• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Your Brawl Fear

kinghippo99

Smash Lord
lucas is actually ness in disquise

i fear what will happen when captain falcon and snake try to see who is more man

I

i8waffles612

My fears in not having all the 12 original characters back in da game!!!
and
Not getting da game lol

NeoSoul

Smash Journeyman
my fear?

sonic in the..... what?

but theres still hope for grey fox right.......? RIGHt?????

ummmmmm mach rider?

no mach rider would haunt my dreams

dtams

Smash Cadet
They closed my thread because they said it was simliar to yours, which is a good thread by the way. However, your thread is completely different from mine. My thread was illustrating that the Sonic and Mario Olympics game was a long time collaboration between two industry powerhouses, yet it prety much sucks and is poorly excecuted. If any game should have been right it should have been that game first, so it worried be about the prospects for brawl. I am still worried aren't you?

NeoSoul

Smash Journeyman
They closed my thread because they said it was simliar to yours, which is a good thread by the way. However, your thread is completely different from mine. My thread was illustrating that the Sonic and Mario Olympics game was a long time collaboration between two industry powerhouses, yet it prety much sucks and is poorly excecuted. If any game should have been right it should have been that game first, so it worried be about the prospects for brawl. I am still worried aren't you?
anything sonic touches now a days sucks donkey balls.... and now that sonic is in the game you know he suckshe ruins brawl like I predicted:laugh:

Rhubarbo

Smash Champion
Look, Sonic's games are poor due to abysmal developing. I'm sure Sakurai will implement him perfectly into Brawl. Besides, he is only a single character.

Kazydai

Smash Apprentice
My fear is Sora being in Brawl. That would just kill everything.

I would use my l33t ninja skillz to sneak into the Square-Enix headquartes and then bomb them.

No more Sora 4 U! ^_^

Then I would gouge my eyes out.

Superninjabreadman

Smash Lord
i fear brawls wifi will be over run bye MK MARIO LINK AND SONIC noobs
Mario is suposed to be high tier this game so I hear O_O. Besides. Beating people to a pulp is fun. It'll be all like "hey, wanna see how many online matches I can win w/o taking damge?" and then you'll end up facing M2K or someone and you'll get owned.

Thats my fear. Death by edgeguard.

Superninjabreadman

Smash Lord

I would use my l33t ninja skillz to sneak into the Square-Enix headquartes and then bomb them.

No more Sora 4 U! ^_^

Sorry to sorta spam post...

*Slaps* Sora Is awesome! but he prolly wont be in brawl. I'll be like "YES!" if he is but only if he was in his KHII outfit.

lookatthatbaconsizzle

Smash Journeyman

No more Sora 4 U! ^_^

Why would Sora be in brawl...?! Nevermind. I'm not even going to talk about this. Sakurai is so random ANYONE could be in his d**n game.

Nail

Smash Rookie
expect the worst.
so that when the game (finally) comes out you will be overwhelmed even more.

Kazydai

Smash Apprentice
Sorry to sorta spam post...

*Slaps* Sora Is awesome! but he prolly wont be in brawl. I'll be like "YES!" if he is but only if he was in his KHII outfit.
Why would Sora be in brawl...?! Nevermind. I'm not even going to talk about this. Sakurai is so random ANYONE could be in his d**n game.
Don't worry, I'm not a spammer. I posted this because a lot of freakin' n00bs/fanboys want sora in there. One guy even typed up his entire moveset. Taunts, FS's, everything. THen one of the moderators talked about how there was a possibility of Sora being in, considering business relations between Nintendo and Square-Enix.

I couldn't take it anymore...

I'm serious, if Sora was in this game, I almost would just keep playing Melee.

lookatthatbaconsizzle

Smash Journeyman
Don't worry, I'm not a spammer. I posted this because a lot of freakin' n00bs/fanboys want sora in there. One guy even typed up his entire moveset. Taunts, FS's, everything. THen one of the moderators talked about how there was a possibility of Sora being in, considering business relations between Nintendo and Square-Enix.

I couldn't take it anymore...

I'm serious, if Sora was in this game, I almost would just keep playing Melee.
wow really? I understand your point but once brawl comes out... I'm never playing Melee AGAIN! Yeah there is a likelihood of a square character making it, but I hope it is actually someone interesting, like (insert an awesome character from any Final Fantasy game here):)

Kazydai

Smash Apprentice
wow really? I understand your point but once brawl comes out... I'm never playing Melee AGAIN! Yeah there is a likelihood of a square character making it, but I hope it is actually someone interesting, like (insert an awesome character from any Final Fantasy game here):)
What was I thinking?! Brawl ftw!!!

SamusPoop

Banned via Warnings
I wanted a ranking system so bad ._.

I hope it's no as unbarely slow as I've heard and seen ._.

I hope the online play is good ._.

I hope samus comes from behind again and ***** face ._.

I really wanted rankings...

Kyle29

Smash Apprentice
My fear is for useless characters like pichu yong link or dr mario. They would serve better as alt. costumes. Also if there is a cel shaded Link I will cry, who wants two Links??? Thats like having mario and paper mario. :p

ohminsun

Smash Rookie
Yeah...I believe someone has already mentioned this...but I also have a "nagging fear that I will have to learn all the controls again"...even though it probably won't happen, but still.... ^^*

plasmatorture

Smash Journeyman
Sheik returning.
She just cripples Zelda as her down-b when Zelda clearly has enough material to draw from to have a full b moveset as well as interesting balanced combat (as opossed to being balanced as an opposite of Sheik in Melee). Sheik is neither interesting nor important enough to warrant her own character slot.

please no Sheik. :(

CartooN

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CartoooN
The fact that online will totally put me off the game.

I know what your thinking. ZOMG ONLINE = TEH AWESOMESSS
But honestly, apart from mario kart and tetris every online game nintendo has put out has screwed me over one way or another.

Let me point out some things from the ones Ive played:
Metroid Prime Hunters - Not a bad game but online play is dominated by hackers and people that take advantages of glitches. With no way to update the game these still remain and many people just want the wins.

Mario Strikers - Im not fantasic at this game, so i dont know much about it but ive noticed that lag will play a major part in the game. Even if youve gone up against someone with a full connection rating it still happens. Things like megastrikes, even though they take place entirely on one persons system (As in, apart from the end result, there is no requirement for data to be sent) there is still lag. Its...slightly agravting, doesnt effect the awesome 1 player and offline multiplayer, but kinda spoils the online fun.

Rankings - A lot of the online games Ive played have rating and rankings. Theres two types of ranking and one I have a huge grudge against.
Firstly, the good type. A good example of this is team fortress 2. The rankings contain NO negative rankings (eg deaths, losses). Even though these arent there you can still determin a persons skill from them. It has your high scores, achivements, top rankings with each character. I love this, its still a rating system but its all positive.

Then theres the bad, the ratio based ones. I know what your thinkin "YOUR JUST AFRAID OF LOOSING" etc etc. BUT hear me out. When people have a ratio to protect, they will do ANYTHING to protect it. As ratios become a big part of a persons respect in a game people take them very seriously. Some people will hack, glitch, cheat, do cheap/lame stuff in order to desporatly protect there ratings.

I want brawl to be FUN. I want to be happy, even when loosing and not have to worry about protecting my "online image"

Sorry for the long read.

Pengie

Smash Lord
Like others have said I fear the game getting postponed again. I also fear Sonic will be to hard to control due to his high ground speed.

lookatthatbaconsizzle

Smash Journeyman
The fact that online will totally put me off the game.

I know what your thinking. ZOMG ONLINE = TEH AWESOMESSS
But honestly, apart from mario kart and tetris every online game nintendo has put out has screwed me over one way or another.

Let me point out some things from the ones Ive played:
Metroid Prime Hunters - Not a bad game but online play is dominated by hackers and people that take advantages of glitches. With no way to update the game these still remain and many people just want the wins.

Mario Strikers - Im not fantasic at this game, so i dont know much about it but ive noticed that lag will play a major part in the game. Even if youve gone up against someone with a full connection rating it still happens. Things like megastrikes, even though they take place entirely on one persons system (As in, apart from the end result, there is no requirement for data to be sent) there is still lag. Its...slightly agravting, doesnt effect the awesome 1 player and offline multiplayer, but kinda spoils the online fun.

Rankings - A lot of the online games Ive played have rating and rankings. Theres two types of ranking and one I have a huge grudge against.
Firstly, the good type. A good example of this is team fortress 2. The rankings contain NO negative rankings (eg deaths, losses). Even though these arent there you can still determin a persons skill from them. It has your high scores, achivements, top rankings with each character. I love this, its still a rating system but its all positive.

Then theres the bad, the ratio based ones. I know what your thinkin "YOUR JUST AFRAID OF LOOSING" etc etc. BUT hear me out. When people have a ratio to protect, they will do ANYTHING to protect it. As ratios become a big part of a persons respect in a game people take them very seriously. Some people will hack, glitch, cheat, do cheap/lame stuff in order to desporatly protect there ratings.

I want brawl to be FUN. I want to be happy, even when loosing and not have to worry about protecting my "online image"

Sorry for the long read.
According to Sakurai there will be no rankings. but I bet if there is it WILL be like the Team Fortress 2 one, because nintendo will likely want everyone to be "happy". Then again, mario kart ds did the win/losses thing and it had gameshark users on it.... we'll just have to see I guess...:ohwell:

BrianM

Smash Journeyman
My only fear is the release date being pushed back again.
And that's not so much a fear as it is an annoyance, since they'll only be doing it to put on a few more last min. details if they do.

Wait. One other fear.
Tails not making it into the game in any way, shape, or form.
I believe Tails was shown as an assist trophy at one of the events; he picked people up that were falling.

Anyway, I'd fear a delay. I'd like the game while classes are still in session, not to mess with my schoolwork, but to give me a reason to come home, and to be okay with staying home (I hate being by myself).

ssbkid~

Smash Apprentice
i have allot of fears for brawl
ice climbers being nerfed
characters being overpowered
horrible online problems (ex:LAG and the worst,desynches like in ssb64 online)
another delay
game not living up to expectations
etc.

NastyMcMean

Smash Apprentice
my only fear is that i am gonna waste to much time and never get my HW done......... ever.......

lookatthatbaconsizzle

Smash Journeyman
You know, I would have to say one of my fears is that I will play this too much and almost FORGET about the awesome channel that will be coming to Wii after Brawl, WiiWare

The Protagonist

Smash Cadet
These aren't exactly fears as much as they are concerns but...

1.) Yet another delay (which would suck because my birthday is the week before Brawl)
2.) Mega Man not being present in the game...
3.) The online not being up to par as one might think
4.) Somebody discovers wave dashing in Brawl somehow (oh gawd)

Weed

Smash Lord
One of my fears has already come true (Lyn being some minor, useless ****), Marth returning, and another delay (which I don't doubt for a second.

Top Bottom