• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zelda Franchise Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
Skyloft(Skyward Sword)
Neutral Stage

Ganon's Castle (OOT)
Neutral Stage

Spirit Train (Spirit Tracks)
Many obstacles, maybe like Big Blue?

Clocktower (Majora's Mask)
Some obstacles, may be a neutral. Change time?
So much yes right here along with the old stages as well.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Ocarina of Time stage: Chamber of Sages
It warps you to different locations in Hyrule. Lost Woods, Death Mountain, Lake Hylia, Kakariko Village, Desert Colossus, and Temple of Time

Wind Waker stage: Pirate Ship
Past stage.

Skyward Sword stage: Skyloft
A sidescrolling stage around the floating island.

Spirit Tracks stage: Spirit Train
Like the Big Blue stage in Melee, except on a speeding train across New Hyrule.

:phone:

Ocarina of Time stage: Chamber of Sages
It warps you to different locations in Hyrule. Lost Woods, Death Mountain, Lake Hylia, Kakariko Village, Desert Colossus, and Temple of Time

Wind Waker stage: Pirate Ship
Past stage.

Skyward Sword stage: Skyloft
A sidescrolling stage around the floating island.

Spirit Tracks stage: Spirit Train
Like the Big Blue stage in Melee, except on a speeding train across New Hyrule.

Sidescrolling stage?

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
The first sidescrolling stage I ever played was in the first video game I ever owned.

Super Mario Bros 3, land 1 level 4.

It was frustrating as hell...First game and all.

Of course, when I finally beat it I was thrilled. And was rewarded with the White Mushroom House

Edit: I want to play mario 3 now...

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
If they make another side scrolling stage, it should be based on New Super Mario Bros.

Zuby

Smash Journeyman
I've always liked the idea of a Wind Waker stage based on those sea platforms. Starts with a closed roof that can be broken away (doesn't grow back). Maybe some bokoblins jump on every now and then (very weak CPU, like wire frames/alloys).

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Clock Town (Majora's Mask)
It should take 1 minute to go through each day. Basically like the one in SSF2. The weather should change each day, as it does in the game.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Sidescrolling stage?
Yeah... why not? Zelda II was a sidescrolling stage... I guess they could have Skyloft's layout based on the typical layout of the towns of Zelda II as a homage. I think it could be pretty interesting. Or maybe we could battle on top of several Loftwings as the birds fly around Skyloft instead of a sidescrolling stage.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
For stages, I thought of this:

New Stages:
Ganon's Tower (Wind Waker)
Skyloft / Tower of the Goddess / Sealed Grounds (Skyward Sword)

Returning Stages:
Temple (Melee / Brawl)
Pirate Ship (Brawl)
Hyrule Castle (64, remade in HD)

Also, I just made this:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Only with these exact same personalities though. :p

Here's a template for those who also want to make one:

Also:

ALSOOO:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Obligatory BitF comic.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
To change the topic:
Any ideas for alts for Ghirahim and Impa (excluding Sheik)?

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Ghirahim could have his true form as one.

Impa could have one based on her old lady appearances.

Or better yet, her Ocarina of Time appearance.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Ocarina of Time Impa is good yeah. But otherwise, I have no ideas yet.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I still dislike her design in Ocarina of Time.

It's really freaky. And why is it so square looking?

She looks like she's made from polygons, even in her artwork

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
To change the topic:
Any ideas for alts for Ghirahim and Impa
[COLLAPSE="First"]
[/COLLAPSE]

[COLLAPSE="Second"]
[/COLLAPSE]

[COLLAPSE="Third"]
[/COLLAPSE]

[COLLAPSE="Fourth"]
[/COLLAPSE]

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
@Holder of The Heel
Thanks for the pics. Those really made my day. :rotfl:
The fourth pic is obviously the best.

TheCreator

Smash Lord
Tingle. Please.

I really want to hear what everyone has to say about him. The thread for him died besides my efforts, and the subject seems to be ignored.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I do want Tingle in Smash, honestly. It would be fun to play as a Zelda character who is capable of floating and doing his walls of pain like Jigglypuff.

B - Tingle Bomb

Tingle bowls a bomb across the stage when you tap the button. Hold the button to make Tingle hold the bomb, then move the control stick to make Tingle throw it overhead when the button is released.

Side B - Rosy Rumble

Tingle runs into an opponent... and gets into a fight that is obscured by a dust cloud (like in Rosy Rupeeland). Tingle can execute combos (think Marth's Side+B) and Rupees come out from the dust cloud, indicating an successful combo.

Up B - Balloon Fight

Tingle inflates two balloons (one red, one blue) and he starts to float around. While Tingle is floating, he can drop bombs straight down via B button.

Down B - Rupee Like

Tingle drops a Rupee on the ground. If an opponent gets close to the Rupee, they are suddenly trapped by a Like Like. Tingle can have two Rupees out at a time.

Final Smash - Kooloo-Limpah!

Tingle does his Kooloo-Limpah! dance and starts floating around with his balloon... Tingle then shoots Rupees like a machine gun.

TheCreator

Smash Lord
I do want Tingle in Smash, honestly. It would be fun to play as a Zelda character who is capable of floating and doing his walls of pain like Jigglypuff.

B - Tingle Bomb

Tingle bowls a bomb across the stage when you tap the button. Hold the button to make Tingle hold the bomb, then move the control stick to make Tingle throw it overhead when the button is released.

Side B - Rosy Rumble

Tingle runs into an opponent... and gets into a fight that is obscured by a dust cloud (like in Rosy Rupeeland). Tingle can execute combos (think Marth's Side+B) and Rupees come out from the dust cloud, indicating an successful combo.

Up B - Balloon Fight

Tingle inflates two balloons (one red, one blue) and he starts to float around. While Tingle is floating, he can drop bombs straight down via B button.

Down B - Rupee Like

Tingle drops a Rupee on the ground. If an opponent gets close to the Rupee, they are suddenly trapped by a Like Like. Tingle can have two Rupees out at a time.

Final Smash - Kooloo-Limpah!

Tingle does his Kooloo-Limpah! dance and starts floating around with his balloon... Tingle then shoots Rupees like a machine gun.
How can you take away his signature red balloon, man!

I would keep your neutral b. I would keep your side b with the exception of the rupees flying everywhere.

Up B, I would make his signature balloon. It inflates and he is thrust up with force, then he can sort of glide.
I think the down b could be better too. Also, I made a move set a while back that I liked at the time, but don't particularly like now after seeing yours. Lol I'll post it.
Tingle Moveset
Neutral B - Rupee Throw
Throws a rupee as a projectile. Has trajectory and can be charged to go further. Color is random, but only for decoration.*
B<> - Noggin Bonk
Brings down his abnormally shaped and sized head in front of him for an attack similar to Olimar's.
B^ - Tingle Balloon*
Blows up his signature red balloon, after it's blown he can jump 4 times and each time it gets deflated more.*
Bv - Plumet
Tingle dives downward with his head first.*
A - headbutt, kick, punch
A<> - Tingle Roll
Does a front flip. Damage is caused if touched, weird range because of his head.*
A^ - Rupee Scatter
Tosses a wave of rupees upward of various colors, press twice to do it again consecutively, waves may have different amounts of rupees, however this doesn't affect hit boxes.
Av - Whoops.*
Tingle falls over. Doesn't cause self harm, because self harm sucks. Damages anybody standing in the ground close to him, and knocks them on their butts.*
Grabs:*
A dust cloud appears as tingle is attacking an opponent that he has grabbed.*
If thrown, he'll roll backwards and throw them, with decent knockback, and throw rupees at them sort of like mewtwo does.*

Shield: Covers his eyes*
Taunt 1: Tingle, Tingle, Koolooh-Limpah!
Taunt 2: Makes the grin he does after throwing Rupees in the pond in FP:TRRL
Taunt 3: Tingle accidentally drops a rupee and ecstatically picks it back up.*
Entrance: Flies in by balloon.*
Weight: 1/5, same as Olimar
Height: 1/5, a tiny bit taller than Olimar
Speed: 3/5, a bit slower than Fox
Fall speed: Slightly floaty*

Excuse the amprisands

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Actually, I was thinking that Tingle could just inflate his red balloon every time he floats... you know, like how Jigglypuff, Kirby, and King Dedede seem to inflate every time they float? So, I thought that Tingle Balloon as Up+B would be redundant... so I just gave Tingle a second balloon (the blue balloon from Tingle's Balloon Fight DS) so Tingle wouldn't need to inflate his balloon every time he floats... instead he would be "flying" like Pit's Up+B, leaving your right thumb free to press the other buttons for aerial attacks and bombs.

Mirron

Smash Journeyman
That'd be nice. It looks a great deal different compared to the old ones.

And honestly I don't want Tingle in the game. I acknowledge his recurring nature to the series, and I imagine compared to some possible Zelda reps he'd be more fun than them, but I'm not really a fan of him. There are a number of others in Zelda who are a lot more appealing to me, and that's who I'm hoping get in, though I'm not going to get massively upset if he's the only new Zelda rep.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Yeah, we kinda expected that.... probably why we hardly mention the Heart Container. Speaking of items...

I really want the Cucco Assist Trophy most of all. It would be perfect for the Smash environment.... all those angry birds pecking everyone to death. :laugh:

I also want the Bombchu item. It would be like the Hothead item, except it explodes when it collides with a character.

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
Yeah, we kinda expected that.... probably why we hardly mention the Heart Container. Speaking of items...

I really want the Cucco Assist Trophy most of all. It would be perfect for the Smash environment.... all those angry birds pecking everyone to death. :laugh:
It might not need to be an assist trophy, it could be an item that walks around like mr saturn, and if its damaged enough the last person to hit it will get swarmed by cucco

--

And yeah mirron i feel the same way about tingle, i just dont care about him or really look forward to anything he could do. Just dont like the character in general though anyway

Mirron

Smash Journeyman
Hmm, I like that idea a bit more. Guessing it just bonks people if you throw it at them, and perhaps allows for gliding if you use the Cucco and just leap off, which would be a lot of fun. Actually, probably my favorite item idea in general, it'd be a lot of fun.

TheCreator

Smash Lord
I just don't understand why anybody would dislike tingle! Lol he's so strange, it's welcoming.
But I know this matter is entirely opinionated, so I'm not judging anybody. I'm just saying from my point of view it seems like everyone'd love him.

Spire

III
BRoomer
And honestly I don't want Tingle in the game. I acknowledge his recurring nature to the series, and I imagine compared to some possible Zelda reps he'd be more fun than them, but I'm not really a fan of him. There are a number of others in Zelda who are a lot more appealing to me, and that's who I'm hoping get in, though I'm not going to get massively upset if he's the only new Zelda rep.
This. Word for word this is my stance on Tingle.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I'll stay neutral to the Tingle debate. I'll be glad if we get another Zelda rep, whoever it may be, as long as he/she/it is fun to play as.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom