• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Yuna's Brawl Live Feed! ~updated regularly~

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'm sitting here playing Brawl (on the computer monitor) as I write this. I'll constantly update this thread with new information as I discover it. This post will constantly be updated. If you have any questions, post them here. I'll sift through my old thread in a while.

So far, confirmed techniques that are gone are:
* Float-canceling - Despite some people saying it's still in, it's definitely out. However, how much Peach lags is sometimes dependant on when during a move she lands. She seems to lag more out of the very start of the fair than at the very end. I might be wrong though, needs more testing. It's out nonetheless.
* Beach Bomber is gone. Peach will bounce off of people with it (including Sandbag), but not off of the stage.
* Dash Cancel is gone! That's right! If you're running, you can no longer cancel the lag from stopping the dash by simply tapping down!
* Peach's Final Smash can be performed in the air. Peach will inexplicably hover in the air and do it with full results. Which means that at least it's a mindgame. She can wait for an opportune time (anytime the opponent is on the ground) to perform it.
* Crouch Cancelling is indeed out. No trace of it.
* Peach's new Up Tilt sucks. She does a weird pose and stretches her hand up in the air and a heart appears in it. The hitbox is kinda small, you need to stand almost next to your opponent for it to hit. It cannot hit a standing Meta-Knight (but it hits Ike), so it'll whiff on short characters.
* You can no longer throw bludgeoning items with the C-stick. This includes the Fire Flower (C-sticking it forward or backward will result in using it). I'm holding Lip's Stick and I perform the Lip Stick forward smash every time I C-stick it. Which is good news, you can C-stick smashes (Down and Up) while holding bludgeoning tools.
* Missile Cancelling is in!
* You can now item catch with a Dashattack!
* Reverse Edge Grab - I saw it in vids and I can now confirm that if you at any time jump at the edge with your back to it, you'll automatically grab the ledge.
* Pit's Up B does no damage but dishes out slight knockback (almost nothing). It's all very strange.
* Jab cancel is in!
* The Gliding Toss works with Pit, but not with Link.
* You can grab the Final Smash simply by chucking stuff at it. I threw a crate at it and got it. However, I was standing quite close to it so that might be it as well.
* Auto-Jab - Simply holding down A will make your character execute their entire jab sequence (though not go into rapid fire mode - as evidence by how Link does).
* Yoshi's Final Smash: If he flies next to an opponent, heäll automatically use the Flame Thrower move.
* Tilted Tilts confirmed. Tilted Smashes are out completely. Neither Mario not Samus could do it with Fsmash!
* Mario no longer gets any recovery aid from the Cape.
* While under the influence of curry, you spew fire even when flying off from an attack and lying on the ground.
* In SSE, only Player 1 (or the player playing as Player 1) can enter doors.
* C-sticking while dashing will make you perform your Dash Attack.
* You can pick up items even while you're carrying a bludgeoning item such as a Beam Sword, as long as it's not something you have to carry! Yes, you can now wield weapons and still pick up food, a Starman, etc.
* Random Spawning points. You won't always spawn on the same spot based on which player you are. If there are only two people playing, the spawning points are set (but not who9 appears where).
* Stage Select Option - Among other things, "Loser Picks Next Stage"
* Quick change of settings - You no longer have to go into the settings menu to change the number of stocks, amount of time, etc. There'll now be a number to the left of the button for the settings menu in the Character Select screen. You can use it to change the settings.
* Items you pick up while under the influence of a Super Mushroom will also become Giant Items. No testing done on Poison Mushroom yet.
* You can now stand on crates.
*^No Wavelanding (you perform one by simply landing while doing, for example, Peach's Bair, right?).
* The colour of Peach's Parasol now depends on which color Peachs' dress is (White and Yellow for Daisy).
* The C-stick works in Single Player.
* Pausing during Break the Targets will stop the timer from running.
* Hookshot Cancel - If Link lands while doing an aerial hookshot, it will automatically be cancelled. Zero lag.
* Interruptable As Soon As frames confirmed. Marth still cheats the game with D-tilt.
* No Vidjo Cancel.
* You can no longer do Aerials with Z! It'll automatically become an Airdodge.
* You can no longer grab trophies in the air (in SSE).
* Link can move after an Aerial Hookshot has been retracted. Hookshotting in the air no longer means death.
* You can have stages built in Stage Builder on Random Stage Switch (in fact, they're all on by default).
* Tilting Smashes is in! Remember how I said it was out a little further up? Seems Sakurai was a little devious. You cannot tilt them with the C-stick. But you can using the control stick + A. Go figure! Zelda's Fsmash still can't be tilted, though.
* Ending Credits in Classic: Pictures of all of the characters, Assist Trophies, Trophies and Pokémon you've got unlocked so far (I think) + a few other things, incl. trophies. Shoot them for coins (don't get as many coins as shots hit). Each picture/trophy/thing can only be hit one. A weird algorithm will calculate the amount of coins awarded based on how many you hit out of how many. The speed at which the credits roll by is dependant on the song playing in the background.
* If Snake taunts, you can pick up his box and throw it at him.
* Screw Attack (or whatever that item was called) is no longer a handheld item. Once you grab it, it'll disappear. You won't be able to get rid of it manually and are forced to wait out its course (a few seconds) and, thus, you cannot throw it at others to force them to screw attack.
* Pits Up-tilt is sexy.
* All items grow/decrease in size depending on your size, even if you pick them up after you've been enlarged/minimized. This includes stuff like the beamsword.
* The knockback of grandfather turnips seems to be slightly nerfed. However, it's possible they appear more frequently now. I'm getting a lot of them... but then again, I'm me.
* A little red meter in the corner of the character select screen shows you how much longer you must hold B until you go back one screen.
* Much less wiggling is needed to get out of grabs now.
* Wall Clinging - Hold towards the wall while you jump at it and you'll cling to the wall. Squirtle and Sheik can do it (among others). I believe Squirtle clung to the wall when I wallteched once. Either you have to hold towards the wall or it does that automatically. More testing will be done.
* Bob-Ombs no longer last forever if you hold them. Eventually, they will start pulsing and blow up on their own! Peaches beware!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=CmGYKru9eAg
Peach's Complete Moveset

Anyone who wants to Brawl, PM me their friend code!

espio87

Smash Ace
please, could you go to training mode and and summon all the assist trophies you can? if you could record them I would apprecciate it too.
thanks in advance

dmbrandon

Smash Master
:D

If I didn;t have this game, I'd be all up in this thread everyday. Thanks for this!

Somebody

Smash Journeyman
Can you further investigate missle canceling? I've hear thats its both still in and that its out. Thats definetly gonna take some getting used to for me if it is out. I would appreciate if you could just mess around with this for a few minutes whenever you have time. Thanks.

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
By the way, I have access to a capture card. Videos are definitely coming up, inhcluding complete movesets!

Revven

FrankerZ
I <33 Yuna
So do I. I've been wanting to see entire move sets for the longest! Could you also demonstrate how Missile Canceling is in Brawl? I want to see if there's any noticeable differences at all in its application and if it really is useful still (it was in Melee but, that's because the missiles were overpowered, now they're not).

Regardless, this is great news for Samus! At least she kept her missile canceling, thank the heavens!

RyokoYaksa

BRoomer
BRoomer
See if you can jab cancel in this game. This is done by holding down+back on the stick to crouch, and tapping A with a quick rhythm for the 1st jab. The effect should result in quickly alternating between 1st jab and crouch.

Also, I think the problems you are experiencing with Peach's utilt is because it's a flipping up tilt. Use it against something that's actually above you. It comes out lightning fast and has very short lag. And it's certainly far more useful than Peach's old utilt ever was.

BrianM

Smash Journeyman
See if you can jab cancel in this game. This is done by holding down+back on the stick to crouch, and tapping A with a quick rhythm for the 1st jab. The effect should result in quickly alternating between 1st jab and crouch.

Also, I think the problems you are experiencing with Peach's utilt is because it's a flipping up tilt. Use it against something that's actually above you. It comes out lightning fast and has very short lag. And it's certainly far more useful than Peach's old utilt ever was.
I believe in Brawl it's done with simply the shield button (the shield won't come up).

RyokoYaksa

BRoomer
BRoomer
Oh, something really simple yet important... what about the status of angled tilts and Smash attacks? Can Zelda still angle ftilt but not Fsmash? Seems important because there's a whole slew of short characters in the game.

GKirby

Smash Apprentice
Thank you for all of this! It's great news (Although I wasn't very competitive in Melee, I did play ALOT, I will be doing the same in brawl... So i love it that there are still cancels) Few Questions though:
1. Assist trophies? can you list some or the ones we do not know of if possible?
2. Wolf's Move set.
3. How many stages in SSE?

hotgarbage

Smash Lord
:D Thanks for all this! I'll be looking forward to more Peach impressions myself :D

Zoolander

Smash Journeyman
For when you unlock Luigi, can you tell me if he has any noticeable changes? I mained him in Melee and I hope he's nearly the same. Thanks in advance!

The Great Leon

Smash Champion
could you investigate dash canceling by tapping shield? i also heard that dash canceling with a shield and grabbing afterward has some different properties, i think its faster. iirc noir deconfirmed it adding range.

also could you see if boost grabbing is in?

ro0kie42

Smash Apprentice
I can confirm throwing items at the smash ball will get you it. I threw a sword at one above me and got it. In fact, throwing items is a pretty effiicent way to grab it.

BooDestroyer

Smash Apprentice
Try to catch all the non-Primid and non-ROB Subspace enemies as trophies and then view them in the gallery one by one very thoroughly. Get some good angles of them, at that.

Fizz-sama

Smash Ace
Good ****, Yuna. One of my friends will adore you for this influx of new Peach info.

I have a few Ike questions dealing with jab cancel. What all are you able to link into after an A cancel and AA cancel? Mainly wondering about it possibly leading into moves like Eruption(maybe at a certain percentage?), ftilt(though I've heard a couple no's on this, I believe), and etc.

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
I just made a preliminary Peach moveset video. I couldn't get the Audio to capture, though. I'll try it out tomorrow. I'm currently converting it. It should be uploaded to Youtube soon.

Thino

Smash Master
* Quick change of settings - You no longer have to go into the settings menu to change the number of stocks, amount of time, etc. There'll now be a number to the left of the button for the settings menu in the Character Select screen. You can use it to change the settings.

this feature is actually back from SSB

Zek

Smash Ace
Slightly OT, what are you using to play your Wii on the monitor?

Cubemario

Smash Journeyman
The C-stick works in Single Player.

Thank god.

You can now item catch with a Dashattack!

Nice.

You can pick up items even while you're carrying a bludgeoning item such as a Beam Sword, as long as it's not something you have to carry! Yes, you can now wield weapons and still pick up food, a Starman, etc.

Also nice.

Random Spawning points. You won't always spawn on the same spot based on which player you are. If there are only two people playing, the spawning points are set (but not who9 appears where).

Great improvement.

Stage Select Option - Among other things, "Loser Picks Next Stage"

Wasn't this in melee?

You can now stand on crates.

Good improvement.

Hookshot Cancel - If Link lands while doing an aerial hookshot, it will automatically be cancelled. Zero lag.

This is a highlight. I would like to see some video footage though.

peachori

Smash Journeyman
did you try the vidjo-drop? i know you said you were going to but i dont see it anywhere in the first post. although you were spamming dair in the moveset video and maybe you were trying to vidjo drop then, lol.

webrunner

Smash Apprentice
Mario no longer gets any recovery aid from the Cape.
Are you certain? I've seen the cape being used to aid recovery in videos.. even the wifi test on the Dojo uses the cape for recovery a few times.

Top Bottom