• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Your best For Glory comebacks?

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
This was the most recent one I had.

:rosalina: (me) vs. :4luigi: - Wish I didn't lose my first stock the way he did. I avoided challenging him in the air as best as possible out of concern that he might use that pain in the *** Luigi Cyclone that could potentially cost me the match. It's a good thing I didn't fast fall to my death at the end, although I should've used my recovery regardless.
Damn. That was a close one, nice job dude.

That Luigi was also certainly really good. The MISFIRES are strong with this player. Reminds me of that Melee player called Abate that ALWAYS had these kind of moments with his Luigi.

Overall, nice match. Very close and tense. Love when matches turn like that. :gova:

:bowser:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Damn. That was a close one, nice job dude.

That Luigi was also certainly really good. The MISFIRES are strong with this player. Reminds me of that Melee player called Abate that ALWAYS had these kind of moments with his Luigi.

Overall, nice match. Very close and tense. Love when matches turn like that. :gova:

Thank you, brother. It was a pretty intense match for me to the point that I might've lost my Smash mojo there. Good thing I still got it in me. :)

I had more fun fighting against his Villager in our first two matches though.

Smashifer

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CRYN1ME
3DS FC
5129-3686-1647
:4mewtwo:(me) VS. :4sheik:

Ohh boy, awful matchup for my boy M2 over there. While I was getting my purple butt beaten to a pulp, I managed to nab a stock off of him. The problem was, though, that I was already over 100% on my last stock and he still had a fresh one. After some time, I got him offstage and while he was jumping up to grab the ledge, I f-aired him into the stage, which in turn stage spiked him, however with him not having not much damage on him, he didn't have enough hitstun on him to actually KO him, so I went for the next best thing; d-air. I spiked him, which didn't kill him but he didn't have his second jump and his up B barely missed the ledge before falling to his doom.

Never have I felt more invigorated after a battle.

I would post the replay, but that was during the Lucas patch, and the most recent patches deleted the replay. :urg:

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
My most recent one, which occurred earlier this evening.

:4littlemac: (me) vs. :4zss: - I had fun playing against this guy's Lucina in our previous matches but things took a turn for the worst when went Zero Suit Samus on my ass. I was doing pretty good at first but all of a sudden, I started taking a beating from out of nowhere and I lost my first stock from that Flip Jump spike but I managed to take a stock from him moments after. As the match progress, it's Paralyzer after Paralyzer, grab after grab, dash attack after dash attack and aerial after aerial. All that **** has put me in about 150% or so damage. Unfortunately for my opponent, a Spinning Kick left him wide open for a K.O. Uppercut for the win. I do have a replay saved but this happened on the 3DS version.

SherrdreamZ

Jubilant Adept Princess
NNID
SherrdreamZ
One that happened today was i was playing as :4zelda: and was at about 120% vs a fresh Stock :4sheik: that was actually pretty tech and skill savvy. but while chasing me down with Bouncing fish before she returned i Nair dragged her down and then footstooled her before she could get back to recover and she died at like 20% while i was at about 160% and nearly died from the Fair before she went for bouncing fish. Crazy match, she beat me 2 other matches aswell so it felt good to clutch that one.

Last edited:

ArcanaXIII

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ArcanaXIII
So I was :4wario2: against a :4littlemac:. I just wanna say that this matchup is just about even, maybe slightly in Mac's favor, but the occasional lag spikes made it more difficult than normal to punish Mac. I got absolutely destroyed on the first stock, he was sitting on 2 stocks at pretty low percent. As the match went on, I slowly picked up on his habits and realized he kinda loved countering and was a little too aggro. Of course, I was fearing the KO Punch, and I was hanging at the ledge when he got it. Ultimately, I decided to go for the riskiest, yet pretty unexpected option and do a normal ledge get up into dash up grab, throw him off stage and then successfully take out his first stock. After racking up a little more damage on the next stock, I decided to try and bait out a counter by charging up an Fsmash on his landing, which actually worked and allowed me kill him super early.

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039

Passing by to leave this one. A rather close match at times, with an nail bitting ending from it. Closer than close, even. :dazwa:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I got two comebacks right here.

:4ganondorf: (me) vs. :4megaman: - As you can tell, I'm not very experienced with him despite the fact that I used to main him before dropping him. I'll just let the video speak for itself. All I can say is that he got too close at the end.

:rosalina: (me) vs. :4shulk: - Not really much of a comeback here, but something worth mentioning.

Last edited:

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
Here's this one from some days ago in my never-ending adventures in FG-LAND.

:4drmario: (Myself) vs. :4falcon:.

A rather even fight with some small blink and you'll lose moments and some where if by some close strikes and the battle would have ended swiftly. I am rather proud of it as it was rather close near the end, but I managed to move forward to victory.

Purin a.k.a. José

Smash Lord
NNID
purinsmash
3DS FC
1418-7121-0144
I ended up discovering a new kind of Sheik edgeguard, but I was very annoyed on how "optimal" this ended up being. So I made my own "optimal" comeback. I wish I could get the full video though.

Frizz

Will Thwack You At 0%
I believe there was this one time I was playing in this server where I got two Elwind spikes at the same time. Now I'm not sure if that contributed to a comeback because we might have been in the lead already, but it can definitely tip the scales at any time. I'll search for the replay later, if I even saved it.

GooberGaming

Smash Apprentice
Recently I was matched up against a :4pikachu: while I was playing :4samus:.

The game was fairly 1 sided and I was getting destroyed by this :4pikachu: player. We both SD'd our first stock at the same time, and I managed to rack up damage as :4pikachu:began to juggle me like nothing... I managed to bait an air dodge and catch :4pikachu:in my Up-B to secure the last stock.

ALSO... I was getting so salty over the fact that I couldn't Z-air :4pikachu:while he was grounded due to his size.. T_T :p.

LozNerd

Smash Apprentice
I'm at 100% and 1 stock with :4ganondorf:. He is at two stocks and some percent (don't quite remember between 50% and 100%) with :4charizard:. I get him offstage and land da stomp :bee:, he comes back, knocks me offstage and goes for the edgeguard = Ganoncide for win.

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039

I'll be honest. I was sure I was going to lose this one after giving less than 50% on my opponent at the start, especially with that less than good moments here and there, but I somehow made it through with my prevailing will and skill in a way. To victory...

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
:4megaman: (me) vs. :4cloud: - I though for certain I was gonna lose my his one. He played quite better on this one than the previous match I had with him as Rosalina. Despite this, it was still a fun match.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
This one happened to me recently.

:rosalina: (me) vs. :4peach: - I noticed this guy was relying heavily on her damn forward air, one of which did took away my first stock as a result. It was a pretty intense matchup for me but in the end, it just wasn't enough to send me to the stars.

BarSoapSoup

Smash Journeyman
:4bowser:(me) VS :4cloud:

Back when Cloud was first released I figured he would be a tough for fight for Bowser. Things got pretty bad for me when I found out his Down+B Limit move could murder Bowz at 70%. I struggled to get his first stock afterwards, and by then I had been in about the 50s range with stock. He got limit one more time, and by then I had been in the 110s while he was only in the 70s. I managed to roll behind him as he initiated and missed the limit move. Then I dashed forward, and Bowser Bombed him, breaking his shield.

I laid back on my couch.

Took a breath.

Side smashed to victory. B)

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
:4bowser:(me) VS :4cloud:

Back when Cloud was first released I figured he would be a tough for fight for Bowser. Things got pretty bad for me when I found out his Down+B Limit move could murder Bowz at 70%. I struggled to get his first stock afterwards, and by then I had been in about the 50s range with stock. He got limit one more time, and by then I had been in the 110s while he was only in the 70s. I managed to roll behind him as he initiated and missed the limit move. Then I dashed forward, and Bowser Bombed him, breaking his shield.

I laid back on my couch.

Took a breath.

Side smashed to victory. B)
Oh man, this comment hit too close to home.

You have no idea how much of a hassle it is to fight against Cloud as a Bowser user, but would you know that is actually my GO-TO strategy as SOON as I find a Cloud as my opponent? Way to MUCH. TThat's what I always do after dealing with another character than Bowser and deal with those same problems and I suppose it works for me to somehow 'fight back' his strong attacks with Bowser's. All the way to the GLORIOUS 'Bowser-Shield-Breaking-Bomb'. That move is surely a way to ease the stress of a fight in one swift attack.

TRUESTORY.MP4

Speaking of which, here is one of my many 'adventures' against Cloud. Aside from Bowser, it seems to me that :4ryu:is quite helpful against him. (Or perhaps he's becoming a main in the making for me, I don't know...) Hehe...

Last edited:

JAZZ_

The Armored Artist
NNID
childofgalifrey
Its probably not my greatest Come back
but its fresh and extra spicy

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
:4lucina: (me) vs. :4falcon: - I made a pretty decent comeback on this one. Basically it clearly shows just how much I can't stand fighting against this overrated ****.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
:4wario: vs :4charizard:
A pretty good Charizard who took my first stock fairly quickly. I still can't believe I won this.

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
:4wario: vs :4charizard:
A pretty good Charizard who took my first stock fairly quickly. I still can't believe I won this.

Jeez...

That was too DAMN close. Seriously, that fart SAVED you, hehe. Recently I've been getting into playing as Wario, and man, he is fun to play with. His slow quirky yet strong style is endearing and the "Waft"can truly help as a last option to victory.

Props on that victory, dude

.:bowser:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
:rosalina: (me) vs. :4cloud2: - I haven't used Rosalina in quite a while so it was time for me to put her back in action.
Anyways, it was me against a rather scrubbish Cloud who kept abusing Cross Slash and Limit Charge and all that other dumb ****. Lost my first stock while he was still at a lower percentage. I managed to regain control of the match and took his stock, same **** again until he eventually ended up killing himself.

MarMarTheGreat

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Dylannumar2
3DS FC
2595-2936-3247
Turning a game around by doing first a 2x UAIR into Boost Kick Combo

And then finishing the last stock with a Down Special Spike

Last edited:

Cool Trainer Ace

Smash Journeyman
NNID
bleechwiiID
:4jigglypuff:(me) vs. :4link:
Let me start out by saying that I have no idea how to play Jigglypuff. And that's one of the reasons why this is not only my greatest comeback, but one of the most hilarious Smash Bros experiences that I've ever had, and why I still want to get better at the game.

So I decided since I was winning against this guy for a bit (on For Glory), for some reason I decided to go Mewtwo to screw around with him. So I load into the game as normal, but he's AFK. So I decide 'Let's throw him off a cliff for a bit'. I do this for a few matches, then I decide: 'Hey, let's play Jiggs for a bit.' (I was having too much fun) So I did, and in the middle of my first throw, he comes back. He misses his recovery, but I'm thinking 'Oh, God he's going to destroy me'. And he does just that. He knocks one stock off me and gets me to around 80%. I float around him and bait out an up smash. He shields for a while and in that very moment, as his shield shrinks, I walk up to him slowly and nail him with a perfect rest, ending his stock. I'm really sad I didn't get to get the replay (I wasn't paying attention).

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
:4samus:(Me) vs. :4falcon:(Opponent)

Now, I have to say that while I'm not the best as Samus, I got a good surprise on seeing how fine I was doing as Samus, a character that have not used in the series much, or at least in comparison with my other characters or mains that I do use. Maybe I should give her the same treatment as those and try to get good as her as her playstyle is so interesting when you're not spamming with her.

And with the match, well, it is so close that I could have lost if what happened on the end didn't happened. Damn. Props for landing the hit and for my opponent on missing that possible tech, I guess, hehe...

:samus:.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
:rosalina: (me) vs. :4littlemac: - I don't usually play Rosalina defensively but against someone like Little Mac, I was forced to use that approach. After getting my lights punched out of my first stock, I thought it spelled the beginning of the end for me, especially since I carelessly left myself wide open for the KO Uppercut...on my last stock...but unfortunately for him, he failed on that opportunity. Not sure how I managed to survive long enough for me to finish the match by gimping him. The Mac was still a pretty decent one and I enjoyed it nonetheless.

Cool Trainer Ace

Smash Journeyman
NNID
bleechwiiID
:4greninja:(Me) vs. :4ryu:

I don't play Greninja too often, and I'm definitely not the best player (my reads are off and my edge guarding is nonexistent), but this is one of the best comebacks I've had in a while. He starts off the match styling on me, and I have barely any room to hit him. He grabs me over and over again, doing damage, following up, and edge guarding. He finishes my first stock at 42% on his first stock. I left myself open a LOT in this match, but it was so satisfying to finish his two stocks at 171%. Sorry it's a highlight reel, it was too long to be a video. >.<

Dutch Kirby

Smash Cadet
NNID
WhiscashQueen
3DS FC
3754-9493-1303
Some time ago, against Lucario, I accidentally killed myself at the start and was severely damaged while Lucario had two lives left. I was certain to lose. However, the luck to survive at high damage and a very powerful fiery hammer decided otherwise.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IcYJo8HD9ng

And same goes for Donkey Kong here. I didn't deserve to win, but the comeback felt pretty damn epic. Stone and hammer saved me. Mostly, his missing punch at the end saved me.\
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWQqw5Usmxg

MacSmitty

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Seeker624
Switch FC
SW 1823 5909 5682
Me :4lucas: vs LuckyStar :4lucas:
So I play Lucas again after along while, and as it shows, I'm a bit rusty. So when I die early, He taunts, and that's when I decide to start making better decisions during the match. In the end, he tried a meteor smash, but... that backfired.

newto12

Smash Rookie
NNID
newto12
:4link: (me) vs. :4sheik:

When I posted this on Miiverse my comment was "Wow! Just wow..."
This one is a bit different as it has to do with the MATCHUP as you will find out in the end.

Intro: Link plays with bombs from a distance while Sheik does nothing!

Round 1

Sheik makes a move and Link engages battle using tools. Through Neutral battle Sheik gets 'the jump' on Link (never gives up!)

Damage continues to pile up on both sides. Link 102% / Sheik 81%

Link gets KO'd due to a gimp 'hidden' in a series of aerial attacks.

Round 2

Tactical maneuvers on both sides, but Link KO's Sheik while receiving only 12% damage

The matchup progresses evenly until damage reaches - Link 56% / Sheik 19%

an off-stage battle that looks to be in Sheik's favor (naturally), and a visit to the abyss for Link, takes place and the tides really turn in a sudden and ENTERTAINING WAY!

Last edited:

Smashifer

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CRYN1ME
3DS FC
5129-3686-1647
Wooh! I'm back with a new replay:

Me :4kirby: vs. Quentin :4marth:

It was difficult for sure, but I managed to pull through in the end! This is also one of my first few battles with Kirby in a long while, so it'd be nice if you guys maybe left some constructive criticism!

Last edited:

syklone

Smash Cadet
NNID
ThePerson14
I've probably had better comebacks but, well this is the only one I saved/uploaded

Fox who?

Smash Cadet
NNID
xanhil
3DS FC
4957-6199-7845
I main :4jigglypuff:, so I rely heavily on gimps and reads. Just today, I was about 100% playing a :4falcon: with 2 stocks and about 60 percent. He started getting cocky. Rested the first stock. He rushed in on me. I knocked him off and gimped the recovery on his second.

He left immediately.

Last edited:

BEASTMASTERTOAD

Smash Cadet
NNID
BEASTMASTERTOAD
I was in a match against a Falco that was able to read and bait me pretty well (I was using Shulk). He stocked me before I could get him to 100% and he started dash dancing in celebration. I came back and got his stock, but by then I was on the wrong side of 100% on my second stock as well.

He was trying to toy with me at first, but then started getting desperate when I got him to 100%. He nearly took me out with a good smash attack, but I came back (not before he prematurely taunted). I ended up sealing the deal by knocking him off stage and then stopping his side B with a side smash, KOing him. He instantly quit.

Felt good.

Last edited:

crustacean

Smash Rookie
I remember a match I had as Wario against a Jiggly, Got Fair'ed to death early. She got cocky and tried to rest, got my kill at ~60% on me. Got knocked off stage with her at 0%, she jumped after me early and I did the only thing I could think of and stall as low as I could. Made it back to the ledge thanks to 2 jumps a full charge and a corkscrew and Jiggly gently floated to her death waving her pound at me menacingly as she went.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
My most recent one.

:4falco: (me) vs. :4ness: - I ended up losing my first stock to a back throw before I could get him to 50% damage. Had it rough after that until he got careless at the end.

Top Bottom