• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

YouTube

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
You know... There is always the option of not looking at the comments. That's a bit hard to do with a lot of curiosity, though.
How does this solve anything?

It still doesn't solve the problem of people being idiots.

Chuee

Smash Hero
ok on a brawl clan utube video some B**** called superduck or something said it was soooo nerdy and sh**. So then he makes a fu**in 8 minute long video making fun of it and looking on the leaders utube page. wait i think he deleted the video, Dam. Well at least i have proof that hes a 10 year old probally.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FknS9rEZa9c
lmao

PD4FR

Smash Ace
ok on a brawl clan utube video some B**** called superduck or something said it was soooo nerdy and sh**. So then he makes a fu**in 8 minute long video making fun of it and looking on the leaders utube page. wait i think he deleted the video, Dam. Well at least i have proof that hes a 10 year old probally.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FknS9rEZa9c
lmao
LOL, it probably is a 10 year old, :laugh:

I read the comments on the songs I listen to just for fun, LOL.:)

Toadsanime

Smash Journeyman
UK, England (We got Brawl late. Get over it.)
Admittedly, I agree that Youtube is pratically the worst website for scenarios like this. I've never visited such an incoherent, arrogant community before. Users there can be generally ignorant and offensive for what seems no reason at all; both via videos and comments. Homophobia, racism etc. litterally pours out of the comments there.
Ever since DeviantART announced they're allowing users to upload videos soon, I've been panicked. If the dA community ever becomes like the Youtube one, I'm gone.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Admittedly, I agree that Youtube is pratically the worst website for scenarios like this. I've never visited such an incoherent, arrogant community before. Users there can be generally ignorant and offensive for what seems no reason at all; both via videos and comments. Homophobia, racism etc. litterally pours out of the comments there.
Ever since DeviantART announced they're allowing users to upload videos soon, I've been panicked. If the dA community ever becomes like the Youtube one, I'm gone.
Yeah, I agree.

I wonder if the reason YouTube is so bad is that it's not very well moderated? A rarely see any sort of punishment given out to someone being a complete idiot, be it swearing, racist comments, spam, or just plain unnecessarily mean comments. Let's face it, with millions of videos and billiions of comments, it's not entirely surprising, but that might be why.

mzink*

Smash Ace
Youtube allows more freedom to speak what you feel like than more formal forums and such. The responsibility is instead on the individual users to decide what is acceptable rather than moderaters, being given the choice to allow or or not allow comments or delete individual comments. Also I don't think most were trying to tell you not to complain, it's just hard to differentiate between someone getting all stressed out over something and someone simply venting to release stress, which in this case you are simply venting.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Youtube allows more freedom to speak what you feel like than more formal forums and such. The responsibility is instead on the individual users to decide what is acceptable rather than moderaters, being given the choice to allow or or not allow comments or delete individual comments. Also I don't think most were trying to tell you not to complain, it's just hard to differentiate between someone getting all stressed out over something and someone simply venting to release stress, which in this case you are simply venting.
>.>
<.<

The only thing that's 'more free' about YouTube is that you can get away with saying just about anything. I don't think normal forums are all that crazy about saying what you think. That's the purpose of a forum.

And if the choice were ACTUALLY given to other people to decide what's acceptable, then people would not still be running around saying "get a life lolz".

Ultimately, this so-called "freedom" is merely a lack of control. I'd prefer more limitations over being told to get a life for loving video games.

Toadsanime

Smash Journeyman
The responsibility is instead on the individual users to decide what is acceptable rather than moderaters
And look at where that brings the Youtube community:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gP0FRHfZRis
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SB2xrO3YHyw&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=orwWw4jB9W0&feature=related

As if they're not bad enough, the comments are worse. That's not to mention all the predujical hate videos promoting racism and homophobia. And, before, you say, the comments highly exceed some videos both by quantity and offensiveness.

On this occassion, 'freedom' of some users leads to many others losing their freedom and rights. I can't see how anyone would see this as good.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974

As if they're not bad enough, the comments are worse. That's not to mention all the predujical hate videos promoting racism and homophobia. And, before, you say, the comments highly exceed some videos both by quantity and offensiveness.

On this occassion, 'freedom' of some users leads to many others losing their freedom and rights. I can't see how anyone would see this as good.
Oh my good god...

That first video was pretty bad, or at least I thought so before I saw the second two. How disturbed do you have to be to post a video like that?! And then the idiots laughing at it saying "He's so stupid!" or the idiots asking if the guy was okay

Toadsanime

Smash Journeyman
Oh my good god...

That first video was pretty bad, or at least I thought so before I saw the second two. How disturbed do you have to be to post a video like that?! And then the idiots laughing at it saying "He's so stupid!" or the idiots asking if the guy was okay
Youtube is packed with videos like that, even more so with comments that can be found amongst any video's comments.
Youtube may not have restrictions, but I don't think that causes 'freedom', it causes mayhem.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Youtube is packed with videos like that, even more so with comments that can be found amongst any video's comments.
Youtube may not have restrictions, but I don't think that causes 'freedom', it causes mayhem.
Ugh...

Reading further into those comments on the third video...I can't bear it. There are so many people laughing at that. What kind of sick person does that?!

Toadsanime

Smash Journeyman
Ugh...

Reading further into those comments on the third video...I can't bear it. There are so many people laughing at that. What kind of sick person does that?!
I'd rather not read further into any of the comments there. On trailers for the upcoming Resident Evil 5 game on Youtube, the comments are pratically spilling over with racism. It's disgusting.
It's just how messed up the Youtube community is. Of course, not every member of Youtube should be sectioned with that mess, but there really is a lot of people like that on Youtube. Laughing at people dying from terrible tragedies such as 9/11 is just one of the lows the Youtube community hits.
Anybody backing up the Youtube community should keep this in mind.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
youtube owns.
Could you...you know, contribute to the argument instead of spamming?
Either that or just don't post.

I beg to differ, I find YouTube to be a wholly unbearable place.

Toadsanime

Smash Journeyman
Could you...you know, contribute to the argument instead of spamming?
Either that or just don't post.

I beg to differ, I find YouTube to be a wholly unbearable place.
I think that LOL_master was most probably trolling rather than spamming.
It's sad that Youtube's community is so disgraceful, as there is sometimes some truly marvelous videos there.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
I think that LOL_master was most probably trolling rather than spamming.
It's sad that Youtube's community is so disgraceful, as there is sometimes some truly marvelous videos there.
Yeah, probably.

I agree. YouTube has great potential, people just make it all useless by making so many bad videos and by making so many outrageously stupid and ignorant comments.

The Fail Tracer

The Universal Cosmic Tracer
3DS FC
2337-5641-4371
Yeah, Youtube is terrible.

What annoys me so much is the downvoting system. Idiots abuse it so much on there it makes me want to throw things. Seriously, I go to different videos there, and I read the comments, and all the good comments have pointless downvotes on them, as well as the neutral and bad comments. DOWNVOTING MEANS THE COMMENT IS POOR.

I feel your pain, Firus.

Toadsanime

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, probably.

I agree. YouTube has great potential, people just make it all useless by making so many bad videos and by making so many outrageously stupid and ignorant comments.
It's because of the variety of people that make up that community. Whilst, for example, the SmashBoards is all for people that like Smash Bros, Youtube is for the interest of everybody. Variety inevitably causes messes like this, as there are some truly sickening humans out there.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Yeah, Youtube is terrible.

What annoys me so much is the downvoting system. Idiots abuse it so much on there it makes me want to throw things. Seriously, I go to different videos there, and I read the comments, and all the good comments have pointless downvotes on them, as well as the neutral and bad comments. DOWNVOTING MEANS THE COMMENT IS POOR.

I feel your pain, Firus.
Yeah, I get sick of that. That's more of the "giving the users the ability to decide what's okay" and you see how well it works. "I DISAGREE WITH THIS COMMENT!" *downed* "LOLZ I BE A TROLL!" *downed*

It's ridiculous.

It's because of the variety of people that make up that community. Whilst, for example, the SmashBoards is all for people that like Smash Bros, Youtube is for the interest of everybody. Variety inevitably causes messes like this, as there are some truly sickening humans out there.
Yeah, there are so many stupid, sick, etc. human beings that on such a largely populated site, you're bound to come upon thousands of them. That's one reason to go on a specific forum rather than a site that encompasses everything. You're more likely to get flamed for your likes/dislikes if you're on an all-encompassing site.

Toadsanime

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I get sick of that. That's more of the "giving the users the ability to decide what's okay" and you see how well it works. "I DISAGREE WITH THIS COMMENT!" *downed* "LOLZ I BE A TROLL!" *downed*
Yeah, that happens a lot. The same goes for the 'spam' button. I often click on 'show' on spammed comments to see nothing wrong with the comment. Sometimes it isn't even a differed opinion, so trollers is the obvious answer.

Yeah, there are so many stupid, sick, etc. human beings that on such a largely populated site, you're bound to come upon thousands of them. That's one reason to go on a specific forum rather than a site that encompasses everything. You're more likely to get flamed for your likes/dislikes if you're on an all-encompassing site.
Or death-threatened, which is more like Youtube. Seriously, I've seen a few occasions of that on Youtube. God, I've only just realised how much I hate Youtube...

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Yeah, that happens a lot. The same goes for the 'spam' button. I often click on 'show' on spammed comments to see nothing wrong with the comment. Sometimes it isn't even a differed opinion, so trollers is the obvious answer.
Yeah, although I see abuses with the spam button slightly less. Probably because you need multiple people to mark it as spam before it actually becomes marked as spam to the public (at least, I believe that's it. One time I accidentally clicked the mark as spam button on a perfectly good comment, and I refreshed and it was still there normally.)

Or death-threatened, which is more like Youtube. Seriously, I've seen a few occasions of that on Youtube. God, I've only just realised how much I hate Youtube...
You've seen death threats about likes/dislikes? God, that place is a mess. All I've seen so far are "get a life" comments and really stupid, immature comments like the ones that used to be on my channel.

Oh god, now I've got videos recommended for me based on those three awful videos...one of them was described as the sound of people hitting the pavement on 9/11.

It makes me sick just thinking about the person who would post that, or even worse, the people who will intently watch it.

Yaya

Smash Champion
Oh my god.

I just watched those videos, I am disturbed.

The first one was ********, the last two were sickening, I can't believe there are people who filmed that, hell, even put it on God**** Youtube.

I am sickened, I am disturbed, I am Pissed.

Toadsanime

Smash Journeyman
You've seen death threats about likes/dislikes? God, that place is a mess. All I've seen so far are "get a life" comments and really stupid, immature comments like the ones that used to be on my channel.

Oh god, now I've got videos recommended for me based on those three awful videos...one of them was described as the sound of people hitting the pavement on 9/11.

It makes me sick just thinking about the person who would post that, or even worse, the people who will intently watch it.
People watch them videos as forms of amusement and laugh at the people in the videos. Those three were just a few examples of Youtube's hell-like apperances.

Oh my god.

I just watched those videos, I am disturbed.

The first one was ********, the last two were sickening, I can't believe there are people who filmed that, hell, even put it on God**** Youtube.

I am sickened, I am disturbed, I am Pissed.
Kinda' proves mzinkk9's points as wrong straight away, doesn't it? And, yes, the videos are sickening. The links/reccomendations on the sides of them videos look terrible, too. I haven't watched them, but just the name and the example image looks bad enough.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Which is exactly why I've never commented on or uploaded a video to Youtube. Easily one of the filthiest places on the infranet.

I must say though, reading the comments on Youtube is priceless. I could do so for hours on end for the sheer stupidity found amongst them.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
I must say though, reading the comments on Youtube is priceless. I could do so for hours on end for the sheer stupidity found amongst them.
It was funny seeing all the comments after the 'limp bizkit' hint for the weekly character discussion thread.

Zylar

Smash Ace
People for me when it comes to youtube mixing with Brawl : Vids 50% actually worth someting / 50% Some 9 year old kid with a wii, brawl, and camer he got for christmas that is bored / Not including glitches.

(Disclaimer : The following statement is a rant, and thus I don't hate all 10 year old nor do I think all 10 year olds on youtube showing Brawl are idiots.)

/Brain : Faster thought process. /Hands : Harder pressing. //Logic : (Lessening/Incresing) Variable
///Commence rant

Basically most things I've experinced with people who are idiots or stupid, or flame a channel, or etc., are 10 year olds. 10 year olds! Retared 10 year olds who think that their little network of friends can get a "5 - star" and B da popular vid evAR. 10 year olds who weren't properly taught the rules of manners, ESPECIALLY in language. Highly crude, distasteful, plainly HORRIBLE and INSULTING comments. 10 year olds who talk like this in daily life. 10 year olds who have too much time, willing to do anything for a laugh/ joke with are evil in nature.
What has happened to all the kids these days, all of them cussing, swearing, dressing inappropriately, no respect, far to early to be dating, LET ALONE KISSING/MAKING OUT, conforming, hating, hating for no reason, hurting people, wasting their lives. And I ask a serious question each of you should answer yourself: WHY HAVE THE KIDS BEEN DEGREADED TO SUCH!!!! It truely breaks my heart to see them like this, but I hate them just the same.(I hope that's not evil) What I'm getting at is that the younger kids try to act like teenagers, but they can't since they're not mature (WHATSOEVER AND ALMOST NEVER WILL BE), and so when they become teenages they become the horrible people that some teens can be. And that translates to horrible adults messing with other adults.

//end rant about 10 year olds

Of course it isn't always 10 year olds, but it's hard not to tell when they yell, speak, whatever during the vid.
I know for a fact that such immature people cannot rest, sleep, have a good day, LIVE, without making someone elses horrible. They do this in their real lives, and it comes naturally through the internet. They live for the sadness of others. They soak and bathe in it's horrible pleasures, so of course your going to get that through the internet.

GOOOOOOOSSSSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ahhh
Good to get that out.

BTW I just do nuetral comments, and so far no stupidity was ever centered on me.

ACDCGAMER

Smash Rookie
Meh, I've been on YouTube for almost 2 years (I'm pretty famous on there, at least for the videos I make). Just ignore the trolls, they have no self-esteem at all and just want to get a reaction out of you to make their miserable lives somehow better. The thing is though, if you thought YouTube was bad, it's nothing compared to 4chan, and I'm not kidding.

Puddin

Smash Lord
I don't think the "This is the internet, no one cares" excuse can really be used at all, the internet has became a huge part of peoples lives. Most people spend their time on the internet, so obviously they must care about SOMETHING here.

Although I don't think everyting on the internet should be taken THAT seriously. It's easy to lie, troll and get kicks out of others reactions, even in real life so it's doubly so on the internet.

But most everyone on Youtube is an idiot and comments usually consist of...

First.

If this video wasted your time copy and past to every video you watch.

Wanna have a good time? go to (insert site here)

If you don't copy pasta this to every video you will die.

"in 1964 13 year old Elisa Johnson was ***** and murdered in North Carolina, her body was found with multiple stab wounds, and now that you've read this, every night she will come to your house and hang from your closet with glowing red eyes, the only way to stop this is to post this to 10 other videos. SORRY I DIDNT WANT HER IN MY ROOM"

A more recent one I've stumbled upon.

Not to mention the strew of terrible, unfunny videos being uploaded every day.

And don't get me started on the Naruto AMV's....

Puddin

Smash Lord
Obvious Troll is Obvious.

Obviously Maachinima is a troll.

Your friend is good with the drums on Rock Band, is that hard or expert? I think I could play it. But I'm getting the PS3 version =\

NOW

Smash Cadet
Yep. This is sad, a prime example.

By the way, I don't like to ask this but...can anyone please do a favor for me? My Brawl Tribute (yes, ironic because I don't actually like Brawl anymore, but I made it before its release), my only video, has a 1 star rating...and I'd be willing to bet money it's from a moron posting "dude get a life" and proceeded to make that comment about me not understanding the concept of giving advice for life because I don't have one. If a few people could just watch and honestly rate it, I'd appreciate it so I don't have a video rated 1 star as a result of a 10 year-old.
Wow, that video was SERIOUSLY ********.

Puddin

Smash Lord

Note on the WTC video there is a comment stating "No kidding? Get a life"

So you don't even need to post about Video Games to be told to do so.

SuperMetroid44

Smash Lord
People for me when it comes to youtube mixing with Brawl : Vids 50% actually worth someting / 50% Some 9 year old kid with a wii, brawl, and camer he got for christmas that is bored / Not including glitches.

(Disclaimer : The following statement is a rant, and thus I don't hate all 10 year old nor do I think all 10 year olds on youtube showing Brawl are idiots.)

/Brain : Faster thought process. /Hands : Harder pressing. //Logic : (Lessening/Incresing) Variable
///Commence rant

Basically most things I've experinced with people who are idiots or stupid, or flame a channel, or etc., are 10 year olds. 10 year olds! Retared 10 year olds who think that their little network of friends can get a "5 - star" and B da popular vid evAR. 10 year olds who weren't properly taught the rules of manners, ESPECIALLY in language. Highly crude, distasteful, plainly HORRIBLE and INSULTING comments. 10 year olds who talk like this in daily life. 10 year olds who have too much time, willing to do anything for a laugh/ joke with are evil in nature.
What has happened to all the kids these days, all of them cussing, swearing, dressing inappropriately, no respect, far to early to be dating, LET ALONE KISSING/MAKING OUT, conforming, hating, hating for no reason, hurting people, wasting their lives. And I ask a serious question each of you should answer yourself: WHY HAVE THE KIDS BEEN DEGREADED TO SUCH!!!! It truely breaks my heart to see them like this, but I hate them just the same.(I hope that's not evil) What I'm getting at is that the younger kids try to act like teenagers, but they can't since they're not mature (WHATSOEVER AND ALMOST NEVER WILL BE), and so when they become teenages they become the horrible people that some teens can be. And that translates to horrible adults messing with other adults.

//end rant about 10 year olds

Of course it isn't always 10 year olds, but it's hard not to tell when they yell, speak, whatever during the vid.
I know for a fact that such immature people cannot rest, sleep, have a good day, LIVE, without making someone elses horrible. They do this in their real lives, and it comes naturally through the internet. They live for the sadness of others. They soak and bathe in it's horrible pleasures, so of course your going to get that through the internet.

GOOOOOOOSSSSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ahhh
Good to get that out.

BTW I just do nuetral comments, and so far no stupidity was ever centered on me.

I agree, 10 Year olds are so stupid on youtube.

I mean, They think there all that and its funny when you see them with there grammer mistakes! :laugh:

Yeah so basically, I agree with EVERYTHING your saying. :)

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I swear to god, you will never find such a large collection of idiots ANYWHERE as you will on YouTube.
GameFaqs. I win. :laugh:

Seriously though, youtube is the only place stupid enough to have someone say that The Arbiter has a 100% of being in Brawl.....IN THE MIDDLE OF JANUARY!!! :laugh:

Toadsanime

Smash Journeyman
I agree, 10 Year olds are so stupid on youtube.

I mean, They think there all that and its funny when you see them with there grammer mistakes! :laugh:

Yeah so basically, I agree with EVERYTHING your saying. :)
Isn't this just the most ironically hypocritical statement you've ever read in your life? :laugh:
If that was sarcasm, it was pulled off very swiftly.
----
I agree, ten-year-old's are so stupid on Youtube.
I mean, they think they're all that; and it's funny when you see them with their grammar mistakes! :laugh:

Top Bottom