• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Your Reaction to the Umbra Witch's Reveal?

AAAZZZ

Smash Rookie
I will abandon my main like Nintendo has.
Maybe I will change my avatar to Mandom.

Hark17ball

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Talos21
3DS FC
0662-5845-1699
I was concerned I saw Pit, Bowser and Samus and thought "maybe Hades? Medusa?"....then I heard her voice and was like "OMG They added Bayon..."she appears"...."HOT DAMN!"

FEW3

Smash Rookie
NNID
Super_Casseh
I was laughing because like everyone said she was impossible because she is from a M game and Nintendo still decided to make her a character.
Then when I saw all her moveset, I started being really hype because it looks pretty awesome.
I plan on giving her a chance (secondary? pocket? character I pay from time to time? depend on her playstyle ^^)

Morbi

Scavenger
I was disappointed with the trailer from the get-go because it was standard Battlefield footage. However, the moment I heard her voice, I knew she was the ballot winner. In one respect, I was disappointed because I had been pretentiously supporting Banjo and Kazooie up to that point; however, after seeing her faithful adaption into Smash, she invalidated my main.

Conn1496

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0344-9757-7217
"IT'S VIRIDI. JFC, IT'S VIRID-- oh...

It's... Bayonetta? Oh... Okay... Okay?.. Okay!!"

The only part of the presentation I was actually excited for TBH. Bayonetta came right out of no-where for me, and I can't say I'm dissapointed, even though I've never played a Bayonetta game, she is damn rad as a character. -and her moveset looks like the most fun thing ever (That slowdown counter is literally sexier than her body, TBH, don't care what you think. lmao).

Looks OP to me already though. Not gonna lie. lol

All in all, just makes me wanna actually play Bayonetta. T-T

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
Actual conversation between my sister and me:

Me: They're going to show the last DLC character now.

Sister: And then it's Bayonetta or something.

Me: Heh.

-Bayonetta shows up-

Me: BAYONETTA WHAT

Sister: NAILED IT! -fistpump-

LunarWingCloud

Smash Lord
NNID
LunarWingStorm
3DS FC
2449-4791-3879
I was a little weirded out by Pit starting the trailer. Then I heard her voice. Then she appeared. Then I started screaming. I was shaking, I was really happy. Bayonetta 2 was my favorite game from last year and is in my Top 20 of all time, I liked Bayonetta 1 a hell of a lot too, but I didn't think it'd be possible to play as her in Smash, ever. I considered veterans like Wolf or newcomers like Inklings to be complete shoe-ins, but when I saw her, I flipped out with happiness and hyped. I'm just that damn excited for her, I am gonna use her a hell of a lot, no doubt about it.

Thor

Smash Champion
When she showed up, I started smiling and realized that, contrary to what I'd thought, a feasible newcomer COULD generate hype after Cloud.

I also smiled because I realized as she was revealed that Bayonetta might be one of the only characters that could convince my sister to play Smash with me. I know she loves Bayonetta and she freaked out over her inclusion. It's also a reason I might try the Bayonetta games now [something she's encouraged me to do].

Had I voted on the Smash ballot way back, I'd considered Bayonetta, Snake, Wolf, ICs, Cloud, Lightning [Claire Farron], and Lloyd Irving before not voting. Now I just wish I'd boosted her vote total.

I wasn't expecting her, and I was mostly not caring about Corrin [cool, another someone I don't know,!], but Bayonetta's appearance made me realize I actually do care who is added, and she is someone I appreciate.

10/10 for making me actually care about the DLC beyond "Hey look more people for the roster" and want to try their source games, as well as the character in Smash.

When I saw Pit, I was at 0. Or, like, -10,000,000.

And then I heard "Oh, another angel."

And then I made noises I didn't even know humans could make.

Ridleyridster

Smash Journeyman
I was absolutely floored. Bayonetta was one of my most wanted characters, but I had her up there with my most wanted, Ridley, as being impossible.

And now here she is.

Wow. About all I can say.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
"Oh great not another Kid Icarus character"

*Bayonetta appears*

"Woah, she actually made it in"

(I probably would have been more excited if I played the games first).

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
Uncontrollable hype. She was one of my most wanted newcomers, but never in my wildest dreams did I imagine she'd actually make it in.

Thank you, Europe.
You are welcome. Bomberman or Bayonetta, and who we got? The one with the more "Boom" effect.

When I saw Pit, I was at 0. Or, like, -10,000,000.

And then I heard "Oh, another angel."

And then I made noises I didn't even know humans could make.
That is literally me. I couldn't stop my stupid grin after I saw her disorted witch shadow... so much details. <3

Last edited:

Tito Maas

Smash Ace
NNID
2OwtBlue
A lot of people are disappointed that they didn't get certain name characters, but I loev the direction Smash is taking. Both Corrin and Bayonetta are extremely diverse with super wide movesets. Honestly, some of the suggestions like K. Rool just wouldn't be able to provide what Corrin, Ryu, and Bayonetta are providing to the game.

Renanri

Smash Cadet
NNID
RuriAri
3DS FC
1049-1229-2048
I orgasmed... to say the least. I'm so upset that my microphone crapped out halfway through my recording... I'm gonna be re-recording my reaction though, since I seem to climax every time I look at the trailer.

Last edited:

abx

Smash Journeyman
I'm very surprised to see Bayonetta since I had... no clue whatsoever what the Bayonetta games were about. I didn't think it was THAT popular to make it through the ballot despite the competition from the retro characters. I don't own a Wii U though. How great is her popularity compared to - say - Dante from Devil May Cry?
I'm pretty excited about her though. Her design is pretty rat and her move set looks promising.

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
I'm very surprised to see Bayonetta since I had... no clue whatsoever what the Bayonetta games were about. I didn't think it was THAT popular to make it through the ballot despite the competition from the retro characters. I don't own a Wii U though. How great is her popularity compared to - say - Dante from Devil May Cry?
I'm pretty excited about her though. Her design is pretty rat and her move set looks promising.
I consider, or well, see her as spiritual successor to Devil may cry.
That what lacked in DMC, we got in Bayonetta 1&2.
The game uses Sexapeal more for humourous reasons, rather than actual sex-appeal like dead or alive.

I would highly reccomend it. It's a wonderful IP.

Puppyfaic

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Puppyluvv
When I saw the trailer focusing on Pit and he had unique voice clips and everything, I got worried we were gonna get a Kid Icarus character, as there are none left that particularly interest me. But as soon as I heard "Oh, another angel?" I knew who it was. I knew what was going on here, and I've never even touched a Bayonetta game. And if you noticed, right before her trailer started, Sakurai stated that this was going to be the "climax" of Smash Bros. DLC. Very very clever.

Well played, Massive Hero Soccer Guy.

Last edited:

Mr.Seven

Smash Journeyman
NNID
The_FPG
Bayonetta in Smash is definitely a nice surprise. I was pretty happy that she got in. Definitely going to buy her when she releases. Though here's the thing:

I feel as though that in the Direct back in November, Cloud was the final big hurrah for Smash, and that Corrin and Bayonetta were like an Epilogue... If you get my meaning. Like, "After that big climactic moment, time to ease you down with this final bit here."

I'm just hoping Bayonetta can be the one to become a natural Sheik and RosaLuma counter. Her ridiculous chains look like they can do just that. I mean, she made Villager's recovery look like crap.

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
I'm just hoping Bayonetta can be the one to become a natural Sheik and RosaLuma counter. Her ridiculous chains look like they can do just that. I mean, she made Villager's recovery look like crap.
She got a neutral B that could potentially outdo needles. It even attacked through Link's shield if I saw it correctly.

Last edited:

jordanm43444

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Jordanm43444
Bayonetta trailer starts:
"Be careful Pit another challanger comes!"
OH REALLY ANOTHER KI REP WOOPY FRICKIN DO
*almost hits alt+f4*
"Oh? An angel? Must have missed one..."
*Jaw immedietley drops and screams for the next 10 minutes.*

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
The biggest disappointment i have had since Iwata first announced the game at E3.

Not joking.
Will not purchase or Corrin.
0 respect for Sakurai i wish he retires.

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
The biggest disappointment i have had since Iwata first announced the game at E3.

Not joking.
Will not purchase or Corrin.
0 respect for Sakurai i wish he retires.
Everyone is entiteled to their opinion, but atleast care to elaborate why?
Otherwise people just write it off as super salty troll/hater comment. I mean, because a developer added an optional additional character, which seemingly makes many people happy, but certainly not all... you wish him to retire?

Last edited:

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Everyone is entiteled to their opinion, but atleast care to elaborate why?
Otherwise people just write it off as super salty troll/hater comment. I mean, because a developer added an optional additional character, which seemingly makes many people happy, but certainly not all... you wish him to retire?
Dude are you being for real?
Weres K.Rool?
Ridley?
Wolf?
Snake?

They were all the chars i wanted i been screwed over in every possible way since iwata announced this game at E3 for 3DS and WiiU interms or characters, DLC & Balance patches.

I was like ow cool
Megaman
Sonic
Pacman
Ryu
Cloud
Everyone seems to have a char hmm except microsoft...master chief hell.no wouldnt happen....hmmm who would be iconic, loved, fitting, deserving, popular, make alot of money £ and comeplete the pizza.

And there was a character that remarkably had all those traits if its even possible there is...
It was completely possible to no hard time to obtain licenses etc smooth and easy process and finally i would have got atleast 1 thing from about 4 years of waiting...

Screenshot_2015-12-16-11-13-12.png

It was all upto Sakurai.

I dont give a damn if i even get banned from this site anymore and i will not stop voicing my opnion you have no idea marvel.should create a new superhero called "Salt man" & base him of me right now.

Dont give a ****.

I seriously wish, hope, pray Sakurai retires i honestly do.

I may Sell my WiiU & Smash like i promised if she got revelaed which i posted in the general direct social thread about 30.mins b4 the direct happened.

Im.so.done i dont give a flying **** about anything.

You have no idea how bull* this is no.one could ever comprehend

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
Dude are you being for real?
Weres K.Rool?
Ridley?
Wolf?
Snake?

They were all the chars i wanted i been screwed over in every possible way since iwata announced this game at E3 for 3DS and WiiU interms or characters, DLC & Balance patches.

I was like ow cool
Megaman
Sonic
Pacman
Ryu
Cloud
Everyone seems to have a char hmm except microsoft...master chief hell.no wouldnt happen....hmmm who would be iconic, loved, fitting, deserving, popular, make alot of money £ and comeplete the pizza.

And there was a character that remarkably had all those traits if its even possible there is...
It was completely possible to no hard time to obtain licenses etc smooth and easy process and finally i would have got atleast 1 thing from about 4 years of waiting...

View attachment 87837

It was all upto Sakurai.

I dont give a damn if i even get banned from this site anymore and i will not stop voicing my opnion you have no idea marvel.should create a new superhero called "Salt man" & base him of me right now.

Dont give a ****.

I seriously wish, hope, pray Sakurai retires i honestly do.

I may Sell my WiiU & Smash like i promised if she got revelaed which i posted in the general direct social thread about 30.mins b4 the direct happened.

Im.so.done i dont give a flying **** about anything.

You have no idea how bull* this is no.one could ever comprehend
You seem very very very salty...
Just because the game wasn't customized to -your- end?
You are acting not really nice, she was chosen by the poll, made sense, is actual and a 2nd party developer, her games essence is fighting.
Let's imagine the poll ended with cloud, and no corrin/bayo were announced. You wouldn't react this way, very likely.
Why are you enraged about this then, it wouldn't change much for you in either scenario, since you wouldn't get yourself bayo either way, but a huge amount of people would be happy.
Are you -that- mad that you can't calm down, and just enjoy what you got already? You bought smash without DLC news propably, why should additional OPTIONAL content ruin your experience?

And please,
Weres K.Rool? - Many better choices...?
Ridley? - Impossible to implement correctly on 3ds, or character balancing, without disregarding his canon-size.
Wolf? - Alternative skin from fox, and honestly... where is pichu/young link? Hm? I know wolf had his own little moves, and this is honestly worth a discussion, but he'd be a semi-clone, and not a full fledged new character.
Snake? - Seen what konami did with the new Metal gear? The situation was problematic, and it's a shame we didn't got him. But even so, I certainly enjoy bayonetta.

OH, and if you don't give a damn... why even announce it everywhere?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I've wanted her since the ballot, heck I have a twitter post from April 2nd talking about her and wanting her in Smash, I am not dissapointed.
:4bayonetta::4bayonetta::4bayonetta::4bayonetta::4bayonetta::4bayonetta:
Sakurai broke my ****

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
You seem very very very salty...
Just because the game wasn't customized to -your- end?
You are acting like a spoiled brat, she was chosen by the poll, made sense, is actual and a 2nd party developer, her games essence is fighting.
Let's imagine the poll ended with cloud, and no corrin/bayo were announced. You wouldn't react this way, very likely.
Why are you enraged about this then, it wouldn't change much for you in either scenario, since you wouldn't get yourself bayo either way, but a huge amount of people would be happy.
Are you -that- mad that you can't calm down, and just enjoy what you got already? You bought smash without DLC news propably, why should additional OPTIONAL content ruin your experience?

And please,
Weres K.Rool? - Many better choices...?
Ridley? - Impossible to implement correctly on 3ds, or character balancing, without disregarding his canon-size.
Wolf? - Alternative skin from fox, and honestly... where is pichu/young link? Hm? I know wolf had his own little moves, and this is honestly worth a discussion, but he'd be a semi-clone, and not a full fledged new character.
Snake? - Seen what konami did with the new Metal gear? The situation was problematic, and it's a shame we didn't got him. But even so, I certainly enjoy bayonetta.

OH, and if you don't give a damn... why even announce it everywhere?
No dude you all snug and happy in your cosy mansion because you like everyone else got exactly what they asked for.

You have no idea you cant comprehend this **** trust me.
You have no idea whatsoever.

And please for the love of god dont talk to me about chars...please learn about nintendo history and its legacy its roots...

Please dont reply back to this message before you have played the following games.

DKC.jpg

DK_Country_2.jpg

Dkc3_snes_boxart.jpg

Shroob

Sup?
Considering there's a high amount of salt right now, excuse my cross post.

*Ahem*

Honestly, say what you will about Etika, but the way he ended his Stream I honestly thought was one of the best, most respectful, rational, and CALM(This is Etika, so him being calm is a rarity) ways anyone could, and I wish that more people would act like this. The fact that I'm even having to write this is saddening.

He acknowledged that we didn't get stuff like Wolf, or Ice Climbers, or Banjo Kazooie, or Shovel Knight/Shantae, or K.Rool or Inklings or any of that stuff, but he was okay with it because Smash 4 is already an amazing game even without them, and that we really do end up looking a gift horse in the mouth sometimes. This game has 55(58) characters and 6 Third Party characters. You can have Cloud, Megaman, Ryu, Mario, Sonic, Pac-Man and Bayonetta all fight each other... Does this not blow your mind?

Brawl had 35 characters, 40 with transformations and the Pokemon Trainer, and only 2 Third-Party characters. If I had told you back then that Smash 4 would have 55 characters, 58 with Miis, and 6 Third Party characters, what would you say? "It's crap because X character is missing?" Really? Would you really throw everything aside because ONE character you wanted didn't make the cut, or you didn't like how a couple choices were handled?

How absolutely petty can we be? When ETIKA of all people is actually being a stand up figure in the speculation side of things, and being RATIONAL(Mind you, the same guy who was saying GOKU FOR SMASH), you know how far you've fallen.

Do I agree with everything Sakurai has done? No, of course not. Am I ******** and whining about it? No. Why? Because I choose to play the game, because I enjoy it and have fun with it. So WHAT if I didn't get every character I wanted?

Everyone who's throwing a pity party of "Oh I hate the game now. Game is trash." You disgust me. You are ungrateful, and if you don't want to play anymore, feel free to stop. We're not stopping you. But don't expect warm hugs and kisses if you choose to stick around and mope and feel sorry for yourself. If you're going to stop playing, then stop. Actions speak louder than words, and if you're still talking, you're not convincing anyone.

And anyone who rubs their characters into the faces of fanbases who got shunned, you're no better. Be grateful that your character got in at all while countless others weren't soo lucky. Remember, there's always a future Smash game, and your character could get cut just as easily as theirs did.

Door's that way.

----->

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I cannot believe how ungrateful people are, we have 58 characters!
58 CHARACTERS
Do you know the hard work is to make a fighting game with so many characters.

jordanm43444

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Jordanm43444
Honestly im still MAD that Isaac isnt in Smash 4 in any way shape or form.

BUT BAYONETTA BEING IN THE GAME THOUGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGH

Last edited:

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
No dude you all snug and happy in your cosy mansion because you like everyone else got exactly what they asked for.

You have no idea you cant comprehend this **** trust me.
You have no idea whatsoever.

And please for the love of god dont talk to me about chars...please learn about nintendo history and its legacy its roots...

Please dont reply back to this message before you have played the following games.
Bomberman didn't got added. I am still fine with Bayo tho, and she amazed me in the trailer, hence my happiness.
I can't comprehend this? Oh sorry, I didn't knew you were me.
I do own a freaking NES till WiiU, I did played every game you listed, most of my friends even did. But not a single one got mad or salty, heck, I didn't even wanted banjo in the game... because I couldn't see him in there, as I can't see goku, and other characters I might love to have in.

I don't throw a fit because Conin got a place, despite an overpopulation of FE character. Because I can enjoy the game for what it is already.

Shroob Shroob , Very well said.

Oh, and just saying... I won't partace in an discussion about "possible" gameplay with high theoretical speculations. Like... really. I had enough of them already.

Last edited:

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
I cannot believe how ungrateful people are, we have 58 characters!
58 CHARACTERS
Do you know the hard work is to make a fighting game with so many characters.
Dude i dont give a ****ing flying man from magicant F.U.C.K if this game had 1,000 characters having 58 you damn sure know im telling the truth i dont give a F.U.C.K and no i dont have to be greatful for what? I got ****ed over since this game got announced wtf do i gotta be greatful for?

Dude this game could have as many chars as ****ing melee did but just replace Young Link, Pichu for K.Rool, Beast Ganon or Ridley and i would love that roster so much more and be truly greatful.

**** him dont talk to me about being greatful dude you have no idea no idea what so ever.
And if this game did have 1,000 chars your damn sure 900 of the newcomers would be from FE and the other 100 would be split between 3rd parties and anime, movie chars.

Thats how broken smash has become its a mess.

Considering there's a high amount of salt right now, excuse my cross post.

*Ahem*

Honestly, say what you will about Etika, but the way he ended his Stream I honestly thought was one of the best, most respectful, rational, and CALM(This is Etika, so him being calm is a rarity) ways anyone could, and I wish that more people would act like this. The fact that I'm even having to write this is saddening.

He acknowledged that we didn't get stuff like Wolf, or Ice Climbers, or Banjo Kazooie, or Shovel Knight/Shantae, or K.Rool or Inklings or any of that stuff, but he was okay with it because Smash 4 is already an amazing game even without them, and that we really do end up looking a gift horse in the mouth sometimes. This game has 55(58) characters and 6 Third Party characters. You can have Cloud, Megaman, Ryu, Mario, Sonic, Pac-Man and Bayonetta all fight each other... Does this not blow your mind?

Brawl had 35 characters, 40 with transformations and the Pokemon Trainer, and only 2 Third-Party characters. If I had told you back then that Smash 4 would have 55 characters, 58 with Miis, and 6 Third Party characters, what would you say? "It's crap because X character is missing?" Really? Would you really throw everything aside because ONE character you wanted didn't make the cut, or you didn't like how a couple choices were handled?

How absolutely petty can we be? When ETIKA of all people is actually being a stand up figure in the speculation side of things, and being RATIONAL(Mind you, the same guy who was saying GOKU FOR SMASH), you know how far you've fallen.

Do I agree with everything Sakurai has done? No, of course not. Am I ******** and whining about it? No. Why? Because I choose to play the game, because I enjoy it and have fun with it. So WHAT if I didn't get every character I wanted?

Everyone who's throwing a pity party of "Oh I hate the game now. Game is trash." You disgust me. You are ungrateful, and if you don't want to play anymore, feel free to stop. We're not stopping you. But don't expect warm hugs and kisses if you choose to stick around and mope and feel sorry for yourself. If you're going to stop playing, then stop. Actions speak louder than words, and if you're still talking, you're not convincing anyone.

And anyone who rubs their characters into the faces of fanbases who got shunned, you're no better. Be grateful that your character got in at all while countless others weren't soo lucky. Remember, there's always a future Smash game, and your character could get cut just as easily as theirs did.

Door's that way.

----->
Dude please cut the bull* suck up royalty speech Etika got everyone he wanted
Who he wanted the most.
Robin
Lucina
And i believe Ryu and even Roy.

Please dont come with that Bull*

I replace pichu and Young Link with K.Rool and Beast Ganon or Ridley and i would take, love and appreciate melees roster 10000000000x more than the sickening monstrosity that is this games roster.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Dude i dont give a ****ing flying man from magicant F.U.C.K if this game had 1,000 characters having 58 you damn sure know im telling the truth i dont give a F.U.C.K and no i dont have to be greatful for what? I got ****ed over since this game got announced wtf do i gotta be greatful for?

Dude this game could have as many chars as ****ing melee did but just replace Young Link, Pichu for K.Rool, Beast Ganon or Ridley and i would love that roster so much more and be truly greatful.

**** him dont talk to me about being greatful dude you have no idea no idea what so ever.
And if this game did have 1,000 chars your damn sure 900 of the newcomers would be from FE and the other 100 would be split between 3rd parties and anime, movie chars.

How about this..
Don't play the game.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I've heavily questioned Bayonetta's inclusion, since Smash 3DS and Smash Wii U are both E10+ titles, while the Bayonetta franchise consists of M-rated titles.

Also, I'm not a fan of Bayonetta, and I've never really liked her much either.

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre

I think talking to you has lost every reason. Telling you don't care, but showing you care immensly.
I beg you to leave this thread or board, if everything you can give, is unhealthy behaviour, and disrespect.
Denying evey other opinion but your own, and then your only arguments are opinions or preferences...

I just hope you find the strength to someday become happy again, and able to be happy for others.

D

Deleted member

I think talking to you has lost every reason. Telling you don't care, but showing you care immensly.
I beg you to leave this thread or board, if everything you can give, is unhealthy behaviour, and disrespect.
Denying evey other opinion but your own, and then your only arguments are opinions or preferences...

I just hope you find the strength to someday become happy again, and able to be happy for others.

I would like this comment a million times, lol.

Top Bottom