• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Z-Axis workings...?

Prawn

Smash Master
Here's that Boozer Port thing: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6F9jO-bC3I

I really don't see how this will have anything but a marginal affect on anything.
I don't know about that, I mean I feel like being able to dodge a laser with fireball is pretty useful to luigi, who knows what other moves could be used as dodges.

Not sure if anyone posted this yet, but I didn't see it. xD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1OVqah2on_Y

Interesting display of the Z-axis through a code.
I don't know if that's legit, people move towards you on the Z axis the higher up they get?

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
I don't know about that, I mean I feel like being able to dodge a laser with fireball is pretty useful to luigi, who knows what other moves could be used as dodges.

I don't know if that's legit, people move towards you on the Z axis the higher up they get?
That was just showing it's there. That codes proves that the Z-axis is there and is USED in the game.

Pikabunz

Smash Hero
NNID
Pikabunz
3DS FC
1134-8730-8374
This stuff is like months old... One neat thing about DDD's spot dodge is that he can power shield some attacks coming out of a spot dodge even if the hitbox of an attack is still out during the end of his dodge.

Throwback

Smash Lord
pretty sure Tink's dair has some frames in the z-axis. I had an uncharged shot (samus) go through him while he was in the landing animation today.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
pretty sure Tink's dair has some frames in the z-axis. I had an uncharged shot (samus) go through him while he was in the landing animation today.
That makes sense. As he pulls the sword out of the ground, he certainly seems to lean back quite a bit.

SuSa

Banned via Administration
So uhm, apparently Luigi's fireball can dodge quite a few moves, so long as they hit his head. I had someone dodge something earlier, forget the specifics. :/

There was also something I wanted to post, but my friend was on Myspace and I forgot what. >.< but it was a "WTF" moment.... that costed me the match. :/ due to a Z-axis.... wish I was running EX Brawl...

B!squick

Smash Master
Bower's would probably be the worst. He may lean, like, off stage, but it takes about 10 mins for him to get his footing back. DeDeDe, as we know, would probably be the best.

Throwback

Smash Lord
Depends on how far out they lean.

Which makes me wonder if there are is an actual z-axis, or if characters are simply in-plane or out-of-plane.

also I should mention that certain attacks hit on the z-axis too. For example, samus FCS will hit characters in the z-axis, but the uncharged shot won't.

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
I don't mean to rain on the parade here, but... duh?

I mean, seriously. When a character moves into the background, I always assumed they were actually moving there, and that it wasn't just part of the animation.

iDeo

Smash Journeyman
Can someone possibly make a chart of characters who have the Z-axis dodge as well as the points on their body that go in the background and the parts are vulnerable.

PK-ow!

Smash Lord
I don't mean to rain on the parade here, but... duh?

I mean, seriously. When a character moves into the background, I always assumed they were actually moving there, and that it wasn't just part of the animation.
You assumption would have been unfounded on the history of "2d" fighter games.

Just because you ended up being right doesn't mean you weren't making a mistake to believe it.

Magus420

Smash Master
You assumption would have been unfounded on the history of "2d" fighter games.

Just because you ended up being right doesn't mean you weren't making a mistake to believe it.

It's been known in the history of Smash however for many years.

I don't know why people would be surprised it's here in this game as well like it's a new concept. It uses and has used 3-dimensional hit/hurt bubbles, and not 2D boxes.

timothyung

Smash Ace

It's been known in the history of Smash however for many years.

I don't know why people would be surprised it's here in this game as well like it's a new concept. It uses and has used 3-dimensional hit/hurt bubbles, and not 2D boxes.
But are hitboxes 3D in Brawl? Character hurtboxes/yellow boxes seems to be 3D in both Melee and Brawl, but how about hitboxes/red boxes?

Tennet

Smash Champion
When Wario spot dodges, he moves into the foreground, when he goes up in the air is when hes going back.

Top Bottom