• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Your best For Glory comebacks?

ThePuffDaddy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
flashman69
I don't play for glory, but I have gotten some hype comebacks at tourneys. I did one in a Diddy ditto it was awesome. It was streamed too. I can link it if anyone cares

DragonBlade64

Smash Apprentice
:4shulk:(Me) vs. :4yoshi:

This Yoshi manages to take my first stock and then rack up my damage to ~100%. Through some well-placed counters and use of the speed art, I was able to take both of his stocks before he could finish me off.
I would put the replay up, but patches keep deleting them.

Last edited:

MacSmitty

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Seeker624
Switch FC
SW 1823 5909 5682
:4pit:(Me) vs :rosalina:.
I was getting rekted by Rosalina, she racked up my damage by using N-Air while i was recovering, grabs, and jab, with some up-airs. After taking over 100% on my last stock, I took her first stock with a stage spike, then with some grabs to air follow ups, I raised her damage to 70% where I killed her with a rage F-Smash at the ledge.
This happened in the 1.08 Patch.

Fullgore

Smash Rookie
Me :4shulk:and they :4zss:, I was losing badly in the first stock, but after I used Jump Monado to rack up damage and stay away from the paralyzer/ grab combo of ZSS. well in a moment I have saved and might probably upload to youtune, ZSS found herself on a ledge and :4shulk: with jump monado on went for a jump(2) into :GCD::GCA: and she was launched. It was epic

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Here's another for me:
:4megaman: (me) vs. :4ryu:
Getting pounded real good with this one. It's Haduken after another and Tatsumaki after the other, I didn't know what else to do there. Just as he was coming at me with a Tatsumaki, I was fortunate enough to finish him off with a charged forward smash at a high percentage. For Glory Ryus seem to like his dash attack, Focus Attack and Tatsumaki a lot.

littleuniverse

Smash Cadet
:4link:(Me) vs. :4marth:

The guy somehow manages to kill my first stock with the grab and up attack over and over again. Then he taunts me (oh it's on mother****er) I kill him when I'm at 61%. He launches me off stage I'm at 130% right now and this f***er taunts (IM NOT DEAD YET BISH >:D) he wants to finish me off so he jumps off the stage and hits me to meteor smash me (still not dead) he tries to save himself but ITS ALREADY TOO LATE AND HES TOO FAR DOWN TO GRAB THE LEDGE. He falls down to his death and I happily up b and he falls faster than me c:

MalcolmFlex

Smash Cadet
Actually just got bodied by a Bowser Jr. clone and he had me at 80% while I had yet to hit him; but all it takes with Ness is an Up+B on the side of the stage to 1-hit him to death. I would upload the video but with the lag I looked like Yamcha vs. Android 20.

LIVERPOOP

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MartinSkrtel37
3DS FC
0130-1906-5039
i played this Fox the other day, as Roy, who was an absolute schizo. he obviously started the match out with lasers upon lasers which annoys me so much. this guy kept rolling, yes rolling everywhere, which looks SO noob, rolling to the other side of the stage to laser me. i went through my stage of anger and annoyance and hatred for people who play like this then just tore through it and got aggressive, i made him get aggressive which lead to him falling off the stage in a state of schizophrenic leg spinning madness. you seriously don't want to mess with an aggressive Roy, it almost makes you wince the power that can be dealt out in seconds XD

Avokha

A+B smash tech is my baby <3
NNID
Avokha00
3DS FC
4914-3109-5720
:4robinm:(me) vs. :4mario:
It was towards the end of the match and I had the percent lead. My opponent got a lucky spike on his fair and immediately upon landing taunted, as he believed he won. His spike didn't push me far enough, though, and I rolled back onto the stage mid taunt and landed one last levin sword f-smash, winning the game :D

Haloedhero

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Haloedhero
3DS FC
4957-3994-3545
This is an old one, but:

In slowmo, you can see me dash forward before jumping to get him to react and waste his double jump, because I was way behind and needed to bet on an early kill by taking away recovery options, even though I could've reached him with an attack if I'd just jumped forward from that spot.

Then the rest is pretty standard Mega Man stuff. He was a good Link, though. Beat me a few times iirc.

Edit: And then there's this, where I came back from a near-death experience at a smaller deficit—though a stock behind—and then caused an SD with a little fake out to take the victory (though also a tough opponent who went about even or better with me):

And yeah, I steered him over the edge on purpose, because I knew I could survive on a stage with walls.

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
This is perhaps the most satisfying comeback I've ever made...and it may not happen again.
:4littlemac: (me) vs. :4megaman:
I'll let this vid do all the talking, though if you wanna know what I'm talking about, jump ahead to around 2:18.

Last edited:

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
I just got a good one today

:4wario2:(me) vs. :4ness:
I was doing good at first but once I got him to about 40% on his second stock he basically beat me to a pulp. I had about 160% and was about to be KO'd but landed a fully charged waft on him (if I waited for about a second he would have b-throwed me to my death). Overall this Ness was pretty fun to fight.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Here's one I got recently.
:rosalina: (me) vs. :4myfriends:
Apparently, this guy has been relying heavily on Ike's dash attack, some of which has caught me off guard. He was giving me the beating of a lifetime until I managed to regain control of the match and I finished him off with a semi-charged forward smash without Luma for the win.

Rinku リンク

Hero of "Likes"
NNID
JinnyK
2v2 FG Omega Halberd with my friend.
:4lucina::4link:(me) vs. :4yoshi::4gaw:

It ends up going to sudden death (cause time and people stalling is the best thing ever).

My friend as Lucina dies right away and it's just me left alone. I jump off stage and grab the ledge. As they both try to hit me from the ledge I jump from it and D-air hitting :4gaw: then bouncing towards :4yoshi:killing him too.

Probably the funniest/greatest comeback I've ever experienced.

Playerhater

Smash Cadet
How is that Falcon abusing anything? He was playing like a boss, unlike you though. You never move near the edges and always let the other player recover because you're too scared to chase them off the stage. Don't be scared homey.

This is perhaps the most satisfying comeback I've ever made...and it may not happen again.
:4littlemac: (me) vs. :4megaman:
I'll let this vid do all the talking, though if you wanna know what I'm talking about, jump ahead to around 2:18.

Where is the comeback? You were in lead the whole match and ended with a lame KO punch.

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
How is that Falcon abusing anything? He was playing like a boss, unlike you though. You never move near the edges and always let the other player recover because you're too scared to chase them off the stage. Don't be scared homey.

Where is the comeback? You were in lead the whole match and ended with a lame KO punch.
What's so lame about that awesome K.O. Uppercut, babyface?

Playerhater

Smash Cadet
What's so lame about that awesome K.O. Uppercut, babyface?
It's weak sauce, the only male character for feminists who don't know what a comeback is. Certified virgin punch. The skill level of five three year old girls.

phantom man

Smash Journeyman
:4jigglypuff:(me) vs :4metaknight:

I was at 111% and he was at 55%, we were both on our last stock. I was getting bodied HARD! I then do something i've always wanted to do, I got a Dair into Rest. I was happy that I did that combo after hearing about it for so long.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Ignoring Playerhater's weak and worthless comment, here's another comeback I remembered though this was on the 3DS version.
:4megaman: (me) vs. :4falcon:
Just like all the other Captain Falcons I've faced, I was getting my ass handed to me by the same overused tactics over and over again. Lost my first stock and then soon after I continue to take some more beatings until I was like at 100%, I think...I don't remember. I made a short comeback all of a sudden, giving him a couple of beatings myself until I send him flying off stage at, like, 50%. He makes an attempt to recover until I gave him the Hard Knuckle spike for the win. I do have the replay of that match, of course, but I can't get myself to touch the 3DS version at the moment.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
It's weak sauce, the only male character for feminists who don't know what a comeback is. Certified virgin punch. The skill level of five three year old girls.

Based on what? It's not like a guaranteed hit or anything, plus it's easy to get punished hard for it if you whiff. It's not that reliable of a KO method, it's more of a trump card honestly.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I never understood why anyone would still complain about Little Mac's K.O. Uppercut. I mean it is as you say, Fatmanonice, it ain't that easy to hit anyways.

Playerhater

Smash Cadet
Based on what? It's not like a guaranteed hit or anything, plus it's easy to get punished hard for it if you whiff. It's not that reliable of a KO method, it's more of a trump card honestly.
I just played Libble Max for the first time in my life. In FG one-on-one ofcourse. Just played like all Libble Max and won all matches by not jumping and without any combos (jabbing doesn't count).
Last match I got my ass whooped, but then my meter started blinking and I won by pressing B.

SUCH SKILL!!1 COMEBACK OF THE YEAR!! AWESOME KO UPPERCUT!!1 SO SATISFYING

It's like winning with a blue shell in Mario Kart. Really lame. Libble Max was even easier to use than expected. Just mindblowing dumb and simple.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Except he's only really good against bad players. He has a lot of exploitable weaknesses, with his virtually nonexistent offstage game being one of them. Little Mac is not a very good character in the grand scheme of the game. There's almost no Little Macs in the top levels of play for a reason.

Last edited:

Playerhater

Smash Cadet
So he's lame to play and lame to fight and his KO punch is a lame comeback, which wasn't even a comeback in the video.

My point exactly.
Jesus

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Here's another one here.
Default :rosalina: (me) vs. Yellow :rosalina:
Not really the best comeback I've had but it was still a pretty close, though I'm not a huge fan of ditto matches such as this. We were pretty even for a moment until he took my first stock. Once we were both on our last stock, I was taking quite a beating with about a 110% damage while he was still pretty low. I felt like I've lost my touch right there until I somehow regained control of the match and finished him off with a well timed down air spike.

Daxter

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DaxterD
3DS FC
1289-9356-8058
Someone's Captain Falcon took me down as Robin, by keeping me off stage until my Elwind tome ran out; I had made the mistake of overusing the Wind jab earlier, but only had dealt 30% damage total.

I don't think he expected an aggressive Robin; I used Eltunders, Arcfires, Nosferatus, Arcthunders and all manner of Levin aerials to make sure he didn't touch the ground. Elwind off stage worked wonders too. It feels like I've come a long way from the days where all a C.Falcon would have to do is grab/dash attack me to win.

Quarium

Smash Journeyman
This one pikachu gimps my kirby at like 20% because I accidentaly naired offstage (wich with no autocancel its as bad as greninja's in terms of lag) guy taunts, I taunt back because hey I have a sense of humor unlike some people. I kill off his stock while only taking 10% then win the match at like 80%. I bet he was pretty ashamed.

Purin a.k.a. José

Smash Lord
NNID
purinsmash
3DS FC
1418-7121-0144
I was getting totally bodied by a great Diddy, and managed to comeback with quite high Kill percentage.
Sorry for the highlight, Nintendo won't let me post anything above 3 minutes and I have no Capture card either.

Kaiduru Zeta

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Kaiduru_Zeta8
3DS FC
1332-7842-2519
:rosalina:(me) vs. :4roy:
So not really a comeback more like a getback. So me being an idiot misaims recovery to lose stock. Guy taunts with one stock left TWICE! I nair then fsmash his a** and I taunted.

WrappedInBlack

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PyroJayBlack
3DS FC
1736-3220-0909
A few times my opponents have gotten me off stage and as they try yo finish me off, I spike them to their deaths. Like this one time a DK threw me off and tried to spike me BUT I spiked him instead... It was so funny...

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
:4pacman:(Me) vs. A quite spammy :4link:. (Not sure if he's a member here but, hehe...)

Anyway, after being in a couple of matches, losing to this person online with the SAME proyectile based techniques, I decided to pay it back with proyectiles of my own, and oh man, even then it was close, and almost took the entire match's five minutes duration; but it was so damn satisfying when victory got on my side. As a matter of fact, I got proof:

Not long since it was originally like four minutes, but here's the good bits of it. You can picture the rest in your mind if you know FG Link's already.

:bowser:

|RK|

Smash Marketer
Not sure. All I know is I was probably at some stupid high percent, they were probably at a really low percent, and Final Cutter spike might have been involved.

Not hype, but h-i-l-a-r-i-o-u-s.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Here is another comeback right here.

:rosalina: (me) vs. :4ryu:
I was pretty far behind after losing my first stock early in the match, which was embarrassing, lol Took quite a lot of beatings here and there but I still manage to hold on with my last stock. Regardless of the results, I still had fun with this matchup.

D

Deleted member

Fighting this Fox who was all over me when I was playing Dedede. He took my first stock in about a minute's time with me getting only about 17% on him. He taunts twice, first the "Here I come!" taunt then the blaster one. I thought about giving up then things took a turn, it almost felt like I became an entirely different player and I didn't know why. I did the down throw to up air chain many times in succession, edgeguarded every attempt he tried tor recover with Gordos and forward air, and I ended took two stocks off him while taking about 50% on my last one after stage spiking him with back air while he was using Fire Fox towards the ledge. Updates deleted it but man I wish I could've shown it.

Rinku リンク

Hero of "Likes"
NNID
JinnyK
:4pacman:(Me) vs. A quite spammy :4link:. (Not sure if he's a member here but, hehe...)

Anyway, after being in a couple of matches, losing to this person online with the SAME proyectile based techniques, I decided to pay it back with proyectiles of my own, and oh man, even then it was close, and almost took the entire match's five minutes duration; but it was so damn satisfying when victory got on my side. As a matter of fact, I got proof:

Not long since it was originally like four minutes, but here's the good bits of it. You can picture the rest in your mind if you know FG Link's already.

Oh look an Oni Link who spams, never seen that before. Lul that orange toss though xD

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
Oh look an Oni Link who spams, never seen that before. Lul that orange toss though xD
Indeed. I laughed as soon as that orange made impact, I'd more of so but since it was like on 3: 00 Am I had to tune it down a notch. Still amused when moments like that happen. :denzel:

VPTurnip

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Turnip
3DS FC
0920-3141-8524
Oh look an Oni Link who spams, never seen that before.
Why is it always the Deity ones. Sigh. Maybe we should rename them the FDFG's or something.

Anyway, I posted this on the replay channel on 3DS. Search United States, Link, For Glory 1v1. Link vs Fox. I also did the Mario one next to it.

:4link:(me) vs. :4fox:
I was playing TERRIBLY as Link that day, totally out of whack. (I'd had a bad day and couldn't focus on the game at all, dunno why I even bothered playing.) and I was up against a decent Fox player. IIRC I messed up spacing out the get-go and only managed a few hits on him, then he comes in and bodies me hard. We mix it up, he gets me off stage good, I go for a bomb recovery while he's hanging on the ledge (lol) and I'm *just* about to die when the bomb goes off and I up+b and nab him, stage-spiking him and taking his mid-percent stock! xD
It was a "If I'm going down, you're going down with me!" moment. So surprising, I bet it really caught him off guard lol.
I still played terribly after that but I managed to win somehow, I don't even know.

Then on the same day:
:4link:(me) vs. :4mario:
Again I was doing badly, this one was just strange though. He was destroying me, yet somehow I managed to get him to 70%~, before he finished my first stock. So I come back determined not to be two-stocked, at least, and I manage to take his first stock. After that he kind of.. sucked? It wasn't a level 1 CPU, I could tell it was still them, but they just totally dropped the ball and it was so strange. Maybe they were half-ignoring the game? I dunno. So weird! I only ended up winning because they just gave up. Like, it's not like they stopped throwing out moves, they still attacked me a bunch, but there was no feeling behind any of it, no reads, nothing.

Anyway, yeah, comebacks.
Oh! Tino's Ryu ones were great, btw! Thanks for those! I'm kind of addicted to watching decent Ryu matches right now. Too bad that last one just kept spamming moves hoping they'd work. :/ They really love unsafe Focus to land, don't they?

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
This was the most recent one I had.

:rosalina: (me) vs. :4luigi: - Wish I didn't lose my first stock the way he did. I avoided challenging him in the air as best as possible out of concern that he might use that pain in the ass Luigi Cyclone that could potentially cost me the match. It's a good thing I didn't fast fall to my death at the end, although I should've used my recovery regardless.

Rinku リンク

Hero of "Likes"
NNID
JinnyK
Arrow sniped some people during sudden death in 2v2 FG today. It's cute when people with reflectors like :4mario::4zelda::4falco::4drmario:think I'll just shoot immediately and end up being sitting ducks.

Top Bottom