• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Your Controller

What will be YOUR control method?

• Wiimote (on its side)

Votes: 12 2.5%
  • Wiimote + Nunchuck

Votes: 46 9.5%
  • Classic Controller

Votes: 33 6.8%
  • GameCube Controller

Votes: 395 81.3%

• Total voters

BentoBox

Smash Master
GC or classic, but I've never been a real fan of crosspads (which is why I totally hate the PS2 controller) and I'll never get used to the location of the joysticks... looks like I'll be sporting my GC C for a long while~

Kada

Smash Journeyman
I'm gonna used a good old fashioned wired GC controller. Maybe buy a new one when Brawl comes out, take it apart and make a custom paint job for it.... maybe.

NineDragons450

Smash Rookie
I'll probably use the gamecube controller because right now it seems more suited for brawl. But i will definitely give the other controllers a try.

~rh

Smash Lord
I won't be able to manage the switch at ALL, it'll fry my brain to no end.

ToXn

Smash Journeyman
Definetly GC just so use to it. Wii mote only will definetly be tough in games on d-pad's "tilts" are weird (if tilt's are in brawl) after that one thats almost tied with GC whould be classic controller. If the made it d-pad to move, 1 stick is a c-stick and the other is a tilt-stick, that whould be awsome.

100th Post. new avatars!

Meta-Knight

Smash Journeyman
I dunno really...I voted GC controller but I'm really looking forward to seeing what you can do with the Wiimote and Nunchuk.

THK

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheRedKirby
3DS FC
1005-9416-8042
1) Wavebirds don't lag. It's all in your head and your head makes excuses.

2) Those that can't imagine playing Smash without a GC controller. You played SSB64 with the N64 controller didn'tcha?

3) I miss the N64 controller.

4) Chances are I'd still use my wavebird until it's no longer usable. In the meantime I'd possibly mess with CC or the Chuckmote combo.

hyyde

Smash Rookie
I want to try the wiimote and nunchuck but I don't see myself using them competitively. I think I'll stick to what I know - the GC controller; I plan on buying a new controller or two at the release of brawl.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
I chose the Gamecube controller simply because like most of these people, i'm already used to it and trying out something new would not work for me, the classic controller sounds good i guess but i will primarly use the Gamecube controller.

CBNJ

Smash Journeyman
Gamecube Controller all the way, how could you not use it after all of these years? It's been so good to us.

DtJ Glyphmoney

Summoned from a trading card
BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
It's really just about impossible to tell before we actually know how all of these ways will work, but based on how I think they will work, I'd have to stick with the gamecube controller.

Rikka

Smash Journeyman
I'll be trying out both Wii controller variations, and the gamecube controller(which i still need to buy)

Convuls1on

Smash Cadet
I understand about people not wanting to vote until they actually try all but lemme jus say this. F the fact of me having to steal the batteries from my dads TV remote to put into my wii controller because I smash so much. I mean yeaaaa, i could buy the rechargable stand and what not, but half the time im too lazy to put my own cordless phone on the hook. lol

Also i guess the fact that I can be brutal on my GC controllers and their cheaper than the cost of a Wii Knuck combined? I dunno excuses excuses.

All in all im thinking that the GC will be the standard and the actual wii motes will be a lil harder and require more skill. I look forward to it though because imagine going to a tourne and the people are like "oh snap, hes so good with ______ and he uses the wii mote.

Doggalina

Smash Lord
Chicagoland (NW Indiana)/Purdue West Lafayette
I understand about people not wanting to vote until they actually try all but lemme jus say this. F the fact of me having to steal the batteries from my dads TV remote to put into my wii controller because I smash so much. I mean yeaaaa, i could buy the rechargable stand and what not, but half the time im too lazy to put my own cordless phone on the hook. lol
No johns about battery life, please. There are such things as 15-minute rechargeable batteries.

Firestorm88

Smash Lord
I bought a Wavebird in December for $25 Canadian just for Brawl.
I should've bought 3 more. My GCN controllers have seen better days.

goodkid

Smash Lord
I will try them all before I make a decision. You never know, the wii + nunchuck could be better, but take more skill.

Pyroloserkid

Smash Master
I dislike how the majority of you people are saying GC when we don't even know what the other controllers are like. Actually, I don't even know how we can POLL when we have no idea what the controls are like. Me personally, when I buy my Wii, I don't think I'll buy any VC games or anything so I won't buy a CC...but I think the Mote+Nunchuck looks absolutely fun, whereas the sideways Wiimote looks a bit awkward and complicated due to its lack of buttons, and the GC controller is boring considering I've been using it since how long?

Doggalina

Smash Lord
Chicagoland (NW Indiana)/Purdue West Lafayette
I dislike how the majority of you people are saying GC when we don't even know what the other controllers are like. Actually, I don't even know how we can POLL when we have no idea what the controls are like. Me personally, when I buy my Wii, I don't think I'll buy any VC games or anything so I won't buy a CC...but I think the Mote+Nunchuck looks absolutely fun, whereas the sideways Wiimote looks a bit awkward and complicated due to its lack of buttons, and the GC controller is boring considering I've been using it since how long?
Wait, you think it's ridiculous that we want GC although we never play it, but then you say that Nunchuk looks the most fun? That doesn't really make any sense to me.

I think the GC looks the most fun. :p

chimmy

Smash Rookie
probly GC when im playing other people but ill mess around with the other ones, im picking GC cus i wont have any more money to buy other controllers, and im so used to it.

NukeA6

Smash Master
Most likely, I will get a Gamecube controller because I feel it's the most comfortable and has rumble as well. Failing that, I will use the nun-chucks.

NejiHyuuga777

Smash Rookie
The GC controller is what I'm most accustomed to, so of course I'll use that first. But I might fight some low-level computers and get used to another, such as Wii Remote on its side. But, for now, it would have to be GC controller.

Akuryou

Smash Cadet
4 stocking someone with the wiimote would be the best bragging rights ever.

Zodiac

Smash Master
Wavebirds look too... "fat" for me.
I went to a locol SSBM tournament at a near-by Gamecrazy, and I had to use a wavebird.
I lost... couldn't get used to it, even though it's so similar to GC controllers.
Its the weight difference that hurt me.

But either the classic controller or the gc controller, depends on which one has the best way to interface smash. Probablly the gc contrller.

SuperLink9

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperLink9
I'll be using the GameCube controller, because I'm used to it, that & it's more comfortable looking than any of the other control methods, I havn't tried a Classic Controller before but it doesn't look too comfortable.

Anyway, I hope they keep the button layout the same for those using the GC pad, I wouldn't want them to cut the number of buttons because of other control methods.

4 Aces

Smash Ace
I'd say I'm going to stick with the Gamecube controller, but I'm going to have to try them all.

Top Bottom