• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Your Reaction to the Umbra Witch's Reveal?

DeathFox137

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Tech137
Okay.........um, my reaction. Let's see.

*Ahem*

"BAYONETTA?! OMG YES! I NEVER THOUGHT THAT SHE WOULD MAKE IT IN BUT WOW, SHE DID IT!

LOOK AT THOSE COMBOS! MAN, I GOT TO FINISH BAYONETTA SO THAT I CAN GET STARTED WITH THE SEQUEL!

THANK YOU SAKURAI!"

*Looks around to see people just giving me the blank stare or the "WHA?" look towards me*

*Ahem* Sorry. That was my honest reaction. Also I bet Hideki Kamiya would be extremely happy with this choice as well as others. I didn't vote for her, but wow, I am so happy. She didn't cross my mind at the time, but she convinced me otherwise. Next smash game, I will vote for her this time. She's awesome at fighting.

Last edited:

Total Vista

Smash Rookie
I was taken aback when I learned that she was going to be included in the roster. For starters, Bayonetta is from an M-rated game, whereas Smash brothers is a G-rated game. Additionally, she has... er... large lady bits that are empasized by her dress, which might not be appropriate for Smash.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
My first reaction was disappointment that my preferred character, Isaac from Golden Sun, did not get in; however, Bayonetta looks to be a fun character and her second game was an exclusive Wii U title.

Congrats to the Witch's fans and it still shocks me that someone is using guns as a weapon in Smash.

I will now look for ways to counter your beloved witch. :4bayonetta:

David Viran

Smash Lord
I was taken aback when I learned that she was going to be included in the roster. For starters, Bayonetta is from an M-rated game, whereas Smash brothers is a G-rated game. Additionally, she has... er... large lady bits that are empasized by her dress, which might not be appropriate for Smash.
Smash 4 is rated E10+ and snake was also from a M rated game and he got into brawl which had a T rating. That didn't stop him.

Also wasn't this exact post posted somewhere else?

Forze Dell'Oscurita

Smash Rookie
I was literally playing the game before I saw the reveal trailer, so when I heard her say: "oh look, an angel. I must have missed one" I immediately started jumping up and down.

I'm so glad they kept true to her games and made her a combo-oriented character. Definitely gave me the push to finish the first game and buy/complete the second game before February.

Dan

Smash Lord
I'm not very familiar with the character other than knowing of her, but why was everyone so surprised by her? Everyone was like, "Oh Sakurai, how do you do it?". What was so hard about it?

jordanm43444

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Jordanm43444
I'm not very familiar with the character other than knowing of her, but why was everyone so surprised by her? Everyone was like, "Oh Sakurai, how do you do it?". What was so hard about it?
Her games are HEAVILY, HEAVILY, HEAVILY, HEAVILY! Sexualised

Last edited:

domriver

Smash Lord
Her games are HEAVILY, HEAVILY, HEAVILY, HEAVILY! Sexualised
^^^ This. Her games are sexualised alot. She kills angels and demons in a sexual way sometimes. (she will suck on lollipops while confronting some enemies or she will grind on top of an enemy's lance or sword i don't recall but yeah its pretty funny. If you played her games you'll see it. I am very happy that Sakurai was able to keep Bayonetta's character as the way it should be. Bayonetta 2 and 1 are incredible games. Im glad it made its way to the Wii U otherwise I will never had played Bayonetta.

C3CC

Smash Lord
*Sees Pit kicking butts*

"Oh hell no, not another Kid Icarus character for f*ck's sake"

*Hears Palutena's voice*

"IT'D BETTER NOT BE ANOTHER GODDAMN KID ICARUS CHARACTER"

*Hears Bayonetta's voice*

"**** IT'S MEDUSA NOOOOO!"

*Sees Bayonetta*

"Oh...... NOOO ANOTHER THIRD-PARTY CHARACTER WHYYYYY!!!!"

*Finishes watching reveal trailer*

"...... Is it February yet?..."

CG✫Nova

Smash Rookie
NNID
Makashu393
Hooooly crap this is really happening.

She was my first vote for the Ballot, but honestly, I always saw it as a joke. To me her chances were almost Goku levels of impossible, which is why I was rooting for Wonder Red and/or Banjo to take the spot. I didn't even know it was physically possible to be that happy; I flat out cried when I saw the bats coalesce into her model. Shoutouts to Sakurai for making the greatest video game of all time.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
*Sees Pit kicking butts*

"Oh hell no, not another Kid Icarus character for f*ck's sake"

*Hears Palutena's voice*

"IT'D BETTER NOT BE ANOTHER GODDAMN KID ICARUS CHARACTER"

*Hears Bayonetta's voice*

"**** IT'S MEDUSA NOOOOO!"

*Sees Bayonetta*

"Oh...... NOOO ANOTHER THIRD-PARTY CHARACTER WHYYYYY!!!!"

*Finishes watching reveal trailer*

"...... Is it February yet?..."
Outside of the third party complaint, i've seen so many people have the same reaction and think bayo was Medusa. :laugh:

ES. Dinah

Smash Ace
I'll start by saying I was so excited a literally screamed when she appeared on the screen. She was in my top 5.... 1st was KOS_MOS, 2nd was Fiora, 3rd was Krystal, 4th was Melia, and 5th Bayonetta. I am absolutely ECSTATIC that she is in the game. Now that Sakurai may leave for smash 5, it is entirely impossible for KOS_MOS not to make it if namco is still overseeing development. We got Cloud, We got Bayonetta, and KOS-MOS would be the best namco rep. Now that Bayo is in the game, NOBODY can cargue KOS-MOS is overpowered for smash or violent. Bayonetta has chains, whips, guns and she tortures things like no tomorrow in her games. Thanks for reading this.

TippingScales

Smash Rookie
NNID
OrionRedPanda
3DS FC
0404-6223-9305
when the video starts I was, ah cool Hades, (I was watching it with my friend, and I was 10 sec. late for some reason, so, he started to go like OMG in skype and I couldnt hear a thing, so never thought of medusa, and didnt hear her talking, otherwhise I would recognized her from the get go)

when she suddently appears in her CLIMATIC self, and I was crazy screaming like a mad man, I was so ready to see Wolf or K.rool (I love wolf, but I surely would been annoyed if he was the ballot winner).

I was, am and and will be hyped until her realease.
Pretty much mastered her games, and knowing how canon she is to her own self in the chaotic mess her games are, I was in Paradiso, and just thought, well I will see bayo themed yoshi in wolly world, bayonetta in mario maker, bayo amiibo, and just thanks to her being in smash.

Hype Hype, thats I can say.

SonDeathEater

Smash Rookie
When I saw Pit, I was kind of hoping for someone like Hades lol but it was obvious they didn't win

Then, Bayonetta appeared to me on my mute phone and I was definitely excited. I wish I had actually played the games lol.

I was hoping for Phoenix Wright as my dream character but I'm hyped for Bayonetta. The hair conduit smashes remind me of Hades though.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
When I saw Pit, I was kind of hoping for someone like Hades lol but it was obvious they didn't win

Then, Bayonetta appeared to me on my mute phone and I was definitely excited. I wish I had actually played the games lol.

I was hoping for Phoenix Wright as my dream character but I'm hyped for Bayonetta. The hair conduit smashes remind me of Hades though.
Phoenix Wright was my other dream character, but he was tied for first with Bayonetta.

So I'm technically in the same boat as you, but I'm still just as hyped for Bayonetta as I would be for Phoenix Wright.

TippingScales

Smash Rookie
NNID
OrionRedPanda
3DS FC
0404-6223-9305
Phoenix Wright was my other dream character, but he was tied for first with Bayonetta.

So I'm technically in the same boat as you, but I'm still just as hyped for Bayonetta as I would be for Phoenix Wright.
Phoenix Would been really amazing, but I had the feeling that he wasnt going to join for his appearence in UMVC :c

So I was more like, ''let's get Edgeworth in lol'', I would love to see Wright in, but to see bayo in, It's like, yeah I would like him too, but Im not complaining in any sense we have freaking bayo dudes!
Yet, I have to agree with ya, It would be the same hype to see him in as to see bayo in. (maybe a bit higher bayo, but heh, same feeling in the end).

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero

Phoenix Wright has always been one of those characters I've secretly REALLY wanted but I didn't want to get my hopes up for him. It always seemed like there was no place for 3rd party characters like him, like Bayonetta.

I think for the next Smash game I'll support Phoenix Wright more heavily.

Lelouch Vi Brittania

Smash Rookie
I was totally hyped! I was already on the fence to buy her game, but now, I am sold. I also LOVE female fighters and I do really well with them, so hopefully she is a welcome addition to my female mains!

Kon

Smash Journeyman
I've only played Bayonetta 2 and because of Smash I didn't finish the story until yesterday. I really love her combo game in her games and she was like one of those characters I thought would be somewhat unlikely to ever get into the roster. Therefore I didn't expect her to win the ballot and join Smash. It wasn't because I hate the character(because obviously I like the character and especially her redesign for Bayonetta 2), but I didn't vote for her, because I thought she was highly unlikely to get in.

I had times where I thought it would be nice to fight with her in Smash, however it was more some sort of "dreams that won't become true". So when I saw her in this trailer, I was hyped as ****. She is definitely the most hype character from the entire roster for me and I'm looking forward to make her my new main, 2nd or 3rd. When I saw the trailer, I immediately realized that Sakurai did a great job to implement many "typical" Bayonetta moves in her moveset. Witch Time was hype. Bat within was amazing. Even the After Burner Kick I barely used in Bayonetta 2 was great to see. Her UpB is great and can pretty much be used the same way as in Bayonetta 2. The possibility of shooting after a kick just like in the games was also an amazing addition for her already great moveset.

Her taunts are great too and after all, her style can really be seen in her moveset. It's just amazing to see, how much love Sakurai showed for Bayonetta with such a unique and well realized moveset.

After the direct, I was definitely the most hyped ever since the release of Smash4. I had low expectations on the direct with announcements such as Wolf(would have been fine) and got blown away with the reveal of Bayonetta as the #1 from the Ballot. I can't wait to play her in February. I hope we get her early in February so I can use her on a few tournaments I plan to attend in February already.

D

Deleted member

Gonna main her as soon as she comes out. I hope she's not banned in tourneys.

Comments like these...

TO's usually don't ban characters, the only reason it could be is due to a big update/patch where it interferes with said tournament, and it's just happened once, before the big :4luigi: nerf (Big House 5 iirc).

Heck :metaknight: was only banned by discretion of the TO, and most tournaments still used :metaknight:. Don't worry for stupid things like this.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
My reaction was simple; I did not expect it in the slightest, but I'm very excited to see if I'm good enough to call her my main.

Sakurai did so much work to make Bayonetta feel just like in her games and all those neat little details...wonderful!

But while I'm very excited to see her in Smash, I didn't really feel much hype. Sure, Bayo in Smash is awesome, but I wasn't hyped (and I blame Cloud for that)

Notshane

Smash Ace
I love that they gave us one female fighter because I main almost all of them in this game due to their nature, speed and overall fun nature. They are all just very unique and no female clones exist yet, either. By this, I mean of a female character, not one of a male character. So, when I saw Bayonetta, I knew something unique was coming; no thanks to Ryu proving the impossible is possible.

I was hoping that Lip would fill that slot in, but Bayonetta looks incredible. The hairstyle, glasses and everything about her makes me feel like I am playing as some soccer mom character. If I team with Duck Hunt and go to the Colosseum, it will be equivalent to a casual soccer mom watching a sports game if all I do is sit there and taunt every time the winning team gets a point.

roymustang1990-

Smash Ace
NNID
RoyMustang1990
I don't know. Seeing bayoneta use twin pistols that fire pink bullets reminds me a lot of death the kid from soul eater. Lol

Last edited:

Volga

Juggling Veteran
NNID
Saltytitan
3DS FC
0533-7336-5044
I thought wuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut shes in!? I was ok with her being in,especially after recently playing a Demo of Bayonetta 2. She looks so fun to use to. man i can't wait till Feb drops!

GHOST4700

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MeatloafLP794
I'm definitely picking her up. She has everything I want in a smash character... plus she and Rosalina were my most wanted characters for this game :)

Culex77

Smash Rookie
NNID
Culex77
3DS FC
0044-3006-4076
My personal reaction was pretty much the same as everyone else. Saw Pit and thought it was a character from Uprising and then I saw Bayonetta herself and I was ecstatic. So much so that now I basically watch Bayonetta's dance at the end of the first game and listen to Tomorrow is Mine for a majority of my day. The minute she comes out I know a lot of fans are gonna have that dance ready for when they make people salty. Thus I now call that dance sequence: Bayonetta's Dance of Salt! Speaking of which... *watches it again*

ParanoidDrone

Smash Master
My friend spoiled me about her inclusion since I was at work while the Direct was live. I admittedly don't care about spoilers all that much, but still. I can only imagine how I would have reacted if I had no idea she was in.

As it was, I still spent basically the entirety of her trailer alternating between my mouth hanging wide open and grinning like a loon. The sass levels were off the charts.

Oneirohero

Smash Rookie
NNID
litb007
Since I don't really watch Nintendo directs, the only reason I caught wind that Bayonetta was confirmed from smash was from a friend who in usual fashion sent me a message saying, "Bayonetta's in smash" and not respond to any replies I made after. So after a bit of googletubing I finally found the direct and other people's analysis and reaction videos and wow!

I already knew Cloud was confirmed by his trailer and personally had a wish-list of two characters to join Smash 4. Bayonetta and Wreck-It Ralph (yeah, very stupid, but at least I didn't vote in Goku). And considering that months ago I did some paper-testing and brainstorming on how Bayonetta could work in a Smash bros game was I just as happy seeing her in action as it was errierly similar to some ideas I put down in my notes.

Bullet Arts by holding the button, simple but executable. Down-Special being Witch Time because it's perfect as a alternate kind of counter; slowing time is a lot more interesting than a simple retaliation. I didn't expect the stuff like making her tilts into combos, the stuff with heel-slide and witch twist or Bats Within as a backup for Witch-Time. But I always knew her final smash would be summoning a demon to clean house because that's generally how she finishes most of the sub-bosses in her own game.

Funniest of all were the reaction videos, from people jumping the gun thinking it was Wolf to people saying King K. Rool should have been in it over Bayonetta and that Bayo must have rigged the ballot. I feel sorry for those who didn't get their character in but I can understand that Bayo may not have been THE highest voted in the poll but she was the highest voted out of realistic choices.

Having been a Bayonetta fan since the original release on the Xbox360 (the port of Bayo that didn't suck and sadly not the console people based all their reviews on...), I bought the Bayo 1&2 set for the Wii U as soon it was out and way before all the Smash announcements were made, I'm super happy she'll be playable in Feburary.

Hell, my standard button mapping for Smash is translated from the standard buttons in BAYONETTA 2! When I finally do get playing Bayonetta it'll be like playing a special side-scroller version of the game :)

Benmjy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Benmjy
3DS FC
1203-9240-1897
I was slightly dissapointed. Then I played her games, fell in love with both her and the games themselves, and now this is my most anticipated character in all of Smash.

Ultra*HappyCharge

Smash Apprentice
Ugghhh I just poker-faced the whole time when I accidentally saw a post in a 3DS group over on Facebook. Until I finally saw her trailer, I squealed with glee and all of my college classmates was giving weird faces. After a whole day of class, watched the final presentation and all that jazz, I was really happy and surprised she became #1 in the ballot. As many of you said countless times, I didn't expect her to be in game, with hopes of mine being a Style Savvy rep in the game to boot XD

The faithful representation of her in Smash was really warming to my heart especially I saw multiple playthroughs of Bayonetta. She still has her seductive yet playful personality and all those flashiness in her attacks. I was kind of disappointed on her side and up specials but the combo game seem to be her main forte in her gameplay so I guess it's fine. If only Moon River was in there T^T. Overall, Bayonetta is a yes for me <3

P.S. Also if she said "AVAVAGO" during her final smash then yay ^_^

Top Bottom