• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Your Reaction If....

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
take my ****ing money

HWYR if nintendo said they'd reveal a new game, and then it turns out it's miitopia 2 of all things

crazybenjamin

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 2794 0568 0108
Since the Wii brand has been well and truly retired, this is actually the most logical way to keep the Miis alive. I'd be fine with this.

HWYR if Nintendo made a Splatoon TV series, which follows the adventures of :ultinkling: and :ultinklingboy: as they protect Inkopolis from DJ Octavio?

pikachu9999

Banned via Warnings
I'd watch that.

HWYR if Ninten finally got into Smash, but he's a Lucas echo?

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Even as a fan of clones I'd be pretty bummed out. Ninten deserves his own moveset.

HWYR if the next Mario Kart brought back the Double Dash mechanic, added advanced techniques (similar to, but not the same as, those in CTR:NF) and had this roster? (Viruses share a kart, but D&S are two separate characters, roster maker didn't have unique icons available)
Double Dash 2.png

Last edited:

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
I would love to play that.

HWYR if this was the roster for a Mario Kart 9?
Empty Roster.png

The ones in blue are returning with red as newcomers, as well yellow and green as DLC.

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
Eh, OK - cool!

HWYR if Sega released a Classic Sonic compilation with Mania-styled remakes of 1, 2, 3K, CD, Chaotix, 1 8-bit, 2 8-bit, Chaos, (2D) Blast and Triple Trouble - complete with selectable difficulty, all characters (Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Ray, Mighty, Vector, Charmy and Espio alongside the addition of Amy, Metal, Fang and Eggman) playable in every game, a Chaotix mode for all games, characters' later abilities in earlier games, multiplayer race mode for all levels from all games, and the original 16/8-bit versions of the games as extras?
Eh, sure!

HWYR if Chemical Plant Zone was a stage in Smash for 3DS?

Hollywoodrok12

Smash Lord
Eh, sure!

HWYR if Chemical Plant Zone was a stage in Smash for 3DS?
Probably wouldn't make much of it at that time, but would appreciate that there's more than just Green-Hill style stages in Ultimate if/when it were to return.

HWYR if Nintendo announced the reveal time of the ARMS rep in 30 Minutes?

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
As opposed to Disney movies? eh. Why would you include Sora for any OTHER reason than as a Trojan horse for Disney content?

HWYR if they did an ARMS style reveal that announces a Sonic character, with the options of Tails, Knuckles, Eggman, Shadow or Classic - and it ended up being Classic, not as Challenger Pack 7, but as a free complete moveset revamp for Sonic?

Perkilator

Smash Legend
As opposed to Disney movies? eh. Why would you include Sora for any OTHER reason than as a Trojan horse for Disney content?

HWYR if they did an ARMS style reveal that announces a Sonic character, with the options of Tails, Knuckles, Eggman, Shadow or Classic - and it ended up being Classic, not as Challenger Pack 7, but as a free complete moveset revamp for Sonic?
I'd be angry because they hinted at a character, but then gave you a slightly different Sonic.

HWYR if we got 4 Echo Fighters for free in updates?

crazybenjamin

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 2794 0568 0108
I'd be disappointed in Nintendo for bowing to the vocal minority, a character shouldn't be eternally banned from Smash just because of the weapon they use, that's just petty.

HWYR if Sakurai outright said "I will never add Toad to the game because I despise him"?

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
I would be happy but bit sad of her not being a fighter.

HWYR if we got these new stages?
-Another Dimension (Kirby)
-Bowser's Castle (Mario)
-Crafted World (Yoshi)
-Phantom Road (F-ZERO)
-Dream Den (Pikmin)
-City Escape (Sonic)

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
I would be so happy!

HWYR if we got the Bull Shark from Maneater as a WTF fighter?
(Something like Piranha Plant)

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Hm, that's cool.

HWYR if at the end of the ARMS presentation, they announced that stage song playlists would be added, and there'd be multiple paid music packs released in future, each pack costing the same as a Mii costume, the first of which being a Commodore music pack, featuring songs from C64 and Amiga games?

Perkilator

Smash Legend
Hm, that's cool.

HWYR if at the end of the ARMS presentation, they announced that stage song playlists would be added, and there'd be multiple paid music packs released in future, each pack costing the same as a Mii costume, the first of which being a Commodore music pack, featuring songs from C64 and Amiga games?
Eh, sure.

HWYR if Hyrule Circuit from Mario Kart 8 was a stage?

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Awesome! but... why does it have to be called a Mario Kart stage? Couldn't they have just called it a Zelda stage?

HWYR if they added a new echo fighter as a free DLC, Zero Suit Dark Samus? (as in the eldritch skeleton monster, not the sexy fanart version of ZSDS)

Perkilator

Smash Legend
Awesome! but... why does it have to be called a Mario Kart stage? Couldn't they have just called it a Zelda stage?

HWYR if they added a new echo fighter as a free DLC, Zero Suit Dark Samus? (as in the eldritch skeleton monster, not the sexy fanart version of ZSDS)
Eh, sure.

HWYR if CP7's release date was teased at the end of the ARMS character's presentation? Not the CP7 character themselves, but their date?

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
hey i'm totally down for them pulling a gg strive with cp7

HWYR if challenger pack 7 was amingo from mvc2

crazybenjamin

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 2794 0568 0108
Bit of a left-field choice, but I'd be fine with it.

HWYR if after the last DLC character, the game gets a free update that makes Alph an Echo with a different set of Pikmin, and Olimar's existing Alph costumes were replaced with more Olimar colors?

Perkilator

Smash Legend
That would be nice to see.

HWYR if all of us were in Smash as fighters?
The game would break. And that'd be terrible.

HWYR if Ninten was a fully unique fighter with this kind of moveset (not mine, BTW)?

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Very hype moment! Glad he's not an echo.

HWYHR if Muddy Mole was a base game newcomer for Ultimate with his own moveset, but instead of having a trailer he was revealed the same way as Daisy, Dark Samus and Chrom due to a common unfamiliarity with the character?

crazybenjamin

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 2794 0568 0108
I'd make a meme about how he didn't get a trailer. (it's already possible to make one with Daisy)
:ultken:: I can explain
:ultchrom:: You get a cool tagline, and I only get "joins the battle?"
:ultinkling:: At least you get a tagline, I only get a flaming Smash ball!
:ultdaisy:/Muddy Mole: You guys are getting trailers?

Conversely, HWYR if Sakurai one day decided to randomly upload a Daisy trailer to Twitter, and apologize for not having one before?

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
I would be confused with it.

HWYR if Kirby had a crawl animation?
(Seeing him crawl around like a baby would be cute.)

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
I probably wouldn't even notice

HWYR if Waluigi was revealed for Smash in December, alongside an announcement that 2021 will be the Year of Waluigi with multiple games starring him, including cameos, side roles and yes, even multiple starring roles, to be released across the year?

crazybenjamin

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 2794 0568 0108
2021 will be the Year of Waluigi with multiple games starring him, including cameos, side roles and yes, even multiple starring roles
If it means that Waluigi will gain his own identity that doesn't revolve around Wario, good.

HWYR if unique victory poses were added for 2v2 team battles, such as:
  • :ultmario::ultyoshi:: Mario jumps on Yoshi's back, and rides Yoshi around the area before posing together.
  • :ultmario::ultluigi:: Recreates one of their Bro attacks from the Mario & Luigi games, and then pose together afterwards.
  • :ultpikachu::ultpichu:: The two happily play with each other.
  • :ultbowser::ultbowserjr:: Jr. laughs triumphantly as Bowser pats him on the head.
  • :ultchrom::ultlucina:: The two of them briefly spar with each other before posing together.
  • :ultpit::ultpalutena:: Pit runs onto the screen and bows before Palutena.
  • :ultryu::ultken:: Same as Chrom and Lucina.
  • :ultinkling::ultinklingboy:: The two exchange a secret handshake, ending with a fist bump.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
That would be cool. (And my first time.)

HWYR if there was a new Smash game with duo fighters?
(Mario and Luigi, Kirby and Bandana Dee, Yoshi and Poochy and so on.)

crazybenjamin

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 2794 0568 0108
Could be an interesting concept, hopefully they do justice to the :ultinkling:/:ultinklingboy: duo.

(skip me)

Top Bottom