• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Your Rickerdy Moments

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer

We all know Rickerdy's unwholesome fascination with Toad. So, share with us your "Rickerdy" moments- awesome toad happenstances which made you think, "Oh man, I wish Rickerdy had seen that."

My best was actually two days ago- I toaded a Lucario fsmash on Green Greens. The toad spores not only launched him back, but also detonated the bombs they launched him into, blowing him off the top.

xD

I also enjoy toading Toon Link's returning boomerang.

You?

White-Peach

Smash Ace
Peach dittos and Toad'ing turnips used to limit movement. You know, the ones that wont hit you if you stand still, but still limit your counterattack. Especially the ones that are tossed during a jump, those are prime targets. Dash into them, jump if you can (to increase the size of that fan of spores), and toad that ****.

Toad is far from useless, he's just situational and largely matchup-specific. (I totally suck with ZSS [but she's fun to play as!] and having used Toad over the years has taught me how to shoot those backwards paralyzer shot things :D)

ApplesOfDoom

Smash Journeyman
I was in a peach ditto, and in the match I used toad before the other peach hit me with fair. When she hit toad, she froze in the air for the duration of Toads spore's... and even hit me.

I have no idea what happened. Explain.

Semmick

Smash Journeyman
I was facing my friend on FD and he was Fox, I through a turnip, he shined it and I toad-ed him. Not only was it surprising but it killed him at around 80% O_o

Villi

Smash Lord
I have no epic Toad moments, only mild successes and blunders unfortunately.

Against people who challenge my dairs with aerials, I'll SH toad if I can't just run under them and up smash. I tried this against DDD's bair and he ate all of my toad spores and hit me anyway. :(

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
I have a lot of Rickerdy moments as I play a lot with him online. Somehow he starts to use toad less :chuckle:
That's because you know when I'm going to use it and punish me horribly for it :(

Or you just Bowser F Smash straight through it >.>

Just for the record guys, I'll hopefully be getting some more recent replays up and I reckon you'll be surprised at how little I use Toad in some of them

So Praxis...what's the reason for this thread again? xD

SleeplessInKyoto

Smash Apprentice
Dude, i am a freaking Toad addict (ask rick, seriously) and i've had SO many of these moments.

Firstly, recovering to stage, Samus shoots a full charged shot and i Toad the shot and recover unharmed.

Toading Metaknight's shuttle loop and killing him off stage.

Pulling out a bob-omb, throwing it, Ike catches it, throws it back at me and i Toad it.

And the most EPIC of all :

Snake sticks a C4 to my face, explodes it and i Toad it just in time. I was at 170% btw.

I use Toad so much there's just so many "OMG **** YES!" moments. Seriously use it more guys.

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
It's true. Sleepless is like what I used to be like :D

Perhaps it's just a thing that English Peach's have...

KOing with Toad is hilarious. Especially when they DI straight up and die xD

What's also funny is that in Peach dittos, my opponent actually uses Toad more than me :/

Which brings me to that point - did my guide help any of you at all? And did I really bring about Toad to such an extent? I hope it's proved useful in a way ^^

Oh, but what does suck is when someone hits you at the invincibilty frames point and doesn't set off the counter...and then F Smashes you

****ing Wario

Rizul

Smash Cadet
Mindgames Rick mindgames. I can side b you if you toad. Or an airdodge towards you and punish. Or fair in the hopes you do nothing. So far each option is viable. I am sure wifi helps me to :laugh:

Didn't you already had many replays Rick?

_Keno_

Smash Lord
I'm not sure if Melee toad moments count, but w/e.

One time I toaded a turnip that a falco threw (after he caught it from me), and he landed right next to me and shielded. The spores came out and instantly broke his shield.

PrepareYourself

Smash Ace
I was doing a Peach ditto with MarcBuckley. I glidetossed, he toaded, I toaded, his spores flew, my spores flew.

=D

Top Bottom