• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

YOUR most hated matchups using D3

Foursaken

Smash Apprentice
Besides MK, Game and Watch, and Falco, I really get discouraged whenever I fight opponents using characters with a great projectile game (TL, Link, Diddy Kong), or an absurdly fast character that can combo D3 well. Or just combo well in general. ( Kirby, Fox )

So tell me D3 mains, what characters do you find yourself struggling with? Do you stay D3 and tough it out or is it time to CP? What strategies do you find yourself using in bad match up scenarios? How do these characters affect your playstyle?

Go.

JST

Smash Apprentice
Diddy Kong, Snake, and Ice Climbers. But that goes for any character I use.

As DDD, it's definitely Falco. Falco ***** DDD in every possible way that I can think of. Also, Falco's the only match-up that I'd ever seriously consider counterpicking because it's so so bad. =/

Ghostbiker33

Smash Rookie
Olimar, for sure. MK sort of. I've never had problems with falco. G&W because of his hitboxes and the power of his smashes.

Everyone else is a bit easy for me

Sholz

Smash Rookie
Oh my gawd, Zelda!
I get in too close, she neutral-b's. I get too far, she spams forward-b. It's infuriating.

Pdiamond

Smash Apprentice
i've always have been annoyed by pit. My friend uses him and all he does is spam light arrow untill im high enough % to quickly run in front of and smash attack me.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
really? i <3 the infinite. the person im playing usually tries to slap the controller out of my hands
I think he hates it because it's just too easy.

Anyway, I hate Falco, Olimar, Ice Climbers, Pikachu, and Mr. Gay Men Watch. Metaknight I'm learning to deal with, though it's still largely problematic.

ztarfish said:
Sonic. =/

I hate sonic regardless of who I pick.
Also this.

PinkPwnageFrenzy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PinkPwnageFrenzy
Call me masochistic, but I like playing in all the unfavorable Dedede matchups. Keeps everything interesting. I used to hate Zeldas back in the day, but she isn't really that bad anymore.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
Tyser how come I always fall in love with your avatar every time i see it...?

Anyway, I agree with PinkPwnageFrenzy in that I actually really enjoy playing the unfavorable matchups. I like learning how to figure it out with DDD because he usually has the ability to overcome it, unlike some other characters I play.

M@v

Subarashii!
mainly mk. I havent faced many falcos with DDD, although I have with fox, and fox can get cgd to hell. DDDs a lot heavier, so i can imagine its even worse.

TheGODehT

Smash Rookie
Kirby definitely.... it seems like he pwns me every time I'm even somewhat off of the stage..... his bair is too good against dedede's recovery >.<

Mith_

Smash Champion
Oh my gawd, Zelda!
I get in too close, she neutral-b's. I get too far, she spams forward-b. It's infuriating.
Same here.
She's got rediculos smashes too that annoy the hell out of me.

I also hate Fox and any fast character when I have d3.

MorphedChaos

Smash Lord
Zelda, Fox is easy, just guess where he'll be and punish him.

Zelda, hate her smashes, Dins fire, and Neutral B. Ugh, not to mention THE SWEETSPOT! Bah

Falco is also annoying with his laser, but nothing a waddle dee can't fix.

Ztarfish

Smash Journeyman
Zelda is easy peasy, as long as you know how to hold your shield.

Also Din's Fire shouldn't be giving you that many problems =/

smallwolf24

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0834-2422-8954
besides a MK and Falco, I don't like Olimar such a small little punk and difficult to hit sometimes

Nikz0r

Smash Apprentice
NNID
nik615
3DS FC
4468-0969-5023
Ice Climbers and ledge-camping ROBs... D=

I have problems with Olimar, Zelda and MK, but not nearly as bad as the two above. Those are like ridiculous. -_- Lol.

MorphedChaos

Smash Lord
Why is it that everyone likes MK? At least I've got a lot of expiriance in the matchup as D3. I'd say IC now, Zelda's not that bad, but getting Cg'ed by IC hurts ><

ruiisu

Smash Rookie

Pit i can't stand Pit... incredible priority with his smash attacks...

Theres also MK but after soooo many matches against my cousins Pit game I can pretty much spot-dodge or block anyting :) I also seem to be develping a really good sense for grabbing my oponents right out of the move they are doing! There is nothing more satisfying than grabbing a MK right out of his tornado :)

Top Bottom