• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Your Reaction If....

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
That'd be cool! not my first choice for PS rep, but still glad there's a PS rep at all

HWYR if (in a universe with no ARMS rep) FP2 was entirely PlayStation themed, with the following newcomers:

Crash Bandicoot
Kratos
PaRappa the Rapper
Klonoa
Nathan Drake
Abe

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
That'd be cool! not my first choice for PS rep, but still glad there's a PS rep at all

HWYR if (in a universe with no ARMS rep) FP2 was entirely PlayStation themed, with the following newcomers:

Crash Bandicoot
Kratos
PaRappa the Rapper
Klonoa
Nathan Drake
Abe
Not gonna lie, kinda angry.

On that note, HWYR if the entirety of the DLC was this:

Vol.1
FP1: Jill Valentine
FP2: :ulthero:
FP3: :ultbanjokazooie:
FP4: Sakura Shinguji (Sakura Wars)
FP5: :ult_terry:

Vol. 2
FP6: Anna (Fire Emblem)
FP7: Crash Bandicoot
FP8: Min Min
FP9: :ultjoker:
FP10: Sora
FP11: Captain Toad

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Jill - nah, I'd prefer another Jill.
Sakura - who?
Anna - NO
Crash - Hell yeah!
Min Min - eh...
Sora - Mike Wazowski Spirit! hell yeah!
Captain Toad - uh........ cool newcomer, but not a good way to end the DLC

HWYR if the order of the DLC was:

Bonus:
Goomba

FP1:
Tetromino
Muddy Mole
Onix
Bonanza Bros.
Crash

FP2:
PaRappa the Rapper
Dr. Eggman
Jill (Drill Dozer)
Red (Angry Birds)
Space Invader
Waluigi

Last edited:

Perkilator

Smash Legend
Jill - nah, I'd prefer another Jill.
Sakura - who?
Anna - NO
Crash - Hell yeah!
Min Min - eh...
Sora - Mike Wazowski Spirit! hell yeah!
Captain Toad - uh........ cool newcomer, but not a good way to end the DLC

HWYR if the order of the DLC was:

Bonus:
Goomba

FP1:
Tetromino
Muddy Mole
Onix
Bonanza Bros.
Crash

FP2:
PaRappa the Rapper
Dr. Eggman
Jill (Drill Dozer)
Red (Angry Birds)
Space Invader
Waluigi
Without sounding mean, I feel like this would be robbing other fan favorites of potential slots (do you wanna live in a universe where :ultbanjokazooie: never got in and the series and its fans still suffer?) in favor of either way-too-out there or too few fan favorite picks.

But before this turns into a debate thread, HWYR if there was a Spirit Event based on Sonic Mania?

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
says the one who added another FE character to their list

YESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYES

HWYHR if instead of "Everyone is Here!", it was "Everyone is Here... except the Fire Emblem guys!"

Perkilator

Smash Legend
says the one who added another FE character to their list

YESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYES

HWYHR if instead of "Everyone is Here!", it was "Everyone is Here... except the Fire Emblem guys!"
I'd be sad because I'm legit okay with FE in Smash.

HWYR if there was a Spirit Event based on Square Enix's The Bouncer?

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Eh, OK.

HWYR if there was a Mega Drive Classics Collection Spirit Board event, with Spirits of Ristar, Dynamite Headdy, Bonanza Bros., and Motobug, the last of which can be enhanced to Flicky?

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
I'd be happy for you but upset in every other way.

HWYR if there was an SSBU update with a HUGE filesize, but all it did was change K. Rool's Boxing Ring title from "Kremling Commander" to "Kremling Kommander"?

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
That'd be cool

HWYR if the MakerMatic 21 from WarioWare D.I.Y. was a stage, with 30 different Microgames and the same layout as WarioWare Inc., but with blast zones more suited for competitive play?

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
I would love to see more Wario representation.

HWYR if Ghastly King from Donkey Kong: Jungle Beat was a boss fight in Smash?
(You could grab his giant leg and throw him into the wall like in the original game.)

Perkilator

Smash Legend
I would love to see more Wario representation.

HWYR if Ghastly King from Donkey Kong: Jungle Beat was a boss fight in Smash?
(You could grab his giant leg and throw him into the wall like in the original game.)
As long as that was an extra way to beat him and not mandatory, I'd be down for that.

HWYR if the Opera House from Fire Emblem Fates was a stage?

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
That'd be cool as long as there's no newcomer to go along with it.

HWYR if after FP2 was finished, there was a trailer that began with Mario and Sonic fighting in a white void, then in a similar manner to Inkling's reveal, everything goes dark and Mario sees this in the sky, before it cuts to text saying "Fighters' Pass 3: PlayStation All-Stars" then showing 6 slots - which after a few seconds of making you think you'll have to wait a few months for the reveals, all open up simultaneously, revealing Kratos, PaRappa the Rapper, Ratchet and Clank, Lara Croft, Nathan Drake, and Crash Bandicoot?

Last edited:

Perkilator

Smash Legend
That'd be cool as long as there's no newcomer to go along with it.

HWYR if after FP2 was finished, there was a trailer that began with Mario and Sonic fighting in a white void, then in a similar manner to Inkling's reveal, everything goes dark and Mario sees this in the sky, before it cuts to text saying "Fighters' Pass 3: PlayStation All-Stars" then showing 6 slots - which after a few seconds of making you think you'll have to wait a few months for the reveals, all open up simultaneously, revealing Kratos, PaRappa the Rapper, Ratchet and Clank, Lara Croft, Nathan Drake, and Crash Bandicoot?
Same as I said with the last PS All-Stars post: kind of angry.

HWYR if Classic Mode had 3 more rounds to go through and a Brawl-style Target Test after Round 3?

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
I wouldn't even notice.

HWYHR if Ultimate lightened the mood and brought back the ridiculous 90s-ness of Smash 64? (onomatopoeia, cartoonish sounds, colourful menus, even the classic "fire text on black star" logo)

Last edited:

Perkilator

Smash Legend
I wouldn't even notice.

HWYHR if Ultimate lightened the mood and brought back the ridiculous 90s-ness of Smash 64? (onomatopoeia, cartoonish sounds, colourful menus, even the classic "fire text on black star" logo)
I mean...it kind if came backt though Ultimate but I wouldn't mind going back to Smash 64-level (remake or otherwise).

HWYR if Smash 64 sound effects were used on the 64 stages and no others? Likewise, HWYR if some Brawl sound effects were brought back for the rest of the game (stages mostly)?

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
That'd be awesome! love the Smash 64 SFX

HWYR if the Switch was Nintendo's last console, and Nintendo's first multiplat release was a complete port of SSBU with three new characters: Master Chief, PaRappa the Rapper, and the Heavy (all 3 available on all consoles and avaliable as DLC for Switch owners), and their second was "Nintendo Anthology", a compilation of over 100 1st party games released in arcades and on NES, Game Boy, GBC, Virtual Boy, N64, GBA, GameCube, DS and Wii - including the first ever official localisation of Mother 3?

Perkilator

Smash Legend
That'd be awesome! love the Smash 64 SFX

HWYR if the Switch was Nintendo's last console, and Nintendo's first multiplat release was a complete port of SSBU with three new characters: Master Chief, PaRappa the Rapper, and the Heavy (all 3 available on all consoles and avaliable as DLC for Switch owners), and their second was "Nintendo Anthology", a compilation of over 100 1st party games released in arcades and on NES, Game Boy, GBC, Virtual Boy, N64, GBA, GameCube, DS and Wii - including the first ever official localisation of Mother 3?
Meh. Mostly conflicted.

HWYR if Kirby got an Ultra Hand toy whenever he copied the ARMS character?

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
That'd be funny, but not that interesting

HWYHR if before what was in the real world Joker's reveal, an Atlus copyright showed up on the Challenger Pack 1 Nintendo page like with Terry later down the line, and the Atlus character ended up being Willy from Rockin' Kats?

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
I would unironically be really hyped.

HWYR if they added a Mii costume of the Mii wearing Waluigi's boneless-but-still-living body as a suit, while Waluigi makes fully (and disturbingly) animated faces that imply arousal?

D

Deleted member

I would be kinda creeped out.

How would you react if FP7 turned out to be Big Smoke?

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Wouldn't be a big hype moment, but I would be happy as I do feel GTA deserves the rep. Memes would be good too.

HWYR if Nintendo launched a better netcode for Ultimate, and to celebrate also released a paid DLC "Competitive Stage Bundle" which includes 20 different competitive legal stages, tested by competitive players, 10 using assets from existing casual stages, and 10 using new assets - one of which representing a new series (to stages at least): Kuru Kuru Kururin?

Perkilator

Smash Legend
Wouldn't be a big hype moment, but I would be happy as I do feel GTA deserves the rep. Memes would be good too.

HWYR if Nintendo launched a better netcode for Ultimate, and to celebrate also released a paid DLC "Competitive Stage Bundle" which includes 20 different competitive legal stages, tested by competitive players, 10 using assets from existing casual stages, and 10 using new assets - one of which representing a new series (to stages at least): Kuru Kuru Kururin?
Sounds kinda boring. If I were making stages, I'd make them unique with no regards to the competitive scene.

HWYR if FP7 turned out to be Gex?

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
That would be blursed. GEE SCOOB, LET'S GET BACK TO THE MYSTERY VAN!

HWYHR if instead of teasing an ARMS rep, they teased a falling block puzzle rep, and it ended up being Tetromino?

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
sure, if it shows smash is willing to celebrate all of nintendo instead of just mostly the recent stuff

HWYR if we got a trailer that's a repeat of terry's trailer, except it cuts to a mega drive and it turns out it's axel stone

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Eh... another anime swordie... would've rather had Nights or (a redesigned) Bug.

HWYHR if instead of teasing an ARMS rep, they teased a character from a Japan-exclusive 1st party game, and it ended up being Sutte Hakkun?

Last edited:

Perkilator

Smash Legend
Eh... another anime swordie... would've rather had Nights or (a redesigned) Bug.

HWYHR if instead of teasing an ARMS rep, they teased a character from a Japan-exclusive 1st party game, and it ended up being Sutte Hakkun?
Eh, sure?

HWYR if Gulpin came back as a Poké Ball summon, but this time it jumpednarlund and swallowed enemies, and then poisoned them after?

Perkilator

Smash Legend
Eh, that'd be cool.

HWYR if they did a trailer like Terry's for the PS1 (both, third and first parties), and the newcomer ended up being PaRappa?
Cool for the fans, it's a good game (even though I've never played it myself), but...meh.

HWYR if Pico from F-ZERO was an Assist Trophy, and he attack fighters from the foreground with his rifle?

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Eh, cool.

HWYHR if, in a universe where Byleth wasn't Challenger Pack 5, the Arms tease began with "joining the battle from Fire Emblem: Three Houses" - before the narrator takes in what he just says and walks off angrily, complete with footstep SFX, as the screen turns to black and you hear comical, angry gibberish chattering in the background, before the screen reappears and the announcer says "Challenger Pack 6 will ACTUALLY be joining the battle from Arms!"

Perkilator

Smash Legend
Eh, cool.

HWYHR if, in a universe where Byleth wasn't Challenger Pack 5, the Arms tease began with "joining the battle from Fire Emblem: Three Houses" - before the narrator takes in what he just says and walks off angrily, complete with footstep SFX, as the screen turns to black and you hear comical, angry gibberish chattering in the background, before the screen reappears and the announcer says "Challenger Pack 6 will ACTUALLY be joining the battle from Arms!"
You know what? It'd actually make me kinda sad, because this is assuming NOBODY likes Fire Emblem, much less Three Houses, when there are people who genuinely DO like it (myself included).

HWYR if Dig Dug was the last character?

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
I'd be happy, but I'm not sure Taizo is finale material... then again you could say the same about Wolf.

HWYR if Sora came with 10 Disney-themed Mii costumes, all except 1 being deluxe (like Sans and Cuphead), but none coming with music, those being:

Wreck-It Ralph (Brawler)
Hiro (Big Hero 6, Brawler)
Elsa (Gunner, similar to Cuphead - but she holds her hand out instead of pointing)
Hercules (Brawler)
Mulan (Swordfighter)
Powerline costume (A Goofy Movie, Brawler, not deluxe)
Elastigirl (The Incredibles, Brawler)
Spiderman (Brawler)
Darth Vader (Swordfighter)
Homer Simpson (Brawler)

Perkilator

Smash Legend
I'd be happy, but I'm not sure Taizo is finale material... then again you could say the same about Wolf.

HWYR if Sora came with 10 Disney-themed Mii costumes, all except 1 being deluxe (like Sans and Cuphead), but none coming with music, those being:

Wreck-It Ralph (Brawler)
Hiro (Big Hero 6, Brawler)
Elsa (Gunner, similar to Cuphead - but she holds her hand out instead of pointing)
Hercules (Brawler)
Mulan (Swordfighter)
Powerline costume (A Goofy Movie, Brawler, not deluxe)
Elastigirl (The Incredibles, Brawler)
Spiderman (Brawler)
Darth Vader (Swordfighter)
Homer Simpson (Brawler)
Eh.

HWYR if Ryota Hayami from the Wave Race series was a fighter, with Akari Hayami from the 1080 series as his Echo?

Last edited:

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
I would love to see a character like this.

HWYR if we got these new Mii Fighters?
-Clobber (wields a large hammer like Dedede)
-Wrecker (Uses a ball and chain to swing around)
-Sorcerer (Magic powers)

Last edited:

Perkilator

Smash Legend
I would love to see a character like this.

HWYR if we got these new Mii Fighters?
-Clobber (wields a large hammer like Dedede)
-Wrecker (Uses a ball and chain to swing around)
-Sorcerer (Magic powers)
Eh...I'd only excited for the sorcerer.

HWYR if Corrin was replaced with Azura (a lance user) from FE Fates, and Byleth was replaced with Claude (a bow user) from FE Three Houses?

crazybenjamin

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 2794 0568 0108
Azura? Fine. But replacing Byleth with Claude is the wrong way to go, we already have people complaining that Sakurai is biased towards FE, the last thing we need is 3H fans also accusing Sakurai of bias.

HWYR if we got a Sephiroth Mii Swordfighter costume?

Last edited:
Top Bottom