Your most wanted non-character addition to the game

Rie Sonomura

Tends to revive topics
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I know you only free Male Robin (cause who cares about consistency, seriously, Jr. got the shaft).

Then that does raise the question of why they used Female Robin. Course, they use her more for menu stuff (and it really bothers me).

But, I'm no programmer, but, yeah, it's probably coded as some sort of special status affect or something. Now, as for the phantom fighters, no idea what those would be coded as.
I’m guessing equipping the Galeem and Dharkon Spirits you acquire after beating WoL doesn’t produce that effect. (Yeah to this day I still haven’t gotten the true ending rip)

As for why they used F!Robin (think I saw F!Corrin too as well as characters that normally have the Galeem aura instead in WoL like Lucario and Shulk) was probably just to illustrate that “status effect” being eventually usable in normal play, like to make your own WoL AU or something

Arthur97

Smash Champion
I’m guessing equipping the Galeem and Dharkon Spirits you acquire after beating WoL doesn’t produce that effect. (Yeah to this day I still haven’t gotten the true ending rip)

As for why they used F!Robin (think I saw F!Corrin too as well as characters that normally have the Galeem aura instead in WoL like Lucario and Shulk) was probably just to illustrate that “status effect” being eventually usable in normal play, like to make your own WoL AU or something
I'm kind of doubting that. As far as I know, equipping those spirits doesn't induce that affect. Just checked, it adds a blue glow if in WoL, but it's the same for both, and I don't think it affects the eyes.

Last edited:

Xelrog

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 2367 4933 3404
I'm sure we're all thinking it, but Subspace Emissary.
Speak for yourself. I thought SSE was hot trash. Awful level design, highly tedious, and with the plot of a teenager's fanfiction. It was cool seeing the characters interact in the cutscenes and that was the one and only redeeming thing about it in my eyes.

Call_Me_Red

Smash Journeyman
Speak for yourself. I thought SSE was hot trash. Awful level design, highly tedious, and with the plot of a teenager's fanfiction. It was cool seeing the characters interact in the cutscenes and that was the one and only redeeming thing about it in my eyes.
I mean, it was definitely flawed, no doubt about it. But, honestly I loved that teenager-fanfiction vibe. Honestly, that's probably my favorite thing about Smash, all these characters you love individually get to team up with other characters you love in some rad, fighting action!

Just like everyone else's criticism of SSE, more Nintendo themed level design, less tedious tasks, and more sweet buddy-cop cutscenes and I'd be so happy. I think it could be done, but making several levels that every single character can make it through seems very hard to design (looking at you, Little Mac).

Xelrog

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 2367 4933 3404
I mean, it was definitely flawed, no doubt about it. But, honestly I loved that teenager-fanfiction vibe. Honestly, that's probably my favorite thing about Smash, all these characters you love individually get to team up with other characters you love in some rad, fighting action!

Just like everyone else's criticism of SSE, more Nintendo themed level design, less tedious tasks, and more sweet buddy-cop cutscenes and I'd be so happy. I think it could be done, but making several levels that every single character can make it through seems very hard to design (looking at you, Little Mac).
It's not that it's physically impossible, but SSE was already more or less a complete second game in and of itself made by a whole separate development team, was it not? Going back and doing something like that again is one of those things that just seems so far beyond the realm of possibility to me. It'd be far easier to just make the cutscenes, frankly, and insert them in a much less ambitious mode of gameplay. Like Melee's Adventure but with SSE's cinematics.

Last edited:

Arthur97

Smash Champion
Whatever they do, they really should make better use of some of the worlds. Even WoL was largely generic. Nintendo has some very recognizable worlds to use, use them.

If they did go a more platformer route, I'd also like to see more enemy types that aren't just weird made up things. Goombas, Koopas and Hammber Bros. are nice and all, but even the Mario enemies were barely scratching the surface.

3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
NNID
BenHolt
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
All past stages. We're so close, yet so far.
Even the superfluous ones like Corneria 64, Flat Zone, Flat Zone 2, Pictochat 1, and Miiverse.

Edit: If we're going extreme wants, then a toggle to make all stages tournament legal, whether as neutrals or counterpicks. For example, Kongo Falls would remove "the rock", Green Hill Zone could be similar to Project M's version, but the main stage could be like Castle Siege but instead of a straight diagonal stage, have a smooth curve to match the aesthetic.
If there were a way to disable wall infinites, then Rainbow Cruise would be a great stage. This would immediately make several stages viable counterpicks.

I just want a stage list as diverse as the characters.

Edit 2: Here's a quick sketch of a tournament legal Green Hill. The loopdeloop is still in the background.
But under my idea, every stage would have an option for a tournament legal form.
20190925_224809.jpg

Last edited:
I could post my pipe dreams here, but if we're being real, all I want is the removal of the input buffer. And netcode that isn't complete garbage.

I have lots of fantasies for how Smash could be but these are the two things they can actually fix in the near term.

Last edited:

UserKev

Smash Lord
A test of strength mode. A Mario theme mode where any selected character must break the bricks before time runs out.

A test of speed mode, another Super Mario themed mode where any selected character must race to the finish while avoiding thwomps and metal, beating the time limit.

Last edited:
Switch FC
1951-3245-1423
I'd like to give the "real" characters the costume customization that Miis have, just like the accessory system in Killer Instinct 2013
like being able to change between Link's different BOTW gear sets in pieces, or giving Olimar different helmets and the ability to change the pikmin into different colored Bulbmin, setting Luma to the same color every time, different hairstyles for Villagers and the FE avatars, or a toggle wireframe/no wireframe for Mac, etc etc etc

THE SLOTH

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-6683-7510-3712
This game would be perfect to me with removed/reduced input lag and better netcode for online, those would be the dream, bare essential upgrades. If we got those, than just more, better modes for online. A tourney mode like 4 had with more options, Smashdown/Squad Strike online, an option to have your ruleset not compromised if the game can’t find a match soon enough in Quickplay/Elite Smash, etc. The more options/flexibility, the better.

NNID
Swordmaster102
More settings in the controls menu. For example, being able to turn off short-hop aerial tech or have a jump button for short-hop and another for full-hop. This is the only thing I plead for.

Last edited: