• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Your Reaction to the Umbra Witch's Reveal?

Bobert

"...And His Music Was Electric"
NNID
MetallicBlur
Switch FC
SW-1415-6753-4608
"R.I.P Snake. Looks like it's time for me to stop putting off buying Bayonetta 1 & 2 though."

I had a similar reaction with Cloud except I had FF7 on PC for a while before he was revealed. "Looks like I have to go back and beat FF7 finally before he's released."

I was already hyped after seeing gameplay of her in Smash. I beat Bayonetta 1 & 2 recently and now I'm more hyped than I was before. I'm going to rock the Cereza tag every time I play her..unless I'm using the Jeanne alt.

Notshane

Smash Ace
"R.I.P Snake. Looks like it's time for me to stop putting off buying Bayonetta 1 & 2 though."

I had a similar reaction with Cloud except I had FF7 on PC for a while before he was revealed. "Looks like I have to go back and beat FF7 finally before he's released."

I was already hyped after seeing gameplay of her in Smash. I beat Bayonetta 1 & 2 recently and now I'm more hyped than I was before. I'm going to rock the Cereza tag every time I play her..unless I'm using the Jeanne alt.
If it helps, Nintendo did ask Konami for him once for Sm4sh, but they refused.

Bobert

"...And His Music Was Electric"
NNID
MetallicBlur
Switch FC
SW-1415-6753-4608
If it helps, Nintendo did ask Konami for him once for Sm4sh, but they refused.
I don't know if the fact that Konami refused should surprise me or not.

Last edited:

Greda

Smash Journeyman
I could go into so much detail but the important part is that I (quite literally) cried.

Notshane

Smash Ace
I don't know if the fact that Konami refused should surprise me or not.
I know what would surprise you. During Brawl, Sakurai asked for Bomberman, but Hudson refused. You know, the company that was basically working with Nintendo for several years on the Mario Party series and had their first game on a Nintendo system.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
I know what would surprise you. During Brawl, Sakurai asked for Bomberman, but Hudson refused. You know, the company that was basically working with Nintendo for several years on the Mario Party series and had their first game on a Nintendo system.
I want proof of this! :glare:

blackghost

Smash Champion
I had just been out of the country for a week and as soon as I turned my data back on my phone basically exploded. I look at my notifications and it says new smash dlc confirmed corrin from fire ....
I was like ok I expected that I go to watch a YouTube video and I clicked what I thought was a fake bayonetta trailer. Then hype hit. And then the realization her game is gonna sell out on wiiu so quick.
I have a new main and h
a character I really like. Now I know what the cloud fans were so happy about.

Notshane

Smash Ace
I want proof of this! :glare:
Sorry, but the article was archived quite a while ago. I remember a statement from a facts website I looked at recently, going on about whom Sakurai considered for the series (only relying on credible sources for the information with a few confusing exceptions such as the case of Wario for Melee), that brought up Bomberman for that very same reason I mentioned. It must be a case of the matter being so little that Sakurai felt nobody would care if it was discovered, but the person did say it was among the true facts.

Either way, I crapped my pants when I read it because it made perfect sense. Bomberman is iconic in his own way, everyone loves him and I'm sure that Sakurai was trying hard to include memorable additions and he must have wanted more retro reps, too.

King Zekrom

Smash Apprentice
Well I was half-expecting Snake to be revealed during the direct because at the beginning it said "Rating Pending", but DAYUM this was a great surprise. I was like "OH MY GOD." five times over, and then I was like "BAE-YONETTA????!!!!!"

I called dibs on maining Bayonetta before the ballot closed, my friends laughed at me, but now they never hear the end of it.

KurashiDragon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KurashiDragon
3DS FC
3952-7603-8923
Switch FC
7836 7746 6189
*watching the beginning of the video and seeing pit and palutena talking* "HADESHADESHADESHADESAJ;FKLEPWAUGOIPHEWAIPVUOINBPHPOUEDFIOPUEWIAVH.......... Wait...... bayonetta........ *breathing in* SQUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!"

NewFoundAbility

Banned via Warnings
Dublin, CA 94568, bowing down before the Jlfksjlfl
NNID
NewFoundAbility
I never really thought I'd freak out for any character I knew wasn't gonna get in from my vote - which was Rayman - and I saw Geno then I started crying. (No really, I am really sad he is a costume. :c)

But my response the second she appeared on screen, was pretty close to:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fTrT9P6JrdU

I got up out of my chair and called everyone who couldn't watch it.
My brother thought it was fake.
:4bayonetta:
I'm hyped :4bayonetta:

Last edited:

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Where did this come from? I've never heard that before.

I find that really surprising. I supported Bomberman quite a bit during the brawl days.

SSBCandidates

Smash Lord
I was sort of happy seeing her there. I did record my reaction but am too paranoid to place it online. Though you only hear my voice looking at the screen.

Top Bottom