskirt shots will be numerous. Kind hope she gets to use her blue loftwing for an up b as well.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I like her best in her Goddess outfit actually. Would like to see that as her default costume cause it's most asociated with her role as Hylia.
Yeah I also think her Goddess outfit will be her default outfit. Her Skyloft oufit is to her as the pajama's/uniform/home outfits are to the Link's of Wind Waker, Twilight Princess, Spirit Tracks and Skyward Sword Link's.

I still would like to see both outfit's though. :)

@HylianHeroBigBoss That never stopped anyone from looking up either Peach or Zelda's dresses in the past game's.

Onyx Oblivian

Smash Journeyman
Yeah I also think her Goddess outfit will be her default outfit. Her Skyloft oufit is to her as the pajama's/uniform/home outfits are to the Link's of Wind Waker, Twilight Princess, Spirit Tracks and Skyward Sword Link's.

I still would like to see both outfit's though. :)
If they did go with Skyward Sword outfits for the Zelda cast, I would actually be really bummed out in regards to Link :[ in TP he had different outfits! That was perfect for alternate costumes for Brawl. haha

Now that there's a bigger chance for Alt. costumes in the next Smash, SS Link didn't have ANY different outfits :( (beside his Skyloft outfit haha)

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Well if Wario is any indication, I don't think they would have done that much with it anyway, as much as I would have loved to see that. They would probably have gone with the Ordon outfit in Brawl.

If Skyward Sword Link does get his Skyloft Outfit as an alternate, I can certainly imagine them giving it a recolour that matches TP Link's ordon outfit.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Ordon outfit, Wrestler's outfit, Zora Armor, Magic Armor... TP Link had real cool alternative options, but none where used in Brawl. :/ Especially would've liked the Magic Armor. Just look how awesome it would look:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Ordon outfit, Wrestler's outfit, Zora Armor, Magic Armor... TP Link had real cool alternative options, but none where used in Brawl. :/ Especially would've liked the Magic Armor. Just look how awesome it would look:

There are plenty of options to choose from. But we got only recolors in Brawl.

I'd love the Fierce Deity as an alt.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I wouldn't be surprised if we finally got proper alt. costumes, with Zelda getting her Skyloft and Goddess outfits as defaults, only to get her princess attire as an unlockable costume.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Alt costumes are a must at this point.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I'd say that Zelda, Wario, and especially Pokemon Trainer need it at this point. PT really needs the girl option.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Only if the proper voice clips come with it, otherwise she might sound a bit weird when giving those commands.
I dunno... PT does sound kinda feminine. :troll:

But in all seriousness, I agree. I new voice would be necessary if we got a Female costume.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Or, they could add the male Pokémon trainers as alts. Though that would be lazy... (-_-)

Zuby

Smash Journeyman
Mario and the Star Fox crew all have obvious alternate costumes too.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Or, they could add the male Pokémon trainers as alts. Though that would be lazy... (-_-)

What's so lazy about that? Besides the voice thing... =/

Eitherway, yes they can do quite a bit by expanding on the alternate costume feature's. Mario and Luigi could also wear some of their power-ups as well.

But we will see what they can do about it.

Zuby

Smash Journeyman
It does seem like alternate costumes, rather than attempting a composite, is a fairly obvious way to appease a wider variety of fans. They sort of tried it in Brawl by giving one of Toon Link's recolours brown sleeves a la Link to the Past

OT: Just noticed how many people in this thread have Mewtwo as their Melee character. Crazy.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I liked that costume a lot to yeah. Indeed hope to see more like that.

Tweezer Salad

Smash Apprentice
So yeah, Link's face in Skyward Sword.....DO NOT WANT.

Give me a twilight princess look for an alt cause they are probably gonna go with the skyward look as his default.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
While Skyward Sword had better character designs and visually appealing art style than Twilight Princess, I hated that Link looked like Justin Bieber with those lips and that lesbian-looking haircut in both games (IMO).

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Taylor Swift, Justin Bieber... What are y'all gonna name Skyward Sword Link next? :laugh:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

This. The girls gotta have more fanservice, you know. :cool:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Sure. Girls need eye candy to. Plus, they KNOW Link'd be rich with that suit on if he can walk and jump just fine. ;)

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388

Please...Us girls need some fanservice too. :sadeyes: Maybe then I'll actually play as Link. Jk, jk. :p

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
So basically make every character have an alternate costume that strips them down to their underwear, kind of like the option to do so in Xenoblade.

That would ether be really wrong or mighty fine depending on the context...

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Why have Link as the fanservice when that job is already Snake's?

:troll:

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
While Skyward Sword had better character designs and visually appealing art style than Twilight Princess, I hated that Link looked like Justin Bieber with those lips and that lesbian-looking haircut in both games (IMO).

Im willing to bet he will look closer to SS artwork than the in game model, and we all know smash usually does an even better job at making their version the best looking version.

and even then his in game model face wasnt that bad when he looked serious

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
You know what? Forget Link. We will have Wario as Mr. Fanservice. I'm pretty sure I don't need to post an image of that to get that idea across. :troll:

Ok, on topic. I'm really interested as to what design they're going to use for the Zelda cast. I liked the SS design, but I don't really care that much, as long as it looks awesome. Which I'm sure it will be. That's why I can't wait for the trailer.

Mirron

Smash Journeyman
Wario fanservice is a definite no for me, but Link fanservice would be good. Pit too, I think those two are the most attractive males in SSB, so that's a plus.

Fanservice aside though, I'm expecting the SS design. Which I'm looking forward to. Even if it winds up being worse than the last designs for Link/Zelda/Ganon maybe, at least it's something new for me to have for a bit. Unlike most of the other figures who don't change any (reminding me of the Brawl trailer where Kirby pretty much looks the same, which made me laugh).

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Looking at HylianHeroBigBoss's post, I suppose we don't have to worry about Link's appearance in Smash 4. After all, Link's face looks more fierce in Brawl than his TP artwork.

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
I loved the Skyward Sword designs and looks.
What's bad about Twilight Princess' designs? Also, what do you guys think of Ganondorf appearing in his Wind Waker design? With the HD remake coming out, it has a very good chance of being the latest and most popular Ganon design.

This is, of course, considering Sakurai hasn't finalized everyone's looks and movesets yet

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I hope for Wind Waker Ganondorf as well! He's easily the best Ganondorf in the series, so I hope they use him.

D

Deleted member

I hope Sheik makes another appearance. I can't imagine her appearance as a Skyward Sword counterpart.

For Zelda, I prefer her Twilight Princess version over Skyward Sword's. Skyward Sword's isn't too appealing to me.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Looking at HylianHeroBigBoss's post, I suppose we don't have to worry about Link's appearance in Smash 4. After all, Link's face looks more fierce in Brawl than his TP artwork.

Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if the Zelda characters have their looks improved while keeping their art style.

Mirron

Smash Journeyman
I'm expecting some minor modifications as well, though them still looking Skyward Sword-like. And I'd much, much rather have a Sheik alternate costume and Impa as main, since Sheik really doesn't fit any of the existing Zelda games anymore, closest would be OoT remake, but I don't count that myself. That and Impa has had so many major roles relative to Sheik that I think she warrants some inclusion. But that's... well, not just me, but my opinion on the matter. I won't be too surprised if we see Sheik again, but a bit disappointed. I really want to see Zelda get a new Down-B.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Impa should get in cause Sheik is hardly relevant to the series. And Impa is. Also her moveset potential is MUCH better, and far more unique.

To those who'll react with butthurt have this:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Of coarse we'll get that Impa. :p Unless Zelda Wii U comes with another design, Skyward Sword Impa it'll be.

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
Would a Demise Alternate costume work for Ganon? They seem similar enough in size and build, so, like Wario, is this a reasonable possibility?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom