• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Yu yu hakusho

Pachinkosam

I have no friends, Im dead inside

Yu yu hakusho is a old anime around 1992 and so on.
Its about a 14 year old kid named yusuke urameshi
who risk his life to safe a 5 year boy from a car crash.
But then find out that the car was gonna go to the left
and miss the kid.So in another words his death was a
complete waste.when we meets a friend called kuwabara who
try to pick on him in some school fights but as we speak
i say this anime is a classic in always watching it on toonami
brings the memories of a classic.

Some people agree with me that this is a great show.
The sad part they only made about 4 season not a long time ago
and made 2 movies.

i can speak more about the anime but ill just leave to you guys

Kal

Smash Champion
I watched the anime. Not terrible, but the last arc was super rushed.

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
I strongly dislike chapter black, i liked the last arc but it was rushed. Most of the last arc was better in the manga but even the creater of the series like some of the things they did in the anime last arc better then what he did and called it canon. Dark tourney is imo the best arc. And its funny that every other arc is a tournament

:phone:

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Hm, I could have sworn there was another YYH thread. Anyways, the only thing I didn't like about Chapter Black was how Yusuke died only to be revived. That and how the rest of the crew didn't stand a chance against Sensui. I felt like a team effort would have been better to see, or Yusuke never dying in the first place.

Dark Tourney was definitely my favorite, and the last arc was definitely rushed.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
I wanted to buy the manga but it is extremely rare to find in english

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
I have read it online, and I have the anime.

am I the only one who buys manga still?

something about actually possessing the physical copy makes it appealing to buy them for me. also, I want to pass it along to children in case the books are lost to history

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
Hm, I could have sworn there was another YYH thread. Anyways, the only thing I didn't like about Chapter Black was how Yusuke died only to be revived. That and how the rest of the crew didn't stand a chance against Sensui. I felt like a team effort would have been better to see, or Yusuke never dying in the first place.

Dark Tourney was definitely my favorite, and the last arc was definitely rushed.
Yea pretty sure there was already a thread about this.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
It's better to start a new one than necro a billion year old one.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

DerpDaBerp

Smash Champion
It's easy to blaze through a series with a physical copy, and not being free aside, physical copies are just more enjoyable than staring at a screen

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
I agree thar physical copies are more enjoyable, but **** it. Read the ****ing free manga and stop complaining.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
This thread is for Yu Yu Hakusho, not *****ing about someone reading a manga through a legal, physical way. Cool it.

Anyway, I loved this show as a kid. It used to be one of my favorite parts of Toonami.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Looking at scans is lame, I'd rather get the manga, which like Derp said, is far more enjoyable. Supporting others and official releases is always nice as well.

Chapter Black was also my favorite, especially because it broke the tournament formula that you keep seeing. I'm currently in the process of getting the volumes, only on like 11 or so I think. Hoping as Ruby said the last chapter is better, not only is it rushed, but it is another tournament, and has NO Kuwabara.

I mean, what the ****?

asianaussie

Smash Hero
prying pages apart to see the often-too-small text is not as enjoyable as reading hq scans

the only thing you get from physical copies is validation of your status as a 'true fan' or some **** like that

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
Chapter black did not break the tourney formula, b/c the formula was every other arc was a tourney and it came right after the dark tournament. Also i disliked chapter black b/c some of the people had broken powers and didnt have to work for them at all. Kinda took away from all the training everyone did to get as strong as they were when random guy got powers which could take your soul out of your body despite how strong u were.

I would be fine with the physical copy as long as someone wanted to buy it for me, i dont have the money to spend on things like manga.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Haha I never have problems reading the letters in manga. XD And I can't stand clicking and scrolling and not being able to have that access that the manga lets you have.

D

Deleted member

Best saga is chapter black
Quote for truth.

But the series was awesome in general. Aside from not suffering from horrid fillers like most long-running shonen (DBZ, Naruto, etc.), it has great music and intense battles that kept you in your seats. It also has very likable characters and a protagonist that you can relate with without said protagonist being unlikable.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
I liked the Chapter Black saga too, but I don't know about it being the best one. Was rather disappointed how the story became all about Yusuke being a demon at the end instead of the story laid out through the beginning and middle parts of the saga... Everything about Chapter Black was great at first, but once Yusuke and Sensui started fighting, it slowly dissolved into a chaotic DBZ-style fight, and eventually abandoned the superior story of the world's shades of gray and Sensui descending into madness and his deep hatred of humans for "OMG Yusuke's a demon!!".

Guess you could say the last bits of the saga was rushed like the last arc was. And about every other arc being a tournament of some sort, that got silly and overly redundant after the Dark Tournament. Should've had less tournaments and more of Yusuke being a spirit detective, which I thought was supposed to be the premise of the show in the first place.

Top Bottom